Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-03-23, 20:12   Link #181
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Wasted opportunity and then some. To get a tangible yuri about two adult women is a rarity in anime. This just might discourage anything beyond the subtext/teen section being adapted and that hurts. I'm tired of the genre being seen as a phase/utter escapism or that it has to be beyond fragile.
This show was promoted by yuri bloggers are "serious yuri with grownups" (examples here and here), and to say it didn't live up to the hype is an understatement. I can think of at least three couples in the Sound! Euphonium franchise with more chemistry, and that's never officially been acknowledged as a yuri show.

And that would have been fine with me. It was a decent enough sci-fi/horror/adventure show as it was. But I imagine people who signed up for what was advertised were pretty disappointed.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-23, 23:32   Link #182
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
After Otherside Picnic there's no "yuri" announced I'm aware of, and at least as far as manga nothing that looks ripe to adapt anytime soon. Maybe some LN out there to adapt but who knows.
There's been a lot of anthologies, single volumes or three volumes done lately. The only one I'd realistically hope for is Even Though We're Both Adults since I think the author also wrote Aoi Hana and Wandering Son?
Old 2021-03-27, 06:01   Link #183
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for final thoughts:
Similar thoughts, the first couple eps were interesting enough to pick it up but it became a bore for the most part.

5/10.
Old 2021-03-29, 21:50   Link #184
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
There's been a lot of anthologies, single volumes or three volumes done lately. The only one I'd realistically hope for is Even Though We're Both Adults since I think the author also wrote Aoi Hana and Wandering Son?
TBH I always thought Aoi Hana was overrated, but Japan seems to want "I Favor the Villainess" next which I can get on board with. #5 in this poll -- https://www.anime-japan.jp/main/ajranking/

It seems hard to go wrong with villainess (isekai) yuri but at this point I just hope its better executed than Otherside.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-30, 07:55   Link #185
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
TBH I always thought Aoi Hana was overrated, but Japan seems to want "I Favor the Villainess" next which I can get on board with. #5 in this poll -- https://www.anime-japan.jp/main/ajranking/

It seems hard to go wrong with villainess (isekai) yuri but at this point I just hope its better executed than Otherside.
Sigh...at least The Apothecary Diaries came 10th...if yuri is forced to be isekai too, I'm out.
Old 2021-03-31, 05:39   Link #186
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I'm on a discussion with a person in another forum. Is it true that the armored vehicle left in Kankandara forest is less agile than the AP-1?

Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-15, 07:22   Link #187
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.179561

ANN announced the English cast for OP.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sci-fi