Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-09-17, 22:28   Link #21
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post

I think the new suit alone definitely falls into the "what is this, I don't even" territory.
I saw the film artwork of it, this is the stripped down core body without the armor.
Normally he has silver armor over this black part.

Basically, this is a picture of a naked Robocop.
Old 2012-09-17, 22:28   Link #22
james0246

^Wasn't the Robocop supposed to be the first of a line of super cops? Also, isn't this simply the basic suit without armor? Whatever the case, I do not mind the design...except for the one real hand. Why would someone design a suit that has one "real" hand? Or, even worse, something that lacks symmetry?

Edit: ninjad by aoihige
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 22:29   Link #23
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Wasn't the Robocop supposed to be the first of a line of super cops? Whatever the case, I do not mind the design...except for the one real hand. Why would someone design a suit that has one "real" hand? Or, even worse, something that lacks symmetry?
You have to reveal weak points for the badguys(tm) to shoot at. Namely the chin and that hand!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 22:30   Link #24
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
^Wasn't the Robocop supposed to be the first of a line of super cops? Also, isn't this simply the basic suit without armor? Whatever the case, I do not mind the design...except for the one real hand. Why would someone design a suit that has one "real" hand? Or, even worse, something that lacks symmetry?

Edit: ninjad by aoihige
There might be a CG weaponry on the right hand, or missing entirely with usage of CG.
Old 2012-09-17, 23:04   Link #25
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I heard that the movie may show the new Robocop have upgrades.

Don't know what that means.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 00:52   Link #26
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I have no problem with the new look since this is version of Robocop has to look like it was made during this era not the 1980's.

Since the director is the man who made the Brazilian "The Elite Squad" movies, i expect lots of action and cops vs criminals fights.
Old 2012-09-18, 03:29   Link #27
Foustus

Lol, I didn't even know that there's gonna be a new robocop movie.
Old 2012-09-18, 03:59   Link #28
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I heard that the movie may show the new Robocop have upgrades.

Don't know what that means.
What I heard through the grapevine (or at least how I understood the rumors) is that Robocop might receive upgrades during the movie (yes, power-ups, if you will) - which means that the recently released/leaked picture might not be showing the final armor, but a prototype/intermediary model.

Or just read aohige's previous posts above.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-09-18 at 09:17. Reason: There was a missing "not"
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 04:15   Link #29
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Will if the robot body replaces most of his regular body, that it wouldn't need to be as bulky as it was originally...less fleshy parts to go over.
In the first movie his whole body was replaced. Only his brain was left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
WTF are they going to turn Robocop into a ninja?
Actually, Robocop was fighting ninja robots in Robocop 3

Quote:
Why would someone design a suit that has one "real" hand?
Yeah I don't get that hand either. How is the natural hand supposed to handle the power in his robot arm? What f he needs to grapple with another robot or something?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 05:00   Link #30
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

It doesn't look "iconic" sure, but as a design it doesn't really look bad, and in fact I like how sleek it looks. I just think it needs more shiny chrome.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 05:53   Link #31
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
You have to reveal weak points for the badguys(tm) to shoot at. Namely the chin and that hand!
its probably related to his injuries, which arm did he lost again? my memory's a little fuzzy..... also the exposed chin doesn't count cuz it is shown in the original movies that he had a Terminator-esque robotic skull, so to the genius villians out there who targeted that part, sorry he ain't gonna feel a thing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It doesn't look "iconic" sure, but as a design it doesn't really look bad, and in fact I like how sleek it looks. I just think it needs more shiny chrome.
didn't somebody already pointed out that the black suit just his naked base body without the trademark shiny titanium armor? he probably only wears them during his missions
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 05:59   Link #32
HasuMasu
*Artist

Looks more like a suit than his body being replaced, still, I've yet to see the thing in its entireity so I'll hold judgement on weather I like the new look or not.

Someone has already mentioned this but...Batman, yeah.
Old 2012-09-18, 09:39   Link #33
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
i say it's... refreshing

and Jose Padila will make sure of it!

Interview with Coming Soon, new RoboCop director Jose Padilha speaks to what ground his take on the American action classic will cover. Though many find the idea of remaking RoboCop borderline sacrilege, in the interview, he shares that he is tackling an aspect that many fans might not have a problem with. At least, I don’t.

Rather than follow Murphy as RoboCop after the whole OCP debacle, or run this installment off in some parallel universe, Padilha has said that the film will focus on a very particular area that the first film glossed over:

In the first RoboCop when Alex Murphy is shot, gunned down, then you see some hospitals and stuff and then you cut to him as RoboCop. My movie is between those two cuts. How do you make RoboCop? How do you slowly bring a guy to be a robot? How do you actually take humanity out of someone and how do you program a brain, so to speak, and how does that affect an individual?”

http://www.screenjunkies.com/movies/...bocop-is-made/
Sounds like this guy saw one to many Borg episodes of Star Trek!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 10:10   Link #34
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You might call me blasphemers for this, but I do prefer Robocop than Ironman. To me, Robo is a cooler character than Ironman. Despite being unable to fly (that jetpack in the 3rd movie doesn't count) and quite slow, the moment he pulls that gun out of his leg, all hells break loose! Robocop and his gun is the very definition of badass!

Like some wise posters before me said, that thing on the photo is clearly not the finished look of Robo. Thus, I’ll reserve my judgement until the real thing shows up.
Old 2012-09-18, 10:23   Link #35
Shay
Monarch Programmer

This is bad....

Robocop is one of the best movies ever made. I used to love watching this movie late at night when I was kid.

Robocop was one of the movies I grew up to and is perfect as it is. I will definitely make sure my little boy watches the original before this crap that's for sure.

Same with, Predator, Alien, The Thing, and Clash of the Titans to name but a few. Classics movies which may be overlooked by our future generations due to these crappy 'money making' re-makes!

If it isn’t broke, don't fix it!

Sorry, but that is how I feel.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 10:29   Link #36
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Modes of transport :-

He can ride a bike now. That proves this will be a more agile and flexible model compare to his predecessor. Opening will be on August 9th, 2013.

More Photoes
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 10:32   Link #37
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
If it isn’t broke, don't fix it!

Sorry, but that is how I feel.
Shay, Robocop (as a franchise) is indeed broken though. The 2nd movie is a commercial failure & the 3rd movie is simply terrible (Just like pre-Nolan Batman franchise).

I adore the original just like you, but I'm willing to give this remake/reboot a chance.
Old 2012-09-18, 11:39   Link #38
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I somehow recall that in the creatio scenes one of the scientists/doctors said they could save one of his hands. He got a weird look form the project team lead if I recall. Of course that was also the sequence that had him wake up during their Christmas party with the drunk staffers.
Old 2012-09-18, 11:45   Link #39
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
WTF are they going to turn Robocop into a ninja?
They've come close enough...

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 12:03   Link #40
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Interestingly, Robocop is probably the only movie I know of that is set in Detroit.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote