AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-24, 11:04   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Kannagi - Merchandise (Figurines, Artbooks, DVDs, etc.)

Thread dedicated to Kannagi related merchandise - including... art books, figurines, games, manga, CDs, OSTs, DVDs, magical girl batons etc., or if you know where you can find such items, then please post here.

For music related items, please check the following sites:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp
http://www.animenation.com
http://www.yesasia.com
If you can read Japanese, then you can also try:
http://www.amazon.co.jp

Please Note: This thread is for official merchandise only, no bootlegs or cheap illegal imitations!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 11:48   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So far I've spotted two pre-orders for Kannagi figures, but one is a swimsuit and the other a neko-idol outfit. I'm really looking for one in either her miko garb or perhaps her "first appearance" garb.
Old 2008-10-24, 15:40   Link #3
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
So far I've spotted two pre-orders for Kannagi figures, but one is a swimsuit and the other a neko-idol outfit. I'm really looking for one in either her miko garb or perhaps her "first appearance" garb.
Yeah I'll probably wait on her miko outfit. The swimsuit and neko-idol to me aren't as great.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 16:53   Link #4
KaNa-Kun
写真いいですか。

Spotted one Nagi Figure by FREEing. Same pose as the Nagi Figure by Wave, but in her normal clothes.
And, as expected, a bunny dressed Zange Figure by Koto. If I've deciphered it right, the FREEing Nagi is scheduled for January and Kotobukiya's Zange for March.

Image Source:
Figure/GK

For the reminder, only five days (29 Oct.), four days for Japan, till the Single CD motto☆Hade ni ne! will be released.
You can look it up here or at amazon.jp
KaNa-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 11:00   Link #5
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

From Hobby Complex 05 Kobe 2008:
(Source)

teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 12:59   Link #6
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Just noticed this at amazon.co.jp. Release date Nov. 26, 2008.

Link here.
Old 2008-11-23, 04:02   Link #7
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
other link here about contains of the DVD 1 + Cover
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/123/123580/
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 14:25   Link #8
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Zange bunny girl figurine - I waaaaannttt one!!!!

...sooo badly.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 04:37   Link #9
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
other link here about contains of the DVD 1 + Cover
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/123/123580/
Here it is in the flesh:

http://picasaweb.google.com/shirobane/KannagiDVD1LE
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 23:17   Link #10
Oxtail

I'm no expert on the anime market, but from what I've seen the reception to Kannagi has been pretty positive. I don't see why this would only be a 1-season series.
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 08:26   Link #11
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtail View Post
I'm no expert on the anime market, but from what I've seen the reception to Kannagi has been pretty positive. I don't see why this would only be a 1-season series.
A second season of Kannagi is pretty much a certainty.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 12:02   Link #12
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtail View Post
Money, Money, Money.

Anime series is not cheap and foreign market so far is slow (the slowing down of US anime industry is a red flag). Digital copies also have make the sales of DVD more tougher these days to consumers to acquire since free is always better (coughs).

The show might be popular but the investors did not necessarily see it that way if the DVD sales did not show any results. Perhaps someone can provide how is the sale of DVD vol 1 of Kannagi is like in Japan? if it breaches the magical number of 10,000 copies then there is a hope for 2nd season.
Old 2008-12-02, 13:16   Link #13
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Kannagi DVD 1 is presently at #67 in DVD popularity at amazon.co.jp, #12 in TV animation category. And it was only released 11/26.
Link here.

DVD 2 is at #25 overall, #3 for TV animation and it doesn't release until 12/17, so those must be pre-order numbers.

Not sure what amazon sales say about anything, but Kannagi seems to be doing well.
Old 2008-12-02, 13:46   Link #14
ZODDGUTS

Though there's not enough manga material for them to do a 2nd season now or even for next year, the manga is monthly afterall so I'll take awhile to have more manga stuff to use. Unless they plan on doing an entire original storyline for the 2nd season.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 07:37   Link #15
Westlo
Lets be reality

sankakucomplex has last weeks dvd sales figures out and Kannagi finished second and should definately get a second season based off these sales.

*1 (*4) 12,400 *12,400 **1 ストライクウィッチーズ 3 / Strike Witches 3 LE
*2 (*6) 11,869 *11,869 **1 かんなぎ 1 / Kannagi 1 LE
*3 (*7) 11,838 *11,838 **1 銀魂 シーズン其ノ参 04 / Gin Tama 4
*4 (11) *8,416 **8,416 **1 夏目友人帳 2 / Natsume Yuujinchou 2
*5 (13) *8,266 **8,266 **1 ひだまりスケッチ×365 3 / Hidamari Sketch 365 3
*6 (14) *7,648 **7,648 **1 セキレイ 弐 / Sekirei 2 LE
*7 (16) *7,230 *23,975 **2 コードギアスR2 4 / Code Geass R2 4
*8 (17) *6,727 **6,727 **1 純情ロマンチカ (5) / Junjo Romantica 5 LE
*9 (21) *5,720 **5,720 **1 To LOVEる5 / To Love-ru 5
10 (22) *5,208 *17,426 **2 マクロスF 4 / Macross Frontier 4

Not in the league of heavyweights like Geass, Frontier, 00 and Clannad but still very very good and better than the vast majority of anime shows. Those sales for Geass and Frontier aren't a real indication due to the lack of Blueray figures by the way.. for example for Frontier Vol1 in its first week it sold 22k bluerays and 18k dvds and each vol since has been the #1 Blueray seller of its release week.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 13:07   Link #16
ZODDGUTS

Hmm it sold well better then expected actually. Though I think A-1 (animation studio) first series Ookiku Furikabutte sold higher.
Old 2008-12-03, 13:48   Link #17
Falkor

I wonder how much effect the whole "second-hand" fiasco had on the sale figures. Breaking the 10k barrier is still good and it will most likely "guarantee" a second season, but I was really expecting a bit more for the first week. However, I wouldn't doubt that it's going to increase in the following days.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 14:25   Link #18
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I wonder how much effect the whole "second-hand" fiasco had on the sale figures.
Probably next to none. There's reality, and then there's "2ch reality" (a.k.a. blogger reality). People on 2ch like to "rage" because it's an environment where you can act that way and be applauded for it. Bloggers like to play up "2ch reality" because it makes for good headlines and brings in the hits. But reality is much more mundane. You can't take 2ch rage at face value. (They'll act like it's such a huge travesty, and they'll still be first in line to pre-order...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Breaking the 10k barrier is still good and it will most likely "guarantee" a second season, but I was really expecting a bit more for the first week.
Any particular reason you were expecting better? I'd say this is a really good result for a late-night show from a slightly-less-well-known studio (i.e. not Kyoto Animation) on a first season. If this holds up for all 6 volumes, it'd definitely put them in the top 10% of all shows premiered in the last few years. So I imagine they're pleased. What were you comparing it to?
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 16:57   Link #19
ZODDGUTS

Guess that person was expecting Lucky Star DVD sales numbers which were more then double the sales that Kannagi had, the most recent Lucky Star DVD (OVA) sold nearly around 32,000 in it's first week.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-24-october-14

Gonzo for one for would love to have those type of sales, their most recent series Rosario Vampire hit the 5k mark which was the first time in years for them to reach that mark. Strike Witches Gonzo's other recent work being the first to reach that 10k mark since Vandread 2001. Yet A-1 has done it twice in less then two years with both Ookiku Furikabutte and now Kannagi. Goes to show well animated and good shows will sale if done well hopefully Gonzo will take a look at A-1 on how they do good quality series, actually they kinda have since Gonzo announce they will be cutting back on the amount of series they do each year by half 8 to 4.

Anyways like I said great sales for Kannagi wonder how Kuroshitsuji did which is A-1's other current series.

Last edited by ZODDGUTS; 2008-12-03 at 22:38.
Old 2008-12-03, 22:19   Link #20
Falkor

now that I think about it, I didn't really have a particular reason, just a personal expectation, I guess
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote