AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-28, 06:58   Link #41
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm also going to have to add that there is nothing symbolic about holding a brain hostage.
Old 2012-12-28, 12:16   Link #42
noktown

To me it seemed like he was gliding the air,reminded me of Eureka 7 xD
Old 2012-12-28, 13:14   Link #43
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Bigger Party?
Daflamingo is heading to the Island. But a whole underground network of pirates just saw what happened on television. Daflamingo and Buffalo have ways to transport themselves to the Island, how may other pirates who have been watching the failed experiments have abilities or fast transportation that allow them to travel. We already have one Shichibukai and another head to the Island. Possibly be a Yonkou showing up? I wonder if Big Mamma will show up too after getting the report? Possibly the New Alliance between Kidd, Apoo, and Hawkins might make themselves present? With Daflamingo getting into this, the odds of more parties showing has increased.
Old 2012-12-28, 13:28   Link #44
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Chapter title is "The most dangerous man". The ministory involves Caribou stealing jewelry from the old lady who saved him (geez....).
That's gratitude for you coming from such a treacherous man.

Quote:
-The fight between Franky and Baby-5 continues. However, none of B5's attacks have any effect on Franky in his shogun mode (he even sings about how invincible he is!). Meanwhile, Caesar prepares to destroy the heart in his hands.....
Oh Franky, you big ham.

Quote:
-Back at the lab, Doflamingo chats with Vergo. It seems that it's confirmed that Vergo has the most seniority out of all the warlord's crewmembers. Meanwhile, Luffy and co. are busy escaping the lab, which is close to collapsing on all of them due to the SAD room's explosion. Monet notices the explosion from her position, and gets ready to press the lab's self-destruct switch herself. Just as she gives a silent farewell to her master (in which she voices her wish for him to become Pirate King), she collapses, coughing blood. It turns out that Caesar did have her heart instead of Smoker's after all. In fact, HE STABBED HER HEART WITH AN ICICLE....!!!!!
What a shock! (Wheezing laugh)

Quote:
-Law reveals to Smoker that he NEVER gave his heart to Caesar to begin with. He just handed him Monet's, which the scientist mistook for the vice-admiral's. Back at Dressrosa, Dofla's crew realizes that the master himself is gone. He's seen flying across the sea by himself, ordering B5 and Buffalo to take out Franky. He then says that he'll arrive at Punk Hazard himself momentarily.....
I wonder what Doflamingo is planning to do when he arrives? One thing's for sure, Baby-5 and Buffalo will be taken down by Franky before then.
Old 2012-12-28, 13:43   Link #45
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Perfect ending to 2012 finally a big fight is about to happen. Very interested in Doflamingo powers I wonder how it works against haki users as well can't wait.
Old 2012-12-28, 14:48   Link #46
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
There is just one thing I don't quite get: When Law took Smoker's heart (or even Monets), why didn't he turn his heart into smoke, and let it fly back to him?
Does Law's power also negates the Logia's power to turn body parts into the respective element?
Just beeing separated from the main body shouldn't be a problem I think, since we've seen Logias loosing Limbs, which then just turned elemental and flew back to the main body.

I think I remember some of us discussing this matter back when we first saw Law take the heart, but personally, I think he was able to pull it off since he can use haki. Like he keeps the organ coated in armor haki to prevent it from returning to the user's body in case the enemy is a logia user. At least, that's my take on it....
Old 2012-12-28, 15:46   Link #47
SeanQ

Looks more like Doflamingo was walking on strings...
Old 2012-12-28, 15:47   Link #48
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
That what I said in the previous page. Doflamingo more than likely has powers involving strings.
Old 2012-12-28, 16:11   Link #49
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Zoro's turn
I would like to see Zoro take on Daflamingo because everyone in this arch has had someone to take on except for Zoro(Harpy does not count). Zoro is also the only guy we have not seen put his true skill to work. We saw Sanji's limit with Vergo and we have watched Luffy since the entrance to the new world display his powers. Zoro is the only one out of the trio that has not faced a worthy opponent. Even Law and Smoker got to face off with strong people. For better or worse it is time for a spot light on Zoro.
You're assuming there's going to be an all-out fight by the time Doflamingo arrives, but it's looking very likely that the strawhats will be gone before then. Zoro doesn't need a turn. He already had his moment against Monet, which was impressive in itself since he fodderized her without even getting serious. This arc is at its end; don't expect any major battles to happen in the next few chapters. Clearly the birdman is going to get his own story arc where he'll be dealt with there. Until then, we'll have to wait to see the full extent of his capabilities.

And we didn't see Sanji's limit with Vergo. They had a short skirmish and we're pretty evenly matched. Neither of them were fighting at their best. The only thing that caught Sanji by surprise was the strength of Vergo's hits. After his leg bone got cracked, he knew it would be more prudent to dodge Vergo's attacks altogether than block them. You also have to account for the fact that Sanji wasn't at his best physically because Nami had damaged his body beforehand.

The point is, none of the monster trio have been pushed to their limits yet. Dresrosa will probably be the place where they'll finally be put to the test.
Old 2012-12-28, 16:49   Link #50
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

while the above does seem plausible, I wouldn't rule out it becoming an all-oud brawl with Doflamingo.

I mean, having it turn out as such would be breaking the mold pretty well, wouldn't it?
Old 2012-12-28, 18:53   Link #51
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Ya actually I thought maybe Buffalo took some strings with him and made this enourmous tightrope. It looks like Donflamingo is running across the air almost, like a cheetah.

It is surprising that Law is able to steal the heart of a logia. Alternatively, does squeezing Luffy's heart have an effect if he is rubber?

It looks like Caribou put mud on the womans face while she was sleeping? Also what is framed below the clock in the old ladies house? It looks like a thermometer maybe?
Old 2012-12-28, 20:39   Link #52
marvelB

Oh, and another thing I meant to address:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I mean at this point, I don't even think a Yonku or Admiral by himself/herself can overwhelm Luffy/Zoro/Sanji combined not to mention Law and Smoker. If they can, the the two year training is a total joke.

Well, look at it from this perspective: At Marineford, we saw Sengoku take on Blackbeard's entire crew solo with little trouble on his end. And let's also not forget about Akainu, who had guys like Whitebeard, most of his commanders, Jinbei, Ivankov, etc. on his dick, yet NONE of them could really stop him from pursuing Luffy like the bloodthirsty hound he is. Heck, it didn't even take him long to recover from Whitebeard's quakepunch assault after he murdered Ace. Those facts alone should speak volumes about what kind of monsters the admirals are.

That being said, it may very well be the case that even the combined might of the current monster trio would have a rough time against an emperor or admiral. That's why I keep on arguing that forming alliances with the other supernovas would be Luffy's best bet towards toppling all of those powerful forces....
Old 2012-12-28, 21:20   Link #53
Undertaker

I agree with you, I just don't think they can be overwhlemed with little resistance.

Akainu's charge is one thing, he was obviously out for blood and keep in mind that Marine to have the overwhelming advantage in members and secondary fighters that kept WB's top commander and even WB himself occupied.

As for Sengoku, I don't remember it was one-sided, I remember that confrontation was pretty brief and none of BB's crew was being pressed either before Garp joins and they had a staredown before Shanks join the fray.

I'll need to check back on that though...
Old 2012-12-28, 22:01   Link #54
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
That what I said in the previous page. Doflamingo more than likely has powers involving strings.
So much hints! Yes, Doflamingo power is Puppeteering with strings and it seem like he is Puppeteering himself to fly.
Old 2012-12-28, 23:21   Link #55
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You're assuming there's going to be an all-out fight by the time Doflamingo arrives, but it's looking very likely that the strawhats will be gone before then. Zoro doesn't need a turn. He already had his moment against Monet, which was impressive in itself since he fodderized her without even getting serious. This arc is at its end; don't expect any major battles to happen in the next few chapters. Clearly the birdman is going to get his own story arc where he'll be dealt with there. Until then, we'll have to wait to see the full extent of his capabilities.

And we didn't see Sanji's limit with Vergo. They had a short skirmish and we're pretty evenly matched. Neither of them were fighting at their best. The only thing that caught Sanji by surprise was the strength of Vergo's hits. After his leg bone got cracked, he knew it would be more prudent to dodge Vergo's attacks altogether than block them. You also have to account for the fact that Sanji wasn't at his best physically because Nami had damaged his body beforehand.

The point is, none of the monster trio have been pushed to their limits yet. Dresrosa will probably be the place where they'll finally be put to the test.
Daflamingo’s Point of View
Baby 5 and Buffalo have arrived to get CC has they were ordered, but they are fighting with the enemy(Franky). Monet and Vergo’s conditions are unknown at the point. The facility did not blow up. Daflamingo has given Baby 5 and Buffalo orders to keep the tin man(Franky) busy until he gets there. He also wants CC back so he can continue his SAD production. Law, Luffy, and Smoker, just laid waste to the SAD facility, defeated his people (Vergo his right hand man), Law challenged Daflamingo directly, and Luffy and Law have a alliance. You know the old saying, if you want things done right you do it yourself. I do predict a major battle to unfold. Second do we know how fast Daflamingo is going? Do you think Daflamingo will settle for failure?

Zoro and Sanji
Of course Zoro needs a turn, he is one of the supernovas. That would be like throwing Nami at Law and saying that was Law’s spot light. That is totally unfair for Zoro and he needs to be in the spot light. Has for Sanji, Vergo cracked the most powerful tool in Sanji’s arsenal (His leg), he did it with his own leg. In chapter 682 pages 8 Sanji was wounded on the leg, and even Sanji admitted the situation was bad.

Quote:
Oh, and another thing I meant to address:
Well, look at it from this perspective: At Marineford, we saw Sengoku take on Blackbeard's entire crew solo with little trouble on his end. And let's also not forget about Akainu, who had guys like Whitebeard, most of his commanders, Jinbei, Ivankov, etc. on his dick, yet NONE of them could really stop him from pursuing Luffy like the bloodthirsty hound he is. Heck, it didn't even take him long to recover from Whitebeard's quakepunch assault after he murdered Ace. Those facts alone should speak volumes about what kind of monsters the admirals are.

That being said, it may very well be the case that even the combined might of the current monster trio would have a rough time against an emperor or admiral. That's why I keep on arguing that forming alliances with the other supernovas would be Luffy's best bet towards toppling all of those powerful forces....
“Call me a demon, call me a monster.. but I can’t be the strongest forever..!!!”~ White Beard
Monsters, Yonkou, Admiral, Fleet Admiral, Shichibuakai, Pirate King, Dark King, The Three great powers, Greatest Military Power, Strongest Man in the World, 1 Division, Hero of the Marines, Revolutionary Leader, and etc. You know what is consistent with all of these titles. They are powerful and their reputation proceeds them. But you know what also consistent, they are all human. At certain point in each one of there lives they were kids, rookies, seamen recruits, soldiers, and even deck hands. Eventually they grew and became who they are. I think the Straw hats could do it.

Second of all the people you named above, White Beard was the only one to put Akainu in his place. He also was the only one who could use King haki. Luffy can use King haki so comparing his haki skills with everyone else who does not have king haki is a little unfair. I personally think Luffy’s haki is stronger then most of the people at marineford.
Old 2012-12-28, 23:30   Link #56
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I think it's fair to say at this point that not even the top tier fighters can easily overwhelm the strawhats anymore. Statements like "they still have a long ways to go" or "they're not ready to contend with the big players yet" are quite frankly unreasonable. We're 60% through the story according to Oda, and by doing the math that leaves us with approximately 10 years left of the story. If they're not ready to face off against the elites now, then when will they be? I'm adamant in my claim that Luffy is now high-high tier, with Zoro and Sanji being mid-high tier at the very least. Anything less than that is nonsensical and a slap in the face to the time-skip training. One Piece has always had steady/gradual strength progressions, and this new world portion of the story should be no different. If people still insist on classifying the strawhats as "not ready yet" or having inadequate strength, then that means they have to jump ridiculous leaps and bounds to reach the top in a 10-year time frame. Does that sound feasible? Judging by history, not really. Unless Oda plans on doing another time-skip, absurd power-ups after each arc would be needed to close the gaps which isn't his style.
Old 2012-12-28, 23:42   Link #57
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Zoro and Sanji
Of course Zoro needs a turn, he is one of the supernovas. That would be like throwing Nami at Law and saying that was Law’s spot light. That is totally unfair for Zoro and he needs to be in the spot light. Has for Sanji, Vergo cracked the most powerful tool in Sanji’s arsenal (His leg), he did it with his own leg. In chapter 682 pages 8 Sanji was wounded on the leg, and even Sanji admitted the situation was bad.
Zoro can afford to sit out the rest of this arc. I'd say the middle trio and weak trio are in greater need of spot light.

As for your Sanji analysis, that doesn't remotely imply Sanji was at his limit.
Old 2012-12-29, 00:11   Link #58
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I think it's fair to say at this point that not even the top tier fighters can easily overwhelm the strawhats anymore. Statements like "they still have a long ways to go" or "they're not ready to contend with the big players yet" are quite frankly unreasonable. We're 60% through the story according to Oda, and by doing the math that leaves us with approximately 10 years left of the story. If they're not ready to face off against the elites now, then when will they be? I'm adamant in my claim that Luffy is now high-high tier, with Zoro and Sanji being mid-high tier at the very least. Anything less than that is nonsensical and a slap in the face to the time-skip training. One Piece has always had steady/gradual strength progressions, and this new world portion of the story should be no different. If people still insist on classifying the strawhats as "not ready yet" or having inadequate strength, then that means they have to jump ridiculous leaps and bounds to reach the top in a 10-year time frame. Does that sound feasible? Judging by history, not really. Unless Oda plans on doing another time-skip, absurd power-ups after each arc would be needed to close the gaps which isn't his style.
Zoro
I think Zoro is either equal to Luffy or stronger.
Old 2012-12-29, 00:16   Link #59
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Zoro
I think Zoro is either equal to Luffy or stronger.
In before shit storm happens .
Old 2012-12-29, 00:26   Link #60
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^Monster Trio and Supernovas
I think it is true. Out of all monster trio Luffy and Sanji have shown there stuff off. Out of the supernovas Luffy and Law have shown there skills has well. But Zoro is the only one who getting screwed. Also out of everyone in the Straw Hats Luffy and Zoro are the only supernovas. Sanji is only compared to Luffy and Zoro because he is part of the monster trio and that is not official title like supernova is.
Closed Thread