AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 48
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 13 22.03%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 13 22.03%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 8 13.56%
7 out of 10: Good... 9 15.25%
6 out of 10: Average... 4 6.78%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 5 8.47%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 1.69%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 3 5.08%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 3 5.08%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-17, 18:35   Link #81
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Diva: *silent salute*
Obright: *salute* You sir, were a hero.
Fram: Errr, *nods a little* I really just feel pity for that woman.
Leil: *confused look*
Zeheart: *salute* Turning him back into a human being and having him atone for his crimes at the same time? Not bad. I don't mind that the battle lasted as short as it did.

I will remember this as the last time I will ever see this sequence of events:

Zeheart: "ASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM!"
Asem: "ZEHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART!"

I think there was some other guy that died. I don't even remember.

No I don't mean Zanald. That outcome was exactly as expected.
You know there was that other guy in Seric's team...can't really remember his name. Cannon fodder #2 or something .

May be a farewell to Zeheart, but at least they got their fill of saying each other's name before the end . Can say if they were going to shorten either the fight or that scene after I'm glad they did it this way. A solid farewell between two friends.
Old 2012-09-17, 22:25   Link #82
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
Dude learn some grammar, my head hurts.
huh geez i'm saying whole PG-age series is really no good how treat the women in it really this series bunch of woman HATERS.

really give it all one keep get more screwed are the women give yea so wanting next gundam series main lead be a FEMALE so we see a different point of view.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 22:46   Link #83
X207
Gamyūsa

[QUOTE=SoldierOfDarkness;4357184]
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
lol the classic shoot em up and kill thousands of people ending. Zeheart going off the deep end and going DESTINY is lame. i do miss Fram even though she had the target on her beack for a long time. dont know what to way about Zeheart's death aside from rushed. i was hoping Zeheart would adopt a modified plan eden ie let both sides live in peace and let their generations create a better world.

Despite the fact it seemed that the Vagan people in general were hardcore Ezcelant followers to begin with and now they're scared of death....

He's been hating the Vagans since they wiped out his family and colony.

That and the Vagans haven't been doing anything that shows they could be reasoned with.

I mean when Algerus stated that it would be ridiculous for the Vagans to open fire with their cannon and kill their own allies just to take out the Gundams and the Diva what did Flit say"
"They're Vagans!,"

And what happened? The Vagans actually fired the cannon, wiping out a good portion of their ships for only 5 Federation ships that weren't the main targets....on that matter what were those ships still doing in the LOF?

How they are going to end this peacefully is anybody's guess. The cannon will have to be taken off from the colony but the Federation will have to do something that gains the Vagan peoples' trust.
the Vagans arent probably familiar with what plan Eden actually means to implement nor does it seem to be an option as most of those in on it are dead or near death. the Vagans are humans also so they do desire peace in some form. genocide of both current Earth and Vagan might not be for everyone. some may still be swept up in the enthusiasm until they die though not all will agree. im guessing most Vagans think plan eden is to resettle Earth with a minimised federation presense.

if im correct this was has been going on for close to 70 years. which is a wonder that AGE1 is still in commision. that aside a society constantly at war will breed discontent for constant death and battles. they may not achieve a fair settlement of war immediately but they can atleast decide on a truce that can lead to a treaty/agrrement to cease hostilities. if i was at war for 70yrs id be tired of it. some people wouldnt mind a temporary pause in a war. im interested to see how the federation will make steps to put Vagans at ease. i dont dare predict how as the storyline is unstable at best of times. just even killing all those people in ep 48 wasn't on my radar.

i know it may seem an idealistic view given the result is what the story producers decide on but its a realistic approach. im sure the 100 year war between France and England had its moments where people just wanted to be free of war and get on with life. given the gung-ho route to end the series this is a possible result as they plan to remove nearly all combatants. they'll leave the general popultaion staring at the war debris looking at each other in confusion asking "what to do next?" theres a 50% chance they'll rearm and continue but that'll require them to make sequel anime to AGE. if they plan to end AGE for good it looks more to force the 2 sides to the barganing table and resolve their issues.

Flit as i said before is a different case and no amount of reasoning will get through to him. i didnt mind Vaganphobic Flit in the first generation of AGE but seeing that he continues it until the end bugs me.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 23:36   Link #84
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

the Vagans arent probably familiar with what plan Eden actually means to implement nor does it seem to be an option as most of those in on it are dead or near death. the Vagans are humans also so they do desire peace in some form. genocide of both current Earth and Vagan might not be for everyone. some may still be swept up in the enthusiasm until they die though not all will agree. im guessing most Vagans think plan eden is to resettle Earth with a minimised federation presense.

if im correct this was has been going on for close to 70 years. which is a wonder that AGE1 is still in commision. that aside a society constantly at war will breed discontent for constant death and battles. they may not achieve a fair settlement of war immediately but they can atleast decide on a truce that can lead to a treaty/agrrement to cease hostilities. if i was at war for 70yrs id be tired of it. some people wouldnt mind a temporary pause in a war. im interested to see how the federation will make steps to put Vagans at ease. i dont dare predict how as the storyline is unstable at best of times. just even killing all those people in ep 48 wasn't on my radar.

i know it may seem an idealistic view given the result is what the story producers decide on but its a realistic approach. im sure the 100 year war between France and England had its moments where people just wanted to be free of war and get on with life. given the gung-ho route to end the series this is a possible result as they plan to remove nearly all combatants. they'll leave the general popultaion staring at the war debris looking at each other in confusion asking "what to do next?" theres a 50% chance they'll rearm and continue but that'll require them to make sequel anime to AGE. if they plan to end AGE for good it looks more to force the 2 sides to the barganing table and resolve their issues.
There are periods of peace but it's more of Vegans rearming themselves for the next bout.

Every decisive battle Vegans lost pushed back their timetable. And it is fine for Ezelcant as he extends his life via cold sleep.

Only this time he is flat out dying. He can't control the Vegan people much longer which is why he is throwing everything in this one gamble. Copying even the bane of his attempts to achieve his Social Darwinist "Eden", the Gundam. Sending the Second Moon on a one way trip.

But there is hope yet. With most of the fanatics dead and we know that this generation isn't as unreasonable in the face of annihilation, the Vegans would surrender unconditionally.

Earth Sphere once blinked at a series of wars called the Colony Nation Wars. A far more devastating conflict than this one. They made the Silver Chalice Treaty to ban advanced weapons to prevent the temptation of war.

It is safe to say that the treaty is pretty much scrapped.

Though I can see a control law of the use of cold sleep to extend beyond one's lifetime.

This war continued because it is the same guys that are in charge. In natural progression leaders change and the older generation's quarrel is not shared by the new generation in charge.

Though there are still Vegan colonies on Mars. I can see some quarters of the Earth Sphere public call for a Reunification War to bring these colonies to heel due to the fear of the unknown.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2012-09-18 at 00:07.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 23:39   Link #85
Key Board
Carbon

I've heard rumors that original intention was not to have everything end in peace right away.

Vagans and the Federation will continue fighting for a decade after the last episode. Only then, peace will be achieved. Adult Kio will be shown.

The intent is to deconstruct previous Gundam series and say that no, one person alone can not achieve understanding. It must be a group effort, and it takes time.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 23:58   Link #86
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
As others have pointed out nobody in the Vagan camp are interested in peace. As we've seen with Deen all they see is that the Earthlings are a bunch of jerks who laugh at their plight (even though 99% of them weren't even aware of it to begin with) and such. In any case they want to take Earth back and the Earthlings are to be stomped out.

I blame that on all the propaganda with Ezcelant.

Quote:
Flit as i said before is a different case and no amount of reasoning will get through to him. i didnt mind Vaganphobic Flit in the first generation of AGE but seeing that he continues it until the end bugs me.
No not really.

You forget that although Flit has lost a lot of people he still has family and friends that love him and they are the ones keeping him in line.

When he gets close to it, someone always brings him back (IE. Algerus telling Flit that it's protocol to treat the POWs with respect and not kill them)

And again, the Vagans' actions haven't exactly proven that Flit is wrong. It's like trying to convince John that Jane isn't a bad person and then seeing Jane stealing cookies from a girl scout. I mean you gotta draw a line there.

I can see the Federation offering peace as that's what they've always done. The question is what the Vagans are to do with that. The problem is that we've seen nobody on the Vagan side that wanted peace. For example, even in SEED we saw and knew that there were moderate factions on both sides. Once both extremists were eliminated, it's easy to see why the factions agreed to peace afteralls.

Quote:
There are periods of peace but it's more of Vegans rearming themselves for the next bout.
The difference though is that Second Moon is here which means that it's all in for the Vagans and a chance for the Federation to end the war.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 00:46   Link #87
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
The difference though is that Second Moon is here which means that it's all in for the Vagans and a chance for the Federation to end the war.
Not really, they have more colonies at Mars.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 02:32   Link #88
Gomenasai
The Poster-guy

only 1 ep left!!! I'm seriously getting excited about the next Gundam series that bandai announces. I hope it's more mature, and UC. UC for sure! Also, QQ for Zeheart.

Gotta say I at least wasn't disappointed with this series. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be initially.
Gomenasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 11:25   Link #89
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Gundam Age Movie...grown up Kio. Zeheart and Fram clones.

This episode has some messed up deaths, Gundam style. Zeheart gets Fram killed, loses it... decides to fight recklessly and does the whole suicide by Asemu.

Will Flit or Kio die in the final episode?

I can see Kio bite it for being naive and Flit winning the war but balling his eyes out that his grandson died.

Then the AGE movie... Asemu's second son.

Next Gundam series... G Gundam part 2... coming 2013- 2014. 20 year anniversary. Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop as well.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 11:41   Link #90
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Of the three Asunos, Flit is the most likely to die but I don't want to see any of them die before their time.
Old 2012-09-18, 15:13   Link #91
Raysoul

This just came to me, but imagine if the fight with Asemu and Zeheart got too long. DH won't stand a chance against Legilis, so the only way to defeat it is to finish it as soon as possible. Anyway I still enjoy how DH ripped Legilis, which reminds me of Banshee ripping of Delta Plus.
Old 2012-09-18, 15:51   Link #92
X207
Gamyūsa

i still hold out the producers will decide to end the war through some means but it hard to break the cycle of war if its gone on for a long time. they've been rushing the plot to come to a conclusion and ep48 seems to agree that they want to tie up loose ends by any convenient method. forcing the 2 sides to discuss can be one ending to the series but ep49 will have to confirm the producers intentions.

i dont mind if they decide to go for a AGE movie but i dont see much point in it as to what they'd decide to animate with such a rushed ending. if it was a case that they were so rushed that even 49eps was insufficient to finish a conflict then a movie seems logical.

i dont think they'll ban weapons should the war end at ep49. few nations at war would be against total weapon ban if they had such a long war. the colony war chalice treaty may or may not have been an exception but its always a solution for the producers to bring in a revised one to end this series with.

the influence of propaganda is no doubt strong but it doesnt always rule 100% of the mobs. it may do so for the current generation but the newer generation will see through the propaganda in time. propagande is a very strong tool but it still has its limits.

as you can probably guess im a optimist when it comes to "good" endings to anime series but thats just my view of it. i know Gundam series are based on violent conflicts so i wont be too surprised if they decide to leave the conflict unsolved even if i hope they do come to their senses to end the conflict.

i know Flit is still stuck with all that hatred from his past even if he has people to pull him back from the edge. he can reason with his dispostion to the Vagan given he has a moderator but it doesnt stop them from continuing to pop up as a response. i dont think he'll ever completely break free of his oppiions regarding Vagan as its so much part of his character at this point.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 15:53   Link #93
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysoul View Post
This just came to me, but imagine if the fight with Asemu and Zeheart got too long. DH won't stand a chance against Legilis, so the only way to defeat it is to finish it as soon as possible. Anyway I still enjoy how DH ripped Legilis, which reminds me of Banshee ripping of Delta Plus.
Well, the Dark Hound faired pretty good in it's first fight against the Legilis. I believe even in a longer fight, Asemu would had won. But I'm biased here But going by his piloting skills, It's not impossible for he him to win.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 16:02   Link #94
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, doesn't hurt that Asem also fought dirty--nailing him in the side while he's concentrating on someone else, making him feel guilty about Project Eden and severing an arm while he's distracted, nailing the other arm through the explosion cloud while he can't see...

Pirates fight dirty. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 2012-09-18, 16:08   Link #95
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Pirates fight dirty. Nothing wrong with that.
Totally right
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 16:40   Link #96
KallebRulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Gundam Age Movie...grown up Kio. Zeheart and Fram clones.

This episode has some messed up deaths, Gundam style. Zeheart gets Fram killed, loses it... decides to fight recklessly and does the whole suicide by Asemu.

Will Flit or Kio die in the final episode?

I can see Kio bite it for being naive and Flit winning the war but balling his eyes out that his grandson died.

Then the AGE movie... Asemu's second son.

Next Gundam series... G Gundam part 2... coming 2013- 2014. 20 year anniversary. Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop as well.
Are you serious? Will there be another G Gundam series? Or are you hoping for it? Because I seriously want another G Gundam series haha! And the Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop one!
KallebRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 17:30   Link #97
Destined_Fate

...No none of that will happen. There's no plans for another G Gundam or for FT to be animated nor do I think it would prove profitable at this time. As for Kio dying? As if, he just got a broken Gurren Lagann unlock for his Gundam so there's no way he's going to die.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 22:31   Link #98
Super Pilot Pirate

Quote:
Totally right by StrikeFreedom V2
Does Asemu pwning Zeheart remind anybody of Char's Counterattack when at the end When Amuro Ray completely went H.A.M on Char destorying his Sazabi and ripping his sphere cockpit out with the Hi Nu's bare hands?! Asemu vs Zehear. Reminds of that quick encounter.
Super Pilot Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 23:39   Link #99
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

No, not really. Then again, as alot of posts mentioned earlier, it wasnt much of a fight at all between THE-HEARTO and Asemu, Amuro and Char had one of the finest 1 on 1's in Gundam history.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 00:59   Link #100
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Amuro and Char had one of the finest 1 on 1's in Gundam history.
Though it was kinda ruined in the end:
"LALAH SHOULD'VE BEEN A MOTHER TO ME"--Summed up Char's whole character in CCA.

Tags
weekly episode discussion