AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-09, 17:29   Link #781
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
*sigh*I hope you didn't misunderstand what I was saying here? I meant to say that there are always people who take their time to look for clues/hints in the openings and endings (hell, I've done some of that in the past as well) and not to suggest that it's something you should've known. It wasn't a serious comment to begin with anyway (I even had a smilie at the end of it) just an observationMostly, I see these sort of things on every forum/a blogs, not exclusively here.
I didn't take any offense to what you said. I was explaining why I didn't know until now about these type of posts. Nothing more than that was intended. Sorry if I sounded defensive to you.

I can relate somewhat, though. People do similar things all the time in the manga forums I frequent. Often citing facial expressions and vague lines as evidence in their theories.

For something on topic, It'll be interesting to see Madoka's reaction to the Kyuube's proposal. It'll be interesting to see how things progress next episode.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 18:02   Link #782
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivari View Post
Hmm, I found one strange thing in Kyubey's line. In the dream scene he said "mahou shoujo ni natte yo" to Madoka, yet in the end of the episode he said "mahou shoujo ni natte hoshiin da".

Did he use "hoshii" in the latter line because HE wanted Madoka to be a mahou shoujo, or because he wants MADOKA wanting to be a mahou shoujo?
"hoshii" can always only refer to the speaker, so it can only be that Kyuubee wants that she becomes a magical girl. If Kyuubee said that Madoka wants it, he would have to use "hoshigatte".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I HATE how wide their faces are

And the background artwork for this show is ridiculously bitchin'. In fact, it's almost too good... The character designs (and animation, in some scenes) are FAR overshadowed by it.
True, those pancake faces are just plain awful
First they put so much effort in the background to make it look really good, and then they paste such pancake face girls into it
Perhaps they spent too much time on the backgrounds and had hardly time left for the chara designs:

"Ok, now we got the backgrounds done, they look really great. Now we can start with the characters. When was the deadline again?"
"In one week already!?
Quick, whip something up!"
(one week later) "Ok, this doesn't look bad... Nice uniforms, cute twintails for Madoka, but - the faces! Look at the faces! They look like pancakes! We really can't do that! ... Oh damn, we're out of time. Guess that will have to do "

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
So Homura is tsundere for Madoka? I'm reeeeally okay with that .jpg
Now that throws a new light on things
Old 2011-01-09, 18:06   Link #783
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Man,i feel really lonely since I'm like the only person in the world that loves the chara designs,I wish there were more "pancake faces" in anime.And the pencil eyes are awesome too.
Old 2011-01-09, 18:12   Link #784
Fotbollsgraes
formerly Last_Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Man,i feel really lonely since I'm like the only person in the world that loves the chara designs,I wish there were more "pancake faces" in anime.And the pencil eyes are awesome too.
Well, I do like them too. But that´s probably more thanks to Hidamari Sketch than the outstanding design. It was my sunday morning anime so that style is forever coupled with good feelings in my mind. Although I´m not really sure if I would go with this style for an action anime, but the first episode was cool enough so it´ll be interesting to see what is to come. Both story and animation wise.
Fotbollsgraes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 18:18   Link #785
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Don't be, the style was part of the reason I went and watched Hidamari Sketch in the first place and even if it does sound a bit out of place when you hear the concept of madoka magica in reality it suits just fine with the surreal shinbo style.
Old 2011-01-09, 18:46   Link #786
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Nope, I like 'em too - it's boring if every series looks the same. Even if it makes Madoka look like Satsuki from Negima, I like the designs here.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 18:52   Link #787
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Man,i feel really lonely since I'm like the only person in the world that loves the chara designs
As if. Ume Aoki is huge in Japan, loved for her character designs. You're far from the only person.
Old 2011-01-09, 18:57   Link #788
Random Wanderer

Faces don't bother me here, it's the eyes that get to me. And I can live with them.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 19:09   Link #789
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
As if. Ume Aoki is huge in Japan, loved for her character designs. You're far from the only person.
Oh I know she's popular,but it seemed a lot of people (not only in this thread but at others places too) thought her designs were wrong for this show,but after seeing the last few posts maybe I was imagining things.
Old 2011-01-09, 19:21   Link #790
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Oh I know she's popular,but it seemed a lot of people (not only in this thread but at others places too) thought her designs were wrong for this show,but after seeing the last few posts maybe I was imagining things.
People are saying the character designs don't work for the series, not that they dislike them.
Old 2011-01-09, 20:01   Link #791
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
People are saying the character designs don't work for the series, not that they dislike them.
Indeed, but several at least in this thread wrote that they do not like the designs. I go with the former to some extent, but this is more my expectation, rather than anything else. Also these designs work better with the background art they chose.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 20:20   Link #792
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Discussing epilectic trees is undoubtedly fun, but at this stage we know less than nothing. We should give it a while before we get into heavy speculation.
I've been wondering if we are going to have SnW level speculations again
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 21:55   Link #793
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Here's another:
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 22:49   Link #794
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
I can "live" with the designs but it's not my favorite. It does seem to clash with the background designs to me. I think they should have went with SZS and Negima?! like character designs.
Old 2011-01-09, 23:56   Link #795
Miraluka
Banned

Anyone else thought that at about the third minutes Madoka was about to go "I'm dispair, making a contract with a weird rat to become a magi puella has left me in dispair!!!" ? :P
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 00:15   Link #796
Random Wanderer

A point of interest: at roughly 2:35 on the gg sub, when Kyubey is asking Madoka to make a contract with him in the dream, the view behind him is NOT the wrecked and ruined city-world that is the background for everything else in the dream, but rather what looks like a night-view of an intact city, with lights in the buildings and everything. I have no idea what it means, if it means anything, but it just caught my attention as I was glancing through looking for something else.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 00:24   Link #797
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
It does seem to clash with the background designs to me
That's why I like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
when Kyubey is asking Madoka to make a contract with him in the dream, the view behind him is NOT the wrecked and ruined city-world that is the background for everything else in the dream, but rather what looks like a night-view of an intact city, with lights in the buildings and everything.
whoah,either shaft screwed up or something weird is going on there.

Anyway nice catch !
Old 2011-01-10, 00:28   Link #798
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
A point of interest: at roughly 2:35 on the gg sub, when Kyubey is asking Madoka to make a contract with him in the dream, the view behind him is NOT the wrecked and ruined city-world that is the background for everything else in the dream, but rather what looks like a night-view of an intact city, with lights in the buildings and everything. I have no idea what it means, if it means anything, but it just caught my attention as I was glancing through looking for something else.
Maybe it was signifying the impact her decision would make?

Sort of a "You have the power to prevent this" type of scenario.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 01:02   Link #799
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
is Kyubey's name somehow related to the word Kyuubi? though he/she doesn't look like one & more looks like a cat+rabbit hybird ("cabbit" from Tenchi Muyo!?)
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 01:47   Link #800
suppi
Nori is not a seaweed

Send a message via MSN to suppi
Quote:
don't worry, your not the only one who loves the character design... heck, the way i found out about madoka magica is literally due to the character design *i like ume-sensei's character design from hidamari sketch*

suppi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen