AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-26, 07:32   Link #61
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

When Kanou said to his brother that he is envious of him, was it because his brother always had a chance to play against really good players and he didnt or was it because Kanou wanted to be as good as player as his brother?

Well i wanted to know that. can some one give his opinion? i personally think because he wanted to play with players as good as his brother was playing but i dono.
Old 2005-12-26, 07:35   Link #62
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Also Thanks alot to Saizen group for subbing Wild striker. It was really good and your sub quallities were Awsome. Any ways i think you guys were talking about subing another soccer anime a while ago, is that true? . If it is , i cant wait to watch your realeases . good luck in your futture subs ^_^.
Old 2005-12-26, 13:25   Link #63
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648
When Kanou said to his brother that he is envious of him, was it because his brother always had a chance to play against really good players and he didnt or was it because Kanou wanted to be as good as player as his brother?

Well i wanted to know that. can some one give his opinion? i personally think because he wanted to play with players as good as his brother was playing but i dono.
Edit: For Kyosuke, his personality is to be th best and loves fighting against strong opponents thats why he was so pysched to play against Kagami again. Its like his underdog status that hes always had. But there is not much to say because you pretty much got it.

Last edited by PsychItsMike; 2005-12-26 at 13:59.
Old 2005-12-26, 13:47   Link #64
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Goty; 2005-12-27 at 07:24.
Old 2005-12-26, 13:58   Link #65
PsychItsMike

OOOhhhh sorry i thought everyone kinda figure that part out because of the title. =( lemme fix that.
Old 2005-12-26, 14:38   Link #66
ShikaShika
無罪

ShikaShika's review of Wild Striker

Well, if you've been following this thread you know by now that this anime was a bit of a dissapointment to me. (Though all my complaints are gone since the forum crash.) However all is not bad with Wild Striker and I will try to summarize my feelings about this anime once and for all.

My main complaints were and remains that as a football fan, I simply didn't find much interest in Japanese high school football. At the beginning, when I knew this was going to be 52 episodes, I couldn't imagine that Kyosuke was going to stay in Japan for all that time while his brother was playing in Europe. For me, it would have been much more interesting to watch an anime about Kyosuke's brother instead. Of much the same reason, I did not react to well when Rodrigo turned the pro scouts down. Especially not with how his background and motivations were set up. Turning down a contract like that makes no sense, since there's absolutely no guarantee you'll get a 2nd chance. For me, the last episode was probably the most exciting, seeing Kyosuke finally joining the national youth team, as well as Ajax (funny how they mixed the name of the team up with the name of the city). In my opinion the anime ended just as it was getting interesting and my ideal Wild Striker would have had this move about 20 episodes in. Having said that, accepting the fact that Japanese high school football is all that's on offer in Wild Striker, I do think the football aspects were very well executed, with a nice compromise between excitement and realism. (Lets be honest here, all of Kyosuke's moves weren't that realistic, and a five-way tackle? Ahem...) But it was nice all the same.

What wasn't executed as well, was the characters, and that's unfortunatly were the anime falls in my opinion. In all of Wild Striker, there was only one character that sparked my interest. Thankfully this was the main character, but that is still far too low a number for such a long anime. The anime simply has too many, too bland characters, and I could make a list of characters that could have been cut out to no effect at all (except making the anime better). For example, Kyosuke's "friends" that were in the first episode and then popped up from time to time to look at his matches. Completely unnecesary characters. The same goes for Megane Saru and his co-manager, Saori, Fuku and the most annoying character of all time, the principal. The anime tries to focus on the team, resulting in some bland character development for all the members. I would have preffered it if thay would have focused on Kyosuke, while still leaving some room for the side characters. One whole episode about Sgt. Chin (or whatever he was called) and his father was neither very interesting to me, nor did it move the plot forward. But at the heart of this anime stands Kyosuke and Miki. Their budding relationship was what made me continue watching Wild Striker when I was in doubt. They're still the most interesting characters, and even though we got some subtle closure to their relationship in the end, I still think they could have afforded a kiss or some kind of verbal sign of affection. But I guess this is a shounen anime, and everyone knows boys can't handle love scenes.

And finally, a silly thing, but so extremely irritating. The sound effects do NOT get a passing grade. How an anime about football can completely mess up the sound of a football being kicked is beyond me. It has the sound of a really thin and cheap plastic ball that kids use sometimes. The music, I'm afraid, simply isn't that good either, for lack of a friendlier way to put it. The only times the music really got me excited was when the 1st OP was used during play, which they subsequenty started doing way too often. The 1st OP and the 1st and 2nd ED songs were quite good though.

To summarize: I came into this anime expecting less high school football and more pro adventures. I was a bit dissapointed in this, but what I got was fairly well executed. What wasn't executed that well however were the characters, of which only Kyosuke really caught my interest. For a 52-ep anime I could give this anime a passing grade at most. While it had its good parts, you'd really expect more in terms of plot from such a long anime. On top of that there's the lack of really engaging characters. If I had to give it a rating, it would be 2/5.

I realize most people that share my thoughts will probably already have stopped watching Wild Striker, so I'm expecting to either be ignored or heavily debated here. I'm not much for debating though, I just needed to get my opinion of my chest. Afterall, I did start this thread, so I've finally come full circle.

Edit: I completely forgot, a big thank you to Saizen (and Ayu) for bringing WS to us.
Old 2005-12-26, 15:24   Link #67
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
ShikaShika's review of Wild Striker

My main complaints were and remains that as a football fan
I think what we're releasing in a couple of hours will make you happy, if that's the case
Old 2005-12-26, 15:32   Link #68
PsychItsMike

Oohhh how exciting!!! Another season or a whole new show... who knows
Old 2005-12-26, 16:43   Link #69
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe
I think what we're releasing in a couple of hours will make you happy, if that's the case
Damn, now you have me really curious. I don't think there's any sequel... Maybe the manga? Though I have no idea if it's any different. Nah, you got me, I'll just wait and see.
Old 2005-12-26, 17:08   Link #70
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
Damn, now you have me really curious. I don't think there's any sequel... Maybe the manga? Though I have no idea if it's any different. Nah, you got me, I'll just wait and see.
Based on what sangofe mentioned, I can confidently tell you that the new series that they will be releasing shortly is not a sequel.

It is another high school football anime with 50+ episodes but with more football action. I think the series would address some of the criticisms that you have raised in your earlier post. I suggest that all you people here who have tried Wild Striker to give this anime a shot (no pun intended).

Before anyone jumps the gun, it doesn't have Captain nor Tsubasa in the title.
Old 2005-12-26, 17:58   Link #71
PsychItsMike

Ahh boo i was hoping for a sequel . I thought WS was a good anime in my opinion since any football/soccer is awesome to me. I never mind good football/soccer action but i just hope that it still has a good story to go with it.
Old 2005-12-26, 18:28   Link #72
Chrisse

thx to saizen for this great anime

does anyone knows the song of the last episode (from 19minutes and 45 secondes) when kano leaves
Old 2005-12-26, 23:00   Link #73
Chotomatei
足球迷

I'd also like to thank Saizen for their fansubbing of wild striker, even though personally I thought the actual series was average at best. And ShikaShika I can almost guarantee you that the new series that Saizen are releasing will more than satisfy your craving for a realistic football anime. I also was unimpressed with the approach of wild striker and only endured through the whole series because of the romance element. Let's just say that this new series will inspire more kids to go out and kick a ball than wild striker or whistle ever did (and that's with their left foot too ). And if romance is your thng there's a little of that sprinkled in too. Once again thanks Saizen and I hope your new series achieves if not more, at least the same amount of popularity wild striker did.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisse

does anyone knows the song of the last episode (from 19minutes and 45 secondes) when kano leaves
Im pretty sure the song you're referring to is ''Song for Lover'' by Kids Alive on their 3 Colours Infinity album. Um, im not too sure that im allowed to link directly to other websites so if you want to know where you can download it just send me a pm. I got the link off Saizen forums but I think that they're down at this moment in time.
Old 2005-12-26, 23:32   Link #74
Jub3i
Golden Shinobi Member

SAIZEN thankyou so much for subbing this series.
I'm not even a soccer fan and I unexpectedly ended up enjoying WS quite a bit. Thanks again.
Old 2005-12-27, 06:37   Link #75
hyper_rev

Thank you Saizen for subbing this series!

I've enjoyed the entire series, and i hope there would be a sequel..

Once again, thank you for your hard work!
Old 2005-12-27, 07:32   Link #76
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i did not like that ending one bit. should have ended with under 22 game, the rest was not needed and made the ending bad.

but thanx for all the hard work saizen and co. and am looking forward to aoki densetsu!
Old 2005-12-27, 12:20   Link #77
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisse

The second song they play during the final scene is the last verse from the first opening theme, "Second Stage", also by "Kids Alive".
Old 2005-12-27, 17:14   Link #78
SonC

Hi i loved the serie, but got a tear in the eye when i understood it was the end of this serie. I have one question, is it some one who knows if it going to be a upcoming? Lika Wild striker 2 or something? or like they did with Full metal panic (Fumofou)? I loved it and want to see more! I usually dont like Fotboll but it was so fun to watch this serie, i couldnīt stop watshing it, and i want to know how it goes for Mimi and Suisuke. Please answer quikly..
Old 2005-12-28, 05:09   Link #79
Chotomatei
足球迷

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonC
Hi i loved the serie, but got a tear in the eye when i understood it was the end of this serie. I have one question, is it some one who knows if it going to be a upcoming? Lika Wild striker 2 or something? or like they did with Full metal panic (Fumofou)? I loved it and want to see more! I usually dont like Fotboll but it was so fun to watch this serie, i couldnīt stop watshing it, and i want to know how it goes for Mimi and Suisuke. Please answer quikly..
You want to know how it works out? Kanou gets lonely while playing in Holland, so he settles down with a nice Dutch girl. Hearing of Kanou's treachery, Miki then proceeds to date Kiba and eventually gives birth to 3 of his wonderful children, who then all become worldclass football players plying their trade all over Europe. Meanwhile Kanou tears his hamstring, after falling off his bike while cycling to the training ground. He therefore becomes a coach, preaching the virtues of guts and tenacity.

This is one ending that you can believe in or there is always the option of just imagining a scenario yourself. Im afraid that this is just something you're gonna have to settle for as it seems unlikely that there will be an continuation of the series. Usually if an announcement isn't made about an extension of an anime a year after it finishes, chances are that there won't ever be one. That's discounting if it manages to be a massive hit or achieves some cult status. HHWS unfortunately didn't.

I used to get beat up over hanging endings myself but experience has taught me that you'll eventually get over it. Just watch something else.
Old 2005-12-28, 16:12   Link #80
PsychItsMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonatale
Yes, Saizen staff is working hard on animating season 2 of wild striker
Apparently there is going to be a 2nd season so dont give up so easily on HHWS! Its a fighter!
Closed Thread