AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-18, 20:59   Link #1881
Echoes

Heh, when it comes to Lucky Star, I actually think that the very first episode is also the very worst, which is unfortunate for obvious reasons.
Old 2012-04-19, 00:13   Link #1882
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Lucky Star was one of those in the "it gets better later" catagory. I started on episode 16. It was a fairly effective hook.
I think so too because it started to pick up on the later half
Old 2012-04-19, 09:56   Link #1883
madis407

well lucky star is a really popular anime some like it some don't its just the question of taste. l really don't like dragon balls(all of them) from a artist stand point the art style is so over done that it looks weird. Also every anime has a good point and a bad point there is no perfect anime.Hate or like its just a question of taste
Old 2012-04-19, 16:06   Link #1884
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Lucky Star was one of those in the "it gets better later" catagory. I started on episode 16. It was a fairly effective hook.
Watched it till episode 18 I think, it didn't get any better for me.
Old 2012-04-19, 16:12   Link #1885
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkark07 View Post
Watched it till episode 18 I think, it didn't get any better for me.
No piece of entertainment or art has universal appeal of course, especially not a slice of life comedy, which is about as hit or miss as they come.
Old 2012-04-19, 16:13   Link #1886
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

People's sense of humor is also different.
Old 2012-04-19, 22:10   Link #1887
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And in the minority report .... I *liked* the first few episodes of L*S. The first episode was like a George Burns monologue where it quietly builds and builds. I started getting annoyed when the series started favoring product reference inserts over source material but my annoyance never actually achieved hate status. So it goes...
Old 2012-04-21, 16:57   Link #1888
kitten320

Not really hate but I totally don't get the love in Katekyo Hitman Reborn. People say Naruto is childish but Reborn is 10 times worse when it comes to childishness and idiocy. It took about 50 episodes for Yamamoto to realize that it was not a game! Just how stupid can someone be?! Naruto is an idiot but even he never came to such extreme!

Females are none existent there, I can't believe it was written by female writer! The woman has no self respect what so ever!
Old 2012-05-02, 01:08   Link #1889
Fuyuno
Banned

After seeing the first season, I had to say K-On!. While not too bad but I think it is slightly worse than Lucky Star. Lucky Star did have have some funny moments but I just can't say the same for K-On!. Instead we have rather boring show about girls forming a band and very few music to speak of. I have no idea how screaming fanboys considered each girls as goddesses, if not their imaginary wives.
Old 2012-05-02, 02:18   Link #1890
Aqua Knight

I really have no idea how K-on! became so popular. I couldn't even watch more than 3 episodes and dropped it.

Last edited by Aqua Knight; 2012-05-02 at 04:37.
Old 2012-05-02, 03:11   Link #1891
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The second season is a bit different in tone, and is likely what get the series more mainstream appeal in the teenage girls fanbase as oppose to the 20+ male fanbase it has before that. Thus a reason it was on the Japanese Disney Channel.
Old 2012-05-02, 22:40   Link #1892
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranran View Post
Madoka....I don't even know the full title.

It's not that I hate it, but I'm so turned off by how everyone wants me to watch it. Like when I go to this forum everyone went 'OMG YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT!!!11' and practically shoving it in my face and saying that it's the best out of the magical girl genre.

That's not really necessary. Instead of getting me to watch it, I go far faaar away from it.
OMG YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT!!!!11'

/troll'd

Sorry, couldn't resist. XD

In all seriousness: Everyone has different tastes. To insist it's the "best" out of the genre is....well....actually it's a little ironic because Madoka doesn't follow the same pattern as typical magical girl shows so magical girl fans who LIKE the normal tropes of these 'typical magical girl shows' may not find it to their taste, whereas people who dislike typical magical girls will praise it to the ends of the earth.

I'm a huge fan of typical magical girl shows and I loved Madoka but I also love lots of other genres and I'm not terribly hard to please when it comes to magical girl shows. I like shoujo ones, I like shounen ones, I like very childish ones, I even like ecchi/lolicon ones-you get the picture. XD

But I understand; it's not very fun to get things shoved in your face. As the great Calvin and Hobbes once said, "If nobody's making you do it, it counts as fun".

I will say this: If you really value fluffy, feel-good magical girl anime with only happy endings and epic romances.....
you may want to keep avoiding Madoka
. It doesn't really deliver on those aspects. The characters are cute and their sparkly transformations and outfits and powers are awesome...but it's so dark and they really go through hell during those 12 short episodes.
Old 2012-05-02, 22:48   Link #1893
ranran
daydreaming 24/7
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

/troll'd

In all seriousness: Everyone has different tastes. To insist it's the "best" out of the genre is....well....actually it's a little ironic because Madoka doesn't follow the same pattern as typical magical girl shows so magical girl fans who LIKE the normal tropes of these 'typical magical girl shows' may not find it to their taste, whereas people who dislike typical magical girls will praise it to the ends of the earth.

I'm a huge fan of typical magical girl shows and I loved Madoka but I also love lots of other genres and I'm not terribly hard to please when it comes to magical girl shows. I like shoujo ones, I like shounen ones, I like very childish ones, I even like ecchi/lolicon ones-you get the picture. XD

But I understand; it's not very fun to get things shoved in your face. As the great Calvin and Hobbes once said, "If nobody's making you do it, it counts as fun".

I will say this: If you really value fluffy, feel-good magical girl anime with only happy endings and epic romances.....
you may want to keep avoiding Madoka
. It doesn't really deliver on those aspects. The characters are cute and their sparkly transformations and outfits and powers are awesome...but it's so dark and they really go through hell during those 12 short episodes.
LOL!!!

I kinda figured it's dark xD But I'm still in the...not-gonna-watch-it phase. I might give it a go a couple of years from now though, when all the hype have died down
Old 2012-05-02, 22:51   Link #1894
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Madoka....I don't even know the full title.

It's not that I hate it, but I'm so turned off by how everyone wants me to watch it. Like when I go to this forum everyone went 'OMG YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT!!!11' and practically shoving it in my face and saying that it's the best out of the magical girl genre.

That's not really necessary. Instead of getting me to watch it, I go far faaar away from it.
Yeah, people shove it to your face because well. . . it really is good. You should at least try a 3-episode test to actually get to know the series rather than just dismissing it because it's popular.

But seriously, Madoka is a really good anime.
Old 2012-05-02, 22:55   Link #1895
ranran
daydreaming 24/7
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Yeah, people shove it to your face because well. . . it really is good. You should at least try a 3-episode test to actually get to know the series rather than just dismissing it because it's popular.

But seriously, Madoka is a really good anime.
I don't dismiss it because it's popular, I dismiss it because people kept shoving it in my face. I'd do fine if they'll at least be normal about it, but it's a real turnoff when they, instead of getting me to watch it, pissed me off because they kept forcing me to...you know?
Old 2012-05-02, 22:59   Link #1896
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Naruto, Bleach and One Piece (The big three).
Old 2012-05-03, 00:15   Link #1897
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
I don't dismiss it because it's popular, I dismiss it because people kept shoving it in my face. I'd do fine if they'll at least be normal about it, but it's a real turnoff when they, instead of getting me to watch it, pissed me off because they kept forcing me to...you know?
Then why not just give in and watch it? See what all the fuss is about, then decide for yourself whether it's anything to your liking or not.
Old 2012-05-03, 00:17   Link #1898
ranran
daydreaming 24/7
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Then why not just give in and watch it? See what all the fuss is about, then decide for yourself whether it's anything to your liking or not.
I don't want to.
Old 2012-05-03, 00:22   Link #1899
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Guys, just leave ranran alone. The more you press her, the more she's going to resist.

It's like this, you know?
Old 2012-05-03, 03:26   Link #1900
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:

/troll'd

Quote:
Guys, just leave ranran alone. The more you press her, the more she's going to resist.
Pffff,
I think everyone had an urge to post this reply.
But we all behaved.
Except for you.
You bad troll.
Now it's on.
No one can stop it anymore.

MADOOOKAAAA!
Closed Thread