AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-14, 22:41   Link #81
HayateFanGirl

Translation please?

If someone can, can they translate

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...yate204_15.jpg

please. Much appreciated.
Old 2009-03-10, 10:37   Link #82
delacroix01
Whatever

You should go to the raw discussion thread. I has already post the translation for that a long time ago.
Old 2009-03-11, 01:56   Link #83
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Do the two characters at the end of the Hayate ep. 00 OVA, Sharuna-chan and Fumi-chan, show up later in the story? Their personalities, character designs, etc. make it hard for me to believe they won't show up again.
Old 2009-03-11, 05:15   Link #84
delacroix01
Whatever

They appear at volume 15 of the manga, if I recall correctly. Sharna is from India. Don't worry, they'll surely appear again.
Old 2009-03-23, 17:06   Link #85
prnoct90

How closely does the Hayate anime follow the manga?
Old 2009-03-24, 10:25   Link #86
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
Not really all that much. Maybe half of the episodes at the most? There are a lot of anime only-material and manga stuff cut out...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-03-25, 20:15   Link #87
Kuroyuki
Obscure Unknown

Question about a manga character

Spoiler for manga character?:
Old 2009-03-26, 12:42   Link #88
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroyuki View Post

Volume 9 is the first time she's ever referred to. The end of the third chapter in that volume...Chapter 88 if you go by the series as a whole. As for when she first shows up in person...I have no idea, since it hasn't been translated yet, but it's quite a ways later from what I understand.
Old 2009-03-26, 21:57   Link #89
jedi423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroyuki View Post

Volume 17-18, in The End of the World arc. It's ten chapters that have been scanlated, but you have to look a little harder than usual since they're ahead of where the main scanlations are.
Old 2009-04-08, 00:00   Link #90
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Question: Nagi's last name: "Sanzenin", does it means "3000 years"?

If it's so, does it means her name is: "3000 years old Nagi tree" (as the tree's name, like in Kannagi? ) 0_o

I knows Kanji words may be all different but just curious
Old 2009-04-08, 00:54   Link #91
VRMN
Dangoism

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Question: Nagi's last name: "Sanzenin", does it means "3000 years"?

If it's so, does it means her name is: "3000 years old Nagi tree" (as the tree's name, like in Kannagi? ) 0_o

I knows Kanji words may be all different but just curious
Short answer: no. Long answer:

三千院ナギ is how it's written in kanji (and katakana for her given name -- which is rather common for Hayate, actually...Hinagiku, Maria, Nagi, and Hayate himself all write their given names with katakana characters).

The katakana means nothing more than they didn't care too much about figuring out to get their names in kanji. That or they wanted the principles to have easy to remember/write names. Katakana characters have zero meaning on their own, similar to hiragana characters. They're just sounds.

The "sanzen" part is indeed written in kanji characters as 3000 (三千). The 'in' part, on the other hand, is the same as that in 'Hakuou Gakuin,' which on its own (院) means "academy" or "institute." That said, it's a name. They rarely if ever mean anything insofar as plot.
Old 2009-04-08, 11:25   Link #92
prnoct90

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
As a follow up to this I was wondering if someone could tell me where season 1 of the anime begins to deviate from the manga so I can stop there and then start season 2.
Old 2009-04-08, 13:34   Link #93
VRMN
Dangoism

Ah, that's rather difficult. The problem is that the first season doesn't just deviate from the plot, it changes the order of events significantly.

For example, the last thing that happens before episode one of the second season in the manga is a trip on Sakuya's boat and this will more than likely be referred back to in the second episode (as it was in the corresponding chapters to those events). This is chapter 51 and 52 of the manga. It's episode 43 in the first season.

The first season has a lot of anime original material, but they more often moved to create their own timeline of existing events. Hinagiku doesn't show up in the manga until chapter 35 of the manga. She shows up in episode 4 of the first season in pretty much exactly the same way as she shows up in the manga with some slight modifications to the manga's rather abrupt ending.

So, honestly, you really have to read the manga to get everything. That said, the last major event to occur before the second season jumps in is episode 16 of the first season. Though, again, one really important event (that occurred earlier in the manga than those events) is in episodes 24 and 25...really you should probably read the manga through chapter 52 (this is near the end of Volume 5).

Personally, I find the first season worthwhile just on its comedic merits, but the plot of the second season expects that you've read the manga up until that point, even if you have seen season one. It should also be noted that it's unlikely that the second season will redo any events that the first season did on its own, even if it was really out of order. A lot of side stories were done in the first season that will probably not be repeated here, even though they chronologically happened after where the second season jumps in.

Last edited by VRMN; 2009-04-08 at 13:47. Reason: Clarifications
Old 2009-04-17, 20:17   Link #94
Fandal

Did the manga ever say why Hina is afraid of heights?
Old 2009-04-17, 22:48   Link #95
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Eh, who's the seiyuu for the priest in the 3rd episode of 2nd Season ? The one who died.

Old 2009-04-18, 03:54   Link #96
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Eh, who's the seiyuu for the priest in the 3rd episode of 2nd Season ? The one who died.
If my ears weren't mistaken, it's Suwabe Junichi.

Image surun da.
Old 2009-04-18, 06:09   Link #97
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

But for some reasons he reminds me of Lockon
. . . . something is really wrong in here. .

Old 2009-05-04, 23:30   Link #98
SimplyBill
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
Did the manga ever say why Hina is afraid of heights?
No, not yet. I think she was born with that fear. I hate heights with no cause whatsoever as well.
Old 2009-05-08, 15:45   Link #99
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

People are naturally born with a fear of heights [or was it a fear of falling...?] anyway, so that's probably the case.
Unless the author creates some dramatic yet-to-be-seen event regarding that.
Old 2009-05-17, 22:40   Link #100
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Hey, does anyone know what "aburakusasu" is supposed to mean in chapter 216, page 14?

Here's the page I'm talking about:

Spoiler for Chapter 216:

I want to say "Abraxis" but I have no idea if that's right or not. That and wiki/google doesn't bring up anything for Abraxis that is relevant to this whole mythos dealie here.

And while I'm asking about katakana words, would anyone also mind telling me what "kunossosu" is supposed to be in chapter 216, page 3?

Spoiler for Chapter 216:

No idea on this one. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by qwertyman; 2009-05-17 at 22:56.
Closed Thread