Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-12-04, 05:43   Link #7001
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etheral View Post
Does anyone else think the spirit food and special book will lead to massive power-ups?

I think it should. I'm pretty sure no one else get's to go to the spirit world so I wouldn't mind if Mashima decided to use it as a reason for the wins. I in fact want him to, because it will sound more plausible when they win. If they lose, that would be an unexpected pleasant surprise.

I think MechR is right, they probably thought she might be dead or at least unreachable from their abilities.
If the spirit food would lead to massive power-ups, then Natsu would be in trouble since he didn't eat any (or vomitted out what he ate). Gray on the other hand would have a massive power up
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 07:45   Link #7002
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I don't see what's wrong with that^^
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 13:52   Link #7003
White Silver King
The Isley

It's a better explanantion for a power-up then we've ever been given.
Old 2011-12-04, 13:53   Link #7004
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Truly
Old 2011-12-04, 20:18   Link #7005
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Convenient way to skip the 3 months needed for training, and adding in a few laughs too.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 23:50   Link #7006
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
That could be avoided by Mashima simply making the time-difference whatever he wanted. Like if saving the Stellar world took a week, he could've just said 1 week = 3 months, instead of 1 day = 3 months.
He could, though I'd like to see how he'd explain something like that. My guess he'll completely avoid a plotline in the Spirit World now
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 08:21   Link #7007
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
He could, though I'd like to see how he'd explain something like that. My guess he'll completely avoid a plotline in the Spirit World now
But if Virgo (or some other spirit) were to make the whole "three months have already passed in the human world) revelation at the end of their hypothetical week-long journey, wouldn't that be an even bigger dick move?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 08:45   Link #7008
MechR

Quote:
Just to clarify, I don't mean changing the timespeed difference in a future arc. I mean that if this chapter had actually turned into a Spirit World arc, Mashima could've set the time difference to whatever he wanted at the end, because the time-difference hadn't been introduced/established yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
But if Virgo (or some other spirit) were to make the whole "three months have already passed in the human world) revelation at the end of their hypothetical week-long journey, wouldn't that be an even bigger dick move?
Not if they were saving the Spirit World. At least then it would've been for a good reason that couldn't wait, and they would've gotten some combat experience out of it.

Stellar Food powerup would make sense. As long as it's just break-even rather than gamebreaking, so as not to be too cheap.

Incidentally, it's probably thanks to Edoras's magic that the whole world got stronger over the timeskip. Not sure why I didn't think of that sooner.

Last edited by MechR; 2011-12-05 at 08:59.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 13:18   Link #7009
seiftis
~defying fate

When I read the last few pages, I thought it'd be another DBz copy (getting years of training in a very short time), but glad it isn't so. They got trolled instead, lol.
Old 2011-12-05, 20:23   Link #7010
AvalonCode

ROFL all the trool faces. Im not a big fan of FT but, I liked this chapter. Epic fail for FT haha

What did U say?! I didn't think so
AvalonCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 23:34   Link #7011
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
Just to clarify, I don't mean changing the timespeed difference in a future arc. I mean that if this chapter had actually turned into a Spirit World arc, Mashima could've set the time difference to whatever he wanted at the end, because the time-difference hadn't been introduced/established yet.

Not if they were saving the Spirit World. At least then it would've been for a good reason that couldn't wait, and they would've gotten some combat experience out of it.

Stellar Food powerup would make sense. As long as it's just break-even rather than gamebreaking, so as not to be too cheap.

Incidentally, it's probably thanks to Edoras's magic that the whole world got stronger over the timeskip. Not sure why I didn't think of that sooner.
Or i guess if the Spirit World was really in danger of collapse, then it could just be written that the dimension is unstable and time again passes differently. I guess something like that it could work.

I forgot what page it was one, but anyone else remember the Author's Note about how the next arc will have TONS of new characters? Kinda wondering how and why, since there are so many characters that need more development. Still hoping for my Lucy-centric arc though.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 02:07   Link #7012
Krono

Quote:
I forgot what page it was one, but anyone else remember the Author's Note about how the next arc will have TONS of new characters? Kinda wondering how and why, since there are so many characters that need more development. Still hoping for my Lucy-centric arc though.
Chapter 261, page 12 or so of MS's translation. The word "new" was never used.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 16:04   Link #7013
immblueversion

Well, I managed to find out a little more about the title of next week's chapter.

According to MS's translation, it is called "Crime Sorcerer." However, the Japanese title, "魔女の罪" (Majo no Tsumi), is read as "クリムソルシエール" (Kurimu Sorushiēru). I have reason to believe that this is a French phrase: "Crime Sorcière," which literally translates to "Crime Witch." And since "魔女" (majo) means "witch" and "罪" (tsumi) means "crime," it's safe to bet they're talking about a female criminal with magical powers. And there's only one major female criminal (or two) with magical powers last seen on the run, if you know what I mean...

Old 2011-12-07, 21:27   Link #7014
White Silver King
The Isley

...Yes! Ultear!
Old 2011-12-07, 22:29   Link #7015
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
...Yes! Ultear!
Let us frickin' hope. If not her, then let it be the first ever main villain of an arc who is female, because that would be interesting, methinks.

Old 2011-12-08, 10:02   Link #7016
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Well, I managed to find out a little more about the title of next week's chapter.

According to MS's translation, it is called "Crime Sorcerer." However, the Japanese title, "魔女の罪" (Majo no Tsumi), is read as "クリムソルシエール" (Kurimu Sorushiēru). I have reason to believe that this is a French phrase: "Crime Sorcière," which literally translates to "Crime Witch." And since "魔女" (majo) means "witch" and "罪" (tsumi) means "crime," it's safe to bet they're talking about a female criminal with magical powers. And there's only one major female criminal (or two) with magical powers last seen on the run, if you know what I mean...
based on the Kanji, I would interprete it as the witch's crime or the sin of being a witch
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 10:52   Link #7017
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
I would interprete it as the witch's crime or the sin of being a witch
Assuming this is true, we have to ask what a "witch" is, and how they're different from mages.
Old 2011-12-08, 11:38   Link #7018
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Could take a wild guess and say we got a long flashback ahead of us, but I'd rather just wait two days and find out by the author himself. Speculation at this point would be too groundless to go on, at least for me.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 11:46   Link #7019
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Assuming this is true, we have to ask what a "witch" is, and how they're different from mages.
I think it's just a title that holds no real meaning.

Old 2011-12-08, 12:15   Link #7020
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I think it's just a title that holds no real meaning.
Most likely. But usually the term "witch" is a very specific application if female magic users are known as something else.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen