AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-23, 17:45   Link #581
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Just curious what's everyone's favourite first SSJ transformation?

Would that be Goku on planet Namek?

Vegeta alone on a planet in the middle of a meteor shower?

Gohan against SSJ kamehamaeha in the hyperbolic time chamber?

Trunks under the pouring rain amidst a ruined city with Gohans body lying in front of him?
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 17:48   Link #582
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Mine will forever be Goku on planet namek yes. As Tak said, their are just feelings you have towards that scene as a child that you can't place into words --- the kind of experience you'd never want to remove from your life.

SSJ3 Goku's transformation was pretty damn epic as well. Have to give that a mention.
Old 2009-05-23, 19:35   Link #583
GDB

Goku on Namek tied with Trunks in the rain. Both were so emotional. I lean more towards the Trunks one though, since I like Future Gohan more than Krillin.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 19:53   Link #584
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
I'm also going to have to go with Goku transforming into a SSJ on Planet Namek. That moment was just so powerful and dramatic. The situation was just completely hopeless for the Z fighters and Goku had experienced an unprecedented anger within himself due to the permanent loss of his best friend. Goku was quickly losing everything he deeply cared about and this despair had caused the anger within Goku to manifest itself into physical form, which in turn made him become the legendary super saiyan that was prophesized to appear once in a thousand years. Everything about this scene was just so epic and grand for me.
Old 2009-05-23, 21:18   Link #585
itisjustme

Looking back it was so damn obvious it was going to happen, they'd been hyping the Super Saiyan thing for like 60 episodes. As a kid though that scene was still so climatic, I think it's probably the high point of the entire series.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 21:55   Link #586
justavisitor

goku going to SSJ, standing diagonally and look toward freeza

that's just cool

And at the same time the scene that gohan watching SSJ goku from behind...

the back from SSJ goku is also cool, I mean you can sense the tension, the responsibility, and everything at stake are just leaning on goku's shoulder
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 23:38   Link #587
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:

Trunks under the pouring rain amidst a ruined city with Gohans body lying in front of him?
Although it's already a common opinion, I'm also inclined to go with Goku's first transformation on Namek and it helps that it was our first experience with a Super Saiyan and it didn't disappoint in any way. I think the English dub actor for Goku was very good in that scene and he did it the way it was supposed to be done.

A close second that deserves an honorable mention would have to be Gohan's first transformation to SSJ 2 because watching the artistic scene of the death of 16 which pushed young Gohan passed his limit was pretty epic. Gohan walking out of the smoke was amazing as well, he looked intimidating for the first time. (Like father like son )

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2009-05-24 at 00:15.
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 23:46   Link #588
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I totally agree with this, and it's why i get chills just seeing that one shot of SSJ Goku in DBK's ED. I just can't wait to experience it yet again.
But please At least the transformation been in really HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that will may every perfect.
Old 2009-05-24, 00:48   Link #589
rpgman1

Goku's transformation to SSJ on planet Namek is the most dramatic for me, as it reveals the manifestation of the legendary super saiya-jin. Even Vegeta was surprised and then later distraught later when Mirai Trunks arrived with his transformation. That pushed Vegeta into training and achieving SSJ.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 00:58   Link #590
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama

Finally it's out. I think this might just be the opening of the season for me. So much passion.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 01:14   Link #591
GDB

Hmm, after seeing episode 8, I have two complaints.
1) Gohan wearing the kamesennin uniform in one scene, and then a minute later in his next scene wearing the Piccolo-esque outfit. Choppy.
2) I could've sworn the preview last time included Nappa blowing the city up, which wasn't in the episode. Maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly.
Old 2009-05-24, 02:36   Link #592
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Hmm, after seeing episode 8, I have two complaints.
1) Gohan wearing the kamesennin uniform in one scene, and then a minute later in his next scene wearing the Piccolo-esque outfit. Choppy.
2) I could've sworn the preview last time included Nappa blowing the city up, which wasn't in the episode. Maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly.
Yeah, I don't think they showed that in the preview. I finished watching it maybe a day ago but I don't remember seeing that.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 03:35   Link #593
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm also going to have to go with Goku transforming into a SSJ on Planet Namek. That moment was just so powerful and dramatic. The situation was just completely hopeless for the Z fighters and Goku had experienced an unprecedented anger within himself due to the permanent loss of his best friend. Goku was quickly losing everything he deeply cared about and this despair had caused the anger within Goku to manifest itself into physical form, which in turn made him become the legendary super saiyan that was prophesized to appear once in a thousand years. Everything about this scene was just so epic and grand for me.
The only new feature that we'll see in Kai for this scene is the music, and i have high hopes that we won't be let down by not having a very fitting, epic piece. The score hasn't let me down at all yet, so it'll be interesting to hear, along with a few key scenes leading upto that.

& yeah we didn't see Nappa blow up the city in the preview. We only seen them land in the city.
Old 2009-05-24, 06:55   Link #594
Vegard Aune

Quote:

Like just about everyone else, I'd say it's Goku's first transformation on Namek, with Gohan's transformation against Cell in an extremely close second, due to the amazing music in that scene. (If there is one moment where I really wish they'd keep the score from DBZ, this would be it. The Super Saiyan 2-transformation without "Unmei no Hi" just wouldn't be the same.)
Old 2009-05-24, 08:35   Link #595
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
hmm...for me Id say its a toss up between Goku's and future Trunks but leaning towards Trunks one. Both scenes carried similar emotional resonance but the difference between the two would be Gokus was more related to rage while Trunks was encompassed with despair.

Both emotions often meld into each other but Goku's was triggered by the need to exact justice while Trunks was triggered by the lost of hope.

The fact that Trunks had actually been trying to achieve it before, and the realization that he is now not only the last sayain, he is that last z warrior and the last form of resistance in his world (without dragonaballs) with the lifeless, motionless body of Gohan just as cold as the pounding rain upon him was just terribly, terribly lonely...For a thirteen year old to have the physical reality in front of him that he is the only one left...so lonely....
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 10:17   Link #596
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I take it none of you dig Vegeta's transformation for the first time? Because for me, that was a very close second.

On a side note, Jesse Ventura aka Nappa finally landed~ Along with Vegeta. Good good, its happening just as I expected, and no more dealings with filler crap.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 14:11   Link #597
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Yeah, I don't think they showed that in the preview. I finished watching it maybe a day ago but I don't remember seeing that.
Ok, but another thing came to mind. The Z-Warriors never get around to reviving the people Nappa killed, do they? Since they lose the Earth balls after that fight, go to Namek, and then use those to revive their friends... they kind of just forget about the innocents who died.

Speaking of which, why wasn't King Kai revived when they wished back everyone who Cell killed? Either he's been revived before by the Earth Dragon (seems unlikely), or Shenron considered his killed to be Goku.
Old 2009-05-24, 14:14   Link #598
Vicious108

Quote:
Eh they're all great moments in their own ways, but overall my favorite might be Future Trunks'. In the original Japanese version. His screaming and the music made it absolutely unforgettable. Hope they keep that song for Kai, though I have a feeling they won't.

I also particularly enjoyed the way his transformation looked. The process of the hair becoming spiky and golden I mean. It got floaty and glowy for a while before completing the transformation, which looked really cool.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 21:56   Link #599
rpgman1

Each of the saiyans seem to have triggered a specific emotion in order to unleash SSJ form. The only exceptions are Goten and young Trunks since we did not see what emotion triggered the SSJ transformation. Goten's was pretty funny when he fought with Chi Chi and her response to Goten's transformation was hilarious.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 22:15   Link #600
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post

Finally it's out. I think this might just be the opening of the season for me. So much passion.
Altho this season has some great OP that I'm totally loving this just has to take the top spot just cause its Dragonball

but its a great song in its own right and is catchy as hell!

Dokkan Dokkan!

hell even the ED is epic simply cause I can't stop grinning when they say Kamehameha!