AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-02-11, 20:09   Link #3561
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Not yet.

For some reason though, I am thinking that when the Ep 6 compatible patch comes out, it'll have the prologue of Ep 6 in it....
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 20:31   Link #3562
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
Not yet.

For some reason though, I am thinking that when the Ep 6 compatible patch comes out, it'll have the prologue of Ep 6 in it....
Spoiler for EP 6:

I don't see a reason for them to just put in the prologue with the compatible patch - its really only 2-3 minutes of reading time.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 20:33   Link #3563
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
Not yet.

Like they did with Episode 4? That would be nice.

Anyway, I wonder if they will include a grimoire this time around (the text file, not the in-game one).
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 22:28   Link #3564
tcaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Spoiler for EP 6:

I don't see a reason for them to just put in the prologue with the compatible patch - its really only 2-3 minutes of reading time.
There is a reason.

Spoiler for EP6 prologue:
tcaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 02:00   Link #3565
azsxdc

Send a message via MSN to azsxdc
Hey. I dunno if this has been asked before, but does anybody know the word count for each of the episodes of The Witch Hunt's translation? I'm just curious.
azsxdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 12:16   Link #3566
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsxdc View Post
Hey. I dunno if this has been asked before, but does anybody know the word count for each of the episodes of The Witch Hunt's translation? I'm just curious.
I once wrote a Perl script to extract the text to a file (hey, it was NaNoWriMo procrastination ) and got an impressive count of about 605k for episodes 1-4. The count for each episode? I dunno - average gives 151k. Probably more on the 100k side for 1 and 2 and closer to or tipping over 200k for 3 and 4.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 22:56   Link #3567
azsxdc

Send a message via MSN to azsxdc
Wow, that's insane! Haha thanks for that
azsxdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 14:15   Link #3568
Titanguy654

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but where do you go to find things like Character models and backgrounds from the game? I looked in the folders and couldn't find them. Is there something special I have to do to get to them?
Titanguy654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 14:43   Link #3569
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanguy654 View Post
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but where do you go to find things like Character models and backgrounds from the game? I looked in the folders and couldn't find them. Is there something special I have to do to get to them?
They need to be extracted from the .nsa files. There are a few programs which can do this for you. Nearly everything is in .BMP format by default, though, so make sure you have a lot of HD space ready.

I don't have a link to any of the programs at this time, however.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 14:48   Link #3570
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

try this one:

http://nscripter.insani.org/downloads/nsaout.zip

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 15:18   Link #3571
Titanguy654

Thanks, guys! The program is working fine!
Titanguy654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 13:45   Link #3572
thedarkfreak

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I don't know where else to ask it.

When I'm playing Umineko with the english patch, in Episode 3, the game will freeze upon trying to load one of the chapters(that being, the one right after Beatrice and Virgilia fight in the rose garden, and Beato taunts Battler about it. It cuts to the clock image again, goes forward to 6:00, and does nothing else. It does this even after I've reinstalled the game. Help?
thedarkfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 10:54   Link #3573
SupaPhly

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
I would just like to show my thanks to you guys for translating one of the best VN I have ever seen.
so far I have episode 6 but I am waiting for the compatibility patch so I can go through episode 5.
Curiously speaking, what is the progress on that compatibility patch?
SupaPhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 17:31   Link #3574
chronotrig

We finally are making some progress on the compatibility patch. As mentioned before, there are a lot of annoying changes in the code, and most of the group has been taking a break recently.

However, it's possible that the patch will be ready to go by this weekend, probably with the tiny EP6 prologue translated for those who want to spoil themselves. Most of the pictures for EP6 will also be translated, so if you're the kind who likes to play through the Japanese with a dictionary but can't grab the text from the pictures, you'll be able to do that.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 18:42   Link #3575
luckyssol

Thanks for the update, that's great news. You guys are awesome.

By pictures, I assume you mean that it is the tips and not the end roll or other pictures in the game itself?
Old 2010-02-18, 02:08   Link #3576
Endless_Witch_Nipah
BeaBato <3

Send a message via MSN to Endless_Witch_Nipah
Yay you translated 3%! *w*
I am looking forward to for a patch
Old 2010-02-18, 07:32   Link #3577
moichispa
Endless witch

wow Episode 6 prologue translated. Thanks guys
Old 2010-02-18, 23:17   Link #3578
Regis Nero

Hey I'm pretty new here, as you can see, I just signed up and everything. I've been reading the Umineko VN's for a while now, and I must congratulate you for the great amount of work you guys have put in. Eagerly awaiting the release of Dawn of the Golden Witch.

On another note, my games used to work perfectly fine before last night, but for some reason, the blue and red truth attacks (not the words) seem to been moving at a faster speed than the rest of the game for some reason, and I don't understand why. For example, at the trial scene in episode 5, the movements are too quick, and kinda ruins the overall feeling. If you guys know the problem, do help
Regis Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 13:10   Link #3579
TW25

Actually Regis Nero, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe the movements are quicker in order to set up the overall feeling. My impression was that it was a quick-paced battle.
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 13:35   Link #3580
LaplaceNoMa

Speaking of which, I noticed that in ep5 there was a really annoying bug with auto-switching to a faster 'mode' -- for some reason even though I always play at 'speed 2' it got switched to 'speed 3' at some moment. It usually happened after one of those lines which appear as a whole phrase regardless of your current speed setting, but it is supposed to be for just this one phrase and not to switch the speed forever. It was kinda annoying to press '2' all the time.
LaplaceNoMa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation