AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-25, 09:26   Link #61
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I haven't read the manga, but I heard that the criticism against the story of the manga is how slow the relationship proceeded during the Idol Arc, in which "nothing happens for 20 chapters".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I didn't mind the "idol arc" to be honest ... but this is, of course, to be an anime adaptation. What's to say that if they decide to use this particular arc that they don't shorten it or present it in a different way that is highly effective?
I thought it was un-f*kn-bearable actually, especially considering it was a monthly manga . Still, I think the premise of the series is interesting and different enough to watch, even if it gets to that point.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 10:06   Link #62
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
seinen series just like Maken-ki, K-On, Lucky Star, etc were before they got anime-adapted.
DJmaca is saying that Maken-Ki! and Lucky Star (if not more maybe ?) were described as shounen series while K-ON!, just like Mysterious Girlfriend X, is seinen.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 10:20   Link #63
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Listening to naysayers is a bad habit. Read and judge for yourself.
Actually, listening to naysayers can be useful.
I once put Kimi no Iru Machi on hold since I have no time to read it, but after seeing the reactions to the characters' distasteful actions, I was relieved not to find myself in the same rage as those who hoped for a less ragetastic read. I dropped Kimi no RAGE Machi like it's hot. I hope Velvet Kiss doesn't go that path, tho.

Judging from frubam's reactions, though, it seems that it really is a disservice to wait for twenty months only to find out that "nothing happens".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 10:35   Link #64
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

At this point in time and in the mange, the biggest make or break for me in the adaptation is who will voice Urabe, because voicing her is itself going to be a challenge.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 11:11   Link #65
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

hmm now this bit HUH WHAT big are you serious bro is that liking of drool?

really REAlly REALLY drool liking you got to be kidding me?!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 13:42   Link #66
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Official website opened. It's owned by StarChild.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-01-25, 15:45   Link #67
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
I once put Kimi no Iru Machi on hold since I have no time to read it, but after seeing the reactions to the characters' distasteful actions, I was relieved not to find myself in the same rage as those who hoped for a less ragetastic read. I dropped Kimi no RAGE Machi like it's hot. I hope Velvet Kiss doesn't go that path, tho.

Judging from frubam's reactions, though, it seems that it really is a disservice to wait for twenty months only to find out that "nothing happens".
There is nothing wrong with listening to other people's opinions before trying something out, of course!

But yes - there were a fair number of readers who did not enjoy the idol arc. But it was not enough for many of them to put the manga down - though some did, of course.

Again though, this is an anime and thus the medium change will allow for different things. What comes across as slow in the manga due to the monthly releases could come across as super fast in the anime format!

Or of course the whole thing could be a colossal failure.

But for now I am giving it the BOTD and very much looking forward to the adaptation attempt, as for me what I felt the enjoyable parts of the manga far outweigh what I thought were the unenjoyable parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
At this point in time and in the mange, the biggest make or break for me in the adaptation is who will voice Urabe, because voicing her is itself going to be a challenge.
Agreed ... I still think Hanazawa Kana could do a good job (she was the first to spring to mind)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Official website opened. It's owned by StarChild.
Hmm ... only small amounts of info atm, but something is better than nothing I guess.
Old 2012-01-26, 03:22   Link #68
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:

But then, do you pattern your opinion to the public's? I still say you should test it yourself. The only way not to miss a good story is to listen to it.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 04:02   Link #69
Misdreavius

Quote:
For some reason, MAL has some of the voice actors listed already, and it says Omigawa Chiaki will voice Urabe, but I have no idea where they got that information from as I can't find a source.

Anyhow, I don't mind her voicing Urabe anyway as I'm one of the few who actually likes her voice.
Misdreavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 04:22   Link #70
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdreavius View Post
For some reason, MAL has some of the voice actors listed already, and it says Omigawa Chiaki will voice Urabe, but I have no idea where they got that information from as I can't find a source.

Anyhow, I don't mind her voicing Urabe anyway as I'm one of the few who actually likes her voice.

So ... the VA of Minko from Hanasaku Iroha might be voicing Urabe, eh?

Hmm ... I am having I hard time imagining the combination, but if it is so maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.
Old 2012-01-26, 07:42   Link #71
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
But yes - there were a fair number of readers who did not enjoy the idol arc. But it was not enough for many of them to put the manga down - though some did, of course.

Again though, this is an anime and thus the medium change will allow for different things. What comes across as slow in the manga due to the monthly releases could come across as super fast in the anime format!
Well, to further clarify, it wasn't so much as the events of the idol arc that displeased me as the [real] time it took to finish. I liked the situation the main chars were in, esp the cliffhangers =03. I am still reading the manga, since I liked the characters enough to carry on with it. I agree with you that in anime form, it would take far less [weekly] episodes than [monthly] manga chapters, so it might be just as enjoyable as the rest of the series, possibly better, if we can actually see some idolm@ster dancing =03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 07:54   Link #72
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Between the chara design and the coloring it comes off looking a bit retro to me,I like it.

Old 2012-01-26, 08:07   Link #73
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Well, to further clarify, it wasn't so much as the events of the idol arc that displeased me as the [real] time it took to finish. I liked the situation the main chars were in, esp the cliffhangers =03. I am still reading the manga, since I liked the characters enough to carry on with it.

I agree with you that in anime form, it would take far less [weekly] episodes than [monthly] manga chapters, so it might be just as enjoyable as the rest of the series, possibly better, if we can actually see some idolm@ster dancing =03.

All of the sudden I see a spin-off ps3 iM@S game released centering around Urabe! Hmm ... then an OVA of Urabe meeting Studio 765 girls?

Gah!

Anyway - back on topic somewhat....

Here's the link to the MAL page in question that Misdreavious mentiond: http://myanimelist.net/anime/12467/Nazo_no_Kanojo_X

And it lists Okamoto Nobuhiko (i.e. Accelerator from the Index stories) as the voice for Tsubaki....

Well ... I guess I can imagine that a little more. He did voice Takumi from Mayoi Neko Overrun too iirc....

Also says there that it is slated to begin in April. Hrm....
Old 2012-01-26, 08:13   Link #74
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I... damn I can't picture Urabe with Omigawa's high pitch voice. I was thinking of a voice somewhere lower...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 08:20   Link #75
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
I... damn I can't picture Urabe with Omigawa's high pitch voice. I was thinking of a voice somewhere lower...
I have a vague recollection of it being said that Urabe had a low, husky voice, but I could have somehow just imagined her as having one like that. Umm ... can anyone who knows the manga better confirm or correct this?

Now I have the image of Urabe walking up to Tsubaki, of Tsubaki asking her something and Urabe saying "shinei" in a deadpan voice.
Old 2012-01-26, 08:35   Link #76
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
So much hate for Chiaki Omigawa. It's like if fans hate Ali Project a lot.

If Urabe can't be voiced by Omigawa, let's go with Miyuki Sawashiro, Aoi Yuki or Minori Chihara (Kaoru Mizuhara at some point!) !
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-01-26, 08:41   Link #77
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I can't find anything on the official website,I'll bet it's just someone messing around on MAL.
Old 2012-01-26, 13:59   Link #78
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
So much hate for Chiaki Omigawa. It's like if fans hate Ali Project a lot.

If Urabe can't be voiced by Omigawa, let's go with Miyuki Sawashiro, Aoi Yuki or Minori Chihara (Kaoru Mizuhara at some point!) !
No - not hate, moreso a difficulty to see the combination of the VA and the role she was assigned.

If she is able to pull it off, great.

It reminds me of the first time I heard that Mel Gibson was going to play Hamlet - all I knew of his work was Mad Max, and couldn't see the combination. But after seeing the movie I thought he pulled it off pretty well.
Old 2012-01-26, 20:03   Link #79
NaweG
Just some guy

For those of you looking for "more" from this series, may I direct you to this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiGlA...8eAUAAAAAAAJAA
Old 2012-01-26, 22:36   Link #80
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:

So ... the VA of Minko from Hanasaku Iroha might be voicing Urabe, eh?

Hmm ... I am having I hard time imagining the combination, but if it is so maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.
AHEM. That's the voice actor of Arashiyama from Soredemo, if you please.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen