3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-11, 19:02   Link #81
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

A decent ep, but it really lacked the dramatic intensity of the previous couple of eps. Everything that happened in this ep was necessary for the plot, but I can see why some people are a tad frustrated by the pacing, since ultimately it was more of the same stuff we had in the last couple of eps: K1 goes GAR, and convinces more and more people to join his cause in fighting against the bureaucracy for Satoko. I love the themes that are coming out of this arc, though, and how strongly they resonate with the story, eg strength though unity, fighting for comrades, and the power of protest, etc, etc. They're not really typical for anime, since we generally see one hero upending a battalion of bad dudes singlehandedly (yes, I know I'm generalizing). This is really grounded, in that sense.

Onibaba v K1 was a little disappointing since she was ultimately tsundere (must run in the family). I think it could have been better if it was two headstrong people going up against each other until one proved too unmovable for the other (like Shion v K1). I also thought there was too much light comic relief interspersed throughout this episode (Rena trying to multiply two by two, cowardly director, everyone laughing after the meeting with Onibaba, etc, etc). That, I thought, detracted from the atmosphere.
Old 2007-09-12, 04:34   Link #82
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Quote:
I think that could be quite intriguing actually.
ooooh. I still prefer K1xRena! It's much cuter and they even let more clues about it than K1xMion... (Even yakusamashi-hen and former episodes of minagoroshi-hen had them..) xD
Old 2007-09-12, 23:47   Link #83
Deathwing
what do i know

K1xMion ok K1xRena somebody call the cops

well things are heating up looks like this arc will come to an end in a few episodes( im really looking forward to it because unlike most of you i don't know what happens)

im probably gonna rewatch this when all the episodes are released so it doesn't seem like the show is moving at a slow pace (the whole wait a week thing is why people want it to pick up)
Old 2007-09-13, 00:43   Link #84
Cardiac Glycoside

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
That's some patience. I couldn't do that.
I purposely stalled till episode 8 before d/ling the episodes.

I ended up watching all of yakugakuwhatever-hen in a plane during a red-eye flight.

Good Lord.......
Old 2007-09-13, 09:36   Link #85
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I dont mind K1XRena Paring but i think it might lead to whole new slew of deaths and misery. I mean look how she reacted when she didnt get the stuff animal from him. Maybe for the good of the town and for certain people to keep breathing there should be K1XMion paring which is still my favorite but i will admit K1 and Rena together the way they act and speak is so cute its should be considered a crime
Old 2007-09-13, 10:13   Link #86
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Then why can't it be RenaXK1XMion
Old 2007-09-13, 11:18   Link #87
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I dont mind K1XRena Paring but i think it might lead to whole new slew of deaths and misery. I mean look how she reacted when she didnt get the stuff animal from him. Maybe for the good of the town and for certain people to keep breathing there should be K1XMion paring which is still my favorite but i will admit K1 and Rena together the way they act and speak is so cute its should be considered a crime
The doll event doesn't happen in each "world", otherwise, Watanagashi/Meakashi would always happen (keiichi never gave the doll to Mion before Minagoroshi). The issue is more likely the fact keiichi didn't see her as a girl ("favoring Rena" is certainly not the problem) which lead Shion's "trigger".

But some pairing like this doesn't mean a huge clash as one might fear
Old 2007-09-13, 13:13   Link #88
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The doll event doesn't happen in each "world", otherwise, Watanagashi/Meakashi would always happen (keiichi never gave the doll to Mion before Minagoroshi). The issue is more likely the fact keiichi didn't see her as a girl ("favoring Rena" is certainly not the problem) which lead Shion's "trigger".

But some pairing like this doesn't mean a huge clash as one might fear
HE LIVES i knew that it doesnt happen in every world. I just figured there was a chance of another event replacing the previous one. I guess maybe K1 sees Mion a little more like a girl in this world but i cant quite tell. Either way i like both parings.

@Sterling01 that would too much cuteness i dont think my mind could handel it lol
Old 2007-09-20, 19:17   Link #89
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Don't Mess with Oni-Baba

Keiichi did it

Was it a display of guts or utter stupidity to act bold against Sonozaki Oryou?
Definitely, Oni-Baba lives up to her reputation.

She's frightening. If she's that ghastly as an old lady, I cannot even imagine how dreadful she was during her prime youth.

And Akane is an absolutely, hot mom!

Anyways, with the entire Sonozaki clan involved in the village committee it was just a matter of time for them to play their cards and force the government to capitulate.

Those bureaucrats are bastards, but it was due mainly to Keiichi's defiance that all of them got straightened up and lastly put their ears to listen to everyone's Hinamizawa pleas.

Now, Satoko can be saved, but they must hurry because that Teppei bastard is having one of his daily tantrums and manhandling Satoko like a punching bag.

And I felt shivers and laugh out aloud when Oryou requested Akane to take care of Keiichi for her. That's scary, you know.
Old 2007-09-20, 21:21   Link #90
BaalChaamon

Great Episode...satoko kinda irritates me at times with her outright rejection of any help whatsoever but hey, K-chan is THE man. Nice work.

And Hannyu (im sure i spelt her name wrong) ist just a pure nuisance with all her negative energy...interesting to see Rikas hope flicker. Poor girl
Old 2009-05-19, 17:24   Link #91
typhonsentra

You know, with a name like "Massacre Arc" I was expecting much more insanity. Even if the last three episodes are all a bloody mess it just feels... too normal.
Old 2009-05-19, 19:17   Link #92
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
You know, with a name like "Massacre Arc" I was expecting much more insanity. Even if the last three episodes are all a bloody mess it just feels... too normal.

And then it wasn't.
Old 2009-05-19, 22:31   Link #93
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post

And then it wasn't.
I dunno about that (Just finished episode 14).

Spoiler:
Old 2009-05-20, 00:27   Link #94
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mind you they took episode 13 (I beleive) off the air for a week or two and cancelled the series on at least one station due to a mixture of what they did have, School Days (its final episode was around the same week, thus the week of the "Nice Boat" incident) and a murder in Japan at that time.
Old 2010-05-21, 16:25   Link #95
OkamiNoKaze

This episode was cool, it was great seeing the town band together like that for Satoko. Although what happened to Satoko wasn't cool at all.