AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-31, 19:18   Link #1
vDrag0n

What is the correlation between Kaien and Ichigo?

Just wondering what's the correlation between them. Is ichigo the reincarnation of kaien or is he just a look alike. If ichigo is kaien's reincarnation, wouldn't mean ichigo's hollow is really just the entity of kaien and aizen's hollow merged? To be precise, the apparence of the ichigo-hollow was already in ichigo but instead activated when he was on the verge of death...well, if you compare the pictures of kaein+aizen's hollow with ichigo-hollow in ichigo's subconcious, they look exactly the same...
Old 2005-12-31, 19:53   Link #2
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDrag0n
Just wondering what's the correlation between them. Is ichigo the reincarnation of kaien or is he just a look alike. If ichigo is kaien's reincarnation, wouldn't mean ichigo's hollow is really just the entity of kaien and aizen's hollow merged? To be precise, the apparence of the ichigo-hollow was already in ichigo but instead activated when he was on the verge of death...well, if you compare the pictures of kaein+aizen's hollow with ichigo-hollow in ichigo's subconcious, they look exactly the same...
Well yes...a Hollow entity was apparent in Ichigo beforehand...but I doubt it's due to a Kaien-Hollow hybrid. More than likely the entity was created when Ichigo was trying to escape from the pit during the test to see if he could regain his Shinigami powers. It's only a theory, but that seems to be the most logical and generally recognized one around.

As for a connection between Kaien and Ichigo...personally, I don't think there is any besides for a similarity in appearance. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean that there isn't one...just that I don't think there is one.
Old 2006-01-01, 02:32   Link #3
Eclipze

This is very similar to people's arguements of Naruto looking like the 4th Hokage(naruto).

But then again, both are shounen animes
Old 2006-01-01, 03:32   Link #4
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
Well yes...a Hollow entity was apparent in Ichigo beforehand...but I doubt it's due to a Kaien-Hollow hybrid. More than likely the entity was created when Ichigo was trying to escape from the pit during the test to see if he could regain his Shinigami powers. It's only a theory, but that seems to be the most logical and generally recognized one around.

As for a connection between Kaien and Ichigo...personally, I don't think there is any besides for a similarity in appearance. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean that there isn't one...just that I don't think there is one.
I think it can go either way. But really, I don't think the Shinigami test by Urahara would've been so influential in making Ichigo a shinigami/hollow hybrid..

Though I think it's possible that Urahara might have orchestrated the whole thing in the beginning whether its via reincarnation or giving Ichigo that test.
Old 2006-01-01, 03:47   Link #5
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

its pretty clear that the hollow ichigo is a result of urahara's training.

remember how he had the mask? i think ichigo is the new prototype that can blend soul slayer and hollow power together, and each side has its own personality now.
Old 2006-01-01, 03:54   Link #6
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I suppose that can only mean that we still don't know whether Urahara is truly a good guy or not. He may actually be working with Aizen or maybe even doing some underground by himself.

Though I think that he'll stay a good guy doing shady things just like how he was portrayed so far.
Old 2006-01-01, 04:50   Link #7
Wolfslord

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfslord
Quote:
I suppose that can only mean that we still don't know whether Urahara is truly a good guy or not. He may actually be working with Aizen or maybe even doing some underground by himself.

Though I think that he'll stay a good guy doing shady things just like how he was portrayed so far.
I would go this way, perhaps Urahara knew or thought that to have a chance to defeat Aizen and ruin his plan, he needed someone stronger than a normal Shinigami (if he made Ichigo a hybrid on purpose)
Old 2006-01-01, 06:06   Link #8
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
This is very similar to people's arguements of Naruto looking like the 4th Hokage(naruto).

But then again, both are shounen animes
ummm.......thats his father........and i was wondering something right along those lines with ichigo and kaien......im not goin to speculate im just goin to watch what happens next
Old 2006-01-01, 12:11   Link #9
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDrag0n
well, if you compare the pictures of kaein+aizen's hollow with ichigo-hollow in ichigo's subconcious, they look exactly the same...
I totally disagree with this. They don't look a thing alike to me.

Do you want to post some comparison pics?
Old 2006-01-01, 12:30   Link #10
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

I did'nt go into that theory that Kaien would be Ichigo's reincarnation, and I don't want to...

If it's true, honestly Bleach would be ruined for me

The fact they look alike (appearance and personality) is more than enough as a correlation. In the other side, a relation involving Ichigo's Hollow and Kaien's would lead to some twisted plot...

I really don't see how their Hollows could be related; the time and various dates Aizen mentions in the last eps must be matching Kaien's death/Ichigo's birth and so on, to be enough as a solid theory
Old 2006-01-01, 12:34   Link #11
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
The only noticeable differences between Hollow-Ichigo and Hollow-Kaien, are the eyes, and hair. The rest is all the same such as Voice, and other features.

*Sigh*, there are so many threads like this, why not just make one SUPER BIG thread, or combine all these threads, and Pin it, or make them a Stick or whatever. It's the most talked about anyways.

Ex. -Ichigo is a Re-incarnation of Kaien
-Hollow-Ichigo looks like Hollow Kaien

In essence, aren't these two the same?
Old 2006-01-01, 12:57   Link #12
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

.....not the same.....but we're goin to have to wait some to get an answer to this...
Old 2006-01-01, 14:27   Link #13
Grees
Ehhh

Kaien is Ichigo older dead brother, who is in fact the extramarital child of Isshin and some unknown Las Vegas stripper, he mysteriously disappeared during a summer cruise on the Pacific and was presumed dead, but in reality he was stranded on some beach with amnesia. He got married, have 3 children, a dog and 2 cats in Titusville, Florida USA. He also developed a strange addiction for glue and died at age 39 because of some unknown lung disease.
Old 2006-01-01, 14:30   Link #14
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

.....thats the word on the street.....
Old 2006-01-01, 15:45   Link #15
vDrag0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe
I totally disagree with this. They don't look a thing alike to me.

Do you want to post some comparison pics?
I can't remember the manga chapters, but the picture of ichigo-hollow in his subconsiousness when fighting kenpachi, and flash back of kaien when the aizen's hollow merges with kaien, then saying something on the lines, that their 2 souls are now intertwined or some other bs...
Old 2006-01-01, 16:27   Link #16
Zarifus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
its pretty clear that the hollow ichigo is a result of urahara's training.
I used to believe this too, but the main flaw in this theory is that Hollow-Ichigo 'appeared' BEFORE the pit incident. This was when he fought Renji in the human world. The part where he starts freaking Renji out with the large amounts of energy and the seemingly-random attack pattern (Just like when Ichigo fought Byakuya)
Old 2006-01-01, 16:36   Link #17
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Except that his face is unchanged, and his voice is the same, and he acts nothing like Hollow-Ichigo, and... no. That was just your standard shonen powerup.
Old 2006-01-01, 17:53   Link #18
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangsta905_04
The only noticeable differences between Hollow-Ichigo and Hollow-Kaien, are the eyes, and hair. The rest is all the same such as Voice, and other features.
Hollow-Kaien had no eyes, a pointy tongue, and tentacles shooting out everywhere. His voice was the same as the voice of the hollow before it merged with Kaien. Hollow-Ichigo is just a "negative" version of Ichigo.

If anything, the hollow forms look alike simply because Kaien and Ichigo look alike. Neither of the hollows warp the natural look of them.
Old 2006-01-01, 20:16   Link #19
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas
Except that his face is unchanged, and his voice is the same, and he acts nothing like Hollow-Ichigo, and... no. That was just your standard shonen powerup.
Just for curiosity's sake... what's a non-standard 'shonen' powerup look like...?
Old 2006-01-02, 00:03   Link #20
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Just for curiosity's sake... what's a non-standard 'shonen' powerup look like...?
FEEL MY ROAR! RAWRRRRR!!!!!111
Closed Thread