Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-26, 22:47   Link #21
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Squardo/Squado is now favorite character! Stab WB again if you can! It's about time he took some damage.
Sometimes I think you and I are one in the same. Great minds think alike .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Whitebeard is a quake man right? How can one stab a quake? Unless its a seastone?
No body yet answer my question on if his a logia or paracmeia. And does he even have a solid body? or elemental like the logia?
We'll find out in the next chapter for sure if he is a logia or a paramecia. Squardo should be aware of what kind of devil fruit user Whitebeard is. If Whitebeard is a logia, Squardo should know that it would be pointless to hit him with physical attacks since they just pass right through.

So, there's two possibilities here:

1) Whitebeard is a paramecia and therefore is vulnerable to all types of physical attacks, which would explain why Squardo took the opportunity to impale him with his sword.

2) Squardo imbued his sword with Haki when he stabbed Whitebeard, assuming Whitebeard is a logia.

Either scenario works.
Old 2009-10-27, 00:49   Link #22
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Can't see a single stab wound doing any major damage to WB
Old 2009-10-27, 02:01   Link #23
tsunade666

Well that's for sure. And I can't see it clearly but I think his stab from the front right?
I wonder how did it happen. For him to slip up in front of white beard or it just show how
trustful white beard is to his comrades.
Old 2009-10-27, 02:12   Link #24
Talendra

i still expect WB to pull a Itachi! Just because of this very point... Squardo shouldn't be able to get this close without getting any attention (or he better have some serious badass ability/df ) WB has proven himself to be a rather observant and smart Leader so far, who expects the WG to play dirty and accepts their plans as dangerous. He also had info that Squardo was mia ... this just seems... wrong.
Old 2009-10-27, 03:47   Link #25
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

I remember in the past ACE has been doing what Squado action(stabbing/punching/try to kill WB) and non of them success... even when WB at his sleep...

ODA gotta have some excuse here...
Old 2009-10-27, 04:10   Link #26
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I remember in the past ACE has been doing what Squado action(stabbing/punching/try to kill WB) and non of them success... even when WB at his sleep...

ODA gotta have some excuse here...
Not really. Whitebeard obviously greatly trusted Squardo, enough so that he wanted the new world captain to lead all of the non-Whitebeard forces. So, if trust is how Squardo gets the blow, then trust is a more than sufficient answer.
Old 2009-10-27, 05:50   Link #27
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Nja's spoilers at the usual place. Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Not really. Whitebeard obviously greatly trusted Squardo, enough so that he wanted the new world captain to lead all of the non-Whitebeard forces. So, if trust is how Squardo gets the blow, then trust is a more than sufficient answer.
Yes, Whitebeard trusted Squad. Nja's script confirms it.
Squad totally caught WB off guard, WB was actually about to give him a new order when he came up and betrayed him.

Et, tu, Bru...
Old 2009-10-27, 06:33   Link #28
andy

Well the first page is full of stuff that not right lolol.
Any way great stuff , WB was caught off guard ,damn next chapter i hope he about to do some crazy stuff.
Old 2009-10-27, 09:35   Link #29
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Maybe Ivankov could heal the old man, or maybe the nurses or perhaps somehow, Marco??? Although i doubt he can use his powers in that way.

But still awesome chapter, WB alliance are in huge trouble. They need something to change the course of this battle and fast..Maybe Shanks or Dragon.
Old 2009-10-27, 11:02   Link #30
Rurik
Golden

That wound is not mortal, it would just put him out of it for a good amount of time.
Old 2009-10-27, 11:31   Link #31
tsunade666

I can't even see it as lethal. I mean his WB the strongest known pirate yet. A little wound wouldn't slow him down.
Old 2009-10-27, 11:58   Link #32
Talendra

Well, there is a lot of potential healing available... we stil know so little of WB commanders abilities yet, not mentioned Oda could pull some healing-class NW captian out of nowhere whenever he feels like it. This war is just getting bigger and bigger, no way it's going to end with WB being backstabbed and in the wake of this shock his forces slaughtered.

Its merely a cliffhanger that will raise the battle up to the next level... a damn good cliffhanger, i've got to admit
Stil, im sure this hit is not going to be a deciding point, at least not in a direct way.
Old 2009-10-27, 13:39   Link #33
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
That wound is not mortal, it would just put him out of it for a good amount of time.
Unless the attack was targeting a vital point for Whitebeard, who was already ill before the start of this war. If it was a calculated attack, that is a possibility.

I am wondering if this attack was intended to draw the attention towards Whitebeard, and create a scenario where many among the people he brought in would stop fighting WG and instead try to finish Whitebeard instead. Also, if the leader falls, it may have a huge impact on the rest. Some may decide to leave the scene to save themselves. That may not be possible among his ranks, but the other ones that came to help him, those are the ones with unknown motives.
Old 2009-10-27, 13:58   Link #34
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Unless the attack was targeting a vital point for Whitebeard, who was already ill before the start of this war. If it was a calculated attack, that is a possibility.
The problem here is more of pessismism, I will not believe it until he actually has a grave with his name, and even like that I would suspect. Oda has yet to actually Kill a character, and instead leaving them as if they were dead (Such as the Zoan user form Arabasta, or some people from Skipia).

So, I will believe that WB is going to die when he is actually been dig into his grave.
Old 2009-10-27, 14:15   Link #35
controlen

I believe it is a little early to draw conclusion regarding the result of the battle. If the stab really draws people to finish whitebeard off, it will give the commanders enough time to back Whitebeard up. I dont think any forces could be that fast or strong enough to immediately take advantage of the stabbing.

The possibility of the sword being poisoned is just way too cheap.

I have lots of doubts about the stabbing by looking at the pics. Whitebeard almost showed no surprise or emotions. Eventhough people said Whitebeard trusted Squado, it is a little hard to convince that he did not have a second to react to Squado's action. I remember when Ace just got on Whitebeard's ship and attempted to attack him in his sleep. He could sense it while he breathed. And that was on his ship, who could be more assured that it's safe in your own ship? Yet, he was very cautious. In this case, it's is the middle of war. He would have to be cautious at all time, to any kinds of attack. I guess the answer will not be in this chapter. Next chapter maybe.

It could be a wild assumption that whitebeard is using himself to draw attention after he patiently lured out the PX Army. As someone mentioned, we dont know if there could be someone capable of healing on his side. Self-sacrifice is a possibility. I did not assume that he called Squado to give me an order to lead the NW captans, maybe he just wanted to know if Squado proceeded with the self-scarifice plan. I know this theory lacks support, but I just want to throw it out there. Besides, I remember Whitebeard ordering the captains to move left and right. Isn't that to open a direct path to him from the center of the war. If the commanders are staying close by his side, it could be a great tactic to draw attention to him while he has back up and give the NW captains a chance to rescue Ace.

Last edited by controlen; 2009-10-27 at 14:26.
Old 2009-10-27, 14:46   Link #36
PrototypeX2

I cant see the face clearly in that little picture but looks like Whitebeard suffering.Good thing he is not Logia! and I was thinking here that if he can create a quake on air, maybe he can vibrate through things.

And for gods sake dont let Marco heal him.I dont think any mythological Phoenix is able to heal people around.Guessing he tried attacking Kizaru with it, he will probably burn the old man.
Old 2009-10-27, 16:46   Link #37
james0246

I'm not sure why anyone would think it is implausible for Sukuado to have actually been able to stab Whitebeard. Trust is a big thing in this series, and Whitebeard's very obvious support of Sukuado implies a great deal of trust, almost family level trust. Added to that, this twist is quite interesting, and represents the first major blow in this war.

That being said, I really like how Luffy is almost just wandering around the battlefield now, running from one strong opponent after another, just trying to make it to his brother. Luffy's inability to actually fight, while desperatly trying to get to Ace within a specific time limit, greatly adds to the depth and impact of this war.
Old 2009-10-27, 17:21   Link #38
metharan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 View Post
And for gods sake dont let Marco heal him.I dont think any mythological Phoenix is able to heal people around.Guessing he tried attacking Kizaru with it, he will probably burn the old man.
Phoenix tears?
Old 2009-10-27, 17:40   Link #39
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I had a feeling Squado was gonna be siding with the government when he wasn't anywhere to be found~
Old 2009-10-27, 18:21   Link #40
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm not sure why anyone would think it is implausible for Sukuado to have actually been able to stab Whitebeard. Trust is a big thing in this series, and Whitebeard's very obvious support of Sukuado implies a great deal of trust, almost family level trust. Added to that, this twist is quite interesting, and represents the first major blow in this war.

That being said, I really like how Luffy is almost just wandering around the battlefield now, running from one strong opponent after another, just trying to make it to his brother. Luffy's inability to actually fight, while desperatly trying to get to Ace within a specific time limit, greatly adds to the depth and impact of this war.

Luffy would right back at start if it was not for jinbei. Now it's him and jinbei with 5 other commanders .

What i found interesting is mihawk telling vista to call off there dual with PX army coming there way .
If i was warlord i would see the signs that they won't be need after few more years.
Closed Thread