AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2006-01-03, 03:27   Link #181
gghochu

to the guy above me...i dont know what the heck u talking about but neways...

just saw the movie... horriblily subbed but subbed regardless...
sigh it was ok but not great...weird story with weird new characters...
hated the ending...sigh...movie 2/10

wtf is envy being a dragon???? thought he was in the human form when he was sent across the other gate??
gghochu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 04:12   Link #182
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gghochu
wtf is envy being a dragon???? thought he was in the human form when he was sent across the other gate??
He was initially, but he changed first to Ed's form, then to his 'human' form as Hohenheim's son then finally into the form of the serpent. The Episode 51 thread has plenty more about this...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 04:33   Link #183
Paracelsus

*Paracelsus enters the thread*

The anime rocks, the movie sucks. Another movie is required.

*Paracelsus runs away*
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 00:42   Link #184
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

the anime is great the moive is good enough(could be alot better and could be alot worse),the natzi refences dont bother me any sicne they seem to use the greman millerty/gov as a basis for the alchemy world millerty/gov.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 23:56   Link #185
katsushi

FullMetal Alchmemist Movie on DVD?

Hi, I was just wondering if the Fullmetal Alchemist Movie came out on DVD in Japan yet? Thx^^
katsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 00:19   Link #186
st40611
..Oh dear.

Yes.

Limited Edition.

Normal edititon.
st40611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 01:43   Link #187
bayoab

1) Use search, this already exists in multiple places.
2) If you read the link, it says its not out yet. Jan 25 2006. The limited edition contains english subs.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 11:16   Link #188
Naruto_RNG

hello everyone this is my first post.
the movie really sucked. I was really hoping it would finish in shambala. but I do think they made it possible for another movie if they wanted to. they're gonna use that bomb thing. if the movie didn't make that much money they'll make another one, and this time they're gonna do it right finshing the movie in the shambala.
Naruto_RNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 11:45   Link #189
chaosfox123
Godfather Of Manga

I can't wait to get Full Metal Alchemist on DVD! I guess we'll have to get the Limited Edition one.
chaosfox123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 01:27   Link #190
Soul Slayer

I thought that the movie was well done. They kept true to the concepts that they presented in the series, and the characters were the same albeit a few fillers they threw in and a new enemy. One thing I didn't like about the movie was the fact that they used alchemy to open the gate in our world. I had originally thought that Al was going to use an alchemical means of reaching Ed, and Ed was going to use a mechanical solution.

At any rate I thought the movie did a great job at wrapping up the series. It kept me entertained, and aroused some nostalgia since I started watching FMA nearly two years ago. I'm definately getting the dvd when it comes out.
Soul Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 22:57   Link #191
Yushi

I was very happy that the movie is drawn the same style as the TV series. ^_^
Because in many cases the ova are done so differently that I had difficulty getting used to it. *cough* rurouni kenshin *cough*
Plus the animation was very very smooth, good job on that! ^_^
I too, was quite disappointed in Winry's lack of screentime..... Always thought she was a pretty important character in the TV series but apparantly the producers thought otherwise.
She got to give Ed a hug and his automails back and that was it.... T_T not even a decent goodbye.
I would write more but since I have no clue how to do spoilers tags.... I'll write more when I find out how to do them XD
Oh and one little question, I am not sure if it qualifies as spoilers but beware anyways
when Al was fighting those armor thingys, he injected a small portion of his soul inside them to control them ...but that small portion returns to him eventually right? But after the fight was over, his soul remained in the armor when it returned to Ed's world. @_@ a bit confused there. And he was sleeping in his own world too, so does it mean his soul was still wandering in the armor ....?
hope I didn't confuse anyone. Thanks ^^
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 23:46   Link #192
Carrackus

Send a message via AIM to Carrackus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi
when Al was fighting those armor thingys, he injected a small portion of his soul inside them to control them ...but that small portion returns to him eventually right? But after the fight was over, his soul remained in the armor when it returned to Ed's world. @_@ a bit confused there. And he was sleeping in his own world too, so does it mean his soul was still wandering in the armor ....?
hope I didn't confuse anyone. Thanks ^^
watch that scene again. and watch Al's hand when he is grabbing onto and being pulled off by rose.
Carrackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 10:41   Link #193
Yûyake

I just watch the movie.. Its not as bad as i was thinking it would be after reading some of the post but i was expecting more, since the anime was so good... But must say that i watch it in jap. without subs. and my jap. is not that good, so i did not get all of it! So im quite confuse about some stuf. Got to watch it again !! I was so happy to see those faces again! I miss FMA
Yûyake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 20:44   Link #194
ruchik

i kno its probably been discussed a ridiculous number of times and rebutted, but i really think that the ending of the movie leaves the possibility for either a 2nd season or a second movie. i cant imagine how the directors would leave such an open-ended ending like theyr eleaving to find a bomb, which in itself could be a whole nuther story. that and im sure they kno the fanbase prolly wasnt happy with how winry got the short end of the stick.
ruchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 03:35   Link #195
jpwong

In some cases it's better to have an open ending than one that brings real finality to everything. The fandom likes open endings generally, then they can imagine/write/draw whatever they want to continue their own little stories. Full closure tends to bring a lot of "OMFG what the heck were they smoking when they thought up that ending" type things.

Plus it always helps to have the option to at some later date produce an OVA special episode for the masses.
Old 2006-01-21, 09:40   Link #196
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I have the privilege of watching the movie in a cinema in my home city, and needless to say, I'm pleased with it.

Spoiler:
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 20:31   Link #197
ZippyDSM

Like I said the moive is ok,winry could have had more screen time...a desent end a 2nd moive would be great :3
Old 2006-01-23, 21:14   Link #198
Yûyake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM
Like I said the moive is ok,winry could have had more screen time...a desent end a 2nd moive would be great :3
They leave plenty of room for a second one, i would be suprise if they do so. Hope so also.. I wish they would find a real way out of there! And i agreed with you they didnt give a lot of screen time to Winry neither then Roy and some other that i miss pretty much
Yûyake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 08:19   Link #199
ZippyDSM

Roy was in a pittaful state also didnt look like himself 0-o altho he did have a patch on *L*
I think they might have over did his brooding 0-o
Old 2006-01-28, 14:27   Link #200
Rue

Send a message via AIM to Rue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravi-T
Wow. There's a lot of bad reviews in here.

Let me start by saying that I am a "long time" fan of the Fullmetal Alchemist anime. I've watched the series since it started, and actually, it was the main reason I joined Animesuki forums almost two years ago. Because of all the discussions about it, I mean.

My thoughts about the movie... I thought it was great. Incredible. Above my expectations. Maybe that's because I didn't expect too much? I tried not to overhype it and get too excited about it. I knew what the basic storyline would be and never tried to imagine what my ending of the TV-series would look like. All I wanted and needed was an ending to the series. Because it is my favorite series after all.

Spoiler:

All in all, I was very pleased with the movie. I liked it a lot and it makes me want to rewatch the TV-series again. I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this, but the movie was really good. It's not the details that are important. Who really cares if automail-reinsertion hurts or not? That's not what makes a movie bad. Fans should be less fanatic and more accepting of what they are fans of. And not be hung up on details. This movie gave me closure. Finally, I can rest in peace, knowing that everything turned out alright. Why can't you?

I agree whole-heartedly with you, as I thought the movie was absolutely outstanding. The movie never left me uninterested or bored. I loved how it ended also, except for the fact that Winry was excluded. But I think Winry being excluded meant that Al would do anything just to get back with his brother, even somewhat abandon one of their most dear childhood friends. That makes the whole brotherly love/bond seem so much stronger in my eyes. As Al gave up his entire world just to go and grow up with his only brother, Ed. Maybe you guys forgot why the two main characters are Ed and Al. Winry had always been a side character, even though I really liked her.

This movie also gave me fantastic closure on the series, making me want to watch the entire thing over again, ending it off with the movie. In my mind, this was one of the BEST ways to ever end a series.
Rue is offline   Reply With Quote