AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-14, 07:27   Link #2401
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Togashi writing directly for the anime was the first thing that popped into my head, TBH, as strange as it sounds. It would certainly be less work for him than the manga, at least in theory. It certainly shouldn't be anything overtly negative, first off because the show is very successful and second because SJ wouldn't be calling attention to it if it was. It's most likely the "shocking" news that it's taking a season off and then running for another year, or something more or less expected.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 12:54   Link #2402
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

The point is that a break wouldnt benefits HxH very much, not when there is no manga to keep the series exposed to the public, also the breaks that shows like bleach or gintama had never had this kind of foretelling(at least i dint see it).
Old 2013-02-14, 16:40   Link #2403
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

But if the network has something else planned for its timeslot, what can you do?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 18:50   Link #2404
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It makes no sense for SJ to call attention to this unless it's a positive thing, at least as they're going to interpret it.
Old 2013-02-14, 22:30   Link #2405
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

^ i think you're right, there is no need to anticipate fans for something bad.
Old 2013-02-14, 22:40   Link #2406
gsilver

Yeah. It's (almost definitely) going to be good news in some way... I'm apprehensive about it, but I'll wait and see what they say.

The show has been rushing for something. Maybe it's Chimera Ant, maybe they have some (hopefully great) anime-only arcs in mind. The success of the movies suggests the later. The mangaka has shown interest in writing for HxH, even if he's having trouble drawing it.

Also, the length of his latest hiatus surely would be ample time to come up with a few full story arcs.
Old 2013-02-15, 07:15   Link #2407
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
^ i think you're right, there is no need to anticipate fans for something bad.
A new season in 2 years is something bad? Most anime adaptations don't even get that.
Old 2013-02-15, 11:20   Link #2408
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
A new season in 2 years is something bad? Most anime adaptations don't even get that.
If that was the case they would be letting interest in the anime to go down, wich is the reason long running animes get filler, with bleach popularity so diminished and naruto (supposedly) coming to an end, i can't picture shueisha sending this one to the bench, but certainly its still possible.
Old 2013-02-15, 12:37   Link #2409
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, Naruto and Bleach are unique cases what with their status comparable to One Piece or DBZ.

I'm not saying that it IS going to be the case. But I don't really remember how long the series' run was originally going to be.
Old 2013-02-15, 13:03   Link #2410
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

naruto is close, but bleach is a series that got to a point where people stop caring about it, and its popularity plummered, actually kuroko no basket its way more popular than bleach at this moment.

The anime had 52 episodes greenlighted at the start, but they were very optimistic about the series, the movie was announced at the same time of the last hiatus(the one before the 2 chapters of kurapika past), back when the anime was in its first episodes
Old 2013-02-15, 13:40   Link #2411
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^ Re: Bleach: People in the west, or people in general? Because people in the west don't count.
Old 2013-02-15, 16:10   Link #2412
Clarste
Human

I'm fairly certain that Bleach has always been relatively more popular in the West than it's ever been in Japan.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 19:00   Link #2413
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

They still don't count.

Anyway, the original point was that we don't know yet if this is going to be a long running series. That's up to the network in the end. I mean, it really has to be on a similar level for that.
Old 2013-02-15, 19:00   Link #2414
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

im not sure if it always had been the case but for some years now what clarste says has been the case, just see the chart posted pages back where it shows bleach had sold a little les than 20 million more than HxH with +20 volumes more in circulation.
Old 2013-02-15, 21:06   Link #2415
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
A 2-year delay for a popular series with a year's worth of manga or more still to adapt would certainly be a negative in many eyes, and not something SJ would trumpet as an exciting announcement.
Old 2013-02-16, 06:46   Link #2416
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You do realise that it even GETTING a second season is a good thing right. These things don't happen to every random anime series.
Old 2013-02-16, 12:55   Link #2417
Salce

Quote:
You do realise that it even GETTING a second season is a good thing right. These things don't happen to every random anime series.
But you're comparing it with series that have one or two cour fixed since the begining.
For those series, finishing without adapting all the original source is normal and planned, and getting a second season is good news.

But Hunter x Hunter is a long running series. If it stops being on TV, those are bad news. Even if it gets more episodes in a year.

If it ends now, it would be like the ending of Katekyo Hitman Reborn or Bleach, which got canceled.
Salce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 20:39   Link #2418
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I thought HxH was originally a one-year deal?
Old 2013-02-16, 22:34   Link #2419
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

it was, it had 52 eps greenlighted at the start, so its already past what was planned.
Old 2013-02-17, 03:39   Link #2420
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Just watched the new episode. This is better than the average training one. A lot of conversation was spark in this and new teammates. I like the small eye orange hair gal, her chest keeps bouncing every time. I guess a small hint in fan service?

The good thing about the bomber incident OR that the game is nearly finishing, people get desperate and team up. Without teaming up and using accompany, that pirate event will never been known and people would play this game FOREVER. Truly EVIL game makers

Tags
action, shounen