AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-07-30, 15:03   Link #1
aahhsin

Final Fantasy IV DS

Wow. This game is hard and fun. This is the definite version for me now. I actually have to use all the secondary skills. Cecil's cover, reflect, haste, Yang's focus, etc. This is a much improved version.

Although I'm stuck at the demon wall. (Any tips?)
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 15:44   Link #2
Jaden

Level up, I'd say. I ran into three occasions in the "hard mode" FF4 where I just had to level up to get by.

I don't remember which characters you have when fighting the demon wall, anyway you need to do much damage quickly so here's some tips that might not be too obvious:
Have Rosa berserk your hard hitters. Use black magic instead of summons, it casts faster. You can have Edge throw stuff. It's not worth it to save the throwing weapons to the final fight, because he will do more damage with normal attacks once you get his best weapons.
Use the "wait" battle mode instead of "active", it will stop time when you are browsing through items or spells. (time still doesn't stop in the main menu with attack, magic, etc...so beware)
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 16:20   Link #3
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Jaden has it down perfectly. Stick with that. Have you explored the Sylph Caverns or gone to Feymarch (by going through passage of eidolons) yet? I was at lvl 55~60 and easily beat Leviathan. Yeah, I overlevel a bit....

I'm loving this version as well. I'm hoping for an FFVI remake in the future.
Old 2008-07-30, 16:28   Link #4
Sheep

Is this version pretty much the same as "hard mode"?
Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 17:14   Link #5
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
It's supposedly the hardest version, but I'm not finding it that bad. They did add newgame+ and an augment system to equip your characters with different abilities (ie. dualcast, counter, kick, etc.). Augments do make things a bit easier, although I haven't really used them much aside from putting counter on Cecil.
Old 2008-07-30, 20:47   Link #6
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Consider every other game I'm playing right now to be on hiatus, as FF4 remains one of my favourite games ever. (No duh? It's my handle after all)

Doesn't help that Rosa is played by the only NA seiyuu that I am a big fan of, Karen Strassman, who also did Aigis/Chidori in Persona 3 and Misha (still the moest character I've seen, be it game or anime) in Ar Tonelico.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 22:16   Link #7
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

A random note, the voice actor for Cecile in the Jp. version is also the actor for Straybow in LaL play. I can't help but to find this funny.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote