AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-20, 02:23   Link #21
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Yeah, she's really something. Probably the most distinct out of the whole cast.
Chinatsu has the deepest voice out of the four, while Asumi has the highest pitch. They are both distinctive in their own ways but naturally Chinatsu's deeper voice suits the songs here much better than the other 3 so she did good here. Unfortunately Maaya and Sumipe's voice seems to mash together making it hard to tell them apart in Inside Identity and I think the problem is either neither of them managed to sing in character too much or that we don't get to hear Rikka's excited voice much (since in the series her tone is usually stoic) thus making it especially hard to tell the two apart. Also I think Part A of the song is suppose to feature Maaya/Sumipe more prominently together where Part B is Chinatsu and Asumi's turn, but Part B has a much bigger contrast in vocal tone (the deepest pitch against the highest pitch) so it just worked out better. Also fast and heavy beat songs had never been Asumi's strong fort due to her distinct frail voice thus this puts Chinatsu in even better light.

Outsider though it was much easier to tell the Maaya/Sumipe apart as Sumipe was able to channel more of the distinctive Dekomori voice here.
Old 2012-11-21, 12:46   Link #22
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Found a couple of simple interviews with Sumipe that's officially translated into English amongst other languages. (1 and 2), she talks about Deko-chan in one of them, not something out of the ordinary. However in another what caught my eye is that she made an acute observation that the Japanese has a strong underlying tendency to ignore the rest of the world and it seems only the Japanese people themselves are unaware of the interest the rest of the world has with Japan (and from my own experience and I'm sure most of you would feel this as well that both of these are absolutely true). She's definitely intelligent and isn't your average idol seiyuu. Such a young Japanese person being internationally switched on is quite a rare feat in itself, let alone finding one amongst seiyuu. My respect for her had just jumped two notches.
Old 2012-11-21, 13:19   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

She definitely sounds like a smart young lady. I was unaware of her deep love for Russia - that in itself is quite uncommon as well. I can only agree with her view of Japan's relationship with the rest of the world. It would be great if they could open up a bit more...
Old 2012-11-21, 13:52   Link #24
rulfo

I thought Maaya Uchida was a pretty face but Sumire Uesaka is really pretty. I think I'm falling for her.

Anyway she's really doing a great job in voicing Dekomori.
Old 2012-11-28, 01:24   Link #25
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

More interesting links from houkoholic. Uesaka Sumire: pretty, smart, well-dressed, quietly opinionated. Likes tanks and the Soviet Union. Dangerous in many ways....

I loved seeing this brief video on Nico of her doing Dekomori's voice live. (Is there any way to embed Nico videos on AnimeSuki?)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-11-28, 11:40   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I loved seeing this brief video on Nico of her doing Dekomori's voice live. (Is there any way to embed Nico videos on AnimeSuki?)
There is one: [nico]code of the vid[/nico]
Which gives you this:

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Nice vid ~DEATH
Old 2012-11-28, 11:48   Link #27
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

"nise mori summer"

Don't call me that!!!

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-28, 12:03   Link #28
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Nice vid ~DEATH
real life person person speaking in anime voice is kinda horrifying

Old 2012-12-07, 19:12   Link #29
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Uchida Maaya (Rikka) has just been announced as the voice of Spica, a new character in the Japanese version of the online game Pangya. You can link to voice samples from this page. Click the banner on the character herself, then click the two "voice sample" buttons.

Mayayan has clearly picked up something from acting with Uesaka Sumire in Chuunibyou: there are definite similarities between Spica's voice and Dekomori's.

I think Mayayan is a pretty good voice actress, but her physical appearance does have something to do with her rising popularity:
Images
Uchida Maaya
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-12-14, 00:31   Link #30
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

From the official Chuunibyou twitter account, apparently the February 2013 (released on 26th December) issue of Spoon, a female fashion magazine, will feature Dekomori on the cover with a Uesaka Sumire special feature inside. What's more interesting was that it was the magazine side which asked for this feature.

I think this reflects on how the characters and seiyuu appeal to the different sexes.
Old 2012-12-14, 00:34   Link #31
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I guess Fukuyama Jun is definitely experienced enough to have pulled it off, but I really have to give him props for his outburst in episode 11. I was really impressed and it might be one of my favorite scenes in the show so far.
Old 2012-12-15, 11:04   Link #32
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

In the most recent Chuunibyou Radio nicodouga livecast they showed part of the PV of INSIDE IDENTITY and some kind soul had crop out just the PV section.

So in the end to make the PV they had a budget of 1 million yen, which the cast won from the various games and challenges from the previous livecast, and they also include some of the ideas proposed by the seiyuu themselves during the past (IIRC the 3rd) livecast. Having a battle was a popular idea and sure enough they have it here between Chinatsu (Shinka) and Sumipe (Dekomori), the transitions between the real world and imaginary world battle is a nice nod to the anime too. Anyway see for yourselves, enjoy.

EDIT: The PV is self-produced by the cast and a DVD of the full version plus making of footage will go on sale at Winter Comiket
EDIT2: Have to say I'm greatly amused by the return of Sumipe's DFM costume

NicoNico

Last edited by houkoholic; 2012-12-15 at 13:28.
Old 2012-12-15, 13:16   Link #33
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

That was quite entertaining to view, would love to see that full version...
Thanks for sharing that houkohlic.
Old 2012-12-20, 12:26   Link #34
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Cast comments after the final episode:

Message from Jun Fukuyama:
Quote:
Originally Posted by To Yuuta
Oy! Yuuta! Don't you dare let that Dark Flame Master side of you gradually come out! You got that?! Well, it's real power is to win over Rikka, so it's alright! (heh heh) But it doesn't have any magical powers... it's definitely....a virgin power!! (heh heh)
Quote:
Originally Posted by To the viewers
Things can appear at any time without any notice from the beginning until the end. Though some knowledge may be meeting the end, young hearts and minds are also meeting. It's not an end; it's truly a beginning. The beginnings of the end have not yet spun, so there is still hope. After destruction, there is always creation. Heavenly children, wait until the promised day and hope!
Message from Maaya Uchida:
Quote:
Originally Posted by To Rikka
RIKKA!! I love you Rikka!

Until now, I've voiced you. Each of your phrases has become something I've treasured. Thank you so much. I really love you! I want us to stay together!♪
Quote:
Our three month period has safely been terminated. It's been a loving work, characters, staff, and all the fans who loved chuunibyou. I think this show is filled with love. I'm so happy everyone fell in love with Rikka as well. I thank everyone watching/involved in this show very much!
Message from Chinatsu Akasaki:
Quote:
Originally Posted by To Shinka
Shinka, please be careful leaving information on blogs on the internet. (ha ha)

You were supposed to have a rose-colored high school life, but that changed greatly once your dark history was revealed. You were supposed to have many people wanting you as their bride due to your helpfulness and thoughtfulness!

There's still more to do as you're now in the "motherly" role for everyone(?). Keep at it!
Quote:
Firstly, thank you for watching us! All of a sudden we've reached the 12th episode. It's all concentrated into highlights for me! Definitely re-watch the episodes again and see the direction the show took. Also, please watch the BD/DVDs! I will also watch closely since I was also tweeting during my initial viewing of the show!
Message from Azumi Asakura:
Quote:
Originally Posted by To Kumin
Usually you're laidback with a carefree smile, but at times, you're very sensitive to the important things going on. You should learn more about that. Please take care of that kindness, my "goes at her own pace" Kumin-chan. ♪
Quote:
I'm happy you enjoyed this "chuunibyou but not chuunibyou" show. ♪ Everyone was different and had their own phrases, yet all were able to share happiness in that world.

...That was a somewhat sober comment... My soulmates! We shall meet again on blu-ray! This is kharma from our previous existances! Please remember me kindly. (heh)
Message from Sumire Uesaka:
Quote:
Originally Posted by To Sanae
Deko-chan! No, the first servant of the Wicked eye, Sanae Dekomori! No one can resist loving how you put all your energy into acting as her servant and frolicking around!

There have been numerous instances where concentrating on your dark powers has resonated inside myself. It was incredibly fun and stimulating to perform as you. When you let your hair down, it was lovely and made you look like an adult, but the Mjölnir Hammer twintails suit Deko-chan the best! As long as you have powers of darkness, swing them around! Please continue to be my cute and cheeky friend after this! Gehehehe!
Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen....
To the the people with eyes who were destined to view harshness and minced brains....
To the people who have no state due to tabula rasa....
I usher you near my chest, my precious brethren...
into a demiseless blue dance,
with shared time,
I shall lead you to an eternity dream in eden!

(Thank you to everyone who continued to watch until the very end! The blu-rays are loaded with bonus footage for you to repeat over and over again!)

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-12-20, 13:46   Link #35
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

No offence to ultimatemegax but I'm going to take my shot at Sumipe's message because I feel some sentences didn't come out correctly:

諸君……
My colleagues
峻烈なる運命の系譜をその眼に、その脳髄に刻み記した者たちよ………
To those whom have witness the unfolding of the harsh destiny with their own eyes and have those memories ingrained in their brain
諸君は今やタブラ・ラサの存在ではない。
My colleagues, you no longer exists in a tabula rasa state (latin word meaning "a blank state")
我等が貴き同胞として、この胸に迎え入れん…
As one of your fellows, I welcome you into my bosom
終焉なきは蒼き輪舞、
This endless blue dance,
分かち合うはただ此の時、
I shall only share this moment for once,
導かれよ、華胥にして永遠の夢へーーー
and lead you into the eternal dream of Eden

Only Fukuyama Jun and Sumipe had taken the time to get into the whole chuunibyou mode to write their message and thus the word usage for their messages are difficult to translate, this is especially true of Sumipe's message. More kudos to them for appearing to be genuinely enjoying their role in this series.
Old 2012-12-20, 16:12   Link #36
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
No offence to ultimatemegax but I'm going to take my shot at Sumipe's message because I feel some sentences didn't come out correctly:

諸君……
My colleagues
峻烈なる運命の系譜をその眼に、その脳髄に刻み記した者たちよ………
To those whom have witness the unfolding of the harsh destiny with their own eyes and have those memories ingrained in their brain
諸君は今やタブラ・ラサの存在ではない。
My colleagues, you no longer exists in a tabula rasa state (latin word meaning "a blank state")
我等が貴き同胞として、この胸に迎え入れん…
As one of your fellows, I welcome you into my bosom
終焉なきは蒼き輪舞、
This endless blue dance,
分かち合うはただ此の時、
I shall only share this moment for once,
導かれよ、華胥にして永遠の夢へーーー
and lead you into the eternal dream of Eden

Only Fukuyama Jun and Sumipe had taken the time to get into the whole chuunibyou mode to write their message and thus the word usage for their messages are difficult to translate, this is especially true of Sumipe's message. More kudos to them for appearing to be genuinely enjoying their role in this series.
No offense taken. Chuuni-speak is challenging and I had difficulties with Sumipe's in particular. Thanks for providing a better TL.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-12-22, 02:35   Link #37
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Sumipe and Dekomori shares so much in common (smart, rich, pretty, chuuni) one has to wonder if Kyoani actually based Dekomori's character on Sumipe to begin with. So in celebration of the appearance of ojousama-Dekomori here are some rare pictures of ojousama-Sumipe, I'd say you get the same extreme contrasts you get with the two sides of Dekomori.

Images

It's hard to picture this girl talking enthusiastically about tanks, Soviet Russia, KGB, Stalin and singing Katyusha in Russian.
Old 2012-12-22, 11:22   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't know she was rich as well. She is definitely the real life Dekomori.

Yep, I stand by what I said earlier. Sumipe is very pretty even in casual clothings.
Old 2012-12-28, 02:05   Link #39
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

The 6th livecast had Fukuyama Jun as guest, it's still available on nicodouga for those who wants to watch it.

All the seiyuu fans seems to be focusing on the yuri moment between Chinatsu and Sumipe, a nice touch for Shinka x Sanae fans maybe?

NicoNico
Old 2012-12-28, 20:56   Link #40
matteas
Member Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't know she was rich as well. She is definitely the real life Dekomori.

Yep, I stand by what I said earlier. Sumipe is very pretty even in casual clothings.
When you scroll down, you will find some pics from Uesaka's house in Kanagawa. It's huge inside, outside and it gives off the 'we-are-rich' feeling XD http://rakusyasa.blog41.fc2.com/blog-entry-5376.html
Closed Thread