AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-11, 07:10   Link #1221
SvNto7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
I mean if i was Isei, i will eventually make my move on Kaichou(whom Saji like) and the rest of girls on the council and still will expand even more. There is no bottom for human's greed. and that's how you make a harem(make hit on multiple girls, not some girls and stop, it's no different from just hitting one girl and stop). You should have realize from my first comment that if you want to make a harem, you need to be the enemy of men. And there is no point to be friend with enemy and get back stab, don't you agree?

One of the Dragon Lord is not powerful? How is it compare to 2 infamous dragon?
Well, Saji should just carry some no-name infant dragon.
Well yes, to became a harem king you will make all male-kind are enemies, why i called it male-kind because there are devils,valkyries,angels in this story
But at least show some courtesy by sharing the spare...even Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines which is totaled 1000 girls, i predict all of women Solomon has are human (CMIIW).

Ise's world is consist of many kind...well maybe at later novel there will be dragon girls...you can't take them all so why not sharing some lol

The dragon, Saji has ranked one rank bellow Ise, n0m@n and the others already posted the rank if you wanna search.

Saji's dragon quite powerful, his sacred gears is incomplete because devided into fragments, later Azazel finds all the fragments, complete Saji's sacred gears, and the dragon come to alive (can interact as well like Ise)
Old 2012-01-11, 07:19   Link #1222
Bear Killer
Useless Old Man

Again, if you have sex with several different women with no regard for their feelings and without caring about them then you become an asshole. Ise is too nice to let that happen. No reason you can't love and adore multiple women and treat them with respect. If you're callous with the girls then - like I said before - you wind up like Makoto Itou.

Spoiler for :
Old 2012-01-11, 07:24   Link #1223
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Killer View Post
Considering that most of the battles that take place are in rating games and most of Ise's opponents are indeed shy teenage girls then I'd say that his ability is still pretty useful down the line. If it wasn't effective I don't think he'd use it. Just because he can do it doesn't mean he'll use it every time.

The romance aspect is what really makes the series for me. Not surprised that some people don't appreciate it. It combines several different genres so there's bound to be something for everyone - which is exactly why it's so popular. You'll get people who follow it for the action, people who follow it for the ecchi elements, and people who follow it for the romance. Then some who actually enjoy all three. I fall into the latter category.
One thing you should realize that is: romance and harem are mortal enemies. Romance requires faithful characteristic. With faithful characteristic, you can't hit on multiple girls; you just can't(believe me, i know about that feeling.)

And mangas have both of them are too frustrate to read.

The only 2 mangas in this category which are succesfull IMO are: To-love-ru (the leading female allows polygamy and it has comedy, light slice of life genre heavier than romance) and Mahou Sensei Negima (he is just an inocent child and has no interest in girl).

Other manga, either you feel grim when "he" break some girls' hearts or get frustrate because of his density or indecisive. These main characters are EXACTLY similar to NETORARE hentai's main characters.

In harem mangas, you should make all girls happy with your best, equally, not to abandon some to be faithful to another. In romance mangas, well, be faithful and sweet. In harem and romance manga, kill yourself before the yandere comes to kill you!!!
Old 2012-01-11, 07:33   Link #1224
Bear Killer
Useless Old Man

Quote:
One thing you should realize that is: romance and harem are mortal enemies. Romance requires faithful characteristic. With faithful characteristic, you can't hit on multiple girls; you just can't(believe me, i know about that feeling.)

And mangas have both of them are too frustrate to read.

The only 2 mangas in this category which are succesfull IMO are: To-love-ru (the leading female allows polygamy and it has comedy, light slice of life genre heavier than romance) and Mahou Sensei Negima (he is just an inocent child and has no interest in girl).

Other manga, either you feel grim when "he" break some girls' hearts or get frustrate because of his density or indecisive. These main characters are EXACTLY similar to NETORARE hentai's main characters.

In harem mangas, you should make all girls happy with your best, equally, not to abandon some to be faithful to another. In romance mangas, well, be faithful and sweet. In harem and romance manga, kill yourself before the yandere comes to kill you!!!
Well this is similar to To Love-ru in that sense. You have jealousy of course, but you also have a harem environment where polygamy is tolerated and encouraged so everyone can wind up a winner in the end. Thus, it's still a romance AND a harem. Personally, I think High School DxD does an excellent job of providing ecchi harem elements and fan service while still keeping readers interested in all the fluff and fun of the primary romantic storyline.
Old 2012-01-11, 07:34   Link #1225
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Ddraig exists in Welsh Arthurian myth, as well as the invading white dragon. I don't know about Albion but I am sure there's no mention of the white dragon's name. And well, while Welsh dragon can fry an entire human army easily if he wanted to, he shouldn't be much powerful than average dragon from many different myths. I guess he gets premium treatment because Japan really love Arthurian tales.

Saji's sacred gear has Vritra sealed in. Vritra in this story is a dragon lord, rank one step below the two heavenly dragons like Ddraig and Albion. Vritra is the evil giant serpent in Hindu myth who was originally a brahmin (Hindu priest) but went mad from power and trying to destroy heaven. Indra finally defeated it with help from an entire heaven army, aid from Vishnu and Garuda as well as the greatest sage who sacrifice his backbone for Indra to make weapon to kill Vritra. Vritra in Hindu myth is extremely powerful. Although Vishnu, Shiva, Durga or Garuda could easily curbstomp him if any of them wanted to.

Also, talk about the greatest dragon, Shesha Naga has thousand heads, massive enough to support the whole universe, will still remained even after the universe is destroyed by Shiva. No one (popular media) ever bother mentions him. He only has 7 heads in Buddhism, but still the most massive being in the universe (might be bigger than the universe).
Old 2012-01-11, 07:36   Link #1226
Naoe Yamato

ok, about Ise spell, I think that we are forgetting something important that Akeno told him during training, she said this
Quote:
“Asia-chan. I want you to do this next. Ise-kun, I want you to continue to gather the magical power by concentrating. The source of magic is imagining. Anyway it’s important to make the thing you imagine inside your head into reality.”
Hmmmm. Imagination, huh. To make the thing you imagine inside your head into reality.....
“It’s easier to make it into the shape of something you are good at or things you always think about.”
since Ise think always perverted things he make perverted magic
Old 2012-01-11, 07:37   Link #1227
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Again, if you have sex with several different women with no regard for their feelings and without caring about them then you become an asshole. Ise is too nice to let that happen. No reason you can't love and adore multiple women and treat them with respect. If you're callous with the girls then - like I said before - you wind up like Makoto Itou.

Spoiler for :
Especially if the anime/manga has a yandere.
There is a funny thing in this picture though:
The Yanderewas not the one who killed him.

An outcome like this would be interesting in this anime, considering that all the girls are devils...
You know what they say: 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'
Old 2012-01-11, 07:37   Link #1228
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
You should play more eroge.....

No offence but it's very well possible to have romance with multiple persons. You just have to not be so rigid in your viewpoint of "harem"....
Old 2012-01-11, 07:46   Link #1229
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Harem anime always end with open-end style. WIth the protagonist being too indecisive to choose a girl. And when there's ending with the main girls, the rest will just be the unlucky ones. Not many has harem ending with all the girls accepting the deal with harem.
Old 2012-01-11, 07:49   Link #1230
fazri
blacksun king

Quote:
You might totally MISUNDERSTAND my comment. I am NOT upset about his perversion, in fact i ENJOY the way he is being played by Buchou due to his pervert nature. What i'm UPSET about is he is half-heart, mixing everything together, not focusing on his current objective.

You know the quote "work hard,(then) play hard" means right? What he is doing is completely opposite as i already point out. he is like "work not so hard and play not so hard at the same time".

"work hard, play hard' in this situation, i mean:

1st, when you are in pervert mode, BE A FUCKING PLAY-BOY :you shouldn't fantasy about tits, you should grope them, fondle them and when i say "them", i don't mean 1 pair of tits. And when you declare " her virginity is mine" you should take them right after the fight, right on the next chapter not after volumes!

2nd, you are in fighter mode, it's obivously that you are fighting to protect your friend(only Kiba) AND YOUR GIRLS = some fucking netorare scums try to steal your girls, you should be FUCKING DEAD SERIOUS.

Dead serious= developing moves and spells that make opponent die in miserably and agony, slowly; not some fucking stripping clothes magic. That's spell is for stalker who want attack some girls, move to pervert section above!
AND when you develop such half heart spell, it 's obviously that YOUR GIRLS IS STOLEN FROM YOU WHETHER YOU WANT OR NOT, NETORARE STORY BEGIN!!

Example? Imagine if Isei doesn't have dragon power( a fucking random power-up which can be seen many time in Bleach, Naruto or SAILOR MOON) or Buchou's brother doesn't give him a chance after "life5, volume 2" what will happen? Buchou will marry Rasier and Isei, as their servant, will be forced to witness all sexual act between them and become introverting, locking himself in a room and spending his fucking misery life to think about why he developed such useless spell.

P/S:And everyone, please, if you think it can't be help he is just a new devil. If he couldn't developed ANY spell, i am not mad at all. BUT if he can develop one spell, he can develop another=> Instead developing such useless spell, why don't develop a combat-useful spell. And REMEMBER, he develops this SPELL IN an event DECIDING whether he loses Rias or not. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR A PERVERT TO DEVELOP AN USELESS PERVERT SPELL WHICH LEAD HIM TO LOSE HIS GIRL.PERIOD.
uwah there someone attacking ise.
i know what you mean but you must know some fact about ise.
1.ise hard working people,everyday he always training hard with rias couch him,rias always spartan when training.
2.ise is stupid that honest to his desire he create that dress break before rias fall for him.he is stupid pervert.also he don't have talent on swordmanship like kiba,talent using magic like akeno,rias and asia.he know that the best.his only posible magic that he can creat is only dress break because magic is embodierment of imagination.ise imagination is to strip woman.
3.because his trauma ise little bit dense about girls feelling.well he always don't understand about girls feeling if he understand he already popular before become devil.
4.the trauma he have because yuuma-chan,she is the first woman that ise love with his all heart first but he get tricked and die by her.he still love her but his desire about revenge to yuuma is quite big.on the end vol 1 ise cause the death of yuuma.the feeling guilty,love and angry that ise have for her give big scar in ise heart.because of that ise have trauma he want touch woman,lovey dovey with them but without he relise his heart make some break when he around girl.he's scared to love woman again until vol 10 with the help akeno,koneko and asia.ise trauma reduced quite bit.at last on vol 10 he confess his feeling to rias.
5.ise radical power up is caused hegave his life arm to draig the red dragom. the jagernout mode that actived on vol 6 with prize his life span reduced 99%,he can use triana mode because one of maou modify ise devil chess piece so the piece can be harmony with boosted gear on vol 8,vol 9 the effect of modified devil chess piece show up.on vol 10 the ultimate promotion that pawn can have is queen promotion ise archive on verge dying.well with help of albion the white dragon gem that ise install if not ise will back to jagernout mode that will kill him for consume all his life span(maybe).and he archive crimson queen mode.
well i will defend ise because he's my fav MC after sugisaki ken.
if ise don't have dragon power 100% rias will never make ise his pawn.
and the story ise life end also the novel.

Last edited by fazri; 2012-01-11 at 08:22.
Old 2012-01-11, 07:55   Link #1231
bietchie11

Quote:

Spoiler for :
My previous comment answers exactly how my opinion on schooldays. Schoolday is a harem and romance manga, which the main character contains these characteristic which i hate:horny(or pervert), indecisive and coward. He can't decide which girl he wants yet horny enough to make love with girl and then not have courage to take responsibility. If i were him, i will man up, call both of the girls, say:" Hey, i love you both, will you both marry me?". If they love me enough to agree, it's good. If they both slap me and break up, so it be, i deserve it when i love 1 girl yet looks for another.

But, Isei is different from him. He proudly says he want to make harem in front of the girls which i agree. Which also means when girls fall in love with him, they are fully aware that they will share him with another girls.

I'm a romance type who is faithful to one girl, my GF. But still it will be nice to be surround by girls (they say the more the merrier). If i have no girlfriend and 2 girls love me so much that move my heart, what do you think i'm gonna do? Chose one ? no, cose both. That's how i roll and that's my definition of harem = make every girls(who love you) you love happy.

Example: Tsukino Jyogi - b38c Loveberry Twins(this is hentai, don't read if you are under 19)
Old 2012-01-11, 08:14   Link #1232
fazri
blacksun king

Quote:
My previous comment answers exactly how my opinion on schooldays. Schoolday is a harem and romance manga, which the main character contains these characteristic which i hate:horny(or pervert), indecisive and coward. He can't decide which girl he wants yet horny enough to make love with girl and then not have courage to take responsibility. If i were him, i will man up, call both of the girls, say:" Hey, i love you both, will you both marry me?". If they love me enough to agree, it's good. If they both slap me and break up, so it be, i deserve it when i love 1 girl yet looks for another.

But, Isei is different from him. He proudly says he want to make harem in front of the girls which i agree. Which also means when girls fall in love with him, they are fully aware that they will share him with another girls.

I'm a romance type who is faithful to one girl, my GF. But still it will be nice to be surround by girls (they say the more the merrier). If i have no girlfriend and 2 girls love me so much that move my heart, what do you think i'm gonna do? Chose one ? no, cose both. That's how i roll and that's my definition of harem = make every girls(who love you) you love happy.

Example: Tsukino Jyogi - b38c Loveberry Twins(this is hentai, don't read if you are under 19)
hahaha...
PLEASE don't compare this with school days makoto is totally jerk.
ise is totally different that you must know.
how about you re-read from vol 1 to know ise character more.
i like more star prince from tsukino jyogi.
after all i'm an S
Old 2012-01-11, 08:37   Link #1233
SvNto7

Well quite an intense debate there...for me at least all the girls are happy, i'm fine with it

Little OOT..my fav eroge is Rance series

@n0m@n; You said that the silver haired girl in student council is liking Ise, is it the one in haremtv (somebody already asked it and i repeat it because i'm curious too)

and then are there any story behind her love to Ise? And do Ise's lovers know about it?
Old 2012-01-11, 08:37   Link #1234
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
hahaha...
PLEASE don't compare this with school days makoto is totally jerk.
ise is totally different that you must know.
how about you re-read from vol 1 to know ise character more.
i like more star prince from tsukino jyogi.
after all i'm an S
Do you even read my comment? i said clearly that Isei is different from him, period.
Old 2012-01-11, 08:45   Link #1235
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
uwah there someone attacking ise.
i know what you mean but you must know some fact about ise.
1.ise hard working people,everyday he always training hard with rias couch him,rias always spartan when training.
2.ise is stupid that honest to his desire he create that dress break before rias fall for him.he is stupid pervert.also he don't have talent on swordmanship like kiba,talent using magic like akeno,rias and asia.he know that the best.his only posible magic that he can creat is only dress break because magic is embodierment of imagination.ise imagination is to strip woman.
3.because his trauma ise little bit dense about girls feelling.well he always don't understand about girls feeling if he understand he already popular before become devil.
4.the trauma he have because yuuma-chan,she is the first woman that ise love with his all heart first but he get tricked and die by her.he still love her but his desire about revenge to yuuma is quite big.on the end vol 1 ise cause the death of yuuma.the feeling guilty,love and angry that ise have for her give big scar in ise heart.because of that ise have trauma he want touch woman,lovey dovey with them but without he relise his heart make some break when he around girl.he's scared to love woman again until vol 10 with the help akeno,koneko and asia.ise trauma reduced quite bit.at last on vol 10 he confess his feeling to rias.
5.ise radical power up is caused the jagernout mode that actived on vol 6 with prize his life span reduced 99%,he can use triana mode because one of maou modify ise devil chess piece so the piece can be harmony with boosted gear on vol 8,vol 9 the effect of modified devil chess piece show up.on vol 10 the ultimate promotion that pawn can have is queen promotion ise archive on verge dying.well with help of albion the white dragon gem that ise install if not ise will back to jagernout mode that will kill him for consume all his life span(maybe).and he archive crimson queen mode.
well i will defend ise because he's my fav MC after sugisaki ken.
1st
That idiom means how serious and focus you should put in to get the job done. You shouldn't play when working thus needn't worry about work when playing. Not about how hard your training SEEM TO BE because the hardship he feel is not the fact, it's his personal opinion. May be someone weaker than him but live in a third world country find that training not hard at all.

2nd,
He is honest about his desire, gotta love it. He is stupid, well that's a sin to be born weak but it's okay if you make up with hard work. After all Ax B= C with a= talent, b=hard-working, c= your value, if they have bigger A then you just need to get a bigger B to be equal to them. But there is NO FUCKING EXCUSE to make such useless spell. What is the odd to fight again FEMALE opponent to REALIZE his HAREM dream and save HIS GIRLS from OTHER GUYS? 0% if you think logically.

And as i plead you, don't make such fuss about no talent, make fucking up with hard work. If you are good at something, that doesn't mean you are the best AND you are BAD at something doesn't mean you are the WORST at it. EXAMPLE:Someone are worse than you at programing but they feel they are good at it and work hard, they will eventually beat you, and that's a real life experience !!!!! CONCLUSION, what you are good or bad at is not a matter of an unchangeable fact, just your fucking feeling so it can be change. IT IS SIMPLY HOW YOU DISTRIBUTED YOUR VALUE SO FAR. IN ISEI CASE, 0.1% in SWORDMANSHIP, 0.1% in MARTIAL ART, 0.1% in MAGIC and 99% in MASTURBATE.
He just need to change that. IS that hard? NO!!!!! "magic is embodierment of imagination". To be good at magic, what do you need to do? Imagine!!! Easy as cake. For example, if he imagines Buchou is violated by Raiser, at least he can makes spell dismember spell when he imagine he cut Raiser dick. But i guest Rias is not as important as his dick because instead of some combat-useful dismember spell born from hatred for Rias' opponent, he make some fucking useless spell (which make so little impact as three strongest flying key member of Raiser team will be not affect) just to satisfy his virgin-pervert need "see girls' nake body".

3rd
"IT's a biggest shame for a man to not "eat" what lay before him", period.

4 th
It's not his fault to be dumped and betrayed. But it's his fault to not get over with that event. In real life, you break up, you continue your life and find new love.

5th
100000000000000...0000 power unit x O% effectiveness = nothing. Play RPG more. Simple example, you deal 100000....000 fire damage (pervert spell) to lighting immune mod (girls)? Cool. But to a fire immune mod( other pervert, men) ? ohhhhh you screw.

Last edited by bietchie11; 2012-01-11 at 09:02.
Old 2012-01-11, 09:04   Link #1236
Bear Killer
Useless Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvNto7 View Post
Well quite an intense debate there...for me at least all the girls are happy, i'm fine with it

@n0m@n; You said that the silver haired girl in student council is liking Ise, is it the one in haremtv (somebody already asked it and i repeat it because i'm curious too)

and then are there any story behind her love to Ise? And do Ise's lovers know about it?
Sounds to me like it's more of a crush than her becoming a harem candidate - but it's probably too early to tell right now.

I'm the same way. As long as the girls are happy, I'm happy. I can't remember the last harem where I honestly liked every girl. Asia annoys me by interfering a lot, but I guess she's just having trouble adjusting to what's going on around her.
Old 2012-01-11, 09:08   Link #1237
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvNto7 View Post

I love Rance too. My first impression of him is really bad as he is the speaker of his dick(Koihime Musou reference). But eventualy, i find out that he is a good guy and honest about his sexual impulse has enough resolve and courage to do what he want. Courage is what Isei lacks.
Old 2012-01-11, 09:12   Link #1238
MeganeShounen
Huh?

I was reading another novel set in Europe when I noticed something. It mentioned a Welsh Dragon flag.
Red, scaly and fierce looking. And it seems Ddraig is Welsh for dragon...

I suppose this is where the author got the idea and design behind Issei's Boosted Gear Scale Mail form?
Old 2012-01-11, 09:14   Link #1239
bietchie11

Quote:
Sounds to me like it's more of a crush than her becoming a harem candidate - but it's probably too early to tell right now.

I'm the same way. As long as the girls are happy, I'm happy. I can't remember the last harem where I honestly liked every girl. Asia annoys me by interfering a lot, but I guess she's just having trouble adjusting to what's going on around her.
Agree, as long as girl are happy. But he has to be quick, be decisive. The longer the more melancholy girls are.
Old 2012-01-11, 09:18   Link #1240
SvNto7

Quote:

Hmm...maybe you're right. A crush...but interesting, does she got if after or before Ise become devil, if it is before then lol

I'm agree with a fact that many harem genre finally ends only with the main girls, while the others...so in HS DxD while they are competing only to be closest is wonderful, at least we know that the ending will be a happy ending for everyone (author said that)

Well before the devil, Asia is a nun (sister) who served the God to the fullest, of course she is having trouble, but well maybe she will changed with the story flows.

I see why Rias really see Akeno as the most promising challanger in position of harem queen:

- Akeno got asset that bigger than Rias
- Ise already at least said Akeno name but Rias stil Buchou
- Akeno is more active in seducing Ise
- Ise already admire them, it can be looks on chapter that got updated when Rias say about Akeno-onesan (aw jeaously is really adorable)
- Akeno got the 1st date with Ise later

Quote:
I love Rance too. My first impression of him is really bad as he is the speaker of his dick(Koihime Musou reference). But eventualy, i find out that he is a good guy and honest about his sexual impulse has enough resolve and courage to do what he want. Courage is what Isei lacks.
Quote:
Agree, as long as girl are happy. But he has to be quick, be decisive. The longer the more melancholy girls are.
Yeah my 1st impression is same like you, but as i play and read more, his character is quite heroic, only his lust are outstanding.

Well as story flows, Ise will find more and more courage, and the peak is at vol 10 when he confessed to Rias. FYI all girls know that Rias will be the one that marries Ise and become his queen and doesn't have any grudge because harem is not prohibited at devil world and Ise dream is harem so all girl know they will get his attention lol

If you talk about other courage, his action when trying to protect Asia from the wicked priest already show that he had courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
I was reading another novel set in Europe when I noticed something. It mentioned a Welsh Dragon flag.
Red, scaly and fierce looking. And it seems Ddraig is Welsh for dragon...

I suppose this is where the author got the idea and design behind Issei's Boosted Gear Scale Mail form?
Yeah probably from there, and combined with Gundam will make the idea of his moves "Ilegal Triana" later.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, devil, ecchi, fetish, harem, nudity, oppai, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural