AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-04-28, 11:22   Link #61
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Okay let me get more specific here.

Spoiler for To be save again giving some name here . . .:

And yes I'm read the manga.
Just trying to make sure you weren't an anime only viewer looking to get one of the biggest spoilers in the manga xD

As for your theory...it sounds possible but unlikely IMHO.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:27   Link #62
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Okay since you know everything we can just stop using spoilers, this is the spoilers thread after all.

Now back to your question I think that it was indeed Berthold. Like I said so far we have seen that each human will invariably assume a precise and unique form when they become titans, and the colossal titan that attacks the trost district is identical to the colossal titan that attacked Shiganshina. I see no reason to think that they are two different entities.

There is nothing that would make it impossible for Berthold to do that and quickly rejoin the rest taking advantage of the confusion. We know that Berthold was in the area since we see him later.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:32   Link #63
Zantetsuken

I think Reiner and Bertholdt were tricked or blackmailed. What they said before transforming was a dead give away that they don't really want to do those things back then.
Old 2013-04-28, 11:35   Link #64
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
and the colossal titan that attacks the trost district is identical to the colossal titan that attacked Shiganshina. I see no reason to think that they are two different entities.
What about the colossal titan within wall Shina?Doesn't it look like Berthold in titan form?
Old 2013-04-28, 11:37   Link #65
Raviel

Quote:
Okay let me get more specific here.

Spoiler for To be save again giving some name here . . .:

And yes I'm read the manga.
Spoiler for spoilers:
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:38   Link #66
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
What about the colossal titan within wall Shina?Doesn't it look like Berthold in titan form?
Kinda hard to tell........since they kinda don't have skins and only a bit of their faces was shown.
Old 2013-04-28, 11:39   Link #67
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Not really. Apart from the fact it's at least 10 meters shorter he doesn't have those white ligaments around his mouth that Titan Berthold has. But the whole face is different in my opinion.

Old 2013-04-28, 11:42   Link #68
n120cky

I can think couple of reason why they are different entity

1. At Episode 1 Berthold should be still at same age as Eren when colossal titan attack Shiganshina District. I can't image child transform to titan.
2. Why would he destroy Maria wall if he want to return to his vilage.

well this maybe just trolling from author but
3. There is a scene where Berthold see titan out of his window.
Old 2013-04-28, 11:46   Link #69
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
1. At Episode 1 Berthold should be still at same age as Eren when colossal titan attack Shiganshina District. I can't image child transform to titan.
Reiner himself says that they were brats who knew nothing back then.

Quote:
Hinted in one of the later chapters, it's Eren that changed everything. Their original purpose was to destroy the humans on the walled country but if they get Eren that will no longer be necessary. They need to do either of those to return to their village, but Eren didn't awaken if not after the gate of the trost district was destroyed.
The real question is why did they wait 5 years for their second assault.

Quote:
Yeah but how is that related? I can't see why this should make me think that there are two identical colossal titans.

Old 2013-04-28, 11:48   Link #70
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Why?

Quote:
He could have been lying, a cover-story to throw off possible suspicion.

Quote:
Could have been a lie to support the fake backstory.
Or it could have happened but he and Reiner lived in a village outside the walls. We don't know if they really are the last humans on earth.
Old 2013-04-28, 11:53   Link #71
Raviel

@n120cky
We all wish the answers were clear as day but unfortunately the latest chapters have thrown everything we thought we knew out the window.

1. I can't give a good answer to this since my knowledge of the sequence of events is lacking.

2. Reiner and Bertholt's motives are definitely in question now that they've revealed themselves to be Titan shifters. For all we know they could be lying about going back to their village, I mean they wouldn't work so hard to kidnap Eren if all they wanted to do was get back to their hometown.

3. Not really sure about this.

With the way things are now, all we can really do is wait and hope the next chapter will finally give us some solid answers. There's just too little info at the moment to say anything that hasn't already been said.

EDIT: Ninja'ed with better answers
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:54   Link #72
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Not really. Apart from the fact it's at least 10 meters shorter he doesn't have those white ligaments around his mouth that Titan Berthold has. But the whole face is different in my opinion.
Just looked at it again and yeah it's more different from what I remembered and nice point about the 10m difference.

Quote:

well this maybe just trolling from author but

Well about 1 and 3, I wouldn't be surprised if they're older than what they say they are, there's been speculation in the manga thread that Ymir is older than we might think because she could read a language others didn't understand in one of the latest chapters and because of the "Ymir-sama" mention by one of the titans in one of the extra chapters. and I figure 3 could just be the author trolling, the panel illustrates what Berthold is saying but he could be lying,he's nota reliable narrator.
Old 2013-04-28, 11:56   Link #73
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Mind you, Bertholt and Reiner could very well really want to get rid of titans as well...notice that Titans attack Titan-shifters as well as if they were regular humans. Maybe the story that they want to go back to their village isn't so much a lie as it is altered to make it seem less suspicious.
Old 2013-04-28, 11:59   Link #74
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I still think that that flashback wasn't a lie, but there are at least two explanation for that.

And yeah it is quite possible that Reiner and Berthold are older than their companions, at any rate they are significantly taller and bulkier than their peers.
Even then I think that they are at best 2 or 5 years older but no more than that.

Old 2013-04-28, 12:03   Link #75
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
The real question is why did they wait 5 years for their second assault.
Because they were training of course. Just my 2 cookies but I have the feeling they might have really needed the "police cover" for their mission (just deducing that from Bert's speech, assuming he's not a big liar ... he wasn't sweating so we can assume he told the truth, hehe).
Old 2013-04-28, 12:03   Link #76
n120cky

True, that before watching the anime I never doubt it, but after seeing how they deliver the scene when berthold and reiner helping Eren, I lose my faith, but maybe they are good liar . . ., or there is another explanation that we must wait for.
Old 2013-04-28, 12:08   Link #77
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Armored and Colossal Titans they might be...but they alone can't do that much if the army focused their attack on them.....hell, Eren came quite close to landing a lethal blow on Bertholt right after graduating and if Rivaille wanted to seriously end them, they likely wouldn't last long.
Old 2013-04-28, 15:09   Link #78
Flolan

I had the biggest lol reading episode 4 thread. Someone there said regarding episode 5 that "And, here you go Eren. Time to back up all your tough talk next week! " I mean the guy has his very very first battle ever and ends up eaten, definately not the glorious shounen hero we usually meet. *facepalms*
Its gonna be hilarious watching all the reactions next episode is gonna bring.

Oh and i couldnt say this in the episode 4 thread so i'll say it here. They didnt include that forest scene where Marco and the others talked quite a bit. Jean even called Sasha potato girl! so whyyyy.... Its especially a shame as it was the last time we see Marco alive.
Flolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 15:25   Link #79
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolan View Post
I had the biggest lol reading episode 4 thread. Someone there said regarding episode 5 that "And, here you go Eren. Time to back up all your tough talk next week! " I mean the guy has his very very first battle ever and ends up eaten, definately not the glorious shounen hero we usually meet. *facepalms*
Its gonna be hilarious watching all the reactions next episode is gonna bring.

Oh and i couldnt say this in the episode 4 thread so i'll say it here. They didnt include that forest scene where Marco and the others talked quite a bit. Jean even called Sasha potato girl! so whyyyy.... Its especially a shame as it was the last time we see Marco alive.
They are probably going to put it where the scene originally was in the manga, because the scene also had Marco telling Jean that Jean would be a better leader than him.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 15:25   Link #80
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I can't wait to see episode 5...Chapters 4, 6 and 7 are pretty much the chapters I most want to see animated so I can see the anime only viewer's reactions to everyone dying, Mikasa's flashback and the abnormal titan. I just hope they don't censor those episodes too much.

Next week can't come soon enough.