AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-03, 22:11   Link #4121
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
ARENA 01 Yuki > Fate, 52.1%
ARENA 02 Kotomi > Hinagiku, 58.8%
ARENA 03 Shana > Rin, 64.6%
ARENA 04 Kyou > Konata, 53.6%
ARENA 05 Rika > Nagi, 53.6%
ARENA 06 Nanoha > Rena, 60.0%
ARENA 07 Evangeline > Saber, 53.9%
ARENA 08 Nagisa > Nayuki, 61.0%
ARENA 09 Mai > Tsukasa, 52.2%
ARENA 10 Haruhi > Yue, 54.2%
ARENA 11 Horo > Hanyuu, 54.7%
ARENA 12 Tomoyo > Shiori, 68.0%
ARENA 13 Suigintou > Ayumu, 66.3%
ARENA 14 Konoka > Kyon's Sister, 69.4%
ARENA 15 Sayuri > Matsuri, 59.7%
ARENA 16 Louise > Fuko, 53.2%
ARENA 17 C.C. > Mion, 62.4%
ARENA 18 Kagami > Kiri, 78.4%
ARENA 19 Setsuna > Souseiseki, 69.1%
ARENA 20 Nodoka > Aruruu, 69.6%
ARENA 21 Maria > Tamaki, (BB) 59.8%
ARENA 22 Eruruu > Chikaru, 58.1%
ARENA 23 Sakura (CS) > Tamao, 66.5%
ARENA 24 Ryou > Sakura (FSN), 57.0%
ARENA 25 Ayu > Touka, 65.3%
ARENA 26 Sakura (TC) > Tessa, 55.5%
ARENA 27 Mikuru > Yuno, 71.4%
ARENA 28 Shinku > Eri, 51.7%
ARENA 29 Vita > Alice, 63.3%
ARENA 30 Suiseiseki > Konomi, 74.5%
ARENA 31 Chiaki > Tamaki (TH), 61.9%
ARENA 32 Tsuruya > Yurie, 69.9%

By Order of Percentage:

78.4% Kagami > Kiri
---
74.5% Suiseiseki > Konomi
71.4% Mikuru > Yuno
69.9% Tsuruya > Yurie
69.6% Nodoka > Aruruu
69.4% Konoka > Kyon's Sister
69.1% Setsuna > Souseiseki
68.0% Tomoyo > Shiori
66.5% Sakura (CS) > Tamao
66.3% Suigintou > Ayumu
65.3% Ayu > Touka
64.6% Shana > Rin
63.3% Vita > Alice
62.4% C.C. > Mion
61.9% Chiaki > Tamaki (TH)
61.0% Nagisa > Nayuki
60.0% Nanoha > Rena
59.8% Maria > Tamaki (BB)
59.7% Sayuri > Matsuri
58.8% Kotomi > Hinagiku
58.1% Eruruu > Chikaru
57.0% Ryou > Sakura (FSN)
55.5% Sakura (TC) > Tessa WTF
---
54.7% Horo > Hanyuu
54.2% Haruhi > Yue
53.9% Evangeline > Saber
53.6% Rika > Nagi
53.6% Kyou > Konata
53.2% Louise > Fuko
52.2% Mai > Tsukasa
52.1% Yuki > Fate
51.7% Shinku > Eri

Summary:
-The winner with the most votes is Kagami (385).
-The loser with the most votes is Fate (289).
-The winner with the least votes is Eruruu (237).
-The loser with the least votes is Kiri (106).
-The most popular arena is Yuki > Fate (603).
-The least popular arena is Tsuruya > Yurie (379).

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Oh, boy... if you only asked one hour earlier, I would have sent them to you, but it's gone now...
You don't save every standings for every match? Bad Asian!
Old 2008-05-03, 22:20   Link #4122
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
You don't save every standings for every match? Bad Asian!
I really don't see the point - all that is available from my perspective is that you get to see how standings change, but that's it. Spending an hour or two doing those just for that reason isn't really worth it, especially when we're way behind schedule in terms of developing the website.

What I will say in my defense is this: The change by change in standings can be inaccurate due to the overtime matches not being completed immediately before the next match set. You can be able to replicate standings yourselves by trying out the Splendid City Scheduler Program I have provided on the site, download the schedule file, and input the results yourself, given that you go 32 at a time and then check the standings from there. There's a few kinks in the schedule itself, but I've figured out how to work around them.

Also, my father wants to see a zip file that holds all of the data we were able to compile to see how we're able to document our results carefully. He's more interested in the demographics as to who is visiting our site and who isn't, as well as the number of total voters and the increase - decrease found in between - due Oct 31st, which is also the planned date for completion of ISML archival.
Old 2008-05-03, 22:25   Link #4123
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Don't worry, it means less work to me also. I just want to be consistent, but right now I'm quite sad at the results so I don't really care about anything anymore.
Old 2008-05-03, 22:37   Link #4124
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow, Nagi can beat Nanoha but can't beat Rika? That boggles the mind.

Very Happy ^_^
- Haruhi escaped from the clutches of the Negima fandom
- Kotomi and Mai scraped by a win. W00t!

Very Sad T_T
- Nayuki lost to Ayu Mk. II.
- Tama-nee still lost by a hefty margin even against a low tier character

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-05-03, 22:38   Link #4125
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Here we go:
Quote:
ARENA 01 Yuki > Fate, 52.1% Eww, I guess having no personality wins, then.
ARENA 02 Kotomi > Hinagiku, 58.8% lolwtf KyoAni.
ARENA 03 Shana > Rin, 64.6% The only reason I was able to keep readin the results.
ARENA 04 Kyou > Konata, 53.6% Expected.
ARENA 05 Rika > Nagi, 53.6% Expected. (It was voters outside of Japan that let Rika beat the 200-vote margin in 2007.)
ARENA 06 Nanoha > Rena, 60.0% Okay, I'll take it.
ARENA 07 Evangeline > Saber, 53.9% Sure.
ARENA 08 Nagisa > Nayuki, 61.0% Haha.. Clannad is too recent for the likes of Kanon.
ARENA 09 Mai > Tsukasa, 52.2% See ARENA 01.
ARENA 10 Haruhi > Yue, 54.2% Don't care. Just goes to show that top KyoAni girls can troll over Negima characters.
ARENA 11 Horo > Hanyuu, 54.7% wtf. More people need to watch Kai.
ARENA 12 Tomoyo > Shiori, 68.0% See ARENA 08.
ARENA 13 Suigintou > Ayumu, 66.3% Good.
ARENA 14 Konoka > Kyon's Sister, 69.4% Don't care.
ARENA 15 Sayuri > Matsuri, 59.7% Ewww..
ARENA 16 Louise > Fuko, 53.2% THANK YOU. lol@Fuko losing to Louise by 7% less than she lost to SHANA. Wow.
ARENA 17 C.C. > Mion, 62.4% Expected.
ARENA 18 Kagami > Kiri, 78.4% Way expected.
ARENA 19 Setsuna > Souseiseki, 69.1% Don't care.
ARENA 20 Nodoka > Aruruu, 69.6% Don't care.
ARENA 21 Maria > Tamaki, (BB) 59.8% Good.
ARENA 22 Eruruu > Chikaru, 58.1%
ARENA 23 Sakura (CS) > Tamao, 66.5% Oh well. Good either way.
ARENA 24 Ryou > Sakura (FSN), 57.0% Battle of the non-moe side characters goes to KyoAni.
ARENA 25 Ayu > Touka, 65.3% Ayu might be able to trample over Haruhi. Hopefully.
ARENA 26 Sakura (TC) > Tessa, 55.5% wtf? Minhtam, you need to post on the front page that Tessa is, in fact, a KyoAni character.
ARENA 27 Mikuru > Yuno, 71.4% lolexpected.
ARENA 28 Shinku > Eri, 51.7% YES.
ARENA 29 Vita > Alice, 63.3% Ok.
ARENA 30 Suiseiseki > Konomi, 74.5% Two-time champion, two-time quarterfinalist almost got a decisive win against a no-win character.
ARENA 31 Chiaki > Tamaki (TH), 61.9% Don't care.
ARENA 32 Tsuruya > Yurie, 69.9% Expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
- Nayuki lost to Ayu Mk. II.
Mk. II implies that it would be improved, but Ayu is much more moe than Nagisa is, so you should say "Failed Copy".
Old 2008-05-03, 22:39   Link #4126
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Yay! Shinku got her victory, at last! I voted for her and Tsukasa in the tiebreaker so hopefully she can make it two in a row. I keep voting for Yurie when I can but it seems she is fighting an uphill battle. I just got the Negima OVA to check some of the girls out; I came across a funny Lucky*Star extended OP song playing over the OVA that was pretty cool so I had to see it for myself

I also found while Tubing a vid for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time with a cool Patrick Watson song behind it, so got that as well, along with (finally) 5 cm per Second, so pullling a triple feature tonight.

@qtipbrit:
I'm going to go scrounging for those sublime ef clips; which games were they from again? I found the OP for the first game (I think) called Tale of the Two but that Shinkai clip was from which one? I'm hoping Megavideo has it... I think I can actually d/l the Megavid ones (I have "A Fairy Tale of the Two" in HD, it's the other one I need. And I don't have a PS3
Old 2008-05-03, 22:47   Link #4127
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
Yay! Shinku got her victory, at last! I voted for her and Tsukasa in the tiebreaker so hopefully she can make it two in a row. I keep voting for Yurie when I can but it seems she is fighting an uphill battle. I just got the Negima OVA to check some of the girls out; I came across a funny Lucky*Star extended OP song playing over the OVA that was pretty cool so I had to see it for myself

I also found while Tubing a vid for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time with a cool Patrick Watson song behind it, so got that as well, along with (finally) 5 cm per Second, so pullling a triple feature tonight.

@qtipbrit:
I'm going to go scrounging for those sublime ef clips; which games were they from again? I found the OP for the first game (I think) called Tale of the Two but that Shinkai clip was from which one? I'm hoping Megavideo has it... I think I can actually d/l the Megavid ones (I have "A Fairy Tale of the Two" in HD, it's the other one I need. And I don't have a PS3
ooh, both were great in my opinion, among the best. You'll probably enjoy them if the sci-fi elements of Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo don't turn you off (they're very minor though.)

And they were the game OPs, ef - the first tale, and ef - the latter tale.

Oh, and I might have to check out the OVA's if they introduce you to the characters enough, tell me how it turns out.

And have you continued with Code Geass?
The end is positively wonderful, a spectacle of script writing.
Old 2008-05-03, 22:49   Link #4128
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Let's look at the bright side guys, we have a new high for total matches in one arena, 603. Too bad Fate lost in that one.

By the way, now you all know why I was being pessimistic. If you're not hoping for it, then when it doesn't come, you won't be as disappointed.
Old 2008-05-03, 22:55   Link #4129
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Tessa is like a reject, tossed aside from Kyoani fanboyism. Losing to Fake Sakura. Dear God.
I would post my comments on todays match but I'm too raged to bother. Hinagiku's massive loss is the most fail followed by Fate's loss... and it doesn't get any better from there.
Old 2008-05-03, 23:04   Link #4130
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
ooh, both were great in my opinion, among the best. You'll probably enjoy them if the sci-fi elements of Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo don't turn you off (they're very minor though.)
I like sci-fi so it won't be a problem (as long as it doesn't get in the way of the story) And I've been meaning to catch 5 cm for ages; I always figured I'd buy it but now I'm broke so have to curtail any anime expenses until I get an income. Kanon 4 was my last purchase

That Watson video (it's on MegaVideo) showed the GWLTT characters to great effect, so it looks like something I'll enjoy

Quote:
Oh, and I might have to check out the OVA's if they introduce you to the characters enough, tell me how it turns out.
This Negima OVA is called the Spring episode (or something) and they are shown free-falling from way up high in bathing suits ( ) which was pretty cool (and sexy). I think it was under Negima! and not Negima!? so it's after the first season I guess. And that L*S EXTENDED version was way fun

Quote:
And have you continued with Code Geass?
The end is positively wonderful, a spectacle of script writing.
You must've missed my "wailing in extreme anguish" post after finishing it I was SO PISSED! As I said in it, I can't imagine the anguish that Geass fans felt after waiting from March until July (when the last 2 eps were aired) only to have a bunch of unanswered quaestions thrown up in their faces... and then have to wait until APRIL for any resolution!

Shoot, I had to IMMEDIATELY look for season 2 episodes just to quench my thirst... and after the 4 eps out I want my Nunnaly!!! WTH happened to her *cries*

Ahem... but I'm all better now
Old 2008-05-03, 23:15   Link #4131
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe Tessa's an acquired taste? Not-loli enough? Too old (show wise)? Seems healthy enough. Got a great sleepy voice. Is a little bit of a tease.

I was thinking Nagisa was an improvement over Ayu in terms of end girl material. She's believable as a girlfriend to Tomoya, and they have a nice slowly built up relationship. Fuko is the actual Ayu-type character of Clannad.

Rena misses another loli. Too bad...she took Nanoha home last year ("You can't befriend the willing", was it?). Next up, Shana I believe. Talk about a tough match. Trying to take home the Knight Shana to avenge the abuse the Flame Haze did to poor cute Hanyuu. The Collector is coming for Shana.
Old 2008-05-03, 23:30   Link #4132
FiREwing

OMG! FAIL AT 100 VOTE LOSS OF HINAGIKU! FAILFAILFAILFAIL!Kotomi better topple the mountain called Tomoyo to make up for this or there will be RAGE!

Btw. Omg at clone Sakura beating Tessa. And fail for Fate losing to Yuki. If Fate beats Ayu there will be huge rage at how Fate couldn't overcome Yuki.

This round was full of fail. A lot of characters I passionately clicked the vote button for lost.
Old 2008-05-04, 03:01   Link #4133
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Just a few comments on some of the outcomes of match 6

Spoiler for Thoughts:

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Old 2008-05-04, 04:22   Link #4134
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler for shocked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiREwing View Post
And fail for Fate losing to Yuki. If Fate beats Ayu there will be huge rage at how Fate couldn't overcome Yuki.
I have no idea how Fate chan lost to Yuki in the first place (okey, it's because I just don't see her as being more moe than Fate chan) but she should be able to crush Ayu. Ayu doesn't have as much support as Yuki imo.

But the results are shocking...

Glad that Gin Sama won her round though

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-05-04, 04:26   Link #4135
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Dkz, you have to get used to it by now that KyoAni characters have the upper hand in ISML. It's nothing bad, since it's just preference based on regions. You shouldn't say stuff about crushing Ayu either, especially after recent events... All we can do now is get a better avatar and hope to recruit more people from different regions. I'm not going to blame people for voting for KyoAni though. If they know SHnY but never watched Nanoha, then the answer is easy. I myself never knew about Nanoha before this competition.
Old 2008-05-04, 04:38   Link #4136
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
I'm not going to blame people for voting for KyoAni though.
Neither am I doing that, if you are hinting that I am (dam you kyoani voters...curse...curse ).

Not that I'm underestimating Ayu when I said crush mind you...it could (but won't) end up like what Louise did to Gin sama in last year's Jsaimoe (*shivers at the thought*).

But the glass is still half full for me

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-05-04, 06:15   Link #4137
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Auauu~~ I've been infused with Win from Yue Henshin, Maid Guy's VIOLATIONs and this Nitori song by Sound Holic. I'm in too good a mood to be affected by these results. Then again... I've never let myself be affected much by small statistics anyway (well, not after J Saimoe 2006...) and my votes in the highlight Fate and Hinagiku matches were the other way. Yue was only ~50 down from Haruhi - acceptable result for me, though of course I'd have wanted a different outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Maybe Tessa's an acquired taste? Not-loli enough? Too old (show wise)? Seems healthy enough. Got a great sleepy voice. Is a little bit of a tease.
Needs DVMC animated.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-05-04, 08:25   Link #4138
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Thoughts:
Bring on the tie-breaker rounds . Hopefully Horo and Mion can come out on top. Do wonder how finally getting a win will affect Shinku in this, if it does at all.
Old 2008-05-04, 09:45   Link #4139
FiREwing

Still a bit bitter but its better. Voted Shinku and Tsukasa. Their moe and have too many losses.
Old 2008-05-04, 13:53   Link #4140
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

At least the most hotly hated win-losses have been close matches. Yuki barely beat Fate and Tomoyo barely beat Shana. It's not like KyonAni is sweeping the top contenders easily at all. Close is close, as it should be.

(Needs Space Opera....)

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe