AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-12-18, 12:07   Link #21
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Really? I have the raw scans, so I would expect to see that some one had tried to translate them.
falcolobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 09:10   Link #22
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

I think what people want are "fan translated" versions of the novel itself.. (similar to fansubs)

Although I believe sharing links would somehow be a form of breaking forum rules or something..

I'm really wondering how some people already have ideas on how the novel goes and how the characters are.. even before the anime had begun airing.
Old 2010-12-19, 10:43   Link #23
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Some of us read the raw novel. That's why we understand how the novel goes and how the characters are. Speaking of fan translation, chinese translation is usually a lot faster than english one so I think you will have more luck searching for that if you understand chinese.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 01:02   Link #24
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Some of us read the raw novel. That's why we understand how the novel goes and how the characters are. Speaking of fan translation, chinese translation is usually a lot faster than english one so I think you will have more luck searching for that if you understand chinese.
As far as I know, vol 1 & 2 are translated in Chinese already. Someone is working on vol 5. I have no idea why vol 3 and 4 are skipped.
Old 2010-12-20, 05:41   Link #25
zephyr325

Vol.6 is coming out on 24th Dec - Christmas Eve.

Amazon Japan will begin sale on 21st.

I just pre-ordered it... says it takes about 9~10 days to arrive.

I could try doing the translation for this forum, but it would be at very slow pace... and I might not be able to port all the jokes and puns that author puts in. (playing with meaning/pronounciation of words, idioms and proverbs is nightmare for translator...)

If that's Ok with you, I could try...
zephyr325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 06:03   Link #26
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I'm gonna try ordering it tomorrow then O_O. I'll help you with translating some part after I get the book and finish reading it XD. Really hope Tatenashi gonna have a major appearance in 6th volume too XD
Old 2010-12-20, 07:16   Link #27
tsunade666

then why ask for the baka-tsuki. It's a lot easier. With a translator for a series. It would be add to the series in baka-tsuki. Plus it's easier for novel readers too.
Old 2010-12-20, 07:57   Link #28
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I'm not ready to commit to translating a series yet so I have to refuse that offer. The difference between a formal translation and translation at a forum is that I don't have to translate every word from the novel, I can just translate the story into some kind of a detailed summary and insert the important conversation there.
Old 2010-12-20, 09:02   Link #29
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Guess that's a brick wall for me.. (or in this case a steel wall)

Not able to understand japanese nor chinese language.

I have to pass or wait until the anime or something......................................... .............
Old 2010-12-26, 06:21   Link #30
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I hope someone translate the manga someday.
Old 2010-12-27, 16:39   Link #31
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

I am more interested about Volume Six's colored illustrations
Old 2010-12-29, 02:14   Link #32
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Also, a few months ago when Yuzuru announced the sixth volume, Okiura put a new pixiv image featuring a potentially fanservice shot of Rinin with her shirt open

This was the heading text: セカンド幼馴染にワンチャン

I wonder if there was something like in terms of illustration in the sixth volume

Image in question:

Spoiler for Potential NSFW:
Old 2010-12-29, 03:01   Link #33
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Need another 2-4 weeks before my copy arrive. If by the time my copy arrive there's still no novel illustration uploaded somewhere, I'll try upload mine. Can't promise on the picture quality though.
Old 2010-12-29, 03:37   Link #34
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
As far as I know, vol 1 & 2 are translated in Chinese already. Someone is working on vol 5. I have no idea why vol 3 and 4 are skipped.
Actually thats because vol5 is translated by a separate group they know the original group is working on 3 and 4 so they decided to go ahead and work on vol5.

From what i know it takes Ichika 2 volumes to complete his harem. And unlike typical male harem leads who is the subject of the hatred and jealousy of fellow male friends and acquaintances, since this is a female school its actually his harem thats getting all the glares and spite from all the other female classmates, only thing he has to worry about is that his own rather dangerous and psychotic harem.
And in combat Ichika is getting team combos with each individual girls it seems. In vol2 he basically pulls off Rampage Ghost(1st version) with Charlotte. and in vol 3 he gets another combo he does with Houki.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2010-12-29 at 04:02.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 06:05   Link #35
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Actually thats because vol5 is translated by a separate group they know the original group is working on 3 and 4 so they decided to go ahead and work on vol5.
Actually 5's by himself, not a group. As soon as v2 is over, v2's translator's friend started v3 before that, and he's solo translating v3. V4 is translated by another friend of v2's translator, who became the proofreader of v4, once v4's done, they will go back and finish translate v3 (if it's still not done).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
From what i know it takes Ichika 2 volumes to complete his harem. And unlike typical male harem leads who is the subject of the hatred and jealousy of fellow male friends and acquaintances, since this is a female school its actually his harem thats getting all the glares and spite from all the other female classmates, only thing he has to worry about is that his own rather dangerous and psychotic harem.
WE ALL KNOW THAT THE MOST IMPORTANT AND AWESOME PERSON (probably the strongest) IN THAT HAREM WILL DOMINATE THEM ALL. I doubt anyone would dare to even look at her the wrong way =P.

To be honest, I'm really surprised because this is looking like a true harem, instead of the pseudo guy-with-one-true-love-but-with-30-million-girls-liking-him type of harem
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 10:23   Link #36
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

To quote my post on B-T:

Quote:
After checking out the information, I might want to do a teaser if possible after I've seen the anime (not like I'm been seeing many anyway).
Also, most likely, I'll go for one volume, and I'll see the response to it, but there's no guarantee that I'll be doing this project, and if I am, I'll prefer to do it with a translation group this time (if anyone can recommend me one that has shown interest in it).

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2010-12-29 at 10:54.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 19:37   Link #37
cyberdemon

how's the author's health doing?
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 12:49   Link #38
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

better it seems. Vol 6 already come out 24th this month. Still no date set yet for next volume.
Old 2010-12-31, 12:32   Link #39
Key Board
Carbon

I just read the synopses for this show

You know.. one of the things I loved about Strike Witches is that ideology, nationalism and politics are ignored in that show

With IS, at least from the synopses that I have read implies that there's a considerably thick "boo hoo.. the world is bullying on Japan. We are the victims of this war" mentality

I this just played for gags or will this prevent me for enjoying this story?
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 15:28   Link #40
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

It will be played for gags, it aint Hyakka Ryouran that's for sure

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen