AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2014-07-27, 21:18   Link #10161
GDB

I assumed it was Isumi. She's the main one we've seen with spiritual powers that could fire an arrow of light like that.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 10:17   Link #10162
madmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Hata really likes to mix his humor and drama. Of course, money would solve all their problems. Though my favorite moment was when Nagi didn't notice the sandstorm.

"Brother... I did it again" Damn that line got to me. Considering where it comes from.

Now on to who destroyed the stone. The most obvious answer would be Yozora, but they would want to have the stone and not have it destroyed. Of course, unless they have an alternative (Which would most likely be Wataru). Other than that the only other person would be Isumi, but your guess is as good as mine as why she would do that.
I'll hold off on guessing who destroyed the stone, but there's two more stones we know the locations of. Wataru has one, and there's also the stone Aika had that Machina is currently hiding. We like just got the flashback explaining the second one, so that's probably where the story is going next.

Still, I'm pretty sure there's no other stones we've seen at any point in the manga. I guess if Nagi somehow ends up with one and Hsui with the other it works out.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 13:45   Link #10163
AstroNerdBoy

Another good chapter, more so since Nagi came up with the simple solution. ^_^

As to who destroyed the King's Jewel, I figured the entity possessing Yukiji probably did it to spite Hayate.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 14:53   Link #10164
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Another good chapter, more so since Nagi came up with the simple solution. ^_^

As to who destroyed the King's Jewel, I figured the entity possessing Yukiji probably did it to spite Hayate.
That seems a bit smart for an entity possessing Yukiji.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 22:51   Link #10165
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That seems a bit smart for an entity possessing Yukiji.
It isn't about smart; it is about spite. Higanman knew Hayate wanted the jewel in the pouch, so when Hayate got it, he destroyed it in a last effort of spite against Hayate to make him pay for the loss of Higanman's curry.

Or at least, that's how I saw it.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2014-07-29, 18:01   Link #10166
MCAL

That's quite plausible, but I feel like it should be a little more complicated than that. If it was the spirit, I think Hata would have shown us in this chapter.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 23:45   Link #10167
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
That's quite plausible, but I feel like it should be a little more complicated than that. If it was the spirit, I think Hata would have shown us in this chapter.
And you are probably right, but with Hata-sensei, it is so difficult to know for sure exactly what he's going to do.

Old 2014-07-31, 23:06   Link #10168
clarkken228

Those words fits Hina right? Maybe this is HinaxIkusa hint?
clarkken228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 06:20   Link #10169
AstroNerdBoy

That's the moment where Fumi-chan starts on the path that will lead her to become president of the Student Council. *nods*

And I'm going to ship Ikusa x Fumi.

Old 2014-08-03, 16:50   Link #10170
MCAL

And so ends this arc. And unless Hata be trollin', we are starting a new arc next week.

So as expected it was Isumi who did the deed. Though what was unexpected was the it was under Athena's orders. It will be interesting to learn why one day.

Lol, with Fumi-chan just finding Yukiji and thinking she saved her.

Last edited by MCAL; 2014-08-03 at 19:25.
Old 2014-08-03, 20:02   Link #10171
ChampDream
Alive

Interesting learning that A-tan scheme all this to destroy the stone with the help of Isumi, I guess she trying to stop whoever want to misuse the stone, so even if Hayate could have grab the stone, he could have lose it later. At least is nice seeing Hayate and is brother bonding.
Old 2014-08-03, 20:19   Link #10172
ellifeedn
Thinker

If all the stones are destroyed, who will be the heir?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 22:15   Link #10173
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
So as expected it was Isumi who did the deed. Though what was unexpected was the it was under Athena's orders. It will be interesting to learn why one day.
I had figured early on that Athena set up everything, but her partnering with Isumi was surprising to me. The fact that Athena wanted the stone destroyed was surprising as well.

I had thought we'd see Athena exit the scene for a while since she wasn't in HIAPOE nor CTMEOY, but I guess that'll happen later.

Quote:
Lol, with Fumi-chan just finding Yukiji and thinking she saved her.
Yeah, but her newfound Lifesaver mentality is what puts her on the road to eventually becoming the Student Council president.

Old 2014-08-03, 22:52   Link #10174
madmac

I'm actually a little befuddled as to what the new arc is going to be. I figured the Beach Arc would more or less bridge the (small) gap between the end of the Mangaka Arc and HIAPOE/CTMEOY but now it looks like Hata has another week or so worth of time to fill with whatever first.

I mean, they could go after Aika's stone next but Athena is basically holding that one and after just blowing one up I don't think she's inclined to hand it over.

That said, good chapter, and I really enjoyed the Beach Arc overall. It was a nice, short, refreshing arc with a lot of humor that harkened back to the early days of the manga and some interesting story developments. There was some filler, but nothing too out of hand.
Old 2014-08-04, 12:12   Link #10175
GDB

It doesn't entirely surprise me that Athena would prevent Hayate from getting the stone. Unless I'm completely blanking on what's happened lately, wasn't her holding another stone the reason she reverted to a child? Since she had used one before to get to the Garden, it had some rebound effect? That'd be the same thing that'd happen to Hayate if he got another one.
Old 2014-08-04, 12:52   Link #10176
madmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It doesn't entirely surprise me that Athena would prevent Hayate from getting the stone. Unless I'm completely blanking on what's happened lately, wasn't her holding another stone the reason she reverted to a child? Since she had used one before to get to the Garden, it had some rebound effect? That'd be the same thing that'd happen to Hayate if he got another one.
I believe in Athena's case it's because she has actually used/touched the Power of Royalty (For what exactly?) already, whereas Hayate has only opened the path. He could touch the other stone Mikado gave him with no problems, after all.

Then again, IIRC (Doubled Checked, chapter 367) Yozora said that neither Athena or Hayate can open the path again and they need a new candidate. Ruka was ruled out, so that leaves...er, maybe Nagi or Maria. I can't see it being some one else at this point.

Last edited by madmac; 2014-08-04 at 13:24.
Old 2014-08-04, 13:16   Link #10177
GDB

I don't see how it could be Nagi without her thinking Hayate was dead or something.
Old 2014-08-04, 13:34   Link #10178
madmac

Indeed, but that could be arranged. At least Nagi has a button to push, and Maria is well, supposedly important to the plot so I won't rule it out.

Ruka was the obviously mega-depressed character but there's not really anyone else like that in the current cast, and I figure whoever actually opens the path eventually has to be plot-centric somehow.

None of that'll happen anytime soon of course. Hayate still has to get a stone from somebody before anything else can move forward.
Old 2014-08-04, 17:31   Link #10179
MCAL

Wataru has a jewel too and he's been pretty depressed that his business isn't doing well. And I'm certain he and Hisui know each other.

He's the only person I can think about that fits the bill.
Old 2014-08-04, 21:27   Link #10180
madmac

The Wataru angle is certainly plausible...The only hurdle is that it requires Wataru to actually matter or do something ever again. That's asking a lot of him these days.

Seriously though, you could be right.

Tags
comedy, shounen