AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2013-07-14, 04:41   Link #61
bogcsa1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Sorry for the double post but here's the latest teaser. We already saw these scenes though:

The video was removed. Damn Sony
bogcsa1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 00:28   Link #62
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Just stumbled upon this:

Spoiler for Story outline for the third film.:

Source: ANN
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 00:40   Link #63
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

It's basically what we've already known for quite some time. Nothing really new here.
Old 2013-07-23, 10:26   Link #64
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

You know the truth is after 2 years since the TV broadcast ended I actually felt myself losing eagerness for this movie. I mean time erodes all.

And....then I watched the two movies and I remembered, "Oh yeah, this series is the very creation of the puppies and kitties and happiness mushed together."
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 07:45   Link #65
NutShell

lol homura getting married it is quite big news for me
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 23:52   Link #66
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Welp, the movie's coming to the United States, Canada, and France

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...france-in-2013
I'd imagine still coming to a theater nowhere near me, mostly because I am currently located in Norman, Oklahoma, and unfortunately will be for the forseeable future. Unless my university anime club can get permission to play it somehow...

Quote:
^ Wow, Homura fits so well in that depressively dark background. I love it!

I can't wait to see Homura in action. I want her to finally be able to save/help Madoka on her own accord, or at least save Madoka's world. Homura deserves to be the hero for once. Besides, I think she needs that in order to fine closure before meeting Madoka again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post

How that plays out into the movie, I have no idea. Madoka's wish basically took all of that burden (and more) onto herself, but because of this she cannot directly interact with the physical world anymore. So assuming at least some of the teasers we've seen so far aren't just flashbacks, something went wrong and the wish was either altered somehow or there was a loophole/weak point that the wish didn't cover.....both of which are most likely being exploited by the Incubators.

That said, I'm hoping the movie doesn't just chew the girls up and spit them out. I'd much rather see an Empire Strikes Back to Return of the Jedi scenario. Minus the Ewoks.
If Kyubey is involved, hopefully it will end with Homura unleashing her Homu-Rage and finding a way to permanently blow him to Q-Bits in the most epic manner possible. And judging from the "Everybody Hates Kyubey" pool at Danbooru, I'm not the only one who'd like to see that!

Edit: "Homu-Rage"... Think I'll use that with my avatar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
She is still using machine gun in trailer when fighting Mami. It may be flashback but I don't think so.(it will be too bad if they fill short movie with flashbacks) Everything is possible, Homura definitely supported by Madoka in some ways.

I for one hope Homura keeps using military hardware in the new universe. I get the who symbolism of the bow, but the using real weapons really adds to Homu's badass appeal and, IMO she just isn't the same without her arsenal.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 13:58   Link #67
Jimmy C

To be realistic, getting real weapons was an option only because Homura had timestop. If she no longer has that, stealing guns out of military bases is nearly impossible, even for her.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 06:05   Link #68
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
To be realistic, getting real weapons was an option only because Homura had timestop. If she no longer has that, stealing guns out of military bases is nearly impossible, even for her.
I realize that, but I'm just saying, I hope she regains her powers for this movie.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 15:45   Link #69
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Really, I'd rather she didn't, since nothing can top the Walpurgis fight and she has no reason to keep them. Let her just inherit Madoka's powers for symbolism.

Really, I'd rather know what 'this world's Homura' (before main Homura overwrote her memory) wished for. Did she wish to save that cat to continue the tradition of that cat being saved in every timeline?
Old 2013-08-21, 17:56   Link #70
Kazu-kun

^ Urobuchi doesn't even now how the cat is called, so I doubt Homura's wish relates to it in any way.

But I agree it's an interesting question. What did Homura wish for in a world where she never knew Madoka? Whatever it is, I hope it helps to explain her powers, especially the witch-like black wings from the epilogue of the tv series.
Old 2013-08-22, 12:09   Link #71
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
^ Urobuchi doesn't even now how the cat is called, so I doubt Homura's wish relates to it in any way.

But I agree it's an interesting question. What did Homura wish for in a world where she never knew Madoka? Whatever it is, I hope it helps to explain her powers, especially the witch-like black wings from the epilogue of the tv series.
Still, with that drama CD stating that Homura goes out of her way to save that cat in every timeline as tribute to Madoka, it'd be hilarious if it became outright confirmed that this cat is safe in every possible universe. XD

Aside from that, the only thing I can think of is that Homura made a wish that's idealistic and Madoka-y, establishing an in-universe reason for their metaphysical connection.

As for the wings, my personal headcanon is still "Madoka appears to those who lose hope > Homura knows this > Homura can never completely lose hope > Whenever her soul gem would otherwise darkens, she hears Madoka, gets happy, and releases all the Grief in a super attack."
Old 2013-08-22, 16:26   Link #72
Shadow5YA

I'm not so sure they would (or even need to) reveal Homura's wish in the new Madokaless world. I'm thinking it would be similar to Steins;Gate's time travel narrative, where the main protagonist's consciousness is transplanted into the new world.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 20:31   Link #73
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm not so sure they would (or even need to) reveal Homura's wish in the new Madokaless world. I'm thinking it would be similar to Steins;Gate's time travel narrative, where the main protagonist's consciousness is transplanted into the new world.
Isn't that basically what Homura does anyway? She doesn't make a wish every time loop, she just goes back to when she was in the hospital, memories and powers intact.
Old 2013-08-22, 23:27   Link #74
Jimmy C

The problem with that and the final timeline is there appears to be a second "consciousness transplant" event after Sayaka dies. That seems to cause quite a bit of head scratching.
Despite that, I favor the idea myself.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 03:41   Link #75
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Isn't that basically what Homura does anyway? She doesn't make a wish every time loop, she just goes back to when she was in the hospital, memories and powers intact.
The difference is that in every previous timeline, the original Homura goes back one month in time, when Homura was in the hospital and still wasn't a magical girl. She's automatically turned into a magical girl when the soul/consciousness from the original Homura takes over her body.

In the new world, on the other hand, the original Homura takes over when Sayaka dies, and it's clear the Homura of this world already was a magical girl since before the point.

So, this means the Homura of this world, a Homura who didn't know Madoka, made a wish and became a magical girl for some reason. Then, later on, the consciousness from the original Homura took over her body, but retained the powers the Homura of this world already had.

If you think about it that way, it's really not that hard to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
As for the wings, my personal headcanon is still "Madoka appears to those who lose hope > Homura knows this > Homura can never completely lose hope > Whenever her soul gem would otherwise darkens, she hears Madoka, gets happy, and releases all the Grief in a super attack."
I heard that explanation before, but it's a bit too out there for me. So I would prefer if they establish a connection between her wish in that world and the witch-like wings.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-08-23 at 04:05.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 09:19   Link #76
maximilianjenus
[E]

Agreed, the bigger "problem" here is that when homura changed from one world to the other before only very minor thing would change; while for the latest world we see, madoka rewrte all of history ; I think they won't really change the impact of the historic ahou shoujo and we will only see a few things that change for the current generation of mahou shoujo.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 08:50   Link #77
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
2. 1:31 - So... either Madoka Magica is turning into Persona, or Homura wants to commit suicide... Anybody want to take a stab at this?
I'm wondering if it was a proof that their souls aren't in their bodies, and they don't die as long as the soul gem is fine? Like some previous timeline where she showed that as a horrific example to someone for some reason.
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 23:53   Link #78
Shadow5YA

Quote:
The difference is that in every previous timeline, the original Homura goes back one month in time, when Homura was in the hospital and still wasn't a magical girl. She's automatically turned into a magical girl when the soul/consciousness from the original Homura takes over her body.

In the new world, on the other hand, the original Homura takes over when Sayaka dies, and it's clear the Homura of this world already was a magical girl since before the point.

So, this means the Homura of this world, a Homura who didn't know Madoka, made a wish and became a magical girl for some reason. Then, later on, the consciousness from the original Homura took over her body, but retained the powers the Homura of this world already had.

If you think about it that way, it's really not that hard to understand/
I never said it was hard to understand.

I was wondering how it's relevant to the story. The Homura we know took over, and more than likely the narrative will focus on her. I don't really think who the former Homura of the new world was matters.[/QUOTE]
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 09:16   Link #79
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I was wondering how it's relevant to the story. The Homura we know took over, and more than likely the narrative will focus on her. I don't really think who the former Homura of the new world was matters.
Well, that depends on what sort of story they're going to tell. I just think it would be cool to know her wish, mostly to see how it relates to her powers.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-08-26 at 10:23.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 09:38   Link #80
maximilianjenus
[E]

My guess is that gen wantsh to end "madoka's" history by ending homura's so he/someone else can start writing the new arc using new magical girls (I lost track of the article, but several new mangas have been confirmed, one of which is about a new magical girl, it is even named after her), so doing something like gundam -> gundam.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madoka