AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 13 [Bonus] Rating
Perfect 10 53 39.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 20.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.50%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.75%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.26%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-06, 22:45   Link #141
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
By the way, this is a completely non-functioning example in almost every way imaginable. Not that there weren't good examples, but this just isn't one of them at all.
Besides, I was only lamenting series that *didn't* get follow-ons, particularly ones in which it would have made perfect sense or that there was plenty of additional source to work with.

The list for series that GOT sequels and much of the fandom wonders "why in hell?" would be much more controversial no matter how obvious the prime examples were (*cough* QB *cough*).
Old 2009-07-07, 01:44   Link #142
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Besides, I was only lamenting series that *didn't* get follow-ons, particularly ones in which it would have made perfect sense or that there was plenty of additional source to work with.

The list for series that GOT sequels and much of the fandom wonders "why in hell?" would be much more controversial no matter how obvious the prime examples were (*cough* QB *cough*).
Oi, What's wrong with QB? >_> QB is fun. Canvas 2 was fun, too Different stuff, many people would call both failures but meh, QB is ridiculous and Canvas 2 has Elis so K-ON could easily get a second season regardless of the bashing near the end.
Old 2009-07-07, 10:35   Link #143
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Oi, What's wrong with QB? >_> QB is fun. Canvas 2 was fun, too Different stuff, many people would call both failures but meh, QB is ridiculous and Canvas 2 has Elis so K-ON could easily get a second season regardless of the bashing near the end.
Well, I wasn't trying to make a judgement on the quality, just on the essence of it being a sequel. Canvas 2 doesn't count as an example of an anime series being continued when more source material was available, because the games are almost entirely unrelated even though they're in the same setting, and the original was a standalone two-part adult OVA. So they're not analogous. QB doesn't really count either because it was obviously planned as a 24-episode show split into two halves, as often happens nowadays (otherwise the second half wouldn't air so soon).

I guess good examples might be Spice & Wolf or Shana -- cases where they made continuations as the source material continued to advance. But there are certainly cases where they didn't do it even though they could have.

Regardless, I do think it's certainly possible that K-On might get a sequel at some point (as I think this season will likely sell fantastically), but we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 2009-07-09, 09:33   Link #144
suki-gin
AnimeSuki Lurker

Send a message via AIM to suki-gin Send a message via MSN to suki-gin
I found the shift for this particular episode to be quite charming. That silent, everyday view of their lives was slightly different from the previous ones. A very good episode and hopefully the start of something even better in the future.
Old 2009-07-21, 01:12   Link #145
Friday
Im shy too...

roll on next season........
Old 2009-07-21, 01:56   Link #146
ThoHell

Why was this the last episode? WHY? Somebody explain to me please! If they were smart they would milk this thing, it's worth a lot. Those girls, with some polishing, would/could become big. I need more K-On and Yui cuteness.....
Old 2009-07-21, 08:26   Link #147
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Why was this the last episode? WHY? Somebody explain to me please! If they were smart they would milk this thing, it's worth a lot. Those girls, with some polishing, would/could become big. I need more K-On and Yui cuteness.....
Apparently there's still *another* extra episode coming out... http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-bd/dvd-volume
Old 2009-07-21, 15:59   Link #148
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

yeh..next year lol
Old 2009-07-21, 19:52   Link #149
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

I think I'm going to apply to work in Kyoani to get an early viewing of this ep
Old 2009-07-21, 21:48   Link #150
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarunyon View Post
I think I'm going to apply to work in Kyoani to get an early viewing of this ep
I could've suggested hiring a group of clandestine operatives to infiltrate Kyo-Ani headquarters and extract the episode files, but I suppose that way works too, albeit with long-term responsibilities...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-07-22, 00:11   Link #151
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraFilipa View Post
Apparently there's still *another* extra episode coming out... http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-bd/dvd-volume
Indeed, I just read about it now. What good timing it was, my crying out for another episode!! It better be damn epic though if the wait is that long or better be nice a long!
Old 2009-07-22, 12:00   Link #152
calorie

A very interesting way to end this - spicing things up with a little drama in everyone's lives. Not that I don't find the cuteness appealing, but a little character development can't hurt.

This was one great episode. Yui naming things and acting cute when cold, Mio acting all grown-up and spiritual, Mugi on her first day of new job and Azusa babysitting a cat; I was smiling most of the time. Ritsu looks so much like Yui with her bangs down, I was confused who it was when she came out of the house to pick up the letter.
Closed Thread