Old 2012-06-05, 00:05   Link #301
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post

( ゚ Д゚) OMG.!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post

Not sure why the Marine has a fabric based ballistic vest when he's probably gonna get shot at with people with plasma guns :P

remember that ship was made for peace, and exploring not for war. I'm guessing its not equip with the typical UNSC battery used in war, but regardless up to date in tec!
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 00:18   Link #302
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
remember that ship was made for peace, and exploring not for war. I'm guessing its not equip with the typical UNSC battery used in war, but regardless up to date in tec!
I find it weird that for a ship made for peace it's carrying an entire battalion of UNSC soldiers including armored tanks and their newest super soldiers......

On that matter it goes against Glasslands plot as the galaxy is hardly a safer place with the defeat of the covenant and the flood.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 00:53   Link #303
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

An ancient evil awakens.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 01:12   Link #304
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I find it weird that for a ship made for peace it's carrying an entire battalion of UNSC soldiers including armored tanks and their newest super soldiers......

On that matter it goes against Glasslands plot as the galaxy is hardly a safer place with the defeat of the covenant and the flood.
Last I checked, the Infinity was a ship created to test Forerunner technology integrated into human technology. Nowhere was it said that it was a ship made for peace. I seriously doubt it's going to be a ship like the Peacemillion.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:01   Link #305
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

I have the weirdest boner right now...
Old 2012-06-05, 03:35   Link #306
orangejuicetang

Why are there covenant enemies in this game?

Or are those some sort of illusions?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 05:49   Link #307
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Nowhere was it said that it was a ship made for peace. I seriously doubt it's going to be a ship like the Peacemillion.

It says so in the trailer....

Anyway I imagine given the nature of space exploration having a contingent of marines is standard procedure since it would be a reasonable assumption that not every race you encounter in the galaxy is going to like you.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 08:41   Link #308
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Considering that they KNOW there are lots of scary things out there now, they're probably coming loaded for bear, even on an exploration mission.

Hell, perhaps it's a contingency incase they run into any surviving prophets trying to rally brute holdouts. Just bring enough firepower to wipe em out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Why are there covenant enemies in this game?
Cause as potentially interesting as the new enemies might be, campaign gameplay in Halo has always revolved around the dynamic of fighting Elites, Grunts and Jackals.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 09:06   Link #309
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Well,considering humanity almost got wiped out by the covenant/the flood/whatever the hell in the universe,even the remaining population is important.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 09:47   Link #310
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Well,considering humanity almost got wiped out by the covenant/the flood/whatever the hell in the universe,even the remaining population is important.
Given all the new technology that went into the Infinity, it might still be the fastest heavy lift Starship the UNSC has. So even if it's going on missions of exploration, you probably want it to be able to move around heavy gear and troops on a moments notice to trouble spots.

Earth can't really afford to lose colonies anymore.
Old 2012-06-05, 12:46   Link #311
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Well of course the Infinity would have some sort of fire-power, its a re-commission starship from the previous war, and was the biggest UNSC capital ship out there. Once it was recommissioned most of the technology on the ship went into slipspace navigation, instead of filling the ship with nukes, and other heavy war fire-power, its more into excavation and research, (those heavy things that kind a look like a replacement to the elephants from halo 3), not intended to pick a fight with anything and like said before if your on exploration mission best bring something to defend yourself with. Its way different then taking the UNSC Halcyon-class Cruiser (SCS Pillar of Autumn) the strongest UNSC ship into space excavation, that thing was build from the ground up to be a military vessel, unlike the Infinty which was a research based vassel. If anything we should expect some cool toys from that ship
Old 2012-06-05, 13:08   Link #312
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'm pretty sure the Infinity was originally designed as a warship. It just happened to suit the profile for doing other things.
Old 2012-06-05, 13:15   Link #313
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

well the UNSC Infinity was technology demonstrator, recovered all types of technology, but I don't know what kind weaponry the Infinity has being a re-imaged peacetime vessel,
Old 2012-06-05, 14:11   Link #314
Destined_Fate

So... Cortana is going to lose it again. Wonder why they're making her even more humanoid, are they still pushing the strange romance she has going on with Master Chief?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 15:22   Link #315
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
well the UNSC Infinity was technology demonstrator, recovered all types of technology, but I don't know what kind weaponry the Infinity has being a re-imaged peacetime vessel,
The infinity is 3+ kilometers long. the ship is positively gigantic. It's less a ship and more of a floating city. You could put an army of scientists, colonists and excavation guys on it and still load it up with enough armaments to level modern day earth.
Old 2012-06-05, 16:06   Link #316
Alchemist007
*Author

I believe the alien forces aren't covenant but pirates. The grunt said demon so I don't know why they would openly engage in combat with him if they know who he is and what he does...and if they don't have to.
Old 2012-06-06, 05:45   Link #317
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I believe the alien forces aren't covenant but pirates. The grunt said demon so I don't know why they would openly engage in combat with him if they know who he is and what he does...and if they don't have to.
Or perhaps is a small Covenant Fleet from Halo 2 that was send to investegate Requiem. So perhaps they did not had contact with the main force (perhaps because of the flood or something else). Thats what i guess, that they dont know about their defeat and that the Elites formed a truce.

Or they are the Covenant that rebelled on the novel Glasslands.

About the ship, i think they just put the military + Spartan IV just for defense (also covert operations perhaps). You never know who you're dealing with. Its also very stupid if you go traveling unarmed.

Last edited by DaRk HuNt3r F4n; 2012-06-07 at 10:49. Reason: Some typo's
DaRk HuNt3r F4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 11:02   Link #318
com_gwp

Wow, have to say, I'm liking the art direction in Halo 4. It honestly looks really really good. Maybe 343 is the breath of fresh air the series really needed after all.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 14:17   Link #319
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 15:58   Link #320
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I just noticed that the magnetic mine CAN latch onto anything, and basically be used as a remote detonation bomb.

This officially makes the thing ludicrously useful and I want it NOW.

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117