AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-05, 19:12   Link #541
Elestia

Oh wow, Dragon Princess in the anime is just.... wow. I thought Winter Prince and Young Merchant looked bad, but DP just took the cake as worst character design.
Old 2013-01-05, 19:16   Link #542
Richocet
Lover of Purity

So I saw the first episode without knowing much about this
seems like its gonna be interesting if it keeps on with politics and a few rom-com scenes
Old 2013-01-05, 19:17   Link #543
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoken View Post
It's only a matter of time before a subforum created, there are so many spoilers from the LN and the manga in this thread and you just can't avoid them unless a subforum created.
Or people could...you know...not post them, and report the people who do. Don't bet on a subforum. We rarely make decisions based on initial interest.
Old 2013-01-05, 19:17   Link #544
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Oh wow, Dragon Princess in the anime is just.... wow. I thought Winter Prince and Young Merchant looked bad, but DP just took the cake as worst character design.
DP looks a lot like her LN version so you can't really complain. The one manga version everyone likes is actually the one that looks the least like it.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 19:24   Link #545
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
DP looks a lot like her LN version so you can't really complain. The one manga version everyone likes is actually the one that looks the least like it.
I'm aware of the fact that the anime borrows its designs strictly from the LN, however that doesn't make it immune to criticism just because of it. Of course, I'm operating under a bias as you can't really hold a handle to Ishida's design for Dragon Princess, but at least they could make some minor alterations like for what they did for Grandpa Archer or Female Magician.
Old 2013-01-05, 20:04   Link #546
rickadams
Yggdrasil DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Wow, good job! How long did it take you to do it? I'm intrigued though .. they made it and ciphered it in .. English? I'm surprised they didn't do Japanese?
It took me a couple of hours. They're usually English cyphers. The Madoka runes were a GERMAN cypher (I had nothing to do with that effort), Ano Natsu's was English (the shampoo bottle fine print was actually readable), Aquarion EVOL used two obvious English cyphers. DearS used a Japanese cypher. Dog Days used a kana cypher that was used to spell Engrish words.

Eventually I'll do an alphabet chart for "Maohscript." I haven't figured out all the letters yet.

Last edited by rickadams; 2013-01-05 at 20:33.
rickadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 20:08   Link #547
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Indeed. Which is a shame, since she is a really interesting character (voiced by Itou Shizuka, IIRC) who _needs_ to look gorgeous and alluring to fully function. With this design, she looks almost... annoying.

Ah well *sigh*...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 20:10   Link #548
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoken View Post
Images
comparisons
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I like Akira Ishida's manga version (the second column), the fire dragon princess looks beautiful in his version. I'm fine with anime version design but not with the last row (WTF with her makeup).
I also like the second column, its the manga I read as well.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 20:13   Link #549
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I was surprised at the dakimakura scene as well, as the manga adaptations I've read (the two serious ones, plus the comedy 4koma) don't have it. It was a funny addition though, and underscores just how much the Demon Lord has been looking forward to her meeting with the Hero.
Old 2013-01-05, 20:14   Link #550
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Images
Economics?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The whole "deal" doesn't strike me as anything special nor memorable, and they certainly need to up the ante with their ecchi *if* they want to keep me watching.
You see? If Demon Queen was teaching my economics class in College, I would've gotten a better grade.
Old 2013-01-05, 20:16   Link #551
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
If that's all you're looking for, I suspect you're in for a disappointment. That's not what this is about, and I rather doubt that fanservice will get any heavier than what we had in this episode.
They will be a few ecchi scenes but over all they will be few and far between.

Spoiler for Ecchi Spoiler:
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 21:35   Link #552
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
hmm... wait... I thought they were married or was I thinking about someone else
they're not dating? Wouldnt mind if it was true however

For those people who are complaining that there isn't enough ecchi, keep in mind the purpose of this particular anime adaptation wasn't intended to arouse ur hard-ons
Old 2013-01-05, 21:39   Link #553
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... well ... I didn't think ep 1 was that bad, but neither did it leave an overwhelming impression - but I guess in that sense it was consistent with the effect the manga had on me. Will keep giving it a try for now.
Old 2013-01-05, 21:55   Link #554
Grey

Hahahaha. I was prepared for the worst since I read this thread before watching. So it wasn't too bad. But I don't know how much I'll watch since I've already read Ishida Akira's manga version. We'll see if the anime adds enough flair of its own to keep me watching.

And the script in the ending images are an english substitution cipher? I almost want to see how much of the story it spoils. If it summarizes the plot all the way to the ending I'll just laugh and laugh.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 22:10   Link #555
rickadams
Yggdrasil DJ

Title for the illuminated manuscript in the ED animation.

I'll mark any spoilerish panels in the future as spoilers.
Old 2013-01-05, 22:27   Link #556
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Not to bad of a start Hero an idiot and Demon Queen weak a revese Spice and Wolf
Old 2013-01-05, 22:43   Link #557
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post

By the way, the voice casts for Maou and Yuusha are girlfriend and boyfriend in real life.
Really!? Ami x Jun FTW!

Anyway, the only place we can find out about Witch girl and her different personalities is the Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Gaiden manga which focuses on her as the protagonist. (Now if only the scanlators just continue it!)
Old 2013-01-05, 22:58   Link #558
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Not only that, most likely, she will also be as loyal, strong, and scary as her . Even the manga have Head Maid referring to Roberta as the "ideal maid" as an in-manga joke . I don't think it will appear in the anime though.
in the manga the head maid if i dont mistaken is said to be second in command after the demon king with the ability of leading the demon king army if needed to be...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 23:12   Link #559
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Spoiler for manga plot:
I know that. I'm just being careful not to give (too much) manga spoilers that will be presented in the next episodes .
Old 2013-01-05, 23:16   Link #560
whitecloud

oh yea...i guess the anime will end at around current chapter in manga then? since there is that scene in the op where the hand of the head maid is cut off...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
economics, fantasy, harem