AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-20, 01:24   Link #141
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't think either of them were using a Device.
Old 2012-01-20, 01:30   Link #142
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yup, they seems to be focused on magical martial arts, their device(if any) should be something that helps strenghen their bodies. I wonder if the original Olivie have powered herself with a Relic. Just remeber Saint Kaiser Vivio, she was a representation of Olivie's power and she was a pure striker.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-20, 01:36   Link #143
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
The thing is, that makes absolutely no sense.

Why wouldn't they have Devices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Yup, they seems to be focused on magical martial arts, their device(if any) should be something that helps strenghen their bodies.
You say this as though Quint, Subaru, Ginga and Nove weren't Strike Artists as well.
Old 2012-01-20, 01:42   Link #144
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
You say this as though Quint, Subaru, Ginga and Nove weren't Strike Artists as well.
Vivio and einhart seems to be "purer" in their style than them, tough. Actually focusing on adapting their bodies and using magic in combination with a discipline in martial arts which is something new to the franchise. Nove and Subaru and cyborgs who are more reliant on equipement and spells.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-20, 02:01   Link #145
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Vivio and einhart seems to be "purer" in their style than them, tough. Actually focusing on adapting their bodies and using magic in combination with a discipline in martial arts which is something new to the franchise. Nove and Subaru and cyborgs who are more reliant on equipement and spells.
And yet, Nove is seeking to further her mastery of strike arts, and she's the one teaching Vivio strike arts. Wasn't she also the one who helped Einhart discover Unchainable Knuckle?

I'm not buying your argument.

Plus, unlike Vivio, Olivie was involved in an actual war, against mass weaponry, Lost Logia, and mages using Devices. Not having a Device of her own would have been foolhardy. Klaus, too.
Old 2012-01-20, 02:04   Link #146
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If you want to get really technical, Olivie's Device was the Saint's Cradle. Particularly since only she (and maybe Klaus, as he intended to take it) could use it.
Old 2012-01-20, 02:12   Link #147
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
And yet, Nove is seeking to further her mastery of strike arts, and she's the one teaching Vivio strike arts. Wasn't she also the one who helped Einhart discover Unchainable Knuckle?
Nove is only Vivio's current coach, Subaru and Zafira also had something to do with her formation, Einhart is very adamant on remaining as a pure striker even rejected the possibility of acquiring a formally weapon-like device. Just like the Relic and the Craddle served the function of strenghen Olivie's body, Asteion and Sacred Heart help Einhart and Vivio to do the same, only in a lesser scale.

Considering how ungodly powerfull Saint Kaiser Vivio was i wouldn't take Olivie's pure striker strenght lightly. She was remembered as the strongest for a reason xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-20, 03:47   Link #148
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
If you want to get really technical, Olivie's Device was the Saint's Cradle. Particularly since only she (and maybe Klaus, as he intended to take it) could use it.
She was the last heir, exiled as a political hostage. Someone else in her family controlled the Cradle.

It's not even certain that she ever gained control of the Cradle herself, after her family died.
Old 2012-01-20, 05:04   Link #149
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
The thing is, that makes absolutely no sense.

Why wouldn't they have Devices?
Cause they smash stuff with their hands, most devices limit that (weight, mobility etc, Hayate specifically noted how even the Nakajima knuckles could get in the way.) and unison devices were notoriously hard to make.

Also, they're genetically enhanced. Their originals had haxx powers like the Saint King Armor and so wouldn't need devices.
Old 2012-01-20, 06:04   Link #150
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Cause they smash stuff with their hands, most devices limit that (weight, mobility etc, Hayate specifically noted how even the Nakajima knuckles could get in the way.)
Yet Devices can also come in lightweight forms, like the Kerykeion gloves, or a Kamen Rider belt-buckle.

Such forms wouldn't be of much physical use, but as Devices, they could still contribute to magical performance. Which is the primary point of any Device to begin with.

Quote:
Also, they're genetically enhanced. Their originals had haxx powers like the Saint King Armor and so wouldn't need devices.
Olivie might have had the Armor, though Vivio's current lack of it makes that uncertain.

But whatever powers Klaus had, Einhart should have. Other than Adult Mode and lots of talent, that appears to be exactly nothing. She inherited his memories, but of course those weren't a special power bred into HIM; they were just his own memories.

Rather than being the child of an enhanced bloodline, he seems more like the START of an enhanced bloodline. One that will probably continue to make his descendents miserable even after Einhart has lots of emotionally-fulfilling sex with the clone of his childhood sweetheart.
Old 2012-01-20, 07:01   Link #151
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Yet Devices can also come in lightweight forms, like the Kerykeion gloves, or a Kamen Rider belt-buckle.

Such forms wouldn't be of much physical use, but as Devices, they could still contribute to magical performance. Which is the primary point of any Device to begin with.
And said devices aren't suited for melee combat, much less martial arts.

Devices aren't one size fits all. Different designs have different functions, and said functions and designs are intertwined. This is not even beginning to add up that different martial art styles have different limitations. Vivid specifically pointed out that Ein's style is not suited for a regular device.

Quote:
Olivie might have had the Armor, though Vivio's current lack of it makes that uncertain.
Considering canon specifically noted it was the Sankt Kaiser's armor Vivio inherited because she's a clone, and that she lost it during the cradle debacle (cuz lolplot) it's hardly uncertain Olivie had it.

Quote:
But whatever powers Klaus had, Einhart should have. Other than Adult Mode and lots of talent, that appears to be exactly nothing. She inherited his memories, but of course those weren't a special power bred into HIM; they were just his own memories.

Rather than being the child of an enhanced bloodline, he seems more like the START of an enhanced bloodline. One that will probably continue to make his descendents miserable even after Einhart has lots of emotionally-fulfilling sex with the clone of his childhood sweetheart.
I don't expect a child who only has a tiny fraction of Klaus's blood to have all his genetically enhanced powers. Einhart isn't pure-blood, there's who-knows-how-many generations between her and Klaus. It's a miracle she even has as much as she has.
Old 2012-01-20, 15:33   Link #152
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And said devices aren't suited for melee combat, much less martial arts.
There's still the fact that Devices can have soft, pliable, light-weight frames (Caro's gloves).

And that Olivie is clearly wearing bulky, protective gauntlets that reach all the way over her elbows.

Quote:
Vivid specifically pointed out that Ein's style is not suited for a regular device.
And yet they found a Device for her to use, anyway. With technology LESS advanced than what was needed for a true Unison Device.

Do we have conclusive proof that the two kings were NOT using something akin to the Hybrid Devices?

Quote:
I don't expect a child who only has a tiny fraction of Klaus's blood to have all his genetically enhanced powers. Einhart isn't pure-blood, there's who-knows-how-many generations between her and Klaus. It's a miracle she even has as much as she has.
Hmm. I didn't expect that the writers might actually be holding to that bit of genetic reality.

And we're already talking about a magically enhanced bloodline. It might have been designed to adapt to massive genetic drift.
Old 2012-01-20, 15:46   Link #153
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
And yet they found a Device for her to use, anyway. With technology LESS advanced than what was needed for a true Unison Device.

Do we have conclusive proof that the two kings were NOT using something akin to the Hybrid Devices?
Other than no clear visual device being present? None, no. But by that logic we can go and claim Yuuno was secretly using a device as well.

The point is, these guys were beasts that not only genetically enhanced themselves, but also stuffed Relics into their bodies to further boost their powers. Given their already extraordinary power levels, it makes perfect sense for them not to have devices.

Quote:
Hmm. I didn't expect that the writers might actually be holding to that bit of genetic reality.

And we're already talking about a magically enhanced bloodline. It might have been designed to adapt to massive genetic drift.
Yes, but that's a maybe, not a fact.
Old 2012-01-27, 16:20   Link #154
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Taken from the image thread about the developement of the school lives and firendship of the circle of friends comprissed of Nanoha, Fate, Arisa and Suzuka xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
Obvious reasons: they wanted to progress to the next season and focused on that more than building on Nanoha and co.'s school life.
...and another reason, but that's one that doesn't fit here.
I'm not talking about a full season focused on them but a couple of ovas or omakes based on that would be funny, entertaining and even a bit helpful into develping better the transition from A's to StrikerS.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-27, 16:22   Link #155
Lycodrake

Quote:
I'm not talking about a full season focused on them but a couple of ovas or omakes based on that would be funny, entertaining and even a bit helpful into develping better the transition from A's to StrikerS.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd like that too, but it would include Arf and Yuuno, along with Nanoha's parents, so...I doubt they'd do anything like that, since they've demoted those characters to extras or less-than extras.
Old 2012-01-27, 16:25   Link #156
Sunder the Gold

I want the Scrya to return from whatever black hole they fell into, rejoice that Yuuno has actually found friends his own age, and then force him to attend school on Earth to keep a good thing going.

Meanwhile, Zafira joins a local dojo as a karate instructor, and Arf becomes one of his students.

(Hell, if Signum could become a kendo teacher...)
Old 2012-01-27, 16:25   Link #157
Lycodrake

Quote:
I want the Scrya to return from whatever black hole they fell into, rejoice that Yuuno has actually found friends his own age, and then force him to attend school on Earth to keep a good thing going.
Only going to happen in Fanfiction, though. XP
Old 2012-01-27, 16:29   Link #158
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd like that too, but it would include Arf and Yuuno, along with Nanoha's parents, so...I doubt they'd do anything like that, since they've demoted those characters to extras or less-than extras.
I don't see anything worng in including them. Arf is a given since she's still with Fate by that point. The Wolkenritter are also living quasi-normal lives with Hayate too but i thing their focus should be reduced to occasional appearances as they got their fair share of limelight during A's. Nanoha's return as nice support character and even we could have a sub-plot of Noel and Farin as a couple of Badass Maids doing jobs for the Tsukimura family xD. Yuuno of course will appear whenever he have free time from the Infinite Library xD. If the omake is placed on Middle-high school Hayate will join the fun xD.

Awww... i find the idea really apealling.

P.S.- Who i'm trying to fool? I just want to watch Arisa as a fun and snarky Middle-highschooler xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-27, 16:31   Link #159
Lycodrake

Quote:
*snip*
So...a spinoff focusing on Arisa and Suzuka, then?
Old 2012-01-27, 16:33   Link #160
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
So...a spinoff focusing on Arisa and Suzuka, then?
Nah, Arisa is able to steal the camera without the need of being the main character. Also part of the fun is seeing how Nanoha and Fate are dragged into bits of a normal schoolgirl live with her friends.

A Fate + Arisa friendship episode could be amusing xD.

Quote:
(Hell, if Signum could become a kendo teacher...)
According to the A's manga, she was indeed a Kendo teacher(well, more like a Kendo instructor but it's almost the same xD).

~The ASFB~
Closed Thread