AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 28 46.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 35.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-27, 13:55   Link #81
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
8/10

Tsukasa is certainly an interesting character but she's scary. If Amagami is a harem anime, we will probably have a nice boat ending...thank god for the omnibus format!!! This arc started slow at first but it got interesting in the end. Anyway isn't it weird that Tsukasa is the one teaching swimming lessons instead of Hibiki or Ai? BTW for some reason I have this feeling that this arc will be all about the Founder Festival instead of romance. Junichi better pull off some moves ASAP...Hopefully the writers won't ruin this arc the way they ruin Rihoko's arc...
I would just make one statement about those wishing for a nice boat: any and all 'nice boats' will be torpedoed with extreme prejudice...

Old 2010-11-27, 16:10   Link #82
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Arc started out fine, at last a little spark after the very sleepy Rihoko arc. But damn - Haruka steals every scene she's in. She's still my favorite girl of the bunch by far.
She really, really, really does steal everything. They should have excluded all of the girls outside of their own arcs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
Don't worry. If her personality and arc stay faithful to Precious Diary, she won't disappoint you in the next two episodes.
I've read most of that, I stopped once I the anime was announced. But they could have made her scarier that first time to give the viewer a bigger "whoa" effect.

And you should stop alluding to the manga in any way. It's not fair to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
I just don't get why some people wish her to be nastier than she really is, she's just a troubled girl who needs some strong love...

Swimsuits are always win in any case though...
Just wanted a bigger shock moment and all. I mean, there was a big difference from her usual demeanor, especially with pulling him by his tie, but I expected more.
Old 2010-11-27, 18:55   Link #83
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You're my kind of guy.
Uhm... guy?
Old 2010-11-27, 20:35   Link #84
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I wonder what's in that notebook now.
LOL I laughed as I worked on this...
Spoiler for What's inside Tsukasa's notebook:
Old 2010-11-27, 21:25   Link #85
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I have a sock fetish.

There I said it.
Old 2010-11-27, 21:33   Link #86
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
I would just make one statement about those wishing for a nice boat: any and all 'nice boats' will be torpedoed with extreme prejudice...

LOL!!!

Quote:
OMG!!!

She's really that evil for bad mouth about some other people?! O__O
Old 2010-11-27, 22:22   Link #87
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
OMG!!!

She's really that evil for bad mouth about some other people?! O__O
Uh... just to be clear, that's fanart. Her actual notebook in the anime doesn't contain anything like that.

Anyway, that aside... I can really relate to Tsukasa in a lot of ways. She's spent so much effort putting up that perfect image that the last thing she wants is to let someone in and see the part of her that isn't -- to put it mildly -- so polished. I suspect she's constantly volunteering for things because it's a way she's learned to gain respect and some degree of admiration and praise, but the relationships she has with others are very shallow and selfish -- most people probably just use her to get ahead, and she never really opens herself up to anyone. Unlike all the other heroines, I don't think we've ever actually shown her being truly "friendly" with anyone -- only kind and polite. I definitely don't think she's a "yandere" or anything... I suspect she's just very self-conscious and controlling of her own image because she's never been able to truly open up to anyone. I guess all that was conveyed in the ED too... but I think I understood that from the episode itself as well. Again, perhaps because I can personally relate... >_>

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-27 at 22:38.
Old 2010-11-27, 22:39   Link #88
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-27, 23:35   Link #89
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I have a sock fetish.

There I said it.
There's certainly nothing wrong with that... >_>

Don't worry, you're not the only one

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-11-28, 01:56   Link #90
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Again, perhaps because I can personally relate... >_>
Huh. relentless has got me curious now.

Is it Thursday yet? I want the next episode of Tsukasa's arc.
Old 2010-11-28, 02:34   Link #91
Knightrunner

Quote:
Wow, I didn't know Tsukasa's a good artist too
Old 2010-11-28, 03:54   Link #92
BigCityDreams

Hey all

Bit of a cliffhanger at the end, really makes you want to watch the next episode in the arc! I think this last arc will be interesting to say the least, from impressions and also because it is the last arc!

What do you guys think?
Old 2010-11-28, 04:06   Link #93
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreams View Post
Hey all

Bit of a cliffhanger at the end, really makes you want to watch the next episode in the arc! I think this last arc will be interesting to say the least, from impressions and also because it is the last arc!

What do you guys think?
I hope they will come out with a huge finish with something interesting. If this arc fail then there wasn't really anything to look forward too. I'm still watching because I want to know how they will portray this arc in a different light. The ending music and the cliffhanger is sure giving me a different feel which is a good thing.

I'm kind of curious if that DeathNotebook has the names of the people she doesn't like or maybe she has a list of what she wants to do in the future.
Old 2010-11-28, 04:53   Link #94
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Spoiler:
Please let's not incorrectly use medical-diagnostic terms here.

She most definitely has NO "split personality". That's a mental disorder in which there are two distinct personalities within a person which don't know of each other and which she can't knowingly alternate between them. There is only one personality within her, that of Ayatsuji Tsukasa. She took a more threatening stance for a clear and rational reason.

You can make a weak case for "bipolar", but not based on what has happened so far. Without going into details, bipolar disorder in terms of Ayatsuji generally describes strong uncontrollable mood swings. That is NOT the case at the end of ep1, because her decision to threaten Junichi was not based on a compelling mood swing, but on her conscious decision.
Old 2010-11-28, 10:20   Link #95
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I've only watched to ep 5 before I just gave up watching this series because it was boring to me. Compared to the beginning of the first 2 arcs[ep 1 & 5], in this ep[21], it felt like Tachi was far more competent and less of a bumbling idiot than in those episodes. Maybe because he's actually doing something worthwhile w/o any unscrupulous motives toward Aya other than helping her with the committee. At least I feel that this arc will not disappoint my expectations, esp after reading Precious Diary.
Old 2010-11-28, 10:26   Link #96
roankun
Tsundere Lover

What can I say; it's been a long time since I looked forward to a new Amagami episode.
Old 2010-11-28, 13:54   Link #97
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
You can make a weak case for "bipolar", but not based on what has happened so far. Without going into details, bipolar disorder in terms of Ayatsuji generally describes strong uncontrollable mood swings. That is NOT the case at the end of ep1, because her decision to threaten Junichi was not based on a compelling mood swing, but on her conscious decision.
Yes, I suspect it is a sort of obsessive compulsion about her image, perhaps founded in strong pressure to perform. The bit about her sister is curious; it could be that her sister is also an over-achiever and thus a source of stress, or perhaps it's simply that her sister threatens to reveal her true self -- I guess we'll see.

Really, if they haven't already done so, I think everyone should read (or watch) Kare Kano for the true primer on this sort of character. So much truth in that story...
Old 2010-11-28, 15:46   Link #98
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yes, I suspect it is a sort of obsessive compulsion about her image, perhaps founded in strong pressure to perform. The bit about her sister is curious; it could be that her sister is also an over-achiever and thus a source of stress, or perhaps it's simply that her sister threatens to reveal her true self -- I guess we'll see.

Really, if they haven't already done so, I think everyone should read (or watch) Kare Kano for the true primer on this sort of character. So much truth in that story...
I totally agree about the prediction of Tsukasa's sister being an over-achiever and revealing information to Jun that would change her image forever. I think Tsukasa join so many activities to get some recognition for her hard work, dedication, and to gain the support of her peers. Her sister might have gotten more praise from the parents for doing so many activities that Tsukasa wants to do the same thing aswell but gets less recognition from them. That is just one part of her personality.

The other part is her wishing to participate in normal events like the dances, but couldn't because she is in charge of it and nobody ask her out yet.
Old 2010-11-29, 00:34   Link #99
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Sigh...after reading through these recent posts, I myself just realize my personality is almost like tsukasa's, in that I don't have the truly friendly nature with other people, just kind and friendly. Want to be a part of society, but doesn't seem like it. Is this a good or bad thing?

I'll be going university next, so I guess I'll probably have to step up?

In any case, I certainly want to know more about tsukasa. Maybe I can learn something from this arc, who knows?

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2010-11-29, 00:56   Link #100
therationalpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Please let's not incorrectly use medical-diagnostic terms here.

She most definitely has NO "split personality". That's a mental disorder in which there are two distinct personalities within a person which don't know of each other and which she can't knowingly alternate between them. There is only one personality within her, that of Ayatsuji Tsukasa. She took a more threatening stance for a clear and rational reason.

Can we agree on the term "Two-faced" then, since she acts like she's such a sweet girl, but deep down she's much more severe and judgmental?

This episode really got this arc off to a good start. I knew that she had this hidden side to her, and the whole episode felt like she was a ticking time bomb ready to go off. I found myself wondering the whole time, "Will it be him closing the door that sets her off? No...What about when it closes the second time? Still good...How about when he comes to get her at the pool? Still fine...Guess we have to wait for the next *BAM* There we go!"

Honestly, he did a lot to piss her off that episode. She has some solid patience.