AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-11-09, 00:19   Link #1
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
World War Z (2013)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md6Dvxdr0AQ

For those who don't know, World War Z was a novel awhile back that detailed a reporter who went around the world interviewing survivors of World War Z where the world was overrun with zombies.

It seems that in this case they're are just using the name of the book and changing it to a reporter who works with the government to find out the origin of the plague.

And it seems the zombies in this movie are more akin to a "tidal wave"
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 00:29   Link #2
Elestia

Doesn't look like it follows the actual source material, other than that is has "zombies" in it.
Old 2012-11-09, 00:31   Link #3
sa547
*Author

Damn, it's more like a Zerg rush.

In the book, the zombies could only walk, yet there's so many of them.
Old 2012-11-09, 00:43   Link #4
Raiga
tl;dr

The trailer has me raising my eyebrow, but the information on the Wikipedia page makes it seem like it's actually true to the spirit of the book (apparently Brooks read the script and said it was great). Hopefully they just made a trailer that seemed like a standard zombie movie to attract people unfamiliar with the source?

Mark me down as "apprehensively hopeful".
Old 2012-11-09, 00:46   Link #5
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Hahahaha, that comment on the video was hilarious
Quote:
Why make them run fast? Book Zombies no run fast. Why you make fast zombies when book no have fast zombies. You read book? Very clear. Zombies slow. *bonk bonk* mr Director man need to read book. Zombies not fast. Zombies slow. World war Z have slow zombies and not fast ones instead. Make different movie if want fast zombies. World war fast is good name for incorrect movie.
Old 2012-11-09, 02:27   Link #6
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
That quote is great! As an owner of the book (hardcover even) I was wondering the same thing when I saw the first trailers. Also, did I see instant-zombifying?

The Battle of Yonkers should be interesting, so should the Battle of the Five Campuses.

Endless "World War Fast" Soul
Old 2012-11-09, 05:05   Link #7
Xion Valkyrie

Slow zombies are no longer scary when your main characters are so powerful (looking at you walking dead), so you either use fast zombies, or you make crazy humans the antagonists.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 05:22   Link #8
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Haven't read the book, but this looks to be a wholly different take on the Zombie apocalypse premise. It looks to be a more large-scale coverage of the zombie apocalypse without all the wierdness that the Resident Evil movies have. Will be keeping a close eye on this.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 07:00   Link #9
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

If your characters are at all genre-aware, slow zombies only get the stupid people. So I guess you gotta make em fast.

It is incorrect, but I can see why they would do it for the cinema.

But a more "news reporter's" view of the Big Z might be interesting. Could go either way in terms of being a hit or a flop.
Old 2012-11-09, 07:37   Link #10
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I don't mind the director making the zombies more formidable. Maybe the Battle of Yonkers won't be so bloody damn silly now!
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 08:02   Link #11
konart

Seems like Left 4 Dead adaptation, lol. Some shots look just like locations from the game.

The only thing that annoys me is the "family thing" again. Can't they skip this "You're asking me to leave my family" part?
Old 2012-11-09, 10:02   Link #12
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

action zombie apocalypse movie staring Brad Pitt that looks and feels like Modern Warfare. I will be watching this.

also, running zombies are the scariest things.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 10:07   Link #13
willx
Nyaaan~~

I for one am looking forward to this movie .. The battle of yonkers will be neat! And there has to be some message in there about both the human penchant for 1) failure and mistakes but 2) the ability to overcome any and all odds, trials and adversity!

The outlook is optimistic
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 11:04   Link #14
james0246

Whether it follows the book or not is slightly irrelevant to me (the book was stylistically interesting, but very unrealistic at times). But, the sheer horror of the wave of zombies as seen in the trailer is quite impressive and thoroughly epic (for 180$ million it better be pretty damn epic). The Zombies come across as more of a force of nature. Quite chilling.

Does anyone know what movie this trailer is attached to? My best guess would be Lincoln (since Paramount works with Dreamworks), but this hardly seems like a trailer to accompany Lincoln .

p.s. loved seeing Mireille Enos in a big screen role. Sadly, she'll be the damsel this time around, but it's still good to see her in such a big film..
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 11:24   Link #15
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
My outlook couldn't be any worse for this movie. Makes me wonder why they bothered getting the rights to the title if they were pretty much only going to use the title. Forget walking zombies, we've jumped right to Tsunami Zombies. I would not be surprised if Brad Pitt pulls out a surfboard at some point in the movie.

This just gives me a bad feeling. Some sad cliches about the main characters family, some random explosions, and one man out there to save the day.

Certainly it could turn into a decent movie in it's own right, just simply be one that stomps all over its source material. It's fine to have differences since it has to happen, but at least keep it within the same theoretical universe.
Old 2012-11-09, 12:08   Link #16
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

After many zombie movies are set in enclosed places with people trapped in it or in some post-apocalyptic environment, this large scale “humans vs zombies” might give me a breath of fresh air. Also, the fast zombies (ala 28 Days Later & Zack Snyder’s Day of the Dead) gives me the chill, especially when I saw that “zombie pillar/ladder” at the end of the trailer .
Old 2012-11-09, 13:42   Link #17
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
After many zombie movies are set in enclosed places with people trapped in it or in some post-apocalyptic environment, this large scale “humans vs zombies” might give me a breath of fresh air. Also, the fast zombies (ala 28 Days Later & Zack Snyder’s Day of the Dead) gives me the chill, especially when I saw that “zombie pillar/ladder” at the end of the trailer .
Just being willing to do something large scale is good, I agree.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 13:57   Link #18
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Hope Lt. Aldo Raine messes those zombies up big time.
Old 2012-11-09, 23:45   Link #19
PzIVf3

I though zombie is gonna be slow, spread out, unable to climb and now its different there are fast and wild like a swarm juggernaut. Get in a bunker.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 02:05   Link #20
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I feel bad for World War Z lovers ... all that survived was the title. On the other hand, this may be a "Left For Dead" zerg swarming extravaganza for those who have played that video game. The swarms in the trailer certainly raised a few hackles ... and that cop telling them to move on was certainly a wakeup.

Looking through the comments -- hasn't anyone played the "Left For Dead" series? No one seems familiar with this style of zombie?