Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-07, 08:00   Link #8961
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I have noticed a lot more fires happening lately, though I have no idea if anything was changed or if I just learned how to actually aim. Managed to set 2 StuGs on fire in the same match over the course of 30 seconds yesterday. Almost surprised that didn't get me accused of hacking, though with the match being an utter blowout and my "whopping" 4 kills being more than the rest of my team had combined, I doubt anyone on the other team cared.
StuGs are easy to set on fire. All you need to do is fire on the lower flat part of the hull.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 08:09   Link #8962
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

German tanks in general are easier to be set on fire, since the transmision is located in the front of the tank (the lower plate). Is the same like russians and chinese are more prone to being easily ammoracked, since their ammoracks are in every part of the tank (just to say from the T-44 onwards and chinese from tier 6 onwards have the ammorack in the left side on the front)
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 08:47   Link #8963
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
StuGs are easy to set on fire. All you need to do is fire on the lower flat part of the hull.
Figured as much. I doubt something like factual information would stop very stupid people from calling hacks if they really wanted to though. Have certainly seen it happen many times already.

...Thinking about how I was rarely using sniper mode to actually aim at specific spots besides "side" or "back" even as recently as a month ago makes me shudder. I think after watching enough of Jingles' videos I have finally graduated from Extremely Terrible to just Really Terrible. Sad it took this long though.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 09:35   Link #8964
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Module damage is calculated server side so you wouldn't need to worry about that.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 09:57   Link #8965
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Module damage is calculated server side so you wouldn't need to worry about that.
Ah, sorry, I wasn't trying to imply I was worried about being reported, was just saying "people are stupid" in a very roundabout way (i.e. making up any excuse including ones which aren't even possible just to avoid admitting they were killed legitimately). Intent like that is hard to convey through text I guess.

My favorite moment was when someone reported me for hacking after killing him as an arty when he was sitting out in the open.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 10:16   Link #8966
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

If you guys have not tried the Cruiser MK.II, you should.

That tank, with gold shells, can destroy a KV-1 with 2 hits. Sometimes 1, in the right spots.

I love that tank. The earnings can easily match lower tier premiums.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 10:24   Link #8967
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Thats your problem.

Never mind that a variation is the emblem of the JSDF.

- Tak
My problem is WG's problem, so my opinion is of some importance.

That being said, I don't recall the JGSDF insignia being used on tanks, and that symbol does not have a place in WoT anyway.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 10:31   Link #8968
Tak

Quote:
My problem is WG's problem, so my opinion is of some importance.
You are one night late. But no matter, you still have an opportunity to whip me!

Quote:
That being said, I don't recall the JGSDF insignia being used on tanks, and that symbol does not have a place in WoT anyway.
Actually, I am thinking of something like this...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-08-07, 10:44   Link #8969
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
To my horror, learning this the hard way, the KV-1 is ridiculously easy to set aflame with a back shot.

Quote:
I'm actually working on Japanese inscriptions also.

I've been shooting down any WG suggestions of using the Kyokujitsu-Ki in WoT. That flag was not used by IJA on tanks.
... You're actually working for WG now?

Quote:
If you guys have not tried the Cruiser MK.II, you should.

That tank, with gold shells, can destroy a KV-1 with 2 hits. Sometimes 1, in the right spots.

I love that tank. The earnings can easily match lower tier premiums.

- Tak
I have it; unlocked it on the way to the valentine and I'm getting the crew trained up on preparation for shifting the, to my Cromwell once I have it unlocked.

On a peer-level game, it's pretty good, if slow as fuck. It's pretty situational though...

Also, I will again reiterate: Britain, something is seriously wrong when heavy tanks are faster than your light tanks!

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 10:46   Link #8970
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Also, I will again reiterate: Britain, something is seriously wrong when heavy tanks are faster than your light tanks!
Well, I will let the market speak for itself.

There is a reason why nobody buys British.

- Tak

Old 2013-08-07, 11:05   Link #8971
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Well, I will let the market speak for itself.

There is a reason why nobody buys British.

- Tak
Hey, I bought British!

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-08-07, 11:06   Link #8972
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Hey, I bought British!
Bah! When is the last time you hear: Hey, guys, lets go out for some British food!

- Tak

Old 2013-08-07, 11:27   Link #8973
Gravitas Free Zone

There are a few good British tanks, mixed in amongst a sea of blah.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 11:32   Link #8974
Tak

Sounds like the usual setup for fish & chips.

- Tak

Old 2013-08-07, 11:41   Link #8975
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, the british TDs are ok, and the AT-2 and Tortoise are steel wall generators. The only thing I don't like about the british is their insane amount of spaced armor (specially the Black Prince since it can absorb a BL-9 shot).
So far the British X-ader is amazing, the glass cannon incarnated. It reloads faster than a T-34 with 57mm
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 11:47   Link #8976
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
British tanks in a nutshell : Like (equivalent tier and class American tank) but

A) less alpha more DPM
B) less armor, fatter, but better aim time
C) slower and fatter
D) faster at the expense of everything else that matters

Pick 2 or more of the above.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 11:52   Link #8977
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

and nice penetration i guess

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 12:07   Link #8978
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

U still see them occasionally like the church, crusader, crommie, comet, cent 1 & 7/1.

As for fires i have seen it happen across all nations but more frequent for germy and frenchy lines.
Old 2013-08-07, 12:54   Link #8979
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I think I'm starting to become a proper member of [VLCTY]. Can't be arsed to put all the images up one by one, so I made an album. First image was a game where I thought I did pretty well. Also my first win on Fjords.

(We have a kinda meme in our clan - you aren't VLCTY till you're carrying. Carry Harder is our real warcry. )

Next three are from about an hour or so ago, where I played Sacred River and carried my team. We started at the south cap. Heavies took the northeast bridge, lights took the southside hill approach... that left me and an M4 to go down the middle. Then the T-25 pops out and tracks me. I manage to track him in retaliation, and start pumping shells, as the M4 does peekaboom and keeps missing. Finally nail the T-25. As we move through the town, overwatching lights start shooting at us. M4 is uselessly shooting and missing; I pump 3 rounds into a Cruiser II that's passing by, nailing it, and two into the M2 medium (that one of our lights kills). Then I pump 2 rounds into the Alecto, who was shooting at the M4. I fire at the AMX40 and hit something, but then he disappears. Then we push the cap.

I drive up, and see a StPzII and an M3 Lee. Immediately I pump 3 into the arty, duck back, then pop out and pump 4 rounds into the Lee, and realise both were afk. Then I try to push the cap... and see a Char B1 right in a great position to hit me. I freak, jump back... and then realise he isn't doing anything. I drive forward, note that he's driven himself into a bunch of bamboo trees, and start firing, realising that all three of them are afk. Couple of bounces, I start to panic, swap to APCR, put two into him, figure out where his weak points are, and then keep firing AP as fast as I can.

That's when the Cruiser IV grazes me.

The shot bounces, and I charge forward, trying to get out of his line of fire... and that's when the Stug drives up.

Shit.

One round fired. Miss. Stug closes.

Second round fired. Miss.

I'm getting close, I'm going to be able to pull around the Stug, just a bit more and I can circle hi-

Stug oneshots me.

Still, that was pretty satisfying.

Next three are from my Crusader. Nothing really much to say, except that it was Lakeville, we decided to push the town, and it turns out more than a few enemy tanks were pushing the cliffside road. And since they had no idea where I was, I was able to get a few hits on them, which is also how I killed the KV-1 and T-40. I think I'm starting to get the hang of the Crusader now. The 6pdr Mark V is basically the Crusader's answer to the T-34's 57mm Zis. Nice gun, great aim, decent enough - but I'm going to have to carry a few rounds of APCR for whatever I can't reliably pen.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-08-07, 13:16   Link #8980
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

You see lots of brit tanks on the EU servers, usually churchills, matildas and cromwells.

Lately though I've been seeing loads of the brit SPG's especially the "FV-something or other" that is INSANELY fast.

Also fitted the 85mm to the KV1 and this was the result.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Managed to hold off 2 KV-1S's, a churchill, M4 and cromwell by myself on the left choke point on pearl river while arty actually did their job for a change.

Also just bought the SU-152 and transferred over my SU-100 crew so I just got to take her own for a spin later.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks