AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-04, 20:21   Link #1001
Velden

Lelouch becoming emperor is as possible as C.C being in love of Charles...not confirmed, not hinted and would makes us all say or think "WTF".
Velden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 21:53   Link #1002
Aquaman OS

He may not have a choice. Britannia can't just vanish as the resulting power gap and violence against former Britannian's would make the world even worse. Someone has to take over, and it might as well be him.

Geass and it's director seem to be descontructing everything that happened at the end of Seed. Seed's heroes like Geass's wanted a kind peaceful world. Once they stopped the war they promptly disappeared from the world stage and went to live in solitude playing house and enjoying their kind peaceful world while not bothering to check on it at all. It took about a year and a half for the world to go to hell again and they had to start all over again.

Therefore it would make sense for Lelouch to reject living alone with Nunnally in favor of staying in the world stage and making sure it stays peaceful. He may not want to but its the only sure way.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 21:57   Link #1003
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So he's the only possible candidate for the throne? Couldn't Cornelia still be around to take it? And I'd think he would get rid of the Imperial system in favor of something else.

I could see him just staying in more of a background role and watching over things. He'd still be involved though not as the great leader some people think he has to become.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 21:59   Link #1004
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
He may not have a choice. Britannia can't just vanish as the resulting power gap and violence against former Britannian's would make the world even worse. Someone has to take over, and it might as well be him.

Geass and it's director seem to be descontructing everything that happened at the end of Seed. Seed's heroes like Geass's wanted a kind peaceful world. Once they stopped the war they promptly disappeared from the world stage and went to live in solitude playing house and enjoying their kind peaceful world while not bothering to check on it at all. It took about a year and a half for the world to go to hell again and they had to start all over again.

Therefore it would make sense for Lelouch to reject living alone with Nunnally in favor of staying in the world stage and making sure it stays peaceful. He may not want to but its the only sure way.
There are plenty of talented, competent people within the BK who are qualified to run Britannia. Lulu's influence isn't essential once the rebellion finishes.
Old 2008-06-04, 22:21   Link #1005
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post

Well, that's a good enough point, I suppose. somehow, it seems like far too many animes/stories go that route, actually; after the Big Battle (TM), the main characters often enough choose to withdraw themselves from it all, settling for either a vagabondish life or a "house in the country", sorta - showing little if any interest in preserving the world/peace/victory they archieved, often enough displaying a "Well, we won so my/our part in it is over now and that's it, bye-bye, everyone!". Bah, if it only were so simple... Though one can understand their desire to have some peace and rest after it all at least. Still, I'd be a bit disappointed if this becomes the path Lelouch chooses as well, taking no part at all in the "new world" he'll have archieved at the end (assuming that he succeeds, that's it).
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 22:29   Link #1006
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, that's a good enough point, I suppose. somehow, it seems like far too many animes/stories go that route, actually; after the Big Battle (TM), the main characters often enough choose to withdraw themselves from it all, settling for either a vagabondish life or a "house in the country", sorta - showing little if any interest in preserving the world/peace/victory they archieved, often enough displaying a "Well, we won so my/our part in it is over now and that's it, bye-bye, everyone!". Bah, if it only were so simple... Though one can understand their desire to have some peace and rest after it all at least. Still, I'd be a bit disappointed if this becomes the path Lelouch chooses as well, taking no part at all in the "new world" he'll have archieved at the end (assuming that he succeeds, that's it).
I believe the closest to such an ending would be Lelouch leaving things in the hand of good people and going off, like Simon in TTGL.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 22:38   Link #1007
Aquaman OS

The major difference there is that Simon wasn't world leader material. He was a heroic commander and inspirational solider but things that couldn't be solved by smashing someone weren't really his forte.

Lelouch on the other hand is most definitely more cut out for leadership and politics than combat (which he varies between useless and barely passable depending on the episode). It would be a complete waste if he just vanished and of the BK he is the most suited to take over.

Lelouch is the only character I see capable of taking Britannia and easing it into a peaceful not aggressive and oppressive society. (Remember removing it out right will cause a power vaccum and make things worse so Britannia can't go, it needs to be changed) Maybe Corneila. That's about it. Euphie was the best bet but she's dead. And it should be a Britannian because the citizen would be more accepting of them rather than a leader from another country.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 22:51   Link #1008
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I believe the closest to such an ending would be Lelouch leaving things in the hand of good people and going off, like Simon in TTGL.
You mean, the closest thing to an ending where he chooses to distance himself from it all once Britannia is defeated or what?

Either way, Aquaman OS has a point... Though IMO, Lelouch doesn't need to take over Britannia, but he should at least play an active part in maintaining the world he creates, that's all I hope for; not some ending where he like so many others chooses to turn his back on it all after it's all finished, sorta... -_-
Old 2008-06-04, 22:51   Link #1009
Velden

Isn´t it possible that Nunnaly will become the next empress or queen? Perhaps the house of commons will support her considering the results of her efforts in Japan.

From what i see it, Lelouch would make sure to destroy the current "source" of the system, then let suzaku and nunnaly finish the job and modify the britannian politics.
Velden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 22:52   Link #1010
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Lelouch is bad interms of actual fighting, but in tactics he excels. He's never really demonstrated he is anything more than a military commander. I can't imagine how he would do during peacetime and he didn't create the Zero persona with the intention of keeping it forever and I don't think he would become some world leader as Lelouch.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-04, 22:54   Link #1011
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Lelouch is bad interms of actual fighting, but in tactics he excels. He's never really demonstrated he is anything more than a military commander. I can't imagine how he would do during peacetime and he didn't create the Zero persona with the intention of keeping it forever and I don't think he would become some world leader as Lelouch.
That's where I think you're sort of wrong, he shows the markings of a shrewd politican/leader as well - just like Xingke . I'm not saying he'd have to become world leader - just that he should take an active hand in maintaining the world he has created...
Old 2008-06-04, 23:07   Link #1012
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

He can do that without actually being the leader though. I'm not saying he shouldn't play some role in maintaining the world. I think he could keep an eye on things and help whoever becomes the leaders of the world after this.

Old 2008-06-04, 23:16   Link #1013
DN24

How can he maintain that world without any power ? Turn the Order into an organization similar to the Celestial Being in Gundam00? The easiest way is to become Britania ruler.Also, Lelouch should take the responsibility of rebuilding Britania after destroying it, putting someone else on the throne is a bad idea.Nunnally is blind so she's not a good candidate,Suzaku is Japanese,he should take care of his country rather than Britania.Cornelia is missing right now and I don't think she is a good choice either.Conclusion:Lelouch should be responsible for what he did and become king!!!
DN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 00:12   Link #1014
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Allow people he can trust not to go crazy with power to become leaders. No, I don't think the easiest way is to become the Britannian leader. I also have to wonder what the order would think of their leader becoming the head of Britannia, especially if his true identity became known.

What about Cornelia makes her a bad choice?

And becoming the "King" doesn't make Lelouch responsible for his actions. There are plenty of ways to do that. Plus, Lelouch hates the imperial system and would get rid of it anyway so I doubt there would even be a position like that to be given away.

Old 2008-06-05, 00:52   Link #1015
DN24

Quote:
What about Cornelia makes her a bad choice?
She's more of a warrior than a politician,but maybe she can deal with the nobles.....

Quote:
Allow people he can trust not to go crazy with power to become leaders. No, I don't think the easiest way is to become the Britannian leader. I also have to wonder what the order would think of their leader becoming the head of Britannia, especially if his true identity became known.
Too risky as people can change when they have power and if they do change,how can he stop them then? Start another rebellion and kill more people?
Quote:
And becoming the "King" doesn't make Lelouch responsible for his actions. There are plenty of ways to do that. Plus, Lelouch hates the imperial system and would get rid of it anyway so I doubt there would even be a position like that to be given away.
Maybe not "king",but he need to "lead" Britania for a few years and continue to work in its government to keep an eye on things...
DN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 01:00   Link #1016
mash11

I see him leading Britannia under the conditions that he completely distances Lelouch Vi Britannia from Zero, as in prove they are without a doubt different people with no relation to one another, to Britannia Zero is the child of the devil, to be hated and feared.
mash11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 01:02   Link #1017
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't see him becoming the leader of Britannia at all. That's just me though since I don't think that would go well with the themes of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN24 View Post
She's more of a warrior than a politician,but maybe she can deal with the nobles.....

Too risky as people can change when they have power and if they do change,how can he stop them then? Start another rebellion and kill more people?

Maybe not "king",but he need to "lead" Britania for a few years and continue to work in its government to keep an eye on things...
She can handle herself quite well I think. And again, I doubt Lelouch would keep that imperial system. It could become a constitutional monarchy where she plays a part along with other aspects of the government. Britannia does have Houses it seems, unless that was just Britain.

It's not too risky if he picks the right people and keeps an eye on things.

Why? He could do all this from afar without having his name or anything come up.

Old 2008-06-05, 01:26   Link #1018
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
We haven't seen anything that would indicate she's a bad politician.

Quote:
Britannia does have Houses it seems, unless that was just Britain.
Well they got both a house of lords and a senate.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 12:03   Link #1019
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I never saw anything to indicate she would be bad either. She does come off as more of a battle oriented person, but that doesn't mean that would be the only thing she could be good at.

Hmm, those don't seem to have that much power though part of this could have to do with any members that try to change things being killed off by Rolo.

Old 2008-06-05, 14:12   Link #1020
praeceps
King on a Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Plus, Lelouch hates the imperial system and would get rid of it anyway so I doubt there would even be a position like that to be given away.
Since when does Lelouch hate the imperial system? He hates when the strong oppress the weak like in the current Brittanian government but he doesn't seem to have anything against the imperial system. Especially considering he said at the end of season 1 that he "was the guy who was about to take over the world" (this is paraphrased).
praeceps is offline   Reply With Quote