AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-04-30, 01:58   Link #281
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

They're students, not professional musicians, what do you expect about that? PLUS, K-ON's theme is NEVER about music alone. You pretty know the reason why Season 2 Episode 04 didn't show any instruments throughout.

EDIT: I DID miss the second point! Silly me.

But well, you won't really expect music at the quality of Girls Dead Monster in K-ON.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2010-04-30 at 02:23.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 02:12   Link #282
Velsy

ah, you missed my point.

nevermind then

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 16:39   Link #283
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
no..... I didn't say it sucks. What did frustrate me in the first series is that they wouldnt take things seriously and just sit around having tea parties. I thought Azusa was going to quit at one stage. I was really suprised she stayed in the band. I actually hoped she did quit for them to wake up.
Nah Azunyan won't quit. She's a girl, and enjoys the attention given to how cute and adorable she looks.

I do my best to resist her cuteness and cuddliness. I really do my best though.....*fails badly*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 14:00   Link #284
Ballad
robots & skateboards

When did the second season start airing?
Ballad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 15:27   Link #285
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK55 View Post
When did the second season start airing?
The fourth episode aired last week, so the first episode aired in the first week of April.

Typically anime seasons in Japan run on the quarter system with new seasons (cours) starting April-July-October-January. K-On!! is going to run over two cours (April-September), twice as long as the first K-On!.
Old 2010-05-04, 00:31   Link #286
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The fourth episode aired last week, so the first episode aired in the first week of April.

Typically anime seasons in Japan run on the quarter system with new seasons (cours) starting April-July-October-January. K-On!! is going to run over two cours (April-September), twice as long as the first K-On!.
24 episodes ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Nah Azunyan won't quit. She's a girl, and enjoys the attention given to how cute and adorable she looks.

I do my best to resist her cuteness and cuddliness. I really do my best though.....*fails badly*
Well it's kinda good she stayed with them, shes an asset to the band. Experienced guitarist I remember ?

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 01:31   Link #287
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
24 episodes ?
I'm not being exact because holidays and sports events sometimes vary a season and I haven't bothered to do the detective work to see if its 24, 25, or 26.
Old 2010-05-04, 04:36   Link #288
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Well it's kinda good she stayed with them, shes an asset to the band. Experienced guitarist I remember ?
She's better than Yui in the technicalities, but less talented.

Then again, her purpose in the band is a stuffed toy to be cuddled and hugged by the rest of the band members.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-04, 11:46   Link #289
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
She's better than Yui in the technicalities, but less talented.
How does being more technical mean less talented?
Old 2010-05-04, 12:10   Link #290
Kak Worm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I think he meant that Azusa has the advantage in terms of experience, but Yui on the other hand seems to be more talented on the account that she learns quickly and has perfect pitch.
Kak Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 13:22   Link #291
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
You know, in music writing music is a skill, composing music is a talent.

Similarly, being able to play naturally with little formal training like Yui, that is talent.

Old 2010-05-05, 03:06   Link #292
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I see, I see. Guess I hadn't thought of it that way.
Old 2010-05-05, 06:48   Link #293
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I see, I see. Guess I hadn't thought of it that way.
I have studied enough music in my whole life to be able to discern between talent and skill. Being someone with neither, it makes it easier for me to see what others do.

Old 2010-05-05, 11:39   Link #294
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Both talent and skill are *useful* ... and neuroscience studies show there's a lot more overlap than previously thought. Some of it is chance basic brain wiring and physicality, some added with focus and practice. No shame to be one or the other.
Old 2010-05-05, 14:32   Link #295
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Both talent and skill are *useful* ... and neuroscience studies show there's a lot more overlap than previously thought. Some of it is chance basic brain wiring and physicality, some added with focus and practice. No shame to be one or the other.
Talent is more inclined towards natural ability....while skill is something that can be learnt.

Perfect pitch cannot be learnt, relative pitch can....but for it to rival perfect pitch, one needs at least 20 over years of experience. For one, I am a person who totally suck at strings no matter how much I play. And I can never play slow songs less than 80 bpm without losing rhythm a couple of minutes into the song.

Old 2010-05-09, 20:00   Link #296
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

so is there really going to be twenty + episodes?
Moogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 04:17   Link #297
Eak
One angry cloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogie View Post
so is there really going to be twenty + episodes?
Yes, I believe 24 episodes.
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 09:16   Link #298
Chocolate Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eak View Post
Yes, I believe 24 episodes.
That's a lot of episodes! I bet a majority is goin to be fillers if its 24 episodes.....
Old 2010-05-10, 11:17   Link #299
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Pocky View Post
That's a lot of episodes! I bet a majority is goin to be fillers if its 24 episodes.....
And that's a bad thing?
Old 2010-05-10, 13:09   Link #300
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Pocky View Post
Define "filler" (that's usually a pejorative). So far the anime-only episodes have been written with the help of the mangaka and have been, imo, very nice additions to the story.

Its letting him tell stories that don't work well in a 4-koma context.

Tags
seinen