AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 12:06   Link #961
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I belive that Lulu's plan WAS to die. I don't think he knew he had the code, as his geass didn't dissaper. I mean, no one could have know. What are the chances that someone with geass has enoght power to take the code, but takes it from another code carrier. What were the chances that the ONLY two code carriers in the world would split up and meet again. C.C. HAS died temporarly too at the beginnin of season 1 and 2.

I can only imagine Lulu comming back to life going: Huh...what the fuck? Why ain't I dead? Oh crap.....I gotta play dead for now or my plan's screwed. Does my geass still work? Oh who cares?!!! Shit, somone take my body away. Orange......orange...plan failed, I'm still alive. Get me the hel out of here before anyone notices."
I don't buy it. There is nothing in the series to show that Lulu got the code. He still has geass. Now as for this "dying in order to activate the code" thing....well that's nice and all except when these immortals "die" they usually come back fairly quickly. He would still be on that platform surrounded by all those people. Not to mention Nunnally was holding on to him at the time. I think she would have noticed if he randomly came back to life.

As much as I love Lelouch, bringing him back would cheapen the end and take away from the emotional impact of it. This was his atonement and redemption.
Old 2008-09-28, 12:07   Link #962
aznegglover
The power of FABULOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthra View Post
As for the debate on Lulu's survival, I suppose its possible if he had Charles's code, but knowing he would survive would diminish the nobility of his final act as emperor. I wouldn't hate it mind you, and there is a certain appeal to him and CC wandering the world as immortal lovers, but it would be a different ending than the one we were presented.

To put his survival another way, Lelouche takes upon himself the sins of the world, and sacrifices his life as atonement for them. He then raises from the dead (say three days later), hmmm where have I heard that story before...

In any case I think the ending was well done because Lelouche accomplishes his goals and everything else is left for the viewer to decide. Does Kallen and Gino hook up, they look friendly at the wedding but Kallen is living with her mom (IE: not married or anything). Did Lelouche survive, he was stabbed through the heart by Suzaku, but CC talks to him in a cart being driven by someone who could very well be in disguise.

The ending is up to you to decide.
Wait, there was a wedding?

And hocrap. Lelouch is JESUS?
aznegglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:08   Link #963
bibi333
Mortel

http://www.duose.com/p/2008/0928/78274_203125.jpg

Lelouch is alive
bibi333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:10   Link #964
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Wow this anime was awesome but completely turned to shit after episode 12 of R2. His Zero Requiem didn't even make sense. The fact that everyone who died is still alive is also a sign of a bad plot. Lelouch is still alive, he is obviously the guy driving the cart or they wouldn't have shown that scene. All in all I'd give this entire anime a 5/10 and R1 being a possible 9.5/10. The storyline involving Charles and Schneizal was so terrible that I cannot seem to fathom how anyone could possibly think this anime was good in any way.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:12   Link #965
Renya

just wondering is there a special episode on the dvd volume?
just heard some people talking about it on mirc #gg lol

Ending was alright i guess, but i don't believe lelouch to be dead.
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:12   Link #966
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I am surprised people are not pissed that this ended happy...for everyone else but Lelouch. I know people who demand everything end in death and tragedy.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:13   Link #967
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Now that i have seen the subs i revise a bit my judgement, i had mistook 1 key word during the lelouch x nunnaly chat when watching the raw.
The end was fitting but i didnt like it because of the direction the anime started heading after episode 18. CG went for the over dramatic "missunderstood" hero, it was done properly but for me it was a bit too common for me.
There is still a lot of unanswered questions left it seems the scriptwriters didnt finish their job.
Now it s over, i hope to see an OVA of some sort to give a bit more explanations of the unanswered stuff.

I really hated how the resurrected so many "dead" character cornellia, guilford and also didnt kill any of the secondary cast. plot armor was allmighty for everyone with a name.
the happy ending was really too much

Now let s see what G00 s2 has in stock for us. i hope that, reguardless of who ever copied the idea of focusing the world hatred on themselve to unite it, we will have a different scenario and direction.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:15   Link #968
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

I can't accept Lelouch taking all the pain for himself, but meh, it really did leave a good impression to me. Although the path up towards the ending was pretty bumpy.
obentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:16   Link #969
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibi333 View Post
Look at the shape of that guy's face...that is not Lelouch. And why are people pointing to the collar on that pic? Look at that collar and look at his collar in my avatar. They are nothing alike. Lulu doesn't own outfits like that.
Old 2008-09-28, 12:16   Link #970
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

oh come this all zero "whacked" is all an f'n ACT besides i even look at some parts at youtube like let see especially the part suzaku/zero jump the "orange" it look like a ACT besides i'm so sure as like a ticking time kaboom that lelouch's " whacked" is a m-f'n ACT COVER UP!!!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:17   Link #971
Magna20

For the people who do not know why the show is called 'Code Geass',
the show was called like that because in the end lelouch would obtain both The 'Code' for immortals and 'Geass' wich he did when charles grabbed him. And for the ones who believe he is death, Lelouch transferred some of his memories to nunnaly wich only immortals can do (as shown by C.C in the beginning of season 2) that and the 'code for immortality'
is activated after the holder dies, wich happend. He had to get out of the picture somehow in order to live in peace, in order to do that he had to fake his death. And the person on the vehicle makes it even more obvious, Lelouch is alive that is basicley a fact.
Magna20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:18   Link #972
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
As much as I love Lelouch, bringing him back would cheapen the end and take away from the emotional impact of it. This was his atonement and redemption.
Exactly.

While overall I'm not satisfied with the series (Plot Holes, Broken Character Developments, and Such) I can see where the story and Lelouch's character was designed. He was a tragic hero, if he faked his own death and fooled everyone yet again how cheap would his sacrifice be?

They already made examples of Suzaku and CC that immortality/inability for death wasn't something that led to happiness.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:21   Link #973
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post

While overall I'm not satisfied with the series (Plot Holes, Broken Character Developments, and Such) I can see where the story and Lelouch's character was designed. He was a tragic hero, if he faked his own death and fooled everyone yet again how cheap would his sacrifice be?
Kind of like Jesus if you believe in some religions. He came back but it didn't cheapen anything for the believers.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:21   Link #974
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna20 View Post
And the person on the vehicle makes it even more obvious, Lelouch is alive that is basicley a fact.
That person looks nothing like Lelouch. Lelouch being alive is not a "fact" at all.
Old 2008-09-28, 12:22   Link #975
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
True, but now we have TWO immortals who love eachother. If that's not happiness, I don't know what is
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:22   Link #976
a1047

10/10

Great job lelouch

now i want 3rd season
a1047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:22   Link #977
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
I think that was a very good ending given what the staff have to work with in the past few episodes. Whether Lelouch dies or not (I'm thinking of more dead than not), is not the point. The point is he got to do what he desires to do the most: destroy and recreate the world, even at the cost of his name/life. It is very consistent with all his actions throughout the entire series. Lelouch, for all his actions, has shown that he has no regard for his own welfare and has always been about other people. This is what he wants to do and he is happy with it. Anything that Lelouch wants, I want.

This is a ending that has CONSISTENCY and CLOSURE. I don't understand the rage and there shouldn't be any rage. I have shown EPIC RAGE when Macross Frontier 25 aired because it has no conclusion and no consistency. That was a shitty ending.

Macross: BAD END 1/10
Geass: GOOD END 10/10

Well played, Sunrise, well played.

The only problem I have is with C.C....she seems so out of place near the end. Perhaps if Lelouch was alive with her, taking the secrets of Code Geass with them two into obscurity, it wouldn't seem so out of place.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:22   Link #978
TEC

as you said itīs as not a fact as so i belive to BUT i wish for it and enternity live lelouch
TEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:23   Link #979
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
That person looks nothing like Lelouch. Lelouch being alive is not a "fact" at all.
Exactly even though I think he is dead I am open to the possibility that he could have obtained the code and lived. But to say it is a fact is ridiculous.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:25   Link #980
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Ougi is alive...damn it

Pretty sad that Lelouch is dead though. But that's a big sacrifice...hope it's worth

Is C.C. still immortal?