AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-10-27, 21:42   Link #121
kaito08

I don't know if this is a rumor or not but on the latest chapter of the manga there's a notice that the manga will be discontinued. Can anyone verify this?
The magazine website says that the next issue will not be printed; however it doesn't specify is the series will be dropped or not.
kaito08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 23:51   Link #122
ramlaen

yeah I have heard that rumor going around as well, apparently the magazine had that notice for other series that have appeared again at a later date
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 20:56   Link #123
Dr_Himekatsu
Superintendent Professor

Quote:
Really good manga. It's something that I have never really seen before. I really recommend this for anyone that likes romance/school life/seinen/supernatural genre.
I agree; I totally got hook on it the first time I read the first chapter. Though others wouldn't appreciate it much it's still a good recommendation ^_~ Ossu~!
Dr_Himekatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 15:37   Link #124
il_capitano
tea for universe

The chapter in the November issue of Afternoon (i.e. chapter 28) has a message that says there won't be a new chapter in the December issue (which is out now), but it will be back it the January issue (with color pages).

So no worries.
il_capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 11:12   Link #125
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_capitano View Post
The chapter in the November issue of Afternoon (i.e. chapter 28) has a message that says there won't be a new chapter in the December issue (which is out now), but it will be back it the January issue (with color pages).

So no worries.
Thanks alot for clearing this up, glad they didn't drop the series...

Last edited by Waven; 2008-11-02 at 06:42.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 21:18   Link #126
Kaffe

Thanks indeed! For a while, I was really worried, because I like this series a lot. Thank you for clearing things out.
Kaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 04:11   Link #127
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for chap 28:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 08:32   Link #128
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

why would urabe need to leap from the bushes if he does something dishonest she will see it in his fac and them sample his drool and know the truth, leaping from the bushes would skip too far away from the path this manga has taken.
Old 2008-11-02, 08:51   Link #129
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Is it just me or does this new girl kinda look... like a crack head?

Anyway, I enjoyed this series at first but there seems to be miniscule progression in the main characters relationship.

Can just sucking drool everyday constitute as a relationship? They only occasionally go out and do something. Like once a month. There's no physical advancement, they don't even do something as elementary as hold hands. I have no doubt that it'll progress later but... its going soooo slow.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 11:45   Link #130
UPR

Wow what a way to go before hiatus.

Suprised while reading it, but then again Urabe tatses the girl with glasses drool maybe Tsubaki also has a connection with his junior school crush, as just friends.

If Urabe reacted the way she did for a couple of picture books man I fear for there lifes if she finds out about this.
Old 2008-11-02, 12:29   Link #131
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Introducing a girl whom Tsubaki shares some history with, who also has similar hair to Urabe but most importantly seems to have the same 'drool-power' as her will lead to the ultimate proof that there is already far more than just drool-exchange and preference in girl-type to their affection hence the fact they already have a full-fledged relationship due to what they've already been through even though their standards of it might differ from mine or yours.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 19:20   Link #132
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
why would urabe need to leap from the bushes if he does something dishonest she will see it in his fac and them sample his drool and know the truth, leaping from the bushes would skip too far away from the path this manga has taken.
Well SORRY for posting my first impressions and thoughts instead of logically posting after thinking about it , but you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave View Post
Introducing a girl whom Tsubaki shares some history with, who also has similar hair to Urabe but most importantly seems to have the same 'drool-power' as her will lead to the ultimate proof that there is already far more than just drool-exchange and preference in girl-type to their affection hence the fact they already have a full-fledged relationship due to what they've already been through even though their standards of it might differ from mine or yours.
I totally agree with you here. I do expect this to affect him emotionally, being his former love interest. This could be the ripple to test their relat...yeah what Wave said.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 07:09   Link #133
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
I'm really disappointed by Tsubaki's attitude. I thought he learned his lesson with the magazines.

Ueno even told him this famous motto. It entered through one ear to leave right through the other.
ritalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 13:39   Link #134
ellifeedn
Thinker

The new chapter is out! And things are going to get wild.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 00:35   Link #135
passin'gass
Cropduster

Episode 29:
Tsubaki DIDN'T taste her drool, and admitted he had a GF

But she ain't backing down! And even confronted Urabe!

Charging First Love VS Steadfast First Girlfriend...Fight!!!

RE ch28-29:
If this was RL (and you were 16 again), what would you have done in Tsubaki's situation?
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 00:54   Link #136
ellifeedn
Thinker

I would stick with my current girlfriend, considering that she can would will definitely kill me if I broke up with her after what we went through.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 05:35   Link #137
Jeiku

Earlier, I clicked on this title accidentally while checking up on another manga, and for some reason, I decided to read it without giving it a second thought or looking at the synopsis. I've never heard of it before until today. All I can say is, aside from having to get used to the predominant saliva kink, I'm highly enjoying this. It's the sort of slice-of-life romantic story that I've been looking for ever since I read My Lovely Ghost Kana: it is cute and the characters aren't stupid or indecisive, and the story is very simple aside from focusing on these two leads' flourishing romance. It's nice to be able to read something with assertive characters for once. That, and I find the manga's emotional moments to be very touching. And I quite like how the manga doesn't revolve around the tired-out "Are they going to do it or are they not?" formula, and it's easy to see how the author touches and comments on the subject of sexuality in adolescent relationships without jabbing it in as the selling focus of the plot.

I've caught up with all 29 chapters so far, and I'll be looking forward to more of it; this is another series I'll be keeping tabs on from now on.
Jeiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 02:17   Link #138
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Yeah, I stumbled upon this thread a little while ago and decided to give this manga a shot, even though it's not really my type of manga. I was actually pretty turned off by the whole "taste my drool" thing at first and I didn't really like Urabe. I told myself I would stop reading it but ended up reading a chapter or two a day, and I've come to actually enjoy it. I still don't like Urabe's character that much and watching her and Tsubaki act the way they do with each other is somewhat annoying, but otherwise it's rather entertaining, and from the last few chapters it looks like things will get alot more interesting.
Old 2009-01-02, 10:54   Link #139
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

Tasting someone elses drool without lip to lip contact does sound pretty nasty to most people I imagine. However, the truth of it is thier are many many much stranger fetishes out there and personally I find Urabe charming. She has a very innocent quality about her, and the story itself is pretty different from your usual harem romance fare. Though with the recent addition of a new girl it does make me wonder if the author isn't headed in that dirrection.
Old 2009-01-16, 22:35   Link #140
passin'gass
Cropduster

Chapter 30
That was a really underhanded thing to do, Hayakawa! Respect lvl went down a few points there.

If Tsubaki discovers your duplicity...way to ruin his fond memories of and trusting you!

Last edited by passin'gass; 2009-01-16 at 22:36. Reason: oops this is not anime
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen