AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-11-04, 18:53   Link #1
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Question Questions and comments from manga [SPOILERS!!]

Hey, I've just finished reading up to Chapter 153 of the manga. Just to let you know if you are here and haven't read past what has been released here in the US or have only been watching the anime, then PLEASE LEAVE! Unless you are willing and ready to be spoiled then get out of here cause this ain't the place to be. I will not be using any spoiler tags.

Ok, for those who are gonna continue on, yeah I've read from the events in episode 57 to about Chapter 153 in the manga. Since there is hella lot of talking in this book, I have to rely on my limited knowledge of Japanese to guide me through, but I still have lots o' questions and comments.

1. In the Hyuuga vs. Naruto fight, what is up with the Nazi or Native American type symbol on his head? I know that it has to do something with his side of the clan, but then it looks like his dad or whoever it was died. Was it Hinata's father's fault? It seems like Hinata's father apologized to him later after the fight though.... It also looked like that symbol gave the dude that was with Hyuuga mad pain or something....

2. When Hinata got into coughing fit in the middle of the Hyuuga/Naruto fight, Kabuto offered to help in his missing-nin hunter outfit which was kinda freaky IMHO. Anyways, it seems like he knocked her out for no particularly good reason. Was that just to get her and Kiba before the bigger attack? Or did they do it to kidnap her or something to use against Naruto later? What happened to her and Kiba afterwards?

3. I can't believe episode 55 was actually in the manga.... Poor Rock Lee. Isn't he like the tragic hero or something?

4. When did Shikamaru and Naruto get so friendly? I mean him waiting there in the room was nice and all, but like...considering all that happened before it was a bit of a surprise. But then again it shouldn't, it's not like he's Ino or god-awful Sakura.

5.Gaara went to go pay a friendly visit to Sasuke and Kakashi. Was it just like to say hello or to spy on their progress?

6. Does it explain why Gaara is the mother of sand and mascara? Like does he have some youkai-ness hidden within him or he is just one hella powerful human?

7. I forget what Orochimaru's plans are exactly? Is it to take over the world?

8. Is that female Orochimaru a personal female impersonator or like his sister? You never see her in the flashbacks yet she's so darn powerful.

9. The 4th Hokage looks strinkingly similar to Naruto. Now, this book is a great example of beautiful and distinct character designs. I can't just imagine that this striking similarity is it just coincidence or just a monkeywrench that the author put into the mix. Any clues on that one?

10. When Gaara turned into that monster was that just sand? Also, I thought that the fight between Naruto and Gaara was very, very good. I was especially, feeling it in the end when Naruto looked like he was actually gonna get up and Gaara was all like "NOOOO!! No more! God you monster, why don't just ever stay down!!" Well he didn't say that, but I'm sure that was what was in his head.

11. I feel good that Sasuke his seeing how much more powerful Naruto is becoming. For Sasuke to still think that he has a chance in a fight against this boy would just be too stupid, even for him.

12. I know that Sasuke's brother came back, but apparently he was there to either take Naruto away or kill him, didn't see the latter there, but there was some bad news going on though. Did it get reported back somewhere that Naruto _must_ die or something? Is Sasuke's brother even working for ole' Orochimaru? Which brings me to my next question....

13. Why did Ero Sennin take Naruto away? Was it like for Naruto's own good 'cause mad people are out to get him or to train him even more? And if the latter why at that particular time? Like, are they perparing Naruto for something he doesn't know about yet or we don't know about yet?

14. Did Sasuke's brother give a reason to why he even slaughtered his entire clan? Was he just on some extreme power trip?

15. I think that it's very cool that Ero Sennin is becomming somewhat of a father like figure to Naruto, even if not really, but it does give him a male to look up towards to drive him even further.

16. Before I forget, what was the significance of Ero Sennin bringing that chick upstairs in the hotel when he was fighting Sasuke's brother? I thought that Ero Sennin was gonna be like "Naruto, today I'm gonna turn you into a man." I don't know.

Sorry for all the questions. I know it's a lot, but the manga is really good and it would be better if I could get those points. ^_^ Also, if the answers lay beyond what I have read then please don't spoil me with the answer, like it has something to do with some major plot development...then I can just wait patiently....
juri_miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 19:14   Link #2
Moon The Cat
Hoi!

Hey, I've just finished reading up to Chapter 153 of the manga. Just to let you know if you are here and haven't read past what has been released here in the US or have only been watching the anime, then PLEASE LEAVE! Unless you are willing and ready to be spoiled then get out of here cause this ain't the place to be. I will not be using any spoiler tags.

Ok, for those who are gonna continue on, yeah I've read from the events in episode 57 to about Chapter 153 in the manga. Since there is hella lot of talking in this book, I have to rely on my limited knowledge of Japanese to guide me through, but I still have lots o' questions and comments.

1. In the Hyuuga vs. Naruto fight, what is up with the Nazi or Native American type symbol on his head? I know that it has to do something with his side of the clan, but then it looks like his dad or whoever it was died. Was it Hinata's father's fault? It seems like Hinata's father apologized to him later after the fight though.... It also looked like that symbol gave the dude that was with Hyuuga mad pain or something....Answer: That seal is used my the Main Family to "control" the Branch Families, the seal is used to kill at any time any member from a Branch Family. Hiashi(Neji's father) was killed by this. If I remember well he sacrificed himself instead of Neji's father when some ninjas from other country did something to blackmail them(I think they kidnapped someone I don't remember well, probably Hinata). So, the prblem was that if Hizashi(Hinata's dad) was offered as a prisioner, the secrets of the Byakugan would be revealed cause he is from the main family. But if it was someone from a Branch Family, by the time you die, the seal in the forehead acts as a remover of the Byakugan.
NOTE: Some things like the names of Neji or Hinata's father may be wrong. But the things about the seal is true.

2. When Hinata got into coughing fit in the middle of the Hyuuga/Naruto fight, Kabuto offered to help in his missing-nin hunter outfit which was kinda freaky IMHO. Anyways, it seems like he knocked her out for no particularly good reason. Was that just to get her and Kiba before the bigger attack? Or did they do it to kidnap her or something to use against Naruto later? What happened to her and Kiba afterwards?

Answer: I really don't find it important if they were knocked out. But they get up as soon as the attack to Konohana starts.

3. I can't believe episode 55 was actually in the manga.... Poor Rock Lee. Isn't he like the tragic hero or something?

Answer: Rock Lee is the MAN! Like Naruto said
Ohhh Rock Lee!
The way a man should be!

4. When did Shikamaru and Naruto get so friendly? I mean him waiting there in the room was nice and all, but like...considering all that happened before it was a bit of a surprise. But then again it shouldn't, it's not like he's Ino or god-awful Sakura.

Answer: They probably know each other since small kids.

5.Gaara went to go pay a friendly visit to Sasuke and Kakashi. Was it just like to say hello or to spy on their progress?

Answer: Probably to give them kisses and hughs. No I'm kidding, maybe he was just desperate to start the fight since Sasuke was late for the match.

6. Does it explain why Gaara is the mother of sand and mascara? Like does he have some youkai-ness hidden within him or he is just one hella powerful human?

Answer: He has a demon sealed in his body. It is actually some evil priest with great power. BTW, he kicks ass!

Answer: Take over Sasuke's body because of his Sharingan and eliminate Konohana.
8. Is that female Orochimaru a personal female impersonator or like his sister? You never see her in the flashbacks yet she's so darn powerful.

Answer: Who??

9. The 4th Hokage looks strinkingly similar to Naruto. Now, this book is a great example of beautiful and distinct character designs. I can't just imagine that this striking similarity is it just coincidence or just a monkeywrench that the author put into the mix. Any clues on that one?

Answer: They may be relatives or maybe not. (Hey this is another anime)

10. When Gaara turned into that monster was that just sand? Also, I thought that the fight between Naruto and Gaara was very, very good. I was especially, feeling it in the end when Naruto looked like he was actually gonna get up and Gaara was all like "NOOOO!! No more! God you monster, why don't just ever stay down!!" Well he didn't say that, but I'm sure that was what was in his head.

Answer: That was part of Shukaku of the Desert. Wait for the badger form....

11. I feel good that Sasuke his seeing how much more powerful Naruto is becoming. For Sasuke to still think that he has a chance in a fight against this boy would just be too stupid, even for him.

Answer: We cant really tell until they fight.

12. I know that Sasuke's brother came back, but apparently he was there to either take Naruto away or kill him, didn't see the latter there, but there was some bad news going on though. Did it get reported back somewhere that Naruto _must_ die or something? Is Sasuke's brother even working for ole' Orochimaru? Which brings me to my next question....

Answer: Itachi is a badass mo*** fu****. He is stronger than MJ (Orochimaru). Itachi is working for some organization called Akatsuki that is formed by missing nins. the reasons he wants Naruto are unknown, probably the Kyubi.

13. Why did Ero Sennin take Naruto away? Was it like for Naruto's own good 'cause mad people are out to get him or to train him even more? And if the latter why at that particular time? Like, are they perparing Naruto for something he doesn't know about yet or we don't know about yet?

Answer: He is training Naruto to kick everyones ass!

14. Did Sasuke's brother give a reason to why he even slaughtered his entire clan? Was he just on some extreme power trip?

Answer: Ask for speculations.

15. I think that it's very cool that Ero Sennin is becomming somewhat of a father like figure to Naruto, even if not really, but it does give him a male to look up towards to drive him even further.

Answer:

16. Before I forget, what was the significance of Ero Sennin bringing that chick upstairs in the hotel when he was fighting Sasuke's brother? I thought that Ero Sennin was gonna be like "Naruto, today I'm gonna turn you into a man." I don't know.

Answer: Naruto is not THAT pervert.

Sorry for all the questions. I know it's a lot, but the manga is really good and it would be better if I could get those points. ^_^ Also, if the answers lay beyond what I have read then please don't spoil me with the answer, like it has something to do with some major plot development...then I can just wait patiently....
Moon The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 19:22   Link #3
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Wow lot of questions.

1- The mark on Neji's forehead is the Seal the Hyuga Main Family puts on the members of the Branch Family. This Seal allows the Main Family to torture or kill the Branch Family member.

2- He actually healed Hinata, but he beat her after it. Kabuto was just beginning his job, which was making everyone there unconcious. He took advantage of the situation and already made Hinata and Kiba unconcious.

3- Yes.

4- They knew each other in the academy. All Leaf Genins knew each other, and almost all of them are very friends.

5- He was just there to say he'd kill Sasuke.

6- Gaara has a kind of monster inside his body. It's Shukkaku, an old Sand priest sealed within a tea kettle. It's not a demon.

7- Sorta. He wants to become the strongest ninja ever, kill the Kages and rule the world. For this he needs an Immortal lifer and the Sharingan- since he considers strenght the number of jutsu you know, the only way he can become the strongest is to know all. For that, he needs the Sharingan.

8- Female Oro? :P You mean the Grass nin or Anko? The Grass nin was just Oro disguised. Anko was his student, that's why she has snake-based jutsu, like her sensei.

9- No clues. There are theories, also. That were lost within the forum crash... but the 4th is related to Naruto just by the fact he sealed Kyuubi within him. If it's blood related, we don't know.

10- No, that was Shukkaku of the Sands. See answer #6 to know who's Shukkaku.

11- In the manga, now he can fight Naruto equally, he may be even able to beat him. I'm talking about chapter 191. Where you stopped, chapter 153, Sasuke doesn't have a chance against Naruto.

12- No, Itachi isn't working for Orochimaru. Itachi is working to the Akatsuki, the world most famous and feared criminal organization formed by the best nins. His duty is to kidnap Naruto to steal the Kyuubi's power, not kill him.

13- Jiraiya took Naruto with him to train him, and also get a company to search for Tsunade. Who's Tsunade? The last of the Sannin. She was along with Jiraiya and Oro a student of the 3rd Hokage.

14- He may have had a reason. Back then I made some theories about it. But he hasn't mentioned yet. The only thing we know about the Uchiha's clan destruction is that apparently Itachi killed all the Uchihas besides Sasuke.

15- I prefer the true meaning of sensei to Jiraiya. He's Naruto's true master. A father figure for Naruto would be Iruka-sensei.

16- Itachi used genjutsu on the woman to distract Jiraiya. He, of course, as a pervert, went after the woman, giving free way to Itachi and Hoshigaki Kizame to kidnap Naruto. Too good Jiraiya got there on time to save Naruto.

EDITING: Beat by Moon-san. Well, my answers are a bit more complete Just an additional help from the Naruto-sempai.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 20:02   Link #4
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

just about number three like moon the cat and vicious said yes it was in the manga and Lee-pimp is the greatest he is the man screw naruto
Lee-pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 20:24   Link #5
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by juri_miki
1. In the Hyuuga vs. Naruto fight, what is up with the Nazi or Native American type symbol on his head? I know that it has to do something with his side of the clan, but then it looks like his dad or whoever it was died. Was it Hinata's father's fault? It seems like Hinata's father apologized to him later after the fight though.... It also looked like that symbol gave the dude that was with Hyuuga mad pain or something....
The name of the symbol on his head is the Svastika and it's a really old Hindu symbol.
And Moon are almost all right, Neji's father (Hizashi ) was sacrified for the sake of the main family, Neji is a slave under the orders of the main family which can kill him at anytime with the seal in his head, Hinata's father (Hiashi) apologized in front of Neji as proof of his words : Neji had always believed that his father was killed by force whereas he agreed to replace his brother because it was the only way of being free (francky I think that it's still worst)

Quote:
During all the last test, Kabuto made sleep all those that he could, they just awoke after the war.

Quote:
Bah they were classmate afterall

Quote:
Well it was just to say : hello, I will have fun while I kill you ^^

Quote:
Gaara's father, the Kazekage sealed a living spirit of an old hidden sand priest named Shuukaku inside Gaara before his birth.

Quote:
To steal the body of Sasuke, destroy Konoha and probably all the other hidden village ninja.

Quote:
What?
You mean the guy who kill the 3rd?
It was Orochimaru, he created a immortality spell which allow him to transfer his soul into an other body, this is why he want Sasuke, for his Sharingan.

Quote:
lol seriously the 4th look like Naruto but Tsunade's brother, and Kazekage too
For the moment nobody know.

Quote:
Yeah the badger form is composed of sand or mud.

Quote:
Well, wait for the next chapters, don't underestimate the curse seal, but yeah just now naruto is stronger than Sasuke.

Quote:
Itachi wants don't want to kill Naruto, he and the Akatsuki wants the Kyubi inside him
Itachi don't work for Oro, but Oro was part of the same organization in the past.

Quote:
Jiraiya took Naruto in training to protect him against the Akatsuki and because Naruto is the hero

Quote:
He said that it was just to test his strenght, exept that, there are only many many guess.

Quote:
LOL
No, the woman was manipuled by Itachi to distract Jiraiya
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 20:41   Link #6
Moon The Cat
Hoi!

Take that Vicious!
Old 2003-11-04, 20:47   Link #7
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon The Cat
Take that Vicious!
Hmm?
lol three different people posted almost the same things
Well, the thread's author won't have any questions left with so much info
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 20:53   Link #8
Moon The Cat
Hoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Hmm?
lol three different people posted almost the same things
Well, the thread's author won't have any questions left with so much info
I finally posted something useful before you. Now I can die at ease.....

Old 2003-11-04, 21:11   Link #9
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Btw Vicious, I just remembered that I wanted to correct one thing in one of your post in the old forum

Quote:
the Akatsuki, the world most famous and feared criminal organization formed by the best nins.
They aren't famous, it's quite the opposite, the only person who knew the name of their organization was Jiraiya because he had followed Oro during years then Kakashi after Jiraiya said it to him.
And Itachi ordered to Kisame to kill Kakashi just because he knew their organization's name
Old 2003-11-05, 01:10   Link #10
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Thank you so much for all the info! But you know what, I just caught up to chapter 191, I'm waiting for chapter 192 now!! Yeah! ( It was a lot of reading and scrolling.) Yeah, now that I see the power lift that Sasuke's gonna get one has to admit to themselves, this is starting to resemble DragonBall Z. Remember when Goku got some new powers, Vegeta would just acquire some new skills, only to be beaten up in the end because he was full of pride and always trying to be better than the other person instead of focusing on himself.

This is also obviously the case for Naruto and Sasuke, but I think that even though Sasuke will charge to Orochimaru Slave Level 2 (OSL2) it gives him a considerable amount of power, but like one thing that splits both boys, as in DBZ, is just attitude. Sasuke is only focused on revenge, because he hasn't really been able to deal with his parents deaths. He has will but, it's a pretty weak one, if not a very selfish one. Naruto on the other hand, wanted to become Hokage to have people acknowledge him, to let them know he exists, but I think that his reasonings have evolved since that time when we first met him. I guess, his will or determination stems out from something much more positive and much more selfless than Sasuke's ambitions.

So with that, I say, Sasuke's still ain't got a snowball's chance in hell of beating Naruto, if they actually get to fight again anytime soon. Like he may take a chunk out of Naruto, but it will be Naruto's undaunting, selflessness(if you can refer to it as that), persistance that'll just most likely secure his victory. That and he's the title character of the freaking story. In a way, one could call Naruto's will just as selfish, but you only attain true happiness through the happiness of others.

So here's to hoping that Lee won't die during surgery.

Also the new Hokage is so cool. I'm glad that she's a female with really HUGE breasts. =P I think that's just awesome.

Oh yeah..and about the female Orochimaru thing, I think it's the book before Gaara and Naruto really get in it, but like the 3rd is fighting Oroshimaru and he takes off his mask and then *poof* he's got breasts. Later the 3rd fights the real Orochimaru later or so. Maybe I go find something translated....
juri_miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 01:18   Link #11
skillosopher
Dr. J

Send a message via AIM to skillosopher
hunter-san, you mean "infamous." heh.

ive always wondered about the akatsuki! since, there are "upper eschelons" in the group of 9, that do not include itachi. meaning...these upper class criminals might even be stronger than itachi!
skillosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 10:35   Link #12
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillosopher
hunter-san, you mean "infamous." heh.
lol yeah exactly.

Quote:
ive always wondered about the akatsuki! since, there are "upper eschelons" in the group of 9, that do not include itachi. meaning...these upper class criminals might even be stronger than itachi!
Well it's a shonen so the upper echelons of the Akatsuki are more likely stronger than Itachi, but maybe not, look, so far in the manga the leader of the Naruto's gang
is Shika even if he's one of the weakest.
It said in the manga that Orochimaru was one of the important member but he admited that Itachi is stronger than him and in fact for the moment there are no one who can stand against the mange sharingan, it's not even a question of pure strength, even if you're stronger than Itachi, if you look into his eyes it's the end for you.

And Juri_miki, another time don't underestimate the curse seal 2, looking at the storyline, it's now that Sasuke has the biggest chance to beat Naruto.
In fact if they fight, Sasuke will most likely win because if not he would be forced to return in Konoha.
Old 2003-11-05, 14:27   Link #13
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter

And Juri_miki, another time don't underestimate the curse seal 2, looking at the storyline, it's now that Sasuke has the biggest chance to beat Naruto.
In fact if they fight, Sasuke will most likely win because if not he would be forced to return in Konoha.
yeah. but on the other hand, sasuke does not know how to control the level 2 seal. if i had to guess, sasuke will return to konoha village. naruto hives him a beating and they return... either that or kabuto carries sasuke to orochimaru
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 00:04   Link #14
Kireiko
Kawaii, ne? ^__^*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
The name of the symbol on his head is the Svastika and it's a really old Hindu symbol.

looks like all the questions were answered well, minna, however, Hunter-san, just wanted to point out that although you are correct about one of the symbol's name and all, i believe that Kishimoto-sensei was basing Neji's fuuin seal off of the japanese manji, which is an old buddhist symbol.

Neji's symbol is more specifically the Omote Manji (interestingly enough which is supposed to represent infinite mercy), which has no nazi connotations whatsoever as it is not the nazi symbol that Hitler used at all (he ended up raping the ura manji symbol)

just wanted to point that out is all....... ^__^
Kireiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 01:42   Link #15
Testament
Inactive Member

I have a pretty mind booggling question that I cant seem to answer. Here goes:
Since Sasuke's brother is working for the Akatsuki is the leader a hundred times stronger than Itachi since he is working for this group ?
Testament is offline   Reply With Quote