AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-04-21, 17:50   Link #61
yongshun

Everyone has to love Rahzel backpack bear and what it does to Alzeid every time Razhel uses it. lol
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 01:17   Link #62
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

I'll have my two cents on Rahzel theory

Spoiler:
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 04:41   Link #63
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So, being capable of reading Japanese (and not being able to find the english volumes at the local Barnes & Noble anyway), I ordered all the available Japanese volumes, 1-10, and marathoned them today. (not entirely throughly, but I got the gist of it)

Spoiler for Volume 10:

Volume 11 won't be out for maybe another 4 or so months. *sob* T.T
Old 2008-04-24, 15:43   Link #64
Ookla The Mok

Shinji, you're going to give LKK severe pains with your volume 10 spoilers. Also, remember that there was a 20-month gap between the publications of volume 8 and volume 9. It's anyone's guess when volume 11 will come out.

Niu, I've been waiting for months to see if anyone would come up with that theory.
Spoiler for more on that theory:
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 15:59   Link #65
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok View Post
Shinji, you're going to give LKK severe pains with your volume 10 spoilers.
No, Shinji's not going to give me severe pains about v10 spoilers because I'm not going to read them. *clenches fist* I will be strong!

@ Shinji: Thank you for labeling your spoilers post so I knew in advance to avoid it. I hope you'll continue to label any more spoilers you write.

@ Niu: I'm going to have to think some more about your Rahzel theory. My first impulse is to disagree with you. But I want to do some research in the books and elsewhere before I make an informed response.
Spoiler for v08 reference & Niu's theory:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 16:06   Link #66
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Shinji, you're going to give LKK severe pains with your volume 10 spoilers. Also, remember that there was a 20-month gap between the publications of volume 8 and volume 9. It's anyone's guess when volume 11 will come out.
What do you think the spoiler tag is for? And I'm basing my guesstimate for the volume 11 release on the length of time between volumes 9 and 10. (iirc this manga had to change publishers sometime ago, after which the current publisher also re-released all the previous volumes under their name, which may explain the gap between volumes 8 and 9)
Old 2008-04-24, 16:25   Link #67
Ookla The Mok

Nope, the publisher change was after volume 3. Volume 9 was originally scheduled to come out in February 2006, and then it got delayed to March 2006 (or something like that...I can't find the exact dates right now), and then it was delayed indefinitely until it finally came out in April 2007.

And the pain you're causing LKK is the urge to look.
Old 2008-04-24, 16:37   Link #68
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Nope, the publisher change was after volume 3. Volume 9 was originally scheduled to come out in February 2006, and then it got delayed to March 2006 (or something like that...I can't find the exact dates right now), and then it was delayed indefinitely until it finally came out in April 2007.

It was only a guess. Either way, it's very unlikely that whatever happened to volume 9 will happen again, so we're still looking at a ~4-5 month wait on 11.

From what LKK said, he doesn't seem to be in any pain over it, lol.
Old 2008-04-24, 17:02   Link #69
Phae

I couldn't resist and marathoned the entire 10 volumes in Japanese a couple of weeks back. And now of course I'm at the edge of my seat waiting for the 11th Vol.

Spoiler for Spoiler for Vol 10:

So of course the first thing I did upon finishing Vol 10 was check the published date and then tried to do math and calculate when the next vol would be out. Anyone reading the actual magazine the chapters are published in?
Phae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 17:25   Link #70
Ookla The Mok

I skim every chapter as Zero-Sum comes out, but my Japanese is quite bad. Also, sometimes there's only half a chapter in the magazine (seriously, it can be as few as six pages, and then the next part is labeled with the same chapter number with a ".5").

There was a great 4-page omake the other month though where Endoh talked about meeting the anime's voice actors and thinking "I want to touch him! (CRIME)" Hopefully that will make it into volume 11.

Did anyone get the Hatenkouyugi Anthology book yet? Also, the artbook comes out tomorrow.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot that in the most recent issue of Zero-Sum there was a Hatenkouyugi drama CD teaser that had about 12 minutes of a drama CD story with Rahzel, Alzeid, and Baroqueheat, and then about 12 minutes of the voice actors just joking around and laughing a lot.

My Japanese listening comprehension is much worse than my reading is, so I can't guess what it was about beyond the three telling each other stories...maybe ghost stories? Anyway it was pretty clear it wasn't from the manga, but it was definitely in character.

(Anyone know what a doorbell sound means in a drama CD though? The first time I heard it I thought it was...well...a doorbell, but then it became clear it must be some kind of standard drama CD shorthand, like a sweatdrop in manga.)
Old 2008-04-24, 17:27   Link #71
LKK

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
From what LKK said, he doesn't seem to be in any pain over it, lol.
I'm flattered at all the concern expressed about my mental health with regards to spoilers. Ookla likes to tease me with his advanced knowledge of Dazzle spoilers. So he knows that after a while, I will give into temptation after a long hard fight. But I shall continue to resist as best I can.

PS to Shinji: I'm a woman although my user name often leads people to think otherwise. Or maybe I somehow sound male when I write?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-04-24, 17:32   Link #72
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Man you guys are so far ahead, and I've been lagging behind in catching up

I suppose I'll have to close one of my eyes now to avoid spoilers *cough*

I still dam myself that I can't read Japanese *sniffs*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 18:56   Link #73
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Quote:
Niu, I've been waiting for months to see if anyone would come up with that theory.
Spoiler for more on that theory:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
@ Niu: I'm going to have to think some more about your Rahzel theory. My first impulse is to disagree with you. But I want to do some research in the books and elsewhere before I make an informed response.
Spoiler for v08 reference & Niu's theory:
Spoiler:

----

Also, speaking of the recent volumes, who think Alzeid is really falling apart? I must say wow, WOW. He is such a dumbass after his "cool" mask got completly pulled down. And how he got treated like a man-servant in recent volume is just sad. And geeish, and I was thinking he might finally grow up after the whole incident with Rayborn. Instead, he is even more of a kid now.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 20:08   Link #74
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niu View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for my Rahzel theory:

Old 2008-04-24, 20:42   Link #75
Ookla The Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niu View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Niu's theory, volume 8:

Last edited by Ookla The Mok; 2008-04-25 at 12:25. Reason: Hiding spoiler better, to be sure
Old 2008-04-24, 21:02   Link #76
LKK

*sigh* I should not have opened the spoiler boxes in Ookla's post. My accidental bad. I wasn't being careful.

Old 2008-04-25, 00:37   Link #77
Ookla The Mok

I didn't spoil anything beyond volume 8. (I think.) Anything else was (and is) speculation.
Spoiler for volume 8:

Last edited by Ookla The Mok; 2008-04-25 at 00:47.
Old 2008-04-25, 08:50   Link #78
LKK

Quote:
I didn't spoil anything beyond volume 8. (I think.) Anything else was (and is) speculation.
Spoiler for volume 8:
My apologies then. I didn't think you were speculating. I thought you were speaking from what you know about v9 and beyond. Your speculations sounded like fact to me. However, what you said in this post's second spoiler box is true. That information has not been revealed as of v08.

Old 2008-04-25, 09:41   Link #79
Phae

Quote:
Oh, I forgot that in the most recent issue of Zero-Sum there was a Hatenkouyugi drama CD teaser that had about 12 minutes of a drama CD story with Rahzel, Alzeid, and Baroqueheat, and then about 12 minutes of the voice actors just joking around and laughing a lot.

My Japanese listening comprehension is much worse than my reading is, so I can't guess what it was about beyond the three telling each other stories...maybe ghost stories? Anyway it was pretty clear it wasn't from the manga, but it was definitely in character.

(Anyone know what a doorbell sound means in a drama CD though? The first time I heard it I thought it was...well...a doorbell, but then it became clear it must be some kind of standard drama CD shorthand, like a sweatdrop in manga.)
I want that drama cd!!! My Japanese listening is as good as my reading I think so I'd prob. have about 90% comprehension. At least I was able to understand Marimite and Ghost Hunt drama cds.. so I would be able to understand them. *sigh* why don't I live in Japan??

Spoiler for re Niu's theory:
Phae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 11:40   Link #80
Ookla The Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phae View Post
Spoiler for re Niu's theory:
Spoiler for Volume 8:

Tags
adventure, shoujo