AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-04-13, 18:26   Link #2301
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Nobody knows, this is like the question asked a few pages back about what would happen if VV was blown into the sun >.<;;;
Nobody will know for sure because it is one of the untold things anime never goes deeper into and that will never happen in the geass-verse
To end the discussion about killing the Immortals...

Definition of Immortal via Dictionary.com:
Immortal: not liable or subject to death

They don't die. Period.
Old 2010-04-16, 21:36   Link #2302
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

If I remember correctly back in season 1, lelouch just wanted to get revenge at his father and kill him. So when did the notion of zero requiem?
________
VAPIR ONE BAGS

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:06.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 21:59   Link #2303
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

To be accurate he wanted revenge for his mother's death, and to find out who did so he could wrought vengeance on them specifically. He holds a grudge for the imperial family because they would endanger him and Nunnally, thus is why he kills them. He also kills them for other reasons, being enemy commanders, being a liable threat, etc etc...

Zero Requiem was conjured up from Lelouch because he didn't feel much willingness to live after his little sister 'died' and his knights betrayed him. He had no one to turn to but a neutral geass witch and a knight that wanted him dead.

He wanted an escape, so he placed himself on the throne and named himself emperor so he could rule the world for a brief moment before perishing in Zero Requiem, as becoming emperor was also a way to lure out Schneizel and his benefactors so he could remove them as well.

He wanted peace, for himself and for the world. He would 'shed so much blood the name of the massacre princess would be forgotten/washed away." being a jab at what he was doing and what his intentions were.

He wanted to own up to his crimes, so he committed them more, he had a death wish and so forth.

To be lessen the explanation, it went like this

Suzaku wanted to die more then anything else, so his punishment for his crimes were to live as Zero - the messiah he held in contempt.

Lelouch wanted to live in the world he would make for Nunnally, so his punishment for his crimes was to die in the process of making a new world.

Someone could do a better job, just ill luck for you to get me telling you
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 22:57   Link #2304
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
________
red head girl Cam

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:06.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 23:53   Link #2305
azul120

Suzaku didn't really want him dead at that point. He even asked if there was another way before they started ZR.

As for the second to last line there, at that point it would be "would have made for Nunnally", since Nunnally was thought dead, though it may as well have been despair influenced suicide by cop rather than punishment.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 12:30   Link #2306
Ten-Go

Could anyone name the occupation of the every survived character after the end of R2? I mean the canonic information (if there are some).
Ten-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 12:47   Link #2307
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten-Go View Post
Could anyone name the occupation of the every survived character after the end of R2? I mean the canonic information (if there are some).
not much has been confirmed, but from what i can see

Kallen student
Nunnaly empress
Suzaku zero
Milly newswoman
Tamaki bistro owner
Orange farmer (pun intended)
Sugiyama musician
Ougi PM of japan

thats about all i can name
Old 2010-04-17, 12:56   Link #2308
Ten-Go

Any thoughts about Cornellia?
Ten-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 13:10   Link #2309
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten-Go View Post
Any thoughts about Cornellia?
dominatrix ?
Old 2010-04-17, 21:50   Link #2310
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

....That is a simple question, with an incredibly thoughtful answer.

Cornelia is Cornelia, sister avenging badass with some awesome R2 clothing. Plus she gets a sword, and at the end she is reunited with her Knight. Albeit he is blind and cannot serve her in longer in military matters.

Still, both of them survived. Which is good, since I hold both of them in high regard as military commanders and pilots.

What I mean is:

Cornelia is alive, that is good. She has been reunited with her loyal knight. Which is a plus.

More or less, but I like Blade's answer much better.... What was Euphemia then?

...Never mind, let's not get into that.
Old 2010-04-17, 21:59   Link #2311
azul120

Though she has a lot to answer for that she never did in any way during the series.

Funny thing about the dominatrix quip: I once ran across a CLAMP drawing of Cornelia in bondage gear.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 13:55   Link #2312
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

@Roriconfan: Yes, it's magic.

Nunnally in both seasons can touch a person's hand and know their feelings, who they are, and so forth. How she is able to see the visions she did is beyond me.

Geass dissipates when a person dies, so maybe that is it's effect. (Beying expoded to C.C.'s 'mind mayhem' might have mutated his egass in a unique fashion, but that is groundless.)

Sol Falling brought this up once, I think.

Or maybe not. Wouldn't know, if you want the answer search for it. I'm exterior custodian useful when it comes to this kind of thing.
Old 2010-04-18, 14:07   Link #2313
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
@Roriconfan: Yes, it's magic.

Nunnally in both seasons can touch a person's hand and know their feelings, who they are, and so forth. How she is able to see the visions she did is beyond me.

Geass dissipates when a person dies, so maybe that is it's effect. (Beying expoded to C.C.'s 'mind mayhem' might have mutated his egass in a unique fashion, but that is groundless.)

Sol Falling brought this up once, I think.

Or maybe not. Wouldn't know, if you want the answer search for it. I'm exterior custodian useful when it comes to this kind of thing.
... no, Geass does not dissipate when a person dies. Sol Falling brought up that it was likely that the visions that were seen when Nunnally touched Lelouch was merely for our benefit, and that she didn't see magic visions of what happened.
Old 2010-04-18, 14:13   Link #2314
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

The 'Yes, it's magic' was sarcasm. So sorry that I didn't add an implicated emoticon.

Watch Cheering Mao again, specifically the part where Mao is shot in the neck by C.C.. His Geass dissipates because he died.

It's reasoning, but that is the only time we've seen geass openly vanish when someone dies. Lelouch had his contacts while Rolo simply had his heart failure. Neither of them were 'active' in the sense, Rolo's simply overused his geass, thus resulting in his death.

My point: Geass does vanish from the person's eyes (if it is permenant/is active)

I'm aware it was also for our benefit, but that is a plothole that needs to be explained somewhat... 'our benefit' just makes me abit more curious, honestly.
Old 2010-04-18, 14:20   Link #2315
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
The 'Yes, it's magic' was sarcasm. So sorry that I didn't add an implicated emoticon.

Watch Cheering Mao again, specifically the part where Mao is shot in the neck by C.C.. His Geass dissipates because he died.

It's reasoning, but that is the only time we've seen geass openly vanish when someone dies. Lelouch had his contacts while Rolo simply had his heart failure. Neither of them were 'active' in the sense, Rolo's simply overused his geass, thus resulting in his death.

My point: Geass does vanish from the person's eyes (if it is permenant/is active)

I'm aware it was also for our benefit, but that is a plothole that needs to be explained somewhat... 'our benefit' just makes me abit more curious, honestly.
I thought you were referring to any and all effects of Geass that were still active prior to the user's death, actually. And I wasn't commenting on your sarcastic magic response (though you're right, you should've used an emoticon), I was simply clarifying what Sol Falling brought up since you weren't sure.
Old 2010-04-18, 16:03   Link #2316
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Hooooold on, what is this supernatural power again? Since when did Nunnally was able to read minds? Ι understand emotions but mind reading? This is plain stupid. Sounds like yet another plot hole.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 16:09   Link #2317
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

People assume its a supernatural ability. The explanation that was given was that because Nunnally was Geassed into blindness, she can tell people's emotions, or if they're lying, by touching their hand. People just assume its supernatural or something because of the images that were displayed when she touched Lelouch during Zero Requiem. But it can just as easily be assumed that the images were put there for our benefit, to symbolize Nunnally realizing what was actually going on with Zero Requiem.

But you know, doing that kinda removes people's ability to bitch about it, and people don't like it when they can't complain about something, apparently.
Old 2010-04-18, 16:30   Link #2318
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Let me get this right... Nannully was geassed to be blind. And for some reason that made her to be able to read emotions. And her blindness was cured, for some reason again she was now able to read minds.

Did I got this right?
DOES IT MAKE ANY SENSE???
I can just imagine the geass command: "I command you to lose your memory of the incident and be blinded permanently with the power to read emotions thereafter and with the chance to be miraculously cured if you ever confront your brother and really want to stop him from doing something bad, which will allow you to read minds thereafter."
Did I got this right? If I did, this series sucks harder than before at story.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 16:36   Link #2319
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Nunnally developed the ability to read emotions and people because she was blind. Call it heightened senses, but that itself is stretching it. I wouldn't really know, but since she was under the effect of geass for 9 years until she regained her eyesight.

She regained her eyesight because she broke the geass command set on her by Charles by sheer willpower. The variable is geass has unintended consequences.. well, usually anyways.

Maybe it was shown for our benefit and maybe she didn't actually see the visions and just felt the 'emotions'. That is a better explanation, I do believe. But that still leaves the plot holes, unfortunately.

Maybe she didn't see the visions and just felt the emotions behind him and concluded it was something of that caliber? I think that sounds plausible to some degree.
Old 2010-04-19, 00:29   Link #2320
Pika_power

How about this? We know that Code users tend to have rather bad reactions when touched when unstable. You can't get more unstable than dying for the first time.

So I suggest the Cart Driver theory to solve your problem. Lelouch got his father's Code, but because the Code was not from C.C., he could keep his Geass, thus obtaining the titular Code Geass. When he got stabbed, the code activated. This caused memories to spill over to Nunnally when she touched him. When he died, 'Leouch' died, to be reborn as the titular R2. This way we satisfy the "Lelouch is dead" statement from the director. (But really, he announced that Nunners was already dead when she wasn't, so we can ignore that statement).

He then runs off with C.C. on a cart, so he can fulfil her request.
Pika_power is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a