AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-07-30, 14:10   Link #21
JustRob

How is Kakashi not super badass as adult? He has a Sharingan, is smart and intelligent, is developed in all ninja fighting skills, and he has been nominated for Hokage. That's pretty badass.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 14:34   Link #22
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
How is Kakashi not super badass as adult? He has a Sharingan, is smart and intelligent, is developed in all ninja fighting skills, and he has been nominated for Hokage. That's pretty badass.
How was and what happened to Kakashi in so many fights during our Naruto series? Those events weren't exactly... awesome.

Man, I wish they did more with this arc. I really wanted to see more of the Yellow Flash in action.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 14:35   Link #23
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Man, I wish they did more with this arc. I really wanted to see more of the Yellow Flash in action.
Seconded. I'm glad they showed us the first encounter with the scout but I would've liked it if they animated the fight between the 4 remaining Leaf ninjas and the 50 enemy ninjas.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 14:52   Link #24
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Not really. It's just a backstory that explains how kakashi got the sharingan and who obito is.
You can never know if it will become important in the manga if you only watch the anime. But even if you only watch the anime it is important: now we really understand all that Kakashi did and said at the beginning of the manga/anime (when he was introduced to Naruto and Sasuke).
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 17:41   Link #25
Maikeru-
*Graphic Designer

i really liked these 2 eps, don't read the manga so so that's how kakashi got his sharingan, but why do i hear that obito isnt dead lool and wtf happened to rin? i am intrested.
Old 2009-07-30, 18:26   Link #26
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Great episode. I was a little disappointed the Kakashi Gaiden wasn't done as a movie, but I haven't enjoyed an episode of the anime this much in a long time.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 20:05   Link #27
itachi29al

Good episode, explained a lot of kakashi background.
Except it still dosnt explain when he became such a pervert.lol.
Old 2009-07-30, 20:51   Link #28
typhonsentra

Maaan, what a weird place to put Kakashi Gaiden at. I mean, they've had this story to work with for years and they chose to ignore it back in the original series's filler hell. They have a crazy amount of source material to work with right now and they use it here?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 21:42   Link #29
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

its out? I don't see it on any websites i usualy get my Naruto episodes, not even the RAW
Old 2009-07-30, 21:47   Link #30
SeanQ

Tried Narutowire.com yet? on front page lol
________
Lovely Wendie

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 13:55.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 22:32   Link #31
slowmotion

wow, absolutely great episodes.
this had to be two of the episodes we have seen!
slowmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 22:40   Link #32
lotus_lee

For the first time in ages, I enjoyed the anime more than the manga. Episode 120 in particular is up there amongst my 5 favourite episodes. I literally haven't cried like this since the Haku and Zabuza death scene. It was so awesome that I'm even willing to admit that!

I was a bit annoyed at first though how a seemingly useless crybaby such as Obito managed to get to be a student of Yondiame though. Surely there must have been other more skillful Uchihas at the time to take on lol. And this could have been avoided if Rin wasn't captured so easily But after this episode, I don't care. Obito was the most important person in Kakashi's life and now we know why.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 22:51   Link #33
Zabu_san
Demon of the Hidden Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
it still dosnt explain when he became such a pervert.lol.
Cause he's a man!!
Old 2009-07-30, 23:27   Link #34
thermopyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_lee View Post
I was a bit annoyed at first though how a seemingly useless crybaby such as Obito managed to get to be a student of Yondiame though. Surely there must have been other more skillful Uchihas at the time to take on lol.
I'd like to think that Minato actually requested Obito into his squad for that reason. The other Uchihas didn't need his help, and the 4th being who he is, wanted to help out the one kid in that clan who doesn't act like a prick
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 23:54   Link #35
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

So are there any new fillers on the works? or can we expect that from the last 8 min of ep 112 onwards we are going to get a fairly good amount of manga related story line?

By the way I know this is completely off topic, but can anyone here remember which episodes in naruto shippuden were fillers since the series began?
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 00:06   Link #36
Bombo
TSF Fans

Prefect episode tbh
I really like 4th hokage action <3..Naruto should learn ability that man "Flash justu" Its really awesome
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 01:28   Link #37
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yup, definitely 10/10. The episode did one important thing: It eliminated my doubts that I liked Naruto in the past only because it was the first thing I watched. This is the Naruto I remembered and loved.

Sadly, I already knew the story beforehand. I don't read the manga, but I've heard that this arc has been skipped while the series followed the manga so I thought they would never animate it, which was why I read up on it. While it still impressed me even though I already knew what was going to happen, I think I would have probably loved it a lot more if I didn't.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 03:23   Link #38
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Whoa... I thought it was going to be released as an extended OVA. When I saw the title, I skipped a beat. NOOOO.. TV series! With heavy heart I thought, here we go again, but after reading the favorable impression from the fans of this 1 hour special lightens my mood. I hope to check it out soon.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 03:29   Link #39
Forever
Revealing the truth

Ah I too was disappointed that this wasnt animated as a movie. We could have seen Yondaime killing 50 ninjas 1 shot in animation. (I can imagine it is like a 50 hit dota style omnislash.) I say the only way to counter is to become invulnerable (like gaara sand shield and tank till his chakra runs out and use aoe at the same time.)

The chance that naruto can ever learn this jutsu is really slim. Dont think even Jiraiya can do it. (never seen him using it)

But still an awesome 1 hr special. Nearly teared up at the end.
Old 2009-07-31, 03:52   Link #40
Jehuty

THIS.

Holy crap I enjoyed this special. The wait was very, VERY well worth it. Wow.

I too thought this was going to be a crap special because it's in the TV series, but my god was I proven wrong.

The fighting sequences were made especially well. The voice acting was spot on, the music fit the mood perfectly, and OMG YONDAIME.

I have never ever enjoyed a Naruto episode as much as I have enjoyed this. If the studio could just do the rest of the episode half as awesome as this, Naruto would be top 3 anime I've seen since it was introduced.

wow.