AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-18, 03:02   Link #41
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I can't classify the pendulum as filler arc, just a prolonged arc (and I'd rather have non-canon stuff going around instead of waiting half a minute before someone says a word everytime,looking at the surroundings and getting shots of everyone's face when someone walks in).Anyway, the manga's progressing slowly and in a really messy way, so I predict we'll be having a filler arc after this one's over...I vote for karakura heroes, who's with me?
Old 2009-02-18, 03:13   Link #42
Nosauz

the reason why I'm so up in arms about pendulum, is because for the most part this is the best part of series, hands down. Turn back the pendulum is the best part of manga since Ishin raped grand fisher. I'm not going to talk about later parts, but bleach after pendulum is a meh at best, so it would be nice for them to splurge on one of, if not the best arc of bleach. Plus the soifon thing is soo ooc that its borderline retarded. Also good filler might be elaborate, why hiyori considers shinji her fiance, maybe elaborate on the relationship between the characters though kubo might end up using that for later. This is why filler is always tough, but in reality kubo should give the studio a list of what the filler can talk about as a general plot subject that he won't use later on to avoid retconing filler
Old 2009-02-18, 03:42   Link #43
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
the reason why I'm so up in arms about pendulum, is because for the most part this is the best part of series, hands down. Turn back the pendulum is the best part of manga since Ishin raped grand fisher. I'm not going to talk about later parts, but bleach after pendulum is a meh at best, so it would be nice for them to splurge on one of, if not the best arc of bleach. Plus the soifon thing is soo ooc that its borderline retarded. Also good filler might be elaborate, why hiyori considers shinji her fiance, maybe elaborate on the relationship between the characters though kubo might end up using that for later. This is why filler is always tough, but in reality kubo should give the studio a list of what the filler can talk about as a general plot subject that he won't use later on to avoid retconing filler
What are we expecting? There are soo many far more interesting things that the anime team could have done, but in reality by now we should be conditioned to this level of filtered crap that gets through to us. In essence, Bleach's large cast of characters, which at once was a strong point in the manga, now has turned out to be cancer that wont stop spreading. This anime in general, and even the manga itself has become pure fanservice.

Like you said, there are soo many things that they could have done, and things that probably would have never would have gotten in the way of the continuety of the manga that it's insane. The abundance of riches that they have are just left to rot because they are tied down by trivial character after trivial character. Fights themselve seem forced rather than carefuly woven into the plot, the same cliched and over done themes keep reappearing over and over again.

You can't even give them credit for trying because they stick to the same things over and over again, they don't touch on stuff that's only been mentioned scarcely, but whatever they are playing it safe and what can you do about it. Unfortunately the target demographic that watches Bleach seems to enjoy this, the more I watch it, the more jaded I become, even the manga itself is just dying down for me.

-

As for this episode, better than the last, it was least it was entertaining to watch and somewhat funny. The animation was nice, but too bad they couldn't have used that for the Nnoitra vs. Zaraki fight.
Old 2009-02-18, 04:11   Link #44
Alchemist007
*Author

You know they're going to make the pendulum arc with a super filler on its own. I'm not even jinxing it, you know its going to happen.

As a matter in fact I just checked the ep. titles and ep 210 pretty much gives that away. While it could just be a two-shot or otherwise less lengthy than bount arc fillers, I prefer an arc with some decent story rather than a couple filler eps every few weeks, cause yes the anime is dangerously close to the manga as mentioned before so plentiful fillers are guaranteed.
Old 2009-02-18, 04:32   Link #45
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

You have looked at the titles and assuming they're fillers? Just remember titles are somewhat misleading at times.
Old 2009-02-18, 04:39   Link #46
Alchemist007
*Author

Actually, considering what happens at about the 5th pendulum chap, it's the perfect spot for a filler arc, as a matter in fact I think that Kubo made this particular event in that chap specifically planning for this in the anime.
Old 2009-02-18, 04:48   Link #47
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Hmph, mebe. I'd say an immediate follow up to the conclusion of the arc itself would be a good filler... unless Kubo wants to do that in the manga himself at some point.
Old 2009-02-18, 04:52   Link #48
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
In essence, Bleach's large cast of characters, which at once was a strong point in the manga, now has turned out to be cancer that wont stop spreading.
Man,that's SO true, from having lots and lots of potentially interesting characters we're pulling out tickets in line to see them die... Now, I would have preferred the filler to be AFTER the pendulum arc-it's a small arc anyway, but the way they try to expand it by focusing on a particular character per episode is kinda tiresome.
Old 2009-02-18, 05:55   Link #49
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I thought the episode was fine, plenty of comedy and some revealing at the end.

Ya know...actually watching the opening...just noticed Ichigo walking and how stiff he looked o_O
Old 2009-02-18, 06:15   Link #50
neshru

Uh, this was a surprisingly good looking episode. I think I haven't seen a bleach episode with this kind of animation quality since... forever.
Old 2009-02-18, 06:17   Link #51
Maikeru-
*Graphic Designer

that 12th captain must be very powerfull hes able to see aizen's shikai straight away
Old 2009-02-18, 06:33   Link #52
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That's his shikai over a century ago and he's the 5th squad's captain.
Old 2009-02-18, 07:41   Link #53
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
It was sort of ominous when Shinji declared that he knew Aizen was there all along since the time Aizen was in his mother's womb.
That was a pretty badass line there...
Old 2009-02-18, 08:16   Link #54
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Really liked the part where Shinji just ripped apart Aizen's illusion like that.
Old 2009-02-18, 08:21   Link #55
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Shinji sounded too mature and wise for his character.

Still an enjoyable episode.

"When you were in your momma's womb"
Old 2009-02-18, 08:56   Link #56
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Indeed that was the best of the ep, the very end.

Hiyori is simply annoying...and one would think in that atmosphere, her behavior would be punished...you simply do not act like that.

anyway, I am slowly getting into this arc, however the canon is getting weaker and the filler better
Old 2009-02-18, 09:58   Link #57
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
I wouldn't judge by the titles, Bleach episode titles are just rubbish, a fact well known after 207 episodes.

Pumping up the TBTP saga with some filler is a good idea, take it as fanservice, I like it. Nobody was out-of-character so far, so it's perfectly fine with me.

To the episode itself: That was the chapter I liked the least, it made me hate Hiyori, sry. Her voice actor messed a bit up too, in the beginning her voice was different, later she found back to her usual voice. Maybe the Kasumi warm up wasn't the best idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
in the manga, shinji just detects his reiatsu, aizen doesn't acutally use any technique
Aizen also had his hands on Kyouka Suigetsu in the manga. I'm sure he used some technique. Don't foget there's the possibility he let Shinji know he's spying him(can't tell more, it would be a spoiler).

to the negrepper:

since you ask a question... "And just why would anyone be out of character?"

You really don't know? It's simple: when two different authors work on the same story it can result in discrepancies. This is the reason why a lot of comic fans don't like the hollywood adaptation of their favourite series. In this case it turned out to be good, let's hope they keep it that way. I don't dislike filler material from the start, but in bleach's case I'm a bit biased because Abe already messed up in the past. You see, I don't call fillers rubbish, I only say the Anime director/storyboard writer sucks from time to time.

Last edited by WONDERMIKE; 2009-02-18 at 15:25.
Old 2009-02-18, 10:40   Link #58
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru- View Post
that 12th captain must be very powerfull hes able to see aizen's shikai straight away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
That's his shikai over a century ago and he's the 5th squad's captain.
But a century ago, Shinji wasn't a vizard
You could also see his illusion reforming into his zanpakuto. It was some ability - although remember that bankais are sealed unless by specific orders from the top. IIRC shikais are sealed too. But Aizen is a sneaky mofo. I'm going with 110 years-ago Shinji could see right through 110 years-ago Aizen's bankai. Both are obviously more powerful now, but, IMHO, Shinji has gained more power.

But, being shonen, theres no way Shinji could actually defeat Aizen, just see through his bankai. We all know Ichigo is the hero...
Old 2009-02-18, 10:42   Link #59
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
Hiyori is simply annoying...and one would think in that atmosphere, her behavior would be punished...you simply do not act like that.
Maybe she was already punished? Not letting her get promoted to Captain maybe.

In any case, she seems harmless enough other than random bratty behavior.

Maybe it's just me.

It's probably just me.

...<3 Hiyori =D
Old 2009-02-18, 10:52   Link #60
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
But, being shonen, theres no way Shinji could actually defeat Aizen, just see through his bankai. We all know Ichigo is the hero...
Yup... but those two will fight for sure... and i think that Shinji will be the key for Ichigo's win over Aizen.