AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-12, 11:37   Link #11161
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
However, if it becomes clear that Imagine Breaker has sided with an organization other than Academy City, promptly attack him and ‘retrieve’ him within the same life support system as used for the #2.
No! You Academy City bastards! You can't do the same thing to both of my fav characters!

For the first time Misaka! I'll have your back on this one!
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-06-12, 11:40   Link #11162
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
It was said in SS2 that Full Tunning ain't connected (more exactly, she is cut off) to the Network so I don't think they would know.
It was said too that she was the prototype of the first series done by Amai Ao.

BTW, Chapter 3 is complete now.
Old 2011-06-12, 11:43   Link #11163
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
No! You Academy City bastards! You can't do the same thing to both of my fav characters!

No wait that also brings up the chance of...Cyber Touma!
The force that cannot be stopped

You illusions will be lazored

Old 2011-06-12, 11:57   Link #11164
giorno

i am now imagining Touma as a cyberman...duh...
Old 2011-06-12, 12:28   Link #11165
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Teh Ping was on fire today: Volume 4, Chapter 2 has been fully translated
Old 2011-06-12, 15:17   Link #11166
Miraluka
Banned

Chapter 4 parts 1 and 2 updated.
Those bastards privateers needs to be crushed asap. And the Touma vs Accelerator rematch begins.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-06-12 at 15:52.
Old 2011-06-12, 17:08   Link #11167
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The interesting thing about Accelerator vs Touma, is that the fight is from Accelerator's point of view and from there the Author made it very clear that there's something abnormal about Touma when he specifically mentioned how every one of those attacks were meant to crush a human body with sheer force alone.
Old 2011-06-12, 17:11   Link #11168
Zakoo

Meeeh, When i read it I thought : " If JC Staff were to animate this from Accelerator's eyes and thoughts, it would be so epic that people would die."
Old 2011-06-12, 17:45   Link #11169
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Meeeh, When i read it I thought : " If JC Staff were to animate this from Accelerator's eyes and thoughts, it would be so epic that people would die."
For great justice,

...Even better if they did it for the [Strongest vs Weakest] fight in Railgun as well.
Old 2011-06-12, 17:47   Link #11170
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

So that's the fear of the result people get when Touma is about to knock their lights out

Old 2011-06-12, 19:23   Link #11171
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
the Author made it very clear that there's something abnormal about Touma when he specifically mentioned how every one of those attacks were meant to crush a human body with sheer force alone.
... But it's super™ clear how Touma is parrying Yuriko's attack, and to be honest is not so different as the Imagine Breaker dispelling the heat from Innocentius flames (Heat =/= Flames).

Part 3 got updated. Is about Hamazura

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-06-12 at 21:11.
Old 2011-06-12, 20:24   Link #11172
Daft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
... But it's super™ clear how Touma is parrying Yuriko's attack, and to be honest is not so different as the Imagine Breaker dispelling the heat from Innocentius flames (Heat =/= Flames).
I think he's referring to Accelerator's "carpet bomb" attack. From his perspective there is no way Touma should have survived. Honestly, even if you could see the future, can a level 0 seriously evade all of that so he's only roughed up a bit? He should not be physically capable of keeping up with so many attacks with just a right hand and ordinary human strength. I agree that that passage makes Touma appear a bit different than just human.

Last edited by Daft; 2011-06-12 at 20:26. Reason: add text
Old 2011-06-12, 21:54   Link #11173
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Dispelling Magic heat coming from Magic fire? Sure.

But the explosions weren't an effect of the wings, but the physical result of smashing those wings into the surface of the earth.

Quote:
Part 3 got updated. Is about Hamazura
So is part 4, Durendal vs Curtana=Fragment and the path to Touma vs Accelerator is open!

Volume 20 should be completely by tomorrow, if not the day after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
I think he's referring to Accelerator's "carpet bomb" attack. From his perspective there is no way Touma should have survived. Honestly, even if you could see the future, can a level 0 seriously evade all of that so he's only roughed up a bit? He should not be physically capable of keeping up with so many attacks with just a right hand and ordinary human strength. I agree that that passage makes Touma appear a bit different than just human.

Well it's not only that passage, but the entire fight. The author painstakingly described every one of Accelerator's attacks as unsurvivable, even ending in suspense with Lessar's monologue wondering if there's more to Kamijou Touma than meets the eye.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-06-12 at 22:08.
Old 2011-06-13, 07:41   Link #11174
NightGale

Quote:
The interesting thing about Accelerator vs Touma, is that the fight is from Accelerator's point of view and from there the Author made it very clear that there's something abnormal about Touma when he specifically mentioned how every one of those attacks were meant to crush a human body with sheer force alone.
Tell me of one fight in which Touma didnīt seem superhuman (at the very least in regards to stamina and toughness). More than once in the novels there have been situations of where "he shouldnīt have been able to get back on his feet"; in fact, i remember one particular scene in the fight with Biaggo that even with Precognition, at best Touma should have been rendered completely immobile at worst true death. With that show of regeneration ability in the fight with Fiamma, things start to make a bit more of sense in those fights, simply put: Touma is powerful, enough to suppress that thing inside him, use itīs power for himself(though only a bit and "apparently" only the regeneration part).
Old 2011-06-13, 08:15   Link #11175
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGale View Post
Tell me of one fight in which Touma didnīt seem superhuman (at the very least in regards to stamina and toughness). More than once in the novels there have been situations of where "he shouldnīt have been able to get back on his feet"; in fact, i remember one particular scene in the fight with Biaggo that even with Precognition, at best Touma should have been rendered completely immobile at worst true death. With that show of regeneration ability in the fight with Fiamma, things start to make a bit more of sense in those fights, simply put: Touma is powerful, enough to suppress that thing inside him, use itīs power for himself(though only a bit and "apparently" only the regeneration part).

But before people just assumed it's the usual Shounen Hero Act, but now with the Author actually throwing those hints around maybe there is something else besides an undying spirit.

Of course we got this confirmation in vol 22 that there's something else in him, but to what extend does it affect Touma? Is it also responsible for his reflexes? Would it trigger regeneration even if the arm still remains? What happens if the body dies? etc.
Old 2011-06-13, 08:35   Link #11176
NightGale

Quote:
But before people just assumed it's the usual Shounen Hero Act, but now with the Author actually throwing those hints around maybe there is something else besides an undying spirit.

Of course we got this confirmation in vol 22 that there's something else in him, but to what extend does it affect Touma? Is it also responsible for his reflexes? Would it trigger regeneration even if the arm still remains? What happens if the body dies? etc.
Oh yeah, it may be a bit of a tangent but i remembered something thatīs been bugging me.... in my mind, Imagine Breakerīs power, is limited in what he can cancel due to the fact that most of itīs "output" is being used in keeping that "something" inside in check. While it will be fun to think of whatīs itīs true power is like, we donīt know much if anything... nevertheless, thereīs one thing thatīs been firmly etched to the name "Imagine Breaker", and that is "Misfortune". Time and time again, Touma has been getting involved in nothing but a chain of misfortune; but, if IB cancels out his luck, shouldnīt he have had encounter a "fatal misfortune" already? apart from his tendency to get dragged in fights (not that fighting against Acqua isnīt deadly, but... somehow it doesnīt fit the bill of misfortune but rather a consequence of his actions), he only suffers from "minor everyday misfortune", like machines eating his bills, being showered with rainwater by a car and things like that... so is Touma actually ridiculously lucky?
Old 2011-06-13, 08:46   Link #11177
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Seeing how lucky his father tends to be, I don't think Touma's misfortune has much to do with IB ^_^;
Tough judging by Terra's words, IB does somehow affect events around Touma... usually be sending him wherever Touma's heroism is needed it seems.
Old 2011-06-13, 09:16   Link #11178
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGale View Post
Oh yeah, it may be a bit of a tangent but i remembered something thatīs been bugging me.... in my mind, Imagine Breakerīs power, is limited in what he can cancel due to the fact that most of itīs "output" is being used in keeping that "something" inside in check. While it will be fun to think of whatīs itīs true power is like, we donīt know much if anything... nevertheless, thereīs one thing thatīs been firmly etched to the name "Imagine Breaker", and that is "Misfortune". Time and time again, Touma has been getting involved in nothing but a chain of misfortune; but, if IB cancels out his luck, shouldnīt he have had encounter a "fatal misfortune" already? apart from his tendency to get dragged in fights (not that fighting against Acqua isnīt deadly, but... somehow it doesnīt fit the bill of misfortune but rather a consequence of his actions), he only suffers from "minor everyday misfortune", like machines eating his bills, being showered with rainwater by a car and things like that... so is Touma actually ridiculously lucky?
Lets not forget, the idea that Imagine Breaker is severely limited because it's using most of it's output to restrain whatever is inside of Touma is just a fan theory. If Imagine Breaker is truly far more powerful, then it would have wipe out Fiamma's Holy Right when he tried to take it.

On the topic of his misfortune... If you want to think of it grimly; maybe the full extend of his misfortune is to continue to live this life of misfortune, strife and hardship.
Old 2011-06-13, 09:41   Link #11179
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post

I'm chuckling to the fact that the more she knows, the less she does actually know.

And I find it funny that despite being one of the closest people to Touma, it'll be Shiage and Accelerator (although he has witnessed it at least once) who will learn the existence of the thing called "Magic."

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-06-13, 09:45   Link #11180
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Actually I imagine that Mikoto and ITEM will learn about magic as well.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen