AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-04, 23:43   Link #801
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I want Touma to either go to heaven or hell and go wild there

though on a serious manner. They can't find the body even if 3 major factions of the magic side tried to search him on the arctic ocean.

How big is the arctic ocean for magicians to not find his body?

I can only think of someone arrive there to get his body before someone appear or someone is lying and took him already.
well if someone have the chance of finding him is the science side, since any magic the magic side use to search for him would get sogebu-ed.

also aleisteir sended ppl for touma, so if hes there he migth the one that saved him, adter all IB migth be matured enough from what fiamma saw.
Old 2010-12-04, 23:52   Link #802
tsunade666

Imagine Breaker stay the same at least from what I can tell the one who matures is Touma himself. If he can suppress the power which is stronger than fiamma.
Old 2010-12-05, 01:29   Link #803
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I want Touma to either go to heaven or hell and go wild there

though on a serious manner. They can't find the body even if 3 major factions of the magic side tried to search him on the arctic ocean.

How big is the arctic ocean for magicians to not find his body?

I can only think of someone arrive there to get his body before someone appear or someone is lying and took him already.
Or somehow he can breathe underwater and is still on the ocean bed....
Old 2010-12-05, 04:18   Link #804
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I think the author's not going to throw Touma into leading a antagonist organisation
but it would be different if Touma turned into a villain and joined Aleister
Old 2010-12-05, 04:30   Link #805
tsunade666

But that's the same as Yuuji turning bad in shakugan no shana. I also think of that before but when I heard news about the latest shakugan no shana I had doubts it would lead into that too despite me liking to see index and mikoto vs touma.
Old 2010-12-05, 04:43   Link #806
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
but it would be different if Touma turned into a villain and joined Aleister
its actually pretty common , and even more in ligth novels.
Old 2010-12-05, 04:55   Link #807
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
But that's the same as Yuuji turning bad in shakugan no shana. I also think of that before but when I heard news about the latest shakugan no shana I had doubts it would lead into that too despite me liking to see index and mikoto vs touma.
Yuuji joining SnH because he has similar aims is understandable....

Crowley and Touma are different as night and day.
Old 2010-12-05, 05:12   Link #808
tsunade666

Unlike Index. I haven't read shakugan no shana novels. I just learned that from flere so I would stop from that point because I don't know what's happening and being having the same aim. I wonder.

But I got to agree with Touma and Aleister being night and day but Touma and Fiamma are also like that too but the way they do things can be the same in such ways.
Old 2010-12-05, 05:54   Link #809
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Unlike Index. I haven't read shakugan no shana novels. I just learned that from flere so I would stop from that point because I don't know what's happening and being having the same aim. I wonder.

But I got to agree with Touma and Aleister being night and day but Touma and Fiamma are also like that too but the way they do things can be the same in such ways.
Fianma is different...he actually cares for humanity.....Aleister, he just wants power and mastery over Aiwass and AIM. Other than that, he's an emotionless bastard.
Old 2010-12-05, 06:43   Link #810
tsunade666

what if Aleister had a reason for it?
Old 2010-12-05, 07:06   Link #811
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yuuji joining SnH because he has similar aims is understandable....

Crowley and Touma are different as night and day.
exactly. The point would be to turn Touma into a completely different character, and see how the others would react to it
Old 2010-12-05, 10:08   Link #812
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
exactly. The point would be to turn Touma into a completely different character, and see how the others would react to it
memory loss and brainwashing by none other than your friendly neighborhood aleister

Also question. I looked at the beginning of this topic and found people views on touma harsh. Just want to know if your views on the anime adaptation of touma have changed?

Last edited by I_am_Kami; 2010-12-05 at 11:42.
Old 2010-12-06, 05:40   Link #813
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
No, but the opposite did happen once. Mikoto once tried to electrocute them for making Touma smash face-first into Itsuwa's chest (The scene is too hilarious, so I'll wait for the actual translations go up on Baka-Tsuki before comment further ). This is in Vol16 Ch1, so everyone start praying for Teh Ping to get there soon
Well, I've done that part, so shoot.
Old 2010-12-06, 14:37   Link #814
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Also question. I looked at the beginning of this topic and found people views on touma harsh. Just want to know if your views on the anime adaptation of touma have changed?
In my unsolicited opinion, personally I find Touma boring.

I guess I'm just burned out on the "Hero of justice and all that's right" archetype, that seem to lead nearly every shounen anime.

I really want to see more protagonists with an "edge" of some sort - a dark side.

Lelouch was the last protagonist in a shounen anime that I liked.

Half the time I end up "cheering" for the less than wholesome co-lead characters. ><
eg. Accelerator, Sasuke ... etc
Old 2010-12-06, 15:01   Link #815
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
In my unsolicited opinion, personally I find Touma boring.

I guess I'm just burned out on the "Hero of justice and all that's right" archetype, that seem to lead nearly every shounen anime.

I really want to see more protagonists with an "edge" of some sort - a dark side.

Lelouch was the last protagonist in a shounen anime that I liked.

Half the time I end up "cheering" for the less than wholesome co-lead characters. ><
eg. Accelerator, Sasuke ... etc
So anti-heroes.

He might actually become one. sorta
Old 2010-12-06, 15:15   Link #816
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
So anti-heroes.

He might actually become one. sorta
Pretty much I suppose. ><

At least add a little darkness to the character.

Another thing that annoys me of such "hero" characters, they dash into any situation head first and somehow comes out ahead every damn time.

If Touma is going to turn antihero, he is going to need a major 180 degree attitude change, that guy is about as wholesome "guaranteed to get into heaven" as you can get.
Old 2010-12-06, 15:22   Link #817
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Pretty much I suppose. ><

At least add a little darkness to the character.

Another thing that annoys me of such "hero" characters, they dash into any situation head first and somehow comes out ahead every damn time.

If Touma is going to turn antihero, he is going to need a major 180 degree attitude change, that guy is about as wholesome "guaranteed to get into heaven" as you can get.
what i like about him which i have mentioned a few pages back in this forum is that he isnt a little bitch like some people who have harems. Like in that samurai show that came out. His sense of justice actually gets better(like it grows on you).

Also, have you read the novels?
Old 2010-12-06, 15:30   Link #818
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
what i like about him which i have mentioned a few pages back in this forum is that he isnt a little bitch like some people who have harems. Like in that samurai show that came out. His sense of justice actually gets better(like it grows on you).

Also, have you read the novels?
Sadly no. Everything I know is from the anime and wikis.

Morally perfect "Superman" (literal Superman; Sups is practically the modern standard for the trope) heroes have kind of worn thin on me.

At least Mitoko has her moments of doubt and regret... Well, that and she is cute. ^.^

PS: anti-heros don't necessarily have to be 24/7 emo. A little mess-up-ness like Batman goes a long way.
Old 2010-12-06, 15:58   Link #819
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Sadly no. Everything I know is from the anime and wikis.

Morally perfect "Superman" (literal Superman; Sups is practically the modern standard for the trope) heroes have kind of worn thin on me.

At least Mitoko has her moments of doubt and regret... Well, that and she is cute. ^.^

PS: anti-heros don't necessarily have to be 24/7 emo. A little mess-up-ness like Batman goes a long way.
well dont want to spoil for you so if you want to read the novels go here
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...jutsu_no_Index
Old 2010-12-06, 17:10   Link #820
outerelf

There's no need to worry. Touma is by no means perfect.

I will agree that the anime doesn't really do good justice to his character, because he's not the type of person who talks unless its against an enemy, so you never quite get him. I suggest reading the LN.

It, being the original source, gives Touma a lot more depth I believe.
Closed Thread