AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2007-07-20, 04:35   Link #1081
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crall View Post
Even though most people here can't understand that little cheer you posted, I recommend you either delete or edit it.

It might just be a harmless expression of rivalry between the fans of two teams, but it can be considered to be somewhat offensive to the fans of the other team. And if I'm not mistaken, the mods here don't appreciate comments of that nature.
Well, itīs supposed to be somewhat offensive and since I donīt want to argue about what should be tolerated Iīll just delete that part.

Doesnīt change the fact what I think about that team though.

@Loniat
Yeah, Wiltonx2, Valdemarin, Stephenson and Dulee.
Brazilx2, Argentina, Jamaica and Liberia scored the goals for the Swedish football club AIK.

After this there is one more qualifiying round and the first round of the UEFA-Cup before the group stage. Itīs really, really important that AIK makes it to the group stage so I`m hoping for a two opponents that sucks until the group stage for AIK. When weīre in the group stage though Iīd gladly see AIK play teams like Atletico Madrid and Blackburn but not before.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 07:15   Link #1082
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
Well, itīs supposed to be somewhat offensive and since I donīt want to argue about what should be tolerated Iīll just delete that part.

Doesnīt change the fact what I think about that team though.

@Loniat
Yeah, Wiltonx2, Valdemarin, Stephenson and Dulee.
Brazilx2, Argentina, Jamaica and Liberia scored the goals for the Swedish football club AIK.

After this there is one more qualifiying round and the first round of the UEFA-Cup before the group stage. Itīs really, really important that AIK makes it to the group stage so I`m hoping for a two opponents that sucks until the group stage for AIK. When weīre in the group stage though Iīd gladly see AIK play teams like Atletico Madrid and Blackburn but not before.
If they play before the group stages then bye bye UEFA Cup
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 20:01   Link #1083
desi09
Sono un cattivo perdente.

Is anyone here a fan of D.C. United??
desi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 08:20   Link #1084
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

LOL.. Arsenal takeover saga got another guy entering the picture... And this time, its Ecclestone (Formula One fan should pretty much recognized this guy)

It was reported that he wanted to launch a 650M pound takeover .. whats funny is his quoted line
Quote:
"I'm interested in anything if it's cheap enough."
All I can say is ... wow
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 15:41   Link #1085
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

@KiNa
Makes you wonder what kind of players he would buy for Arsenal.

But Iīm going to be irritated if it still ends up with Kroenke taking over Arsenal. We lost Dein and as a result we might lose Wenger and as a result of that Henry left. If Kroenke still ends up taking over Arsenal then Hill-Woods and the boards refusal towards selling Arsenal and all that turbulence would end up being so freaking unnecessary.

@arcadeplayer987
Yup, it would be real cool seeing Bayern Münich or Atletico Madrid playing AIK at Råsunda. But not before the group stage.

Old 2007-07-23, 10:02   Link #1086
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Has anyone thought about setting an Animesuki League over on http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ ???
Sun Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:41   Link #1087
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
Has anyone thought about setting an Animesuki League over on http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ ???
Yeah, I've already joined a few leagues. An Animesuki one would be great.
Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 13:57   Link #1088
arcadeplayer987

Freddi Lunberg just sign with West Ham. Another good player Arsenal lost this summer after Henry
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 17:10   Link #1089
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Well the fact that he has hardly played in the last 2 seasons isnt bad. He's pasted it. Not even half the player he was when he had red hair. RIP.
Old 2007-07-25, 17:26   Link #1090
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Arsenal are gonna suck big time this season
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 18:57   Link #1091
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Why do you say that?? No were not gonna suck. We've lost Henry yes, but he was out mostly last season. Ljungberg hasnt contributed last season. Eduardo will score 10+ goals as will v.Persie. Guaranteed. I think 3rd place.
Old 2007-07-25, 23:13   Link #1092
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Based on the friendly reports, Eduardo seems to fit right in with the team.. There's still hope.

And I really love Arsene Wenger quote on the big transfer money this season .. Totally agree with him 100%
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 06:48   Link #1093
Sasuke_Bateman
No

I want us to win things, i don't want to finish 3rd! Also i really wish they sell the club, we need money >_>

i agree with you about Freddi Lunberg, ever since he shaved his head he's become crap, i like red head Freddi! He was good.
Old 2007-07-26, 08:43   Link #1094
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

With Ljungberg leaving us itīs officially over. The team that gave us Va-Va-Voom football and went through an entire PL-season undefeated. The team that played the most beautiful football Iīve ever seen is no more. But Arsenal wonīt just disappear from the top 4. We still have Wenger and look at our starting eleven, the only name missing is Henry. And even without Henry we managed to win at Old Trafford and force a draw with Chelsea last season. With Henry leaving Arsenal other players has to step up and take over the crown. Iīm sure v.Persie and Adebayor is up for the task.

v.Persie - Adebayor
Rosicky - Fabregas - Gilberto - Hleb
Glichy - Senderos - Touré - Eboue
Lehmann

And people thinks that Arsenal is going to suck?

Last edited by Last_Hope; 2007-07-26 at 08:57.
Old 2007-07-26, 11:58   Link #1095
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Quote:
With Ljungberg leaving us itīs officially over. The team that gave us Va-Va-Voom football and went through an entire PL-season undefeated. The team that played the most beautiful football Iīve ever seen is no more. But Arsenal wonīt just disappear from the top 4. We still have Wenger and look at our starting eleven, the only name missing is Henry. And even without Henry we managed to win at Old Trafford and force a draw with Chelsea last season. With Henry leaving Arsenal other players has to step up and take over the crown. Iīm sure v.Persie and Adebayor is up for the task.

v.Persie - Adebayor
Rosicky - Fabregas - Gilberto - Hleb
Glichy - Senderos - Touré - Eboue
Lehmann

And people thinks that Arsenal is going to suck?
Please, Senderos over Gallas?? This is how it should look, IMO:

----------Lehmann-----------

----Eboue Toure Gallas Clichy--

--Walcott Fabregas Gilberto Rosicky--

------Eduardo--- v.Persie----
Old 2007-07-26, 13:08   Link #1096
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Mine turn.
"Please", Walcott over Hleb?

As for Gallas, I would have had him in the team, itīs just that... That... I forgot about him.

I havenīt seen especially much of Eduardo so I canīt judge him. But Wenger usually says that it takes about 6 months or so for a new player to settle to the life outside and on the pitch. So Iīm pretty sure that Adebayor and v.Persie will be the the two strikers, atleast in the beginning of the season.

Old 2007-07-26, 14:29   Link #1097
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Quote:
Mine turn.
"Please", Walcott over Hleb?

As for Gallas, I would have had him in the team, itīs just that... That... I forgot about him.

I havenīt seen especially much of Eduardo so I canīt judge him. But Wenger usually says that it takes about 6 months or so for a new player to settle to the life outside and on the pitch. So Iīm pretty sure that Adebayor and v.Persie will be the the two strikers, atleast in the beginning of the season.
IMO Hleb is a poor player. He's had nearly 2 season with us and hasnt really impressed me. He has good ball control but doesnt does anything creative with it. Going around in circles isnt helping the team. He doesnt score enough goals and hasnt made many assists. I chose Walcott because I thinks its his year this season, he get more games and will be able to show everyone why we bought him.

From what Ive seen of Eduardo (in an Arsenal shirt) he has looked good. He's not scared to shoot, unlike some other players i.e Fabregas, Adebayor & Hleb. We'll see on Saturday, and especially on Sunday how well he plays against top quality opposition (Inter Milan).
Old 2007-07-26, 15:34   Link #1098
Sasuke_Bateman
No

No way, Alex Helb is fantastic, he's one of the most skillful player i've ever seen.
Old 2007-07-26, 18:03   Link #1099
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
No way, Alex Helb is fantastic, he's one of the most skillful player i've ever seen.
Try watching a bit more football beore coming out with outrageous comments
Old 2007-07-26, 18:12   Link #1100
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thank goodness... I'd kept ignoring this thread thinking it was 'american' football instead of 'futbol' I may actually start reading it now....

(and once again japan gets sunk.... sigh)

Tags
football, soccer