AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-12-03, 01:58   Link #661
zero7090

i change the question a litle bit "Can a flame hazes and tomogara have children ?"
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 02:18   Link #662
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Why not? Flame hazes are still physically humans. However, Tomogara probably can't but that's cuz i haven't seen any who does. Besides some tomogara like Annaberg is made entirely out of iron and gas so he probably can't.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 03:39   Link #663
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
What's a tomomaya?
Easy. A Tomagara who eats torches off of the Mayans in the 1200s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
i change the question a litle bit "Can a flame hazes and tomogara have children ?"
Yes, because Flame Hazes, although they are technically shells, still contain all the human systems, including the reproductive systems. Denizens, however, are not human, and whether or not they can have children depends on the systems they have on their bodies. So far, we will give this answer a no since we don't know if any Denizens contain reproductive systems.

After all: even Shana will get insecure about this matter really soon.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 03:44   Link #664
Lelouch
Phaeton

Quote:
can anyone confirm me one matter ? : " Can a tomogara have children ?"
hmmm are you thinking that if a tomogara/flame haze and a human have a children, that child will be living as a torch and as such their existence is denied. But somehow said tomogara conveniently have a Reiji Maigo that he killed many people to track down and then placed it inside his son, who also conveniently ingerited some of his powers ?
Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 03:54   Link #665
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This subject didn't have much pertinence for the episode 9, so I moved the posts over here

now as for the question, Torch, Flame Haze, Tomogara, etc are only existences, which can materialize due the PoE.
Aside of this, they don't have any true physical (in a sense of material, solid) trait, and so it is very unlikely that "children" can be procreated, especially that such thing require the creation of a existence from scratches.
Old 2007-12-03, 11:11   Link #666
Paul
Bakka Baka!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
This subject didn't have much pertinence for the episode 9, so I moved the posts over here

now as for the question, Torch, Flame Haze, Tomogara, etc are only existences, which can materialize due the PoE.
Aside of this, they don't have any true physical (in a sense of material, solid) trait, and so it is very unlikely that "children" can be procreated, especially that such thing require the creation of a existence from scratches.
Hey, theres always adoption!
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 02:59   Link #667
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Hey, theres always adoption!
Somehow my mind just pops up a situation of a character who's in that situation, existence modified and tries to find the truth of his real existence.

Nvm me, just ranting.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 04:41   Link #668
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Somehow my mind just pops up a situation of a character who's in that situation, existence modified and tries to find the truth of his real existence.

Nvm me, just ranting.
It's not really that farfetched, and really, it's similar to what I came up with. From what I understand, a Tomogara could take over the existence of another human, as Shana did with Hirai Yukari. Say Silver became injured in battle and needed to recuperate for a short time, so he swallowed the existence of Sakai-san and barged into it. (Perhaps he fell in love with Sakai Chigusa?)

In possession of the Reiji Maigo, he had a child with Chigusa and replaced his son Yuuji with a Torch when the time came for him to leave and stored the prized treasure in it, placing a Keeper spell on the newly-formed Mystes so when and if he needed it, he could return – incognito as Sakai-san – and retrieve it without anyone being the wiser.

Granted, he probably wouldn't have figured that a Flame Haze – let alone two, one of which is romantically involved with Yuuji and the other who has a grudge against – would have found the Mystes and stuck around long enough to deduce the identity of the Hougou inside. Could be quite interesting if true, and it explains the silver flames that seem to identify Yuuji's existence.
VRMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 11:29   Link #669
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Here's a good question: Why is Sakai Kantarou placed in the position he's placed?
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 11:51   Link #670
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
The Tomogara that Shana utilized in seeing Konoe's true origin was commented in being a newborn.

I think a Guze King residing within a female Flame Haze could use some sort of Guze version of nensha/psychic photography to imprint his genetics into the womb of the female Flame Haze, bringing her to fertility. (The idea came from the old Ringu novels and the movies if anyone has ever read or seen them.)

Now the union between a Guze Queen and a male Flame Haze seems near to impossible.

Probably wouldn't expect Pheles and Johan (Union between a Guze Queen and a male Mystes) to have children anyways.
lua thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 22:59   Link #671
zerosN1s
just a collection of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
he's not placed anywhere yet? it's safe to presume he'll be right over Chigusa though, in which case the reason for his placement is obvious.

a good question(s) for that chart for someone that can fully understand it is why is:
  • the arrow between Chigusa and Yuji <---> and the one between Shana and Wilhelmina only one-sided (<--- )?
  • The arrow between Shana and Yuji a single <---> arrow while between Yuki and Kazumi two (<---) but same color arrows? (a similiar scheme is between Eita and Ogata but different colored, which we can assume is out of date because of what Marjorie said not too many episodes back).
  • the arrow going from Wilhelmina --> Shana the same as Yuri --> Marjorie? It's one thing if it was Wilhemina --> Shana and Marjorie --> Yuri, but it is the opposite direction
  • the meaning of the gray arrows?

i hope that wasn't confusing >_>

edit: The gray arrow relationship seems to be "Person1" --> "Person that Person1 is loyal to" That was made more clear in the season 1 relational chart. though Sydonay and his relation with the twins seems off then by that. Hecate and Sydonay too.
zerosN1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 06:38   Link #672
cnnydz
Feed me

wow, so many missing from the bal masque. i am guessing this season will end around vol 14 then.
hint: in the op - Ike, Yoshida, Christmas.. and shana, yoshida, park
cnnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 20:20   Link #673
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

It's actually possible if they know how to manipulate biological elements needed to create a corporeal form of organic matter. From there, they could shape themselves into an organic being that can perform the biological functions.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-12-16 at 20:45. Reason: Prevent off-topic diversion...
DX HBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 21:41   Link #674
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Can someone translate the label at the top of the box where Sakai Kantarou is placed? The other two figures in the group are tomogara, which is really weird.

The placement does seem *very* strange; Shana also said something about how the elder Sakai was skilled at tailing people, and was able to avoid her initial attack. Does anyone know what Sakai-san's job is supposed to be?
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 22:04   Link #675
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
Can someone translate the label at the top of the box where Sakai Kantarou is placed? The other two figures in the group are tomogara, which is really weird.

The placement does seem *very* strange; Shana also said something about how the elder Sakai was skilled at tailing people, and was able to avoid her initial attack. Does anyone know what Sakai-san's job is supposed to be?
that's...not Kantarou. that's Kasha, the Tomogara Shana disposed of back in episode 3. and the label above the box containing him and the other villains is of course Guze no Tomogara/denizens of the crimson realm.

look for Kantarou to appear in the slot above Chigusa (whenever they get around to updating)
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 22:36   Link #676
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
that's...not Kantarou. that's Kasha, the Tomogara Shana disposed of back in episode 3. and the label above the box containing him and the other villains is of course Guze no Tomogara/denizens of the crimson realm.

look for Kantarou to appear in the slot above Chigusa (whenever they get around to updating)
Ack! Thanks for pointing out the mistake. That was a pretty bad goof on my part.

I'm still curious as to what exactly Yuji's pops does for a living, though.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 00:24   Link #677
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
They will probably update after the series is "done" with Kantaro, to prevent spoiling.

This was the same with Yuri and Anna Berg. They didn't update until after Margery reveals what happened to them.
Wait... Margery was telling the story... so why does she know what happened to Yuri/Anna Berg and anything from the other's point of views...?
Yeah, I know. Those parts aren't Margery telling the story, but something for the viewers... -_-

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 09:09   Link #678
Devard

Quote:
that's...not Kantarou. that's Kasha, the Tomogara Shana disposed of back in episode 3.
Hahaha. I looked all over for Kantarou on that page and I thought minhtam2448 was being sarcastic and was implying that Kantarou wasn't important enough of a person to be included.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 09:23   Link #679
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Kantarou works overseas, though, the specific occupation is unknown. I guess it's in the business sector or some sort of geographic land surveying. The Shana movie mentioned about him being in the Gobi Desert.
DX HBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 14:07   Link #680
purplerose_04

After watching season 1 and season 2... i still uncertain about Yuji feeling.. it seems that he doesn't know it himself.. when Yoshida asked whether or not should she wait for him.., if he liked Shana shouldn't he rejected her already? it seems like he pulling on both legs which kinda pissed me off...I know shana are somewhat together.. but yuji seems so uncertain that it annoyed me.. or does he only care that she is his friend.. well.. we will find out after shana confessed rite.. it just annoyed me that he pulls on both legs..
purplerose_04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural