AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ouran Host Club

Notices

View Poll Results: Ouran Host Club Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 6 18.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 27.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 27.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 21.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 6.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-21, 16:54   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Ouran Host Club Episode 21 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Ouran Host Club, Episode 21.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-08-22, 15:29   Link #2
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-22, 18:03   Link #3
dxgarten

Episode 21 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-23, 20:45   Link #4
bubu
Glittering

Gaack! Another episode dealing with the twins' "issues"? This is the second in a row!...and it's been the subject of 4 of the last 7 eps. It is getting a bit old.
Old 2006-08-24, 22:15   Link #5
Biswa

I'm quite bothered with the twins "issues" and don't see why it takes so much to resolve it. Personally I don't like them that much (well maybe because i'm a straight man. I do like their funny moments, not their gay moments, bahahaha). But the last few episodes were kinda outside, so it's not as interesting, although always funny.

I'm guessing the show is saving up near the end for a prime Haruhi and Tamaki development episodes and will probably conclude with those two as the main focus.
Old 2006-08-28, 06:36   Link #6
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

im tired of the twins... i want more tamaki...
Old 2006-08-29, 10:01   Link #7
wao
OK.

Well I don't think there'll be any more twins-centered eps after this.

The next ep is about Mori-sempai (or rather, his brother) it seems, and the next 3 episode titles are, according to the Japanese wiki (and web newtype for the first one)
Spoiler:

All of them suggest they won't be twins-centered.

I think the screenwriter sacrificed the subject of the episodes for the general flow of the series. I guess he wanted to maintain a particular buildup of tension or mood in general and shifting the episodes around in a different way wouldn't have worked.

Either that, or the producers say "Leave Tamaki x Haruhi for the last!!!", and so he gets all the others out of the way and ends with Tamaki (and puts the twins in a bit of a bad light too).

By the way, for anyone who doesn't already know, it's been the exact same guy who has been writing the script from the show for all the episodes. The guy who wrote 20 out of 39 eps of Utena and all of Melody of Oblivion: Yoji Enokido. I think he worked on Sailor Star S (or whatever part of Sailor Moon that Ikuhara worked on.)
Old 2006-09-01, 10:40   Link #8
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

ahhh so
Spoiler:

it must be difficult inside...
Old 2006-09-02, 12:02   Link #9
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I liked this epi, it was done different then the manga version. Yeah we've been seeing alot of teh twins lately but I liked seeing Hikaru blush when he was in the net with haruhi. Plus the look Tamaki had when the twins say they cant do Club activities and take Haruhi with them was priceless! Plus Nekozawa was in this epi!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-09-02, 12:47   Link #10
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
The next ep is about Mori-sempai (or rather, his brother) it seems, and the next 3 episode titles are, according to the Japanese wiki (and web newtype for the first one)
It's about Mori and his apprentice.
Spoiler for The last couple of episodes of Ouran:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2006-09-02, 16:42   Link #11
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally don't mind the twins, mainly because I personally like Hikaru and Haruhi together moreso than any other Haruhi coupling. Lots more drama involved than all the other couplings combined, IMHO. XD

Still, that wasn't the reason I liked this episode so much. For some reason, Ouran has a tendency to make couples out of childhood friend (episode 2 and 6), and another one in this episode makes me extremely happy. Osana-najimi FTW!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2006-09-02, 17:08   Link #12
i0td

I also really do not mind the episodes featuring the twins. I admit that their stories have taken up quite a share of the series so far, but I have to confess that I do enjoy watching their characters evolve. Of course, like the majority of you, I am glad that the remainder of the series will focus more on the other characters. I am especially looking forward to watching Tamaki finally take the spotlight again.

Other than that, concerning this episode, I have to say that I had fun with Nekozawa's scheme to scare the wits out of class 1-A. lol notice how even their spirits were captured on film. And Renge's Halloween-special entrance into the classroom at the beginning of the episode was priceless.

9/10
Old 2006-09-02, 17:49   Link #13
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
yes the comedy is back up again
nice forcus on some minor chara...i feel sorry for the class rep
funny parts include when the class rep freaks out talking to haruhii and she has to tell him to carm down and when haruhi graps his "leaving spirit" back into his body XD
ooh and watching the twins get scared...i hope they had a good taste of their own medicine priceless
Kaoru seems to want hikaru to move forward...that is soo touching /cry brotherly love...
10/10

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-03, 02:41   Link #14
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I prefer the twins getting episodes to Honey and Mori getting episodes, since there's far more complexity to the twins. Not that I thought this episode was brilliant. I think we've seen the best comedy this series has to offer, but I predicted this would happen from the beginning. Only very, very special comedies can stay consistently funny for the entire course of the series, and, unfortunately, Ouran isn't one of them. Admittedly, I chuckled every now and then in this ep, but it's just not ROFL funny the way it was at the beginning.

This has hinted for a while at a relationship between Hikaru and Haruhi (and, interestingly enough, done it from the point of view of Kaoru most of the time), but I can't see it happening... not before the end of this season, anyway. Which makes me ponder what the point is, past forcing twin development down our throats. The character development is slightly weakened by the fact that we won't see a huge plot before the end, but I shouldn't be too harsh on Ouran for that, since the plot was never the point in the first place. I'm just a bit concerned that some of the other components in Ouran that are the point are weakening with time.
Closed Thread