AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you prefer girls with or without make-up?
With 26 18.31%
Without 116 81.69%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-21, 21:15   Link #1
Hera

Do you prefer girls with or without make-up?

What do you think? Especially guys
Hera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 21:21   Link #2
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Little bit o' powder, and a little bit o' paint makes a girl's face seem what it ain't.
Old 2011-01-21, 21:27   Link #3
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

I prefer without. They'll look more natural IMO.
but there's nothing wrong with using make-up, especially if it's done properly.
Old 2011-01-21, 21:28   Link #4
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I prefer without. Makeup only makes a pretty girl look prettier, so it can only make better what you already have, and I prefer natural.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 21:29   Link #5
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

As someone who absolutely can't stand to have anything on his own skin in general due to the unpleasant, creepy feeling of it, the idea of anyone wearing makeup grosses me out completely.

Plus, 99% of the time it just looks awful (to me, anyway).
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 21:31   Link #6
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

WITHOUT.

Reasons I don't like make-up:

- Natural looks are true beauty. It shows that a woman is confident in her looks when she doesn't use make-up.

- You get used to see someone with make-up on, and when she doesn't wear it, you're surprised at how different she looks...

- Some girls easily lose confidence when she doesn't have make-up on. Thinking that she leaves the house without it would scare her. Once I visited a female friend, she tried to avoid looking at me or me looking at her face; I figured it's because she wasn't wearing make-up...

- Make-up can make you look good now, but later on, the more you use it, it actually harms your face (i.e.: skin).

- I hate it when someone wastes my time just for her to put make-up on.

I also think that women competing in beauty pageants shouldn't wear make-up because it's fake. With some skills in the art of make-up, ANY girls can make herself look beautiful. Then, what's the point of these competitions?

Last edited by Tenken's Smile; 2011-01-23 at 01:36.
Tenken's Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 21:34   Link #7
Simon
気持ち悪い

Make-up done well can be an interesting art-form, but the work of nature beats the work of the cosmetics industry any time

Plus a girl who doesn't wear make-up won't spend as long getting ready to go out, but I won't mention that here because I'll get kicked for saying it. OH SHI-
Old 2011-01-21, 21:42   Link #8
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Where's the "I like it if well done and minimalistic" or what have you?

For some women, going au naturale is great, more power to them.
Some (like myself) like to slap on a bit of eyeliner/mascara, a carryover from wearing glasses in high school and your eyes vanishing.

I do admit, the thought of wearing a "full face", aka foundation, podwer, blush, etc etc makes me cringe; I did stage makeup in high school, so I had to plaster on all kinds of gunk on our actors, and I think that caused me to be more of a minimalist when it comes to makeup.

My gf wears it like.. once or twice a year.. that's it. the most I do is a light dusting of powder on my nose/.forehead (oily zones) and a smidge of eye makeup (aforementioned eyeliner/mascara). I'm looking into getting micro-pigmentation (aka an eyeliner tattoo) done w/in the next year, so I won't even have to bother with that a swipe of mascara before i run out the door and boom, done.

I can't imagine having to wait an hour for my partner/gf/whatever to put on their face o.O only to take it off at night, and so on...

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 21:47   Link #9
Samari
World's Greatest

With. A little makeup never hurt anyone...and makes women look a lot better in my opinion. I don't like it when girls put massive amounts on and look like a geshia or drag queen, but a little bit doesn't hurt. I actually wish my girlfriend would wear some more often. She already looks nice naturally, but she'd look a lot better if she'd wear a little makeup more often.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 21:49   Link #10
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
I can't imagine having to wait an hour for my partner/gf/whatever to put on their face o.O only to take it off at night, and so on...
Now we know why goths only come out late at night.

"Hurry up, the club opens at midnight!"

"But it's only 8pm..."

"Exactly!"
Old 2011-01-21, 22:03   Link #11
Jjo

If I were a guy I think I'd prefer a girl not wear foundation. I can't stand that stuff myself - tried it once and hated the way it felt on my skin. I don't mind concealer though...but I am a girl so I am not the one who has to worry about a girl spending the night and not taking her makeup off..then it ends up on your clean pillows >.< lol
Jjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 22:07   Link #12
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Need I say what everyone else has been saying already? Yes.

My answer is: WITHOUT. *points to everyone else's replies* Look there for explanations; you've all said what I would have.
Old 2011-01-21, 22:12   Link #13
Jaden

Don't think it's a big deal. If someone wants to wear it to maintain their image, I can stand behind that...I wouldn't like it being done for my sake though. Except when cosplaying. XD
Old 2011-01-21, 22:12   Link #14
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
None of you guys are hot enough to attract a woman who is likewise hot enough to never wear makeup.

I don't go outside without makeup on. I seriously do not. Everyone has flaws, and some flaws are worse than others. I do not layer the makeup on so thickly that it looks like a clown mask, however.

Use it sparingly; the goal of wearing makeup is to enhance your strong points and downplay your flaws, all while looking like you aren't wearing much of anything.

My partner never wore makeup when we first met, and now, she wears makeup the same way I do. And I'm not afraid to say she looks much better now (though, learning to dress appropriately for her body type and stop trying to resemble an extra in a 50 Cent music video really helps as well).

I will also posit that what you may believe to be an "all-natural" girl is actually a girl who simply knows how to use makeup well (minimal and complementary rather than a "mask.")
Old 2011-01-21, 22:21   Link #15
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I will also posit that what you may believe to be an "all-natural" girl is actually a girl who simply knows how to use makeup well (minimal and complementary rather than a "mask.")
That's a valid point, as well; a lot of women wear makeup, they just do so in a manner where it's very hard to tell
Only reason I know my gf doesn't wear any is cause I've known her for 6 years and actually never seen her put it on, and let's be blunt; by now, I'd've noticed her putting it on in the morning

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 22:28   Link #16
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

With makeup there nothing hotter then red lipstick
Old 2011-01-21, 22:30   Link #17
Jjo

It's pretty easy to tell when someone is wearing makeup that is for show - lipgloss, eyeliner, bronzer, even blush since most people suck at putting that on, lol ect.

Foundation and concealer can't really make anyone look better unless they have horrid skin that distracts from everything else..But I do agree some women are very good at applying both to look flawless. I've seen some girls on youtube with skin that looks like ferrero rocher chocolate and after applying their foundation/concealer it's like......o_0......lol
Jjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 22:33   Link #18
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
None of you guys are hot enough to attract a woman who is likewise hot enough to never wear makeup.
You may well be right, but that's not the point

Quote:
Everyone has flaws, and some flaws are worse than others. [...] the goal of wearing makeup is to enhance your strong points and downplay your flaws
What you call "flaws" I call "character". After years working at a university and seeing 2000+ cute first-years roll up every February, I hit on the theory that women are like cheese: they start off all soft and bland and alike, and it's only with age that they develop some bite and their own distinctive flavour. Of course every woman I've said this to has responded "heyyy, you calling me mouldy?" but that's not what I meant

This is why I referred to make-up as an art-form earlier: sure, a girl can look very "pretty" in a generic way by careful use of artifice, but pretty isn't the same as attractive. What attracts me to a woman are the things about her that are different from everyone else, which are usually the things that the magazines say are flaws. Besides, it's not just about looks - when a woman refuses to fuss over hiding her flaws that says something about her personality, and to me it says something positive.

But this is all totally subjective of course - maybe I'm just not interested in Barbie because I know I'm sure as hell no Ken
Old 2011-01-21, 22:35   Link #19
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

With, Just not too much, make-up is a girl thing I gauss they can use it if they want. So yeah, Just not tooo much. like some girls look weird (not saying they look unattractive) with out mascara
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 22:40   Link #20
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Light make-up. It's only basic courtesy not to show people your "wake-up" face.