AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Characters Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Lelouch Lamperouge / Zero 971 67.43%
Suzaku Kururugi 230 15.97%
C.C. 835 57.99%
Karen Stadtfeld 550 38.19%
Nunally Lamperouge 167 11.60%
Shirley Fenete 215 14.93%
Milly Ashford 175 12.15%
Rivalz Cardemonde 44 3.06%
Nina Einstein 26 1.81%
Lloyd Asplund 216 15.00%
Cecile Croomy 108 7.50%
Cornelia Li Brittania 195 13.54%
Euphemia Li Brittania 216 15.00%
Jeremiah Gottwald 125 8.68%
Viletta Nui 104 7.22%
Diethard Lied 75 5.21%
Shinichirou Tamaki 22 1.53%
Sayoko 74 5.14%
Kyoushirou Toudou 62 4.31%
Clovis La Britannia 38 2.64%
The Emperor 54 3.75%
Authur (the cat) 165 11.46%
Kaname Ougi 41 2.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1440. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-05-20, 01:25   Link #801
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
This is the OLD Favorite Character Topic. Well before the R2 Poll was set up. Notice how Jeremiah has so few votes before he became a Lelouch fanboy for example. XD
What? Oh, for the love of...
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 01:43   Link #802
azul120

People LOVED good ol' Orange. Which is why he was brought back from the dead. Long before he (re-)dedicated himself to Lelouch.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 01:47   Link #803
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
People LOVED good ol' Orange. Which is why he was brought back from the dead. Long before he (re-)dedicated himself to Lelouch.
And became boring~
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 01:47   Link #804
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
You are right... he was liked a lot... in Japan... You weren't here early on when people hated his guts on these boards. XD

I think I was the only one to actually come out and say I liked Jeremiah more in S1 than R2. His personality was interesting, especially after he got Framed as Orange. And he had that awesome kickass moment in the last Episode of S1 where he totally freaked out (his shining moment of awesome IMO.)
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 02:42   Link #805
azul120

I liked him in R2.

First, his cool moment of menace when he suddenly appeared at the end of R2 12 with his Geass Canceller, though that was also the beginning of the end of our poor, beloved Shirley.

Then of course he deliciously hammed it up in full "loyalty" mode, leading up to his awesome kamikaze attack on Anya in the final episode, and of course him tending to the orange garden at the very end.

He may have become somewhat one track minded two-dimensional in R2, which frankly was to be expected after all of the cybernetic implants he endured, but at least he was entertaining to the very end.
Old 2009-05-20, 02:52   Link #806
Nobodyman9
Banned

Just watch the video RD just posted in the Music Video thread.

For me, R2 just made Jeremiah. He was infinitely more awesome as Lelouch's loyal soldier than he ever was fighting for Britannia.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 02:53   Link #807
LelouchZer0

I was shocked when I saw him at the end of episode 12 of R2. I kinda thought they had implanted another type of Geass on Jeremiah, but to my shock, it was a Geass canceler that we should be afraid of.

Honestly, I just finished that episode...
LelouchZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 13:35   Link #808
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

- Lelouch (of course)
- C.C (obviously)
- Karen (badass)
- Damn i mix up Nina and Milly !! So its Milly instead ! (Great)
- Cornelia (awesome)
- Villeta (hot)
- Shirley (cute)
- Sayoko (ninja)
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 10:59   Link #809
iBeast

No love for Schenziel?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 20:37   Link #810
GundamFan0083

Cornelia
CC
Lelouche

In that order.
I like Cornelia because she seemed like one of the most brutally honest characters, even though she was ruthless at times.

CC-my second choice because I felt sorry for what the nun did to her. She's the tragic character of the series (even in R1) she seems kinda tragic (the whole thing with Mao).

Lelouche-the Char Aznable of the show. He wants revenge and is a character bent on getting it no matter what. I loved to cheer for him in R1 and hate him at the end of R2.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 21:20   Link #811
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Cornelia
CC
Lelouche

In that order.
I like Cornelia because she seemed like one of the most brutally honest characters, even though she was ruthless at times.

Lelouche-the Char Aznable of the show. He wants revenge and is a character bent on getting it no matter what. I loved to cheer for him in R1 and hate him at the end of R2.
You're kidding, right? Cornelia wasn't any less ruthless than Lelouch was at the end of R2. And in the latter case he had the excuse of becoming the Necessary Evil and did it all in a way to end his life as part of his atonement for whatever he did wrong, whereas Cornelia did it simply for the lulz, and never atoned for it.
Old 2009-05-26, 22:08   Link #812
GundamFan0083

Yes, but Lelouche wasn't a hotie with major bewbage.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 22:56   Link #813
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Yes, but Lelouche wasn't a hotie with major bewbage.
Lol. You should have just said so if that's how you felt.
Old 2009-05-27, 22:23   Link #814
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:
You're kidding, right? Cornelia wasn't any less ruthless than Lelouch was at the end of R2. And in the latter case he had the excuse of becoming the Necessary Evil and did it all in a way to end his life as part of his atonement for whatever he did wrong, whereas Cornelia did it simply for the lulz, and never atoned for it.
Not true. Cornelia did it to accomplish what she believed to be needed in order to fix the world. She truly believed that Numbers were beneath Britannia and that Britannia had every right to rule the world with an iron fist. Misguided or not, she did everything she did according to her beliefs.

Though I'd say that by the end she no longer followed those beliefs. Euphemia's death shook her up pretty bad... and when Lelouch took control in the way she thought that Britannia should take control, I think she began to see the error of her ways...
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 01:59   Link #815
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
Not true. Cornelia did it to accomplish what she believed to be needed in order to fix the world. She truly believed that Numbers were beneath Britannia and that Britannia had every right to rule the world with an iron fist. Misguided or not, she did everything she did according to her beliefs.

Though I'd say that by the end she no longer followed those beliefs. Euphemia's death shook her up pretty bad... and when Lelouch took control in the way she thought that Britannia should take control, I think she began to see the error of her ways...
While she believed it made functional sense, she seemed to enjoy her job quite a bit, and couldn't resist a derogatory insult against Numbers. And throughout R2, she never seemed to display any feelings of remorse for her acts. Either she forgot, or they were obscured in the R2 storyline.

And she had a history of doing some terrible things and being incredibly merciless in her methods, like massacring an Area 11 ghetto to draw out Zero early in S1, and would have likely had the hotel leveled in the JLF hostage incident if Euphemia hadn't been one of those hostages.

In short, in real life, she'd likely be tried as a war criminal.
Old 2009-05-28, 14:50   Link #816
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

I don't care if Cornelia isn't called the Witch of Britannia for nothing - I like her.
Not as much as Clovis, Lelouch or Suzaku, of course, and I also prefer Lloyd and C.C., but... she's awesome enough.
Anyway... *hugs Clovis since he just doesn't get enough love*
Old 2009-05-28, 15:53   Link #817
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Yeah, but if we're talking real life, Lelouch's plan would make no sense and would in fact be quite unforgiveable (committing mass murder in order to focus hatred on oneself and atone through assisted suicide? Really?), so... yeah. I think in this anime the characters deserve quite a bit more leeway than would ordinarily be given in real life. :/

When you think about it, what Lelouch did wasn't really much more different than what the Britannians did. We can say that Lelouch felt remorse (sometimes. He didn't seem to care much about the Geass Order massacre, and he laughed about Narita before learning Shirley's father was caught up in it --- he wavers between caring and not caring) and was doing it for the greater good, etc, etc, but the bottom line is that he killed innocent people, and continued to kill people mostly to calm his own guilt by making the lives already taken not in vain. It makes sense, in an ideological way, but it's still killing people.

He killed for his reasons, and the Britannians killed for theirs. Lelouch's makes more sense to us because his reasons and mindset are clearly given to us in a sympathetic light, while Britannia was mostly portrayed as the villains.

I would say that what Cornelia was doing was not right, but it was what she had been taught from birth. You can argue that Euphie didn't turn out that way, even though she grew up as a Britannian too, but even she took some time to fully get over the values that had been instilled in her since childhood (I don't remember what episode, but in one scene she thinks about "We risk our lives in battle and conquest, so we deserve to rule. I know that, but..."). It's easier for her because she's always had a gentler and kinder disposition, and she was sheltered most of her life by her family and never fought or commanded battles.

And Cornelia does change her ways, you can see it even in the later eps of season one when she at last accepts Suzaku as her sister's knight. And in later R2 eps, when she tells Villetta to follow her heart and basically stops caring about class and race. We don't see much regret from her, true, but that's not really in her character. She's not the repenting kind.

Basically, Cornelia is neither worse or better than most of the other characters, I'd say. She lived according to a different belief and value system, and she certainly enjoyed battle. She had a certain disregard for human life that was prevalent in almost all the royal siblings that were given focus (excluding Nunnally and Euphie --- though, Nunnally didn't seem to have much of a problem nuking people...), but she was brought up to believe that Numbers and commoners were beneath her and expendable. She was pretty cold-hearted, but that was part of what made her such a good commander. And, as mentioned, she began to change her mind about Numbers and rank, etc, near the end.
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 17:09   Link #818
azul120

Yeah.

That said, I thought Lelouch ultimately did more for the sake of atonement for what he did. And this was in spite of the fact that his actions, while they did have selfish motives, were also rooted in a belief that the Britannian system had to be uprooted due to corruption that he had experienced first hand. He relinquished his line in succession to the throne when his father told him that infighting for the throne was the norm as an excuse when answering his question about why his mother was not protected from being assassinated. Whatever his justifications for his savagery, noble and selfish alike, he answered for them through the Zero Requiem, practically using himself as an enema to make the world tire of hatred and conflict, and relinquishing his life in the end. Cornelia, in spite of her bits of development, never really did seem to display any remorse for her pre-R2 savagery. It's as if all of that was swept under the rug in the second season.
Old 2009-07-21, 20:29   Link #819
Code_Geass101
Crazy Chick

-Lelouch

everyone else I don't care about.

Last edited by Code_Geass101; 2009-07-29 at 20:49.
Code_Geass101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 23:46   Link #820
FadedSunrise

When I finished the series, I originally wanted to equally give the top spot to the protag and antag, Lelouch and Suzaku. Although its kinda Lelouch's story, and although there is no such thing as "black and white" in the Code Geass universe, I can't help but feel that the common "White Knight(Suzu) and Black King(Lulu)" metaphor makes so much sense. This is going to sound very pro-yaoi, but its like the whole ying and yin thing, and that they're each other's other half in so many ways, as far as qualities, motivations, actions, etc.

But if I had to put an order, it would be
1. Suzaku
2. Lelouch
3. Cornelia(just because she's the toughest, most kickass female character I've seen so far, that genuinely beats quite a few men into submission).

And I only put Suzu before Lulu because Lulu has enough fans in his camp already ^^

The only character I ever had an issue with was Nina. Honestly, the way she kept screeching "EUPHEMIA-SAMA I NEED YOU" was grating on my last nerve. But I won't say I hate her. She had too little screentime.
FadedSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters, favorite