Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-06, 11:30   Link #1
ShikaShika
無罪

Wild Striker

I just heard of this one recently (thanks PathChan! ) and got all excited. Got even more excited when I found it was unlicensed and that it is currently subbed by Ayu. (Thanks!) I did a search here at the forum and nothing came up, so here's the thread.

It's an anime from 2000 of 52 episodes, about two brothers playing football (that's soccer to all you Americans). At least I think it is, I'm currently downloading a batch of the first three episodes. So did anyone see it?
Old 2004-08-06, 16:49   Link #2
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akamaru
It's an anime from 2000 of 52 episodes, about two brothers playing football (that's soccer to all you Americans). At least I think it is, I'm currently downloading a batch of the first three episodes. So did anyone see it?
The series is more about the younger brother rediscovering his love of football and improving his game after quitting it due to the high expectations caused by comparisons with his elder brother who has become the bright hope of Japanese football and has started plying his trade with AC Milan. It's an above average sports anime series which is a bit reminiscent of Slam Dunk but based on football. The lead character, Kanou Kyosuke, is somewhat like Sakuragi Hanamichi too. A plus point about the series is that the matches don't go over more than 3 episodes for now.

BTW, I'm slowing collecting this show on R2 DVD (up to Volume 6 now). It will probably take until the end of next year before I finish collecting all volumes. Money is being saved and set aside now for Touch DVD-Box
Old 2004-08-06, 17:53   Link #3
ShikaShika
無罪

I have seen the first three episodes now and I rather like it. I don't know where it's going exactly, but with 52 episodes I'm hoping for some cool developments. The only thing that upsets me is the sound of the ball. It sounds like the kind of plastic balls that kids use. Real footballs are made of leather. This is probably my first sports anime with a team game, so I realized just now how hard it is to actually animate a game with all the players in motion, especially since football can be pretty fast sometimes. Still I think they pulled it off ok. I'll be following Ayu's subs of this one.
Old 2004-08-08, 06:23   Link #4
sangofe

Quote:
I have seen the first three episodes now and I rather like it. I don't know where it's going exactly, but with 52 episodes I'm hoping for some cool developments. The only thing that upsets me is the sound of the ball. It sounds like the kind of plastic balls that kids use. Real footballs are made of leather. This is probably my first sports anime with a team game, so I realized just now how hard it is to actually animate a game with all the players in motion, especially since football can be pretty fast sometimes. Still I think they pulled it off ok. I'll be following Ayu's subs of this one.

Wildstriker is really really good.
Everyone should love it
Old 2004-08-08, 07:22   Link #5
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

News:
Wild Striker TV will be shown in most parts of Asia this month sub in English.
Unfortunately, in our area, it will be Dub in English .
Old 2004-08-09, 10:12   Link #6
st202

ive seen most of them but animesuki hasnt got all 52 eps so need to go out and buy it if u like this sort of thing captain tsubasa is also a really good footie anime if not better ,
Old 2004-08-09, 10:55   Link #7
randall
Ayu Staff

Quote:

Thanks for following Ayu's ;D
We've a little delay after ep10 hence the long wait for eps11+
The reason is because we're doing a 4-phase quality check for WS which includes translation checking.
Quality takes slightly longer =P
Old 2004-08-09, 14:48   Link #8
ShikaShika
無罪

Quality over speed any time of the week. I've seen up to episode 9 anyway, so it didn't matter to me. So far I like it, although I find it a wee bit predictable, and some of the characters get to me. (Although I think this is the first time I've seen an anime where someone was half Swedish. ) Big plus for the OP and ED though... I just hope the plot picks up... Also, it's funny how they animate the games... sometimes it looks like the one with the ball is the only one on the pitch and he can run and run before eventually finding an opponent... But I guess this is Japanese high school level.
Old 2004-08-09, 15:02   Link #9
Bakaaa

Well another thing is that the hero doesnt win every game
i dont remember tsubasa loosing a game
Old 2004-08-10, 07:56   Link #10
wchui

this is currently airing on chinese cable tv and so i'm watching it now. if it was just on fansub, i wouldn't have d/led it coz sport anime ain't my type. but after watching it on tv, i realise that it's a pretty good show and considering getting it.
yea the hero is actually frequently loosing. that's what i like about it- not being invincible and more realsitic.

well i definately recommend this to ppl who like sport anime.
Old 2004-08-11, 07:28   Link #11
HKflame
WSN Member

Send a message via MSN to HKflame
Exclamation Wild STrika (for ppl who still like it)

hey just wanted to know who still has it and watches it AND LOVE IT lol
i just can't find really anything better except for initial d
Old 2004-08-15, 09:00   Link #12
sangofe

Quote:
Quality over speed any time of the week. I've seen up to episode 9 anyway, so it didn't matter to me. So far I like it, although I find it a wee bit predictable, and some of the characters get to me. (Although I think this is the first time I've seen an anime where someone was half Swedish. ) Big plus for the OP and ED though... I just hope the plot picks up... Also, it's funny how they animate the games... sometimes it looks like the one with the ball is the only one on the pitch and he can run and run before eventually finding an opponent... But I guess this is Japanese high school level.
Oh trust me, the plot will pick up, a lot.
And haha, you think of Kyosuke as "Zlatan"?
By the way,
you should check out that other new group releasing Wild striker.
Old 2004-08-15, 09:01   Link #13
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh
The series is more about the younger brother rediscovering his love of football and improving his game after quitting it due to the high expectations caused by comparisons with his elder brother who has become the bright hope of Japanese football and has started plying his trade with AC Milan. It's an above average sports anime series which is a bit reminiscent of Slam Dunk but based on football. The lead character, Kanou Kyosuke, is somewhat like Sakuragi Hanamichi too. A plus point about the series is that the matches don't go over more than 3 episodes for now.

BTW, I'm slowing collecting this show on R2 DVD (up to Volume 6 now). It will probably take until the end of next year before I finish collecting all volumes. Money is being saved and set aside now for Touch DVD-Box
I got all the WS R2 dvds
Old 2004-09-09, 02:43   Link #14
sangofe

Hungry Heart Wild striker English dub(from asia)?

Hey, I read in another thread at this board that there is an English dub of Hungry heart wild striker (or will be very soon), and that a certain member
will have acess to it...
No, I don't think its bootleg as it will be broadcast at TV.
I am interested in this dub...
So if anyone can help me, i'd very happy.
Old 2004-10-29, 04:30   Link #15
advin

Send a message via ICQ to advin Send a message via MSN to advin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe
Hey, I read in another thread at this board that there is an English dub of Hungry heart wild striker (or will be very soon), and that a certain member
will have acess to it...
No, I don't think its bootleg as it will be broadcast at TV.
I am interested in this dub...
So if anyone can help me, i'd very happy.

may i know wch part of asia is showing this cartoon....??i saw till ep 21...
want to find torrent for further ep...anybody know?
very nice....
Old 2004-11-16, 11:40   Link #16
eichzen

its a nice anime

i am on ep 19
i stuck on ep 20-21 can anyone seed it [aX&Sekai]

i want more too.......
Old 2004-11-16, 12:53   Link #17
kujoe
from head to heel

This is a good series, though I wish the last episode were a bit longer. It also gets plus points for having matches that don't last that long.
Old 2004-11-22, 12:01   Link #18
ironbomb

Is there any groups that are still working on this? I been stuck on 21 for like the past 3months or so

I really wanna see it... pppppplz.
Old 2004-11-22, 13:08   Link #19
jonny-mt
どこ見てるのよ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb
Is there any groups that are still working on this? I been stuck on 21 for like the past 3months or so

I really wanna see it... pppppplz.
I don't normally do this, but...

Yes, Ayu is still working on the series. It's been going slowly because we've been running it through three quality checks since the series has been worked on by something like 10 translators. I personally have t/led 14, 22, and 30 and am scheduled to do 25 and it's looking like I might do 32 and 33, too, since those people haven't come through yet. In the meanwhile, though, I was placed on QC2 (translation check) about two weeks ago--so far I've turned in 20, 21, 23, and am working on 24. The amount of work involved depends on who originally t/led it, and my anal self has turned in as few as 20 and as many as 70+ fixes for a single episode.

Once I've gotten them in, though, the process has been moving remarkably fast...it's like the dam breaking. We're making a push to get as many episodes out as possible at the end of November. The editors, typesetters, and our fearless encoder have been doing a wonderful job--I think we're as ready to get these out as you are to see them. In the meantime, though, if you want someone to blame for the slowness of the series right now, blame me...pretty much every episode from 24 up is waiting on me before they can go any further, so feel free to send your hate mail this way :P

Oh, and thanks for watching! We're glad you like the series
Old 2004-11-22, 16:07   Link #20
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
yup... expect some stuff to fly at the end of november

^____^
Closed Thread